[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Today's episode was so good, probably my favorite till now. I always end up crying and emotionally wiped out after watching this drama but in a good way. I love how they're are helping each other heal. I'm so happy for GT for finally realizing his mom actually loved him too no matter what and no matter how hard it must have been for her to raise her two sons alone. I can't wait for him to finally let go of his safety pin and to embrace the fact that he can have his wants and needs like anyone and he doesn't need to suppress himself all the time. 

I am happy for MY starting to finally set herself free from her mom. And for once I am not annoyed with the second leads of a kdrama.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

After watched ep 7 with subs my heart breaks for KT and his memories... One of the best part was their little date and when i saw that scene in the car i was so happy with MY. She was exactly like a normal girl returning home from her first date with her boyfriend...:sparklyeyes: Now i want the mistery unfold 'cause i suspect the lady who read always a book. Maybe she's MY auntie or her mother friend...

About the first kiss maybe we'll get one tomorrow but my pervy mind is on that couple. We'll get all on fire seeing them kissing. Chemistry is off the chart right now so i really hope to see that hot caregiver explode!!!:evilelmo:

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Again every episode got me on a roller coaster ride. At first watching live, I thought this ep was kinda slow and easy (mostly because I don't understand their sayings), but the scene of that lady patient and later strike of KT’s memory of mom were so hurtful that I teared up with no need for words :tears: (KSH’s acting really got me). Mothers relating stories always wet my eyes (not sure with MY’s mom but that did wet my pants, lol jk). This drama never fails to stir up my heart, too soon to assume that it’s gonna be easy to get through one episode without mood swing.

The meaning behind the spring dog story, as enlightening and touching as the previous ones. It’s funny and heartbreaking at the same time when ST compared KT to the dog as he weeps at night. I think ST knows that his brother was suppressing his wounds and emotions, but he doesn’t break the ice bc he knew his brother is a coward, and how KT just laughs it off (sigh). Though KT’s showing more real feelings, I feel that his smile is not there yet, pls practice more with MY haha. He still hasn’t got that courage to let ST (maybe more precisely, himself) go, he was reluctant to ask whether ST was working too much and got tired, ridiculously it’s more like he fears that hyung would have an independent life and someday stop needing him. Heartbreaking how KT always says he already fed up with people needing him but now possibly scares to be not needed anymore.  It was also hard to see how he clutched onto his hyung and cried every time he was drunk, more hugs for KT pls, like seriously a big hug for them all. I demand that KT can relax more, and he needs more days off lol. As MY did one good thing for the patient, helped setting her free; hopefully with a hint of KT quoting the last line of the spring dog story to MY, he will also be set free, with help from MY’s “unusual ways”.

About the couple interaction, it’s good to hear that KT reconsidered and apologized for what he said, that was truly harsh. Aside from that, KT’s getting all flustered around MY (KSH real life relatable lol), and her boldness never dies haha. Ahhhhhh they were so cute and cozy at the stairs, little talks always bring a healing vibe. He gave Mang Tae to MY, meaning he cares for her as much as he cares for ST (his family). Seeing them together makes me smile but my heart is also worrying and stretching at the same time, like the phantom of their pasts and underlying feelings keep me from fully absorb the moments :(. Despite my nonsense nerves on, the scene after KT fixing MY’s hair is...urghhhh squeals, he compliments her “pretty” his voice :tears: I have a heart attack every time KT speaks in soft and gentle tone like that, especially when he does to MY, music to my ears definitely. I watched the scene again and again, mesmerized by how he looked at her, how they smiled at each other, my heart nearly shattered to pieces (out of happiness).

I have to scream that MY’s eyes for KT is so endearing in this episode, she surely can’t make it without him. SYJ’s description of KT to MY in the interview as “her heart” was sooo accurate. Also I notice each time KT said something hurtful, like “stop following”, “let’s not meet again”, “empty can” and “go away” in this episode (even that was just a repeat of her words), MY seemed to look like dying inside (and there's really something about KT repeating MY’s words I swear), so let’s pray that no words like those again, my nerves are getting weaker through time. And MY’ long hair, ouch may I shed tears, I know she’s starting to cut off her fear but…still having little hope someday in the future she can grow it back but also smiling brightly like in the official poster. Anw, she looks stunning and fresh with her new hair, pulling off a totally different aura which is positive.  

Jae Su was such a mood maker, he’s that friend that we all want in life lol. And Ju Ri’s “Hyde & Jekyll” symptom when drunk was not as bad as I thought, she was actually cuter that way. Poor CEO Lee who got smacked and scolded the entire series lol.

The trailer spoiled that ST might be upset due to MY slowly “taking away” his “things” (may include KT), a heart-wrenching thought again. I guess it’s the same insecurity for KT, the Moon brothers have been tied up for so long that they fear even the slightest change, but at the same time they both start to acknowledge their own wants/needs (maybe develop a little bit of selfish too because we are all human). Of course in the end, they can all sort things out but I guess not without some angsty scenes (again) :( MY can be an unexpected and enlightening catalyst here as I hope.

• Like 11
  • Love 3

Loved seeing KT start to let out his emotions more, he's such a cute drunk with MY. This was a good character driven ep. The way ST reacted to MY's haircut gave me a pause but I know autistic people struggle with change. I'll wait until tomorrow's ep to speak on the ST/MY/KT dynamic. 

Idk why I kind of expected a heartfelt moment with MY and that patient.. I guess when KT told her she "did great" I thought she was being nice. LMAO. Sometimes I feel bad laughing at her antics because I know she's not well but she's hilarious. I felt bad for the patient until she said she finally felt free. MY did do great even if she wasn't trying to. :P I can't wait to see our leads let go of the past. MY already started with the hair. Such a cute moment!

Next ep looks intense. More jealous KT? :wub: I'm still holding out for a kiss. *puts on clown costume* 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ST is jealous of KT liking MY or mY liking KT?

The best line "You shouldn't drink, otherwise it will be bad"... you can so tall that KT knows immediately if both are drunk it will be intense fierce love making

I am Waiting for an INTENSE KISS , we have completed the First Half of the show barring 1 episode. 

:smooches3:

ST I am not sure who will he be jealous of...I think there is a dialog tomorrow on the lines, "I am fedup of sharing things or not having things on my own" . More like MY doting on KT and KT not getting that ST should be the one MY to dote on (Analogy Like the Shirt, Dinasour Shirt should have been worn by MY as per ST not the Plain one because that was more expensive and Belonged to him)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

Oh my god, Episode 7 just blew me away (I say this after each episode, and they just keep getting better and better!). Some observations in no particular order:

(1) GT and MY laughing when GT sees her haircut - this is the FIRST time we see both of them laughing authentically, without anything holding them back

(2) "The Cheerful Dog" book - did others notice that this is the first book (at least to my observation) in color??? Another indication of MY's character development perhaps.

(3) GT's grip on ST as he said he missed his mom and that his mom indeed loved him - very interesting parallel to when MY gripped GT's shirt at the beginning of each episode. Shows that while GT and MY seem very different on the outside, they are both dealing with deep-rooted family issues that have plagued them since their childhood.

(4) The number of times GT "broke the rules" (skipping work, getting drunk) was refreshing to see - hopefully he realizes it is okay to let loose and live his own life without being a "leashed dog" that is (partially) self-imposed

(5) As many folks have already pointed out, ST's astute observations and insightful quotes continue to blow me away. His one liners are hilarious, especially his back and forth with Jae-Su:

"'Later' means before you die"

"Actually, I brought GT to live with me and MY. We're like a BOGO deal"

(6) GT recognizing MY for her (the way she was able to "free" the fur coat lady, the power of her books, saying that she is not an "empty can")

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4

Hi Everyone!

I haven’t watched ep 7 yet but I just sat and read through 5 pages of comments and theories, pics , clips. I must say so excited.

Loving to know our OTP are closer, KT learns about why they go to that particular Chinese Korean place, JR mom helping KT, MY helping the ahjumma who lost her daughter, KT saving the CEO lol, curious about drunk JR, looking forward to drunk KT!

Thanks for the outfit voting contest it was fun!

Love MY new hair cut and looking forward to a rollercoaster ride of emotions.  I feel I will get more out of my viewing experience today! Gosh almost halfway over! Dang!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Teeners said:

Jae Su on GT: He needs a friend, not another brother

I am still reading the posts but a few quick reactions :)

@teeners your post made me smile. I was just going to ask everyone here:

do you think that GT will become like his mom? Pulled in two directions while obviously having to pander more to ST and expecting MY to understand. (His mom pandered more to ST and expected GT to understand!)

the preview scene of GT running behind ST with a camera and forgetting MY behind is almost a a mirror of what his mom did with GT and ST in earlier memories. 

i think ST throws a tantrum because he learns that GT gave his doll to MY... i am prepared and yet not prepared for tomorrow.

but the quote above again underlines what GT needs and how MY is another ST but in a different way! 

i loved episode 7 and I think MY taking the shawl which ended up freeing the patient was a fluke. why MY does what she does we will never know :D

and I think the drama will bring in guests as patients for one or two episodes. We had the politician's son and now the shawl lady.

show you are warm and a tease. Hope you get lots of love.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

everything was great about episode 7 and i enjoyed reading people's theories and insightful analyses here. while i agree with most of them, i can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that ST might potentially hinder the growing relationship of MY and KT. anyways, this shall be discussed after watching episode 8. 

after watching episode 7, i grew even more curious of what might be behind the mysterious disappearance of MY's mom. her character seems very appealing to me and also the title of her last book made me think about all the possible theories about her. while i failed to gather one, i think (also hope) we'll be getting a separate episode focusing on her. also, the name "The Murder of Witch of the West" sounds interesting. maybe it's related to her death/suicide/disappearance?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, TiNaDo said:

KMY & MST having "fun" while writing and drawing, respectively. Yet, the moment was cut abruptly. So it is interesting to see their kind of "fun".

I wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up writing smut. It would be very KMY-like.

Needless to say, I enjoy reading your perspective. I love how the episodes are coming together, along with everyone’s indicidual and collective analysis—the Beauty and the Beast, Clementine, etc. This is the drama that you look forward to, but at the same time, don’t look forward to because it means it will end :((( 

Kim Soo-hyun is amazing. But Seo Yeji. Had any other actress played KMY, I don’t think a lot of people would easily empathize with her. SYJ acts so well with her eyes and voice. I was amazed during the scene where she first tried to cut her hair. No dialogue but I felt her hesitation, fear, and frustration. Then, when she was given Mang-tae. Small shifts in her facial expression and tone but it was on point.

and lastly, we have the last scene. When she moved her hand and a tear fell, and how neither of them have to speak (yet again) to convey the relief, happiness, and comfort they found in each other. At this rate, the cast should be preparing award speeches  hahaha they’re amazing!

• Like 11
  • Love 3

Whoa! Been gone for a few days due to RL. 

Just finished the episode! Man this drama always has me like this:

tenor.gif

amazing episode 7! I cried then laughed then cried and smiled with them at the end.

These two have severe sexual tension going! Give us the kiss..soon.

:eats:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Hello everyone! It’s my first time posting in this thread though I’ve been following your discussions for awhile. I finally decided to unlurk to show my love for the drama. I knew there must’ve been something special about this drama for KSH to choose it as his comeback project. Even though this drama might not be for everyone, I’m happy he chose such a meaningful project. I couldn’t have been happier when  SYJ was announced as his leading lady because she blew my mind away in Save Me. I’ve been her fan since then and I she hasn’t disappointed me with her acting so far (not to mention she has such a unique raspy voice for a k-actress as I’m allergic to overly cute and whiny voices female leads usually use).

As someone who’ve suffered from the sleep paralysis at least dozens times in my life, I feel so sorry for Moon Young. It’s hard to describe how frightening and suffocating the experiences were and I definitely wouldn’t wish it upon anybody. For a long time I didn’t even know what happened to me had a name. I didn’t know there were people who experienced the same thing. It’s worse than a vivid nightmare... at least you can wake up from a nightmare by will, but sleep paralysis just leaves you... paralysed. Can you imagine how scary it is not to be able to control your will? I’d best describe it as a brain waking up before a body. You mind is awake but your body is still asleep, your body doesn’t listen to you. You want to open your eyes to finally wake up from the “nightmare” but you can’t! Your eyes won’t open and your limbs are paralysed. You can’t move, you can’t wake up, all you wish is that someone come to shake you, to wake your body. It’s like you are being trapped in your own body and the worst nightmares and fears come alive. I eventually woke up but after what felt to me like long hours spent in hell. Every time it happened I was drained and couldn’t dare to sleep again. I just wanted to curl up and cry my eyes out.

That’s why I feel so deeply for our heroine despite her arrogance and mean demeanour. I hope she’ll find her way to free herself from the sleep paralysis.

• Like 11
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, softestfairy said:

Idk why I kind of expected a heartfelt moment with MY and that patient.. I guess when KT told her she "did great" I thought she was being nice. LMAO. Sometimes I feel bad laughing at her antics because I know she's not well but she's hilarious. I felt bad for the patient until she said she finally felt free. MY did do great even if she wasn't trying to. :P I can't wait to see our leads let go of the past. MY already started with the hair. Such a cute moment!

When I watched the preview for episode 7, I was thinking the same...MY did something admirable, but it's not in her character. Of course, she would help a patient indirectly in HER own way, and she none the wiser for it. At least KT acknowledged it  lol. I also feel bad for laughing at her antics, but I can't help myself. SYJ is killing it with her performance. She makes this anti-heroine likable.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Thanks again for this forum! A lot of my thoughts were already eloquently written out already by others. :D

I watched today’s episode and I know I am joining the thundering chorus of opinions loving today’s episode 7. I knew what was going to happen overall, but after watching it, the acting by our cast and OTP are pretty darn amazing. Here just some fave times during episode (there were more of OTP but highlighted well by others than I could explain)

- I got my wish for CEO and JR in some scenes together lol, just not knowing it would be in front of the convenience store getting drunk lol. She giving up on her crush and him upset over MY treating him this poorly after 10 years. When JR realized CEO Lee was MY publisher she got upset and about him not reigning MY in etc. He recalled her later as Nurse who called . 

- The morning after where JR realizes from mom a new man her mom didn’t recognize brought her home. In true Kdrama drunken stupor morning after memory recovery - JR recalled all her actions slapping, being silly and yelling at CEO Lee. 

- When CEO tried to get MY to leave the cursed castle as he didn’t want her to suffer again her hallucinations, in his mind this is the right solution. He does care for her a bit obsessively and he did make money too. Loved KT stepping in!

- When he was falling, the bewildered look on CEO Lee thinking KT is it going to save me?! Lol and when KT did, the relief and puppy whimper while resting a hand on his chest was funny. When he tried to reach out to MY, KT bat his hand away. Oooh KT is territorial of MY. 

- KT caring for MY and getting her temperature down wiping her forehead and sleeping by her side. Aww. MY not remembering but glad later she shared her nightmares were always regarding her mom . He knows her trauma is with his mom and he has one of his mom. Both having moms who passed away.

-Later when MY enjoyed her time with KT, always stickler KT took day off to be with her and not runaway (like he did when he came by after being rejected by her) was touching. Driving her (since won’t take fever reducer, eating a lovely lunch and basically being great company but not eating himself, so sweet and thoughtful. Letting down his hair with MY was lovely. I loved his apology to her when she cannot fill that hunger she has, and him letting her know she is not an empty can. YES!

- While in the car, I loved her feisty answers to what to eat? Xxx Where to go? Xxx lol. Aww MY!

-JS telling ST why he had pizza places and only this time got chicken thinking getting loan and sowing roots after constantly moving was touching. JS loves and cares for KT. Being jealous of ST then realizing his tough life, JS smartly knew KT needs a friend not another brother. Lol ST said softly , I need a friend too. Awwww. Glad ST told JS he wasn’t betrayed by KT more following ST contract with MY.

- KT drinking with JS, he was overboard red faced drunk but cute he is comfortable with JS. Loved HS fetal position facing KT while hanging out drinking. Glad JS talked to him about his mom and tried to make him feel better. JR mom giving needed mom perspective. I had only JR and I wanted to runaway. Your mom raised two sons well alone is not easy  and one as you hyung who is special . Now you know caring for ST it is not an easy job.

- MY waiting for drink KT cause he told her to wait. Lol and their banter was cute. He being so open and honest . She was too! Thinking of getting a kiss but getting Mangtae. After declaring it old and ugly, she changed her tune learning of its origins. Aww . KT cares to get it from home so her nightmares can be eaten by it like it did for his hyung. Cute she thought he would kiss her! 

- KT hugging hyung and needing comfort missing mom learning the Chinese Korean place with delicious jjampong was for him . He and hyung had some but she didn’t. (She probably did not have enough money ). She was full just seeing her sons eat well.  Glad then we saw KT mom in his memory NOT exclude him and only worry about ST.

Spoiler

I had chat with mom a few years back and she said do you realize the macdonalds runs we did , your dad and I didn’t eat it. Only you and your siblings, did you ever stop to wonder why we didn’t eat it? We couldn’t afford to eat it often but it was a rare treat for us. We were a working class family and struggled financially growing up but I don’t feel deprived. It was not perfect life but seeing the mom not order her own portion. To all the moms who finish their kids meals , or don’t order as cannot afford to but try to give their all. Thanks to all the moms!

So much more but stopping here, others mentioned the other gorgeous moments. 

KT calling MY beautiful, patting her head saying she did well understanding her actions taken the burden of the expensive shawl. Such a bittersweet story one month salary to buy it . 

Thankful for this forum & looking forward to tomorrow.

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 10
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, glory said:

"The Murder of Witch of the West" sounds interesting. maybe it's related to her death/suicide/disappearance?

Wizard of Oz reference.  The wicked witch of the west didn’t carry a broom, she carried an umbrella.  Like the one MY dragged along in an earlier episode? Dorothy “accidentally“ killed her by throwing a bucket of water over her.  Did MY do the same?  The lake?  MY looks to be embodying her mother (like she’s possessed by her).  

• Like 6

Good morning, afternoon & evening all from around the world.

Fashion Poll:

Hope all is not having too much hard times choosing the best fashion :) It was unexpected that the white lacey attire is leading at the moment.

Episode 7:

Another great, strong episode from last night. Story-wise it is still going strong although the witty transitioning between scenes seem to have disappeared in this episode. Kind of want to see it more because it's so creative.

Relationship Change:

I am surprised how quick (but natural) Moon Young and Kang Tae's relationship had transitioned into, especially Moon Young, because her arrogant façade had completely melted away at the scene Kang Tae returned home drunk. She was also seen being considerate of his feelings on "ugly" doll he had made for his brother, which was sweet.

I do like that the hostility is gone and dynamic have changed. They are conversing more normally too and having deeper talks. Though I don't mind it if Moon Young still tease Kang Tae once in a while, hehe. I like seeing exasperated Kang Tae at times since he's withholding himself so much.

Concern:

In just one episode, the Show has resolved the long time misunderstanding of Kang Tae towards his mother and Moon Young releasing herself from her mother. I've no issue with this if the Show has more contents to fill in the next...9 episodes but if it doesn't then it's worrisome that these got dealt with so soon. I do see the intention of the writer to resolve each of their problems first before moving a step up in the relationship, so let's hope the concern is all for nothing.

Kang Tae:

Eeekk, those tears from Kang Tae really gets me each time. I always take comfort knowing that he has at least Jae Soo to confide in and knows his pain. That he's not completely alone and not loved. I so appreciated the scene where Kang Soon Duk (Joori's Mom) joined them and gave them another perspective from a mother's POV. It was a moment of enlightenment electric-light-bulb_1f4a1.png It was there so obvious all along but Kang Tae was so blinded to see it. The revelation was beautiful, and I love the raw emotions at that moment as he cries into Sang Tae's back. It was heart-wrenching but it was sweet, that in that moment he was the little brother, not the adult who had to take care of Sang Tae.

Moon Young's Book:

I really like this episode story book's tale. The last couple ones were too gory for children, but I think this one is perfect and can be shared. I'm liking the theme of each episode linking to fairy tales or legends. It introduces me to more that I may not know or was aware of its origins.

• Like 18