[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

It's finally the weekend! So looking forward to episode 7! The whole preview has me super excited. Are they finally going on a little trip?  Are they going to have a little date? MY looks so good with that hair and wearing that black outfit.

It's been a busy week and I feel super late to the episode 6 party. But even so, I want to comment on it since it was such a wonderful episode. 

I feel like episode 6 brought up a good discussion about identity, individuality, and codependent vs. interdependent relationships. Although codependent vs. interdependent relationships is mostly about romantic relationships, it can be also looked at in many ways. When KT ripped up ST and MY's contract at the cursed castle, ST's outburst was about him owning himself, that KT doesn't own him. I was surprised by this but it does make sense. This episode shows us that even ST wishes to be his own person, to be an individual, despite his disorder. Then when KT walked out of the cursed castle by himself, there is the flashback to when they were kids and little KT said KT owns KT. Both brothers desires to be their own individual self, but that line got blurred and it became unclear where one individual ends and where the other begins.  

Next we see this brought up again with the talk between KT and JR's mom at the rooftop. I'm starting to like JR's mom. She's like a mom to them all, gave him advice, and she was actually really nice about things even when JR had some hair pulled out and crying in bed. And then the identity and individuality part was brought up again when ST and the publishing CEO met and ST introduced himself to them as the new illustrator with his name, age, disorder, and said he is perfectly capable of taking care of himself. 

Next, we see it here about that camping car. ST made the decision to sign the contract, he wants to be an illustrator, but he also desires to have that camping car because of KT. I feel like that is showing slightly what an interdependent relationship between them can look like. Also, when MY asks what KT likes when the camping car was mentioned, he says nothing in particular. So far, we can see a lot of ST's interests and hobbies, he likes MY's books, drawing, and dinosaurs. But really, what does KT like and what are his interest and hobbies? 

And with KT moving in with MY at the cursed castle, there is even a reaction from KT's friend and MY's publisher. KT's friend screamed "come back to me!" from their rooftop and MY's publisher CEO says he is MY's publisher, mentor, brother, and man. One is doing the owning and the other is having an identity crisis.

There is so much I like about this episode. The Bluebeard story, the possibility MY's father choked her because he had mistaken her for someone else, the pseudo mom that brought such an intense reaction from MY, and that ending. That episode ENDING was awesome. I have never seen a drama bring up sleep paralysis and depict how scary it is so well. And her telling him to run, to get out of here, despite her tightly grabbing his shirt and how scared she was. This really changes things for them. Before, she kept calling him a pretty thing, scrumptious, an object, showing an obsession. And even at the beginning of the episode when she wanted them to live together, she said she saved his life and that she would kill him for leaving. The reaction from KT was to loosen her grip. Finally when she tells him to run, even though she was so scared, did he finally say he will stay. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5

9 minutes ago, Msgreentea said:

Next, we see it here about that camping car. ST made the decision to sign the contract, he wants to be an illustrator, but he also desires to have that camping car because of KT. I feel like that is showing slightly what an interdependent relationship between them can look like. Also, when MY asks what KT likes when the camping car was mentioned, he says nothing in particular. So far, we can see a lot of ST's interests and hobbies, he likes MY's books, drawing, and dinosaurs. But really, what does KT like and what are his interest and hobbies? 

remember when KT seems so sad & hate spring bcs they need to move again? I think one of he likes is being the mental health nurse, after all he seems dedicated, relied & so capable (other will ask him to take care the chaos). He is somehow seems really sincere in his job & has the sense of justice for mental disability people.. 

ofc i'd like to know more about him! Is his clothing also remarks that he loves nature? to blend in & play in nature? something like that..

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yonosoydulce said:

The second song was part of the teasers,  I remember the words  "fairy tale"

Amazing memory! Thanks!

I like the lyrics of the song in the 3rd tvN trailer much more than the official song's.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, cenching said:

Does anyone knows the airing time on Netflix? Thank you....:heartxoxo:

I think it is usually 4pm European central time, which is 11pm Korean time... So 2 hours after it starts to air in Korea.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

POLL! hi ya chingus, we have a poll set up for you to enjoy, chat and discuss. the theme are the faboulous clothes of moon young! thanks to @mademoisellesia for the poll idea and putting together the content! the poll will close on monday night (asia time)

for your reference: here are the pictures of the outfits

ep 1 - the charcoal grey dress to wear while eating steak and scaring children

Spoiler

IipXCvF.jpg&key=f875c9d9ab6087501590653d

ep 1 - the black rose dress to impress even though you hate book reading

Spoiler

S0r7ycf.jpg&key=22c7678cc6d7ba54a864f801

ep 1 - the big bow of colours riot dress you wear to office (publishers)

Spoiler

ruYw5dn.jpg&key=d8a4b04b7dc34ec0b33533e3

ep 2 - I may hate work but I love my sparkly gold earrings and black coat dress (book signing)

Spoiler

1Gier2y.jpg&key=e20ead98db9a15c38e1a85b3

ep 3 - let me feel your abs while I dress like a queen in purple silk

Spoiler

ZdeObLW.png&key=dca3a0c68f9568954e7aa3b1

ep 3 - I have to give a speech and so I am dressed in cream ruffles dress

Spoiler

dN06GZZ.jpg&key=2c0f46ac58f6dfa7907e93bc

ep 4 - I need to confess my love and so I am going to wear a cute black dotted dress with a white hat

Spoiler

FBWC7CE.jpg&key=68a6f42fa12f486bd256b41d

ep 4 - I need to visit my father and so I am wearing a white lace cut dress with hoop earrings

Spoiler

uF9vXN1.jpg&key=8eb27b7343f7fc2839080781

ep 5 - I need to "kidnap" my love and so I need some movement on my leg brown dress

Spoiler

OWuM6ag.png&key=57c2ab93902dfdad8202b860

ep 6 - my sort of nightgown white dress when my love moves in

Spoiler

ALUN9Ue.png&key=52effc5423427b348868e3c6

ep 6 - have to be faboulous in pink even if I am being harassed outfit

Spoiler

7dBuDr8.jpg&key=e7b98ea3b5f1ecf6e275daf7

• Like 9
  • Love 7

Good morning everyone! It is about 6am where I am. I'll watch eps 7 in about 5 hours when I wake back up ^_^ I also recommended this drama to two of my co workers, one who also watches Kdrama and another who was never watched kdrama before but will give this one a shot because I recommended it. Hopefully they actually watched it! I'll recommend this drama until the day I die lol

:cutekitty:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1