[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

6 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

what do you think ST feels for MY? It is definitely a crush but do you see more there? 

also, is MY always treating ST as a pawn to get what she wants from GT? Is MY capable of loving someone?

ST definitely has a crush on MY but I don't think he has a kind of romantic feels for her. More like fanboying just like what we feels toward hot sexy six packed Oppa with soulful eyes.....:hotinhere2:

IMO, MY is not a manipulative person. She is smart and can sees what most people can't BUT she is straightforward and and not a 2 faces or faked person. When she sets her eyes and minds on something, she will "locked" it and focus on it. Most of the time when someone hurled insults at her or said something that she isn't happy with she will stores it in her minds and hurls it back when opportunities arrive. Just like what happened in Bates Motel. That is not manipulative but smart and she hates hypocrites. I do believe that somehow she is incapable of manipulating acts (as most ASP).

With regards to ST, she does sees a potential in him. He is a good illustrator and she needs one for a fresh starts after her latest book got junked. Her works and illustrations tend to get dark and depressing while ST's illustrations are bright and cheerful. Like I said, she is smart so she can sees a good opportunities beside it doesn't hurts either when good illustrator comes with a hot safety pin as a set which is her main goals.....:shaq:  IF she is a manipulative one, she will find other ways in "trapping" GT.

Every human has a capability of loving whether he/she is a psycho or not....:heart4:

• Like 10
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

others (i just didnt know who all to tag) please feel free to jump in to give your inputs while we wait for Saturday :)

Let me give my intake. :D cuz I'm bored waiting Saturday to come. 

what do you think ST feels for MY? It is definitely a crush but do you see more there? 

A fan to his beloved idol writer. I still don't see it as crush for a man to woman here. He must like her a lot but so far I haven't seen he would love her like a woman. I mean... if he does, it'll be too complicated. I just can't let a triangle love brewing between these three, Moon brothers vs. KMY. Lol

also, is MY always treating ST as a pawn to get what she wants from GT? Is MY capable of loving someone?

I don't think so. She might used him to make KT comes to her. But I guess rather than using him as a pawn she just try to make some choices for both brothers to make things better. MY knows that KT is repressing his feeling and his brother is one of the reason he's hesitated. I see it in a different perspective like what JR's mom said. It's a good choice for ST to be independent and for KT to let him do something, making his own decision. 

So it's like a win win for everyone here. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lolly84 said:

Thanks a lot chingu but i can't copy the preview text in google translate...:( Anyone who could translate?

Yes, it did not allow us to just copy,  So I used  my phone to  capture it.  The best person to refer to in this situation is  @stroppyse :approves:  Thank you in advanced.

Credit to tvN

• Like 5

@lolly84 i ran it through google translate and it says: (with a bit of proofreading by me)

Moon-young had a terrible nightmare of meeting Kang Eun-ja.
Kang Tae suggested going out after an event like that.
Kang Tae sort of guesses that Moonyoung has a hidden story related to her mother.

IDK how accurate my interpretation of google's translation is but you sort of get the gist of it! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Let me give my intake. :D cuz I'm bored waiting Saturday to come. 

A fan to his beloved idol writer. I still don't see it as crush for a man to woman here. He must like her a lot but so far I haven't seen he would love her like a woman. I mean... if he does, it'll be too complicated. I just can't let a triangle love brewing between these three, Moon brothers vs. KMY. Lol

I don't think so. She might used him to make KT comes to her. But I guess rather than using him as a pawn she just try to make some choices for both brothers to make things better. MY knows that KT is repressing his feeling and his brother is one of the reason he's hesitated. I see it in a different perspective like what JR's mom said. It's a good choice for ST to be independent and for KT to let him do something, making his own decision. 

So it's like a win win for everyone here. 

Jumping in too.

I think there is an element of crush in ST's behaviour towards MY on top of the obvious fanboying.

MY can be manipulative, and I think she has absolutely no remorse in using people she has no time for. She seems to have a very strong, black and white way to look at people depending on how they treat her and people with mental health issues (or simply in a position of weakness) 

Pawn is a harsh take, I agree with you on ST. She wades in the ST-KT relationship in a forceful way, sure, but then that's how she does everything when dealing with people, and in ST's case she is nice and polite to him. In fact, there is nobody she treats as nicely as she does ST, not even KT.

Capable of love? Sure. She hasn't had much chance though, has she? Even caring for people doesn't come easy for her and you can she why; you try to take your dad for a walk and he goes for your neck the moment he sees you...

• Like 16

10 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I don't think anyone thinks there is a ghost..

and the only reason people have the theory of mom being alive is because Juri said that when she visited MY in her hotel..

MY was going on and on about dad who is alive but dead, and mom who is dead but alive..and Juri said "but your mom is not dead"

(therefore the guess is that either she is in some vegetative state, or for whatever reason not able to move around much/kept away from MY)

I think MY’s mom is dead. MY found the body in the basement.  Nobody else knows except MY and her dad.  Everyone thought she just disappeared (and that was the story her father told the public).  And when she didn’t make an appearance after a number of years, she was deemed “dead”.  I have a feeling the mom killed GT’s mom (in a fit of rage or jealousy?).  She may have meant to kill GT (like she told MY for daring to bring him to the castle)?  Potentially she mistook ST for GT and his mom intervened to save him?  When MY’s dad found out he either 

- locked her away in the basement to figure out what to do (I prefer this option). And she took her own life.

Or
- killed her and hid her in the basement.

MY found her body.  I think they may then have thrown her body into the lake (hence the flashback where MY sees her mom’s body sinking).  So to MY her mom is dead but still haunts her in her dreams (so she’s “alive” in her subconscious).  Her dad is still living but he’s a shell because of his dementia. MY said she didn’t like flowers which dropped their petals bit by bit (cherry blossoms) but preferred those that dropped their petals all at once (like Magnolias?).  She was alluding to her parents. She would rather they died without lingering.  Her father is dying slowly (bit by bit) due to his condition.  Her mother also still persists in her dreams refusing to “die”. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 2

It’s 3:30am and I am still reading to catch-up on all the great theories drama comments & goodies from everyone. I cannot add much as many of you have posted a lot of thoughtful comments I agree with frankly I don’t think I can bring anything new to the table but this forum is helping me out as I wait with everyone else for the weekend for our next fix of 2 episodes. 

This forum flies so fast, gosh I am so used to slow moving ones. Lol. But reading on past forum posts does take time and I haven’t caught up yet after 3 days away due to work!! Yikes!

Just thoughts 

- Seeing the Klimt Kiss in the Bates Hotel Lobby & funny clerk cameo - I wanted to see one (ahem a kiss). His expressions were priceless watching KT and MY

-JR is lucky to have her mom as we know MY and KT didn’t . When mom realized she supported ST to go to MY, she realized the error of her ways. But who can fault her initial reaction of support? KT has shouldered a lot for ST thanks to his mom’s request and letting him know she had him for ST. She did love them but pressures and stress worrying over an autistic child in a cruel unforgiving world didn’t help matters. Still the scene she berated KT neglecting ST after he got an award for martial arts as result ST was beat up.

- I am me— KT to mom as a kid being upset and wanting to own himself and be responsible for himself but to see again ST recall and say to KT being upset wanting him to cancel his contract with MY. KT distrusted MY and did tell her to ignore and not get close to ST. We knew that wouldn’t happen then no story. 

- I like MY respects ST. She did lure him but she wanted him as an illustrator and you can say she manipulated him, but ST does have legit skills. Also when KT read the contract, the edits ST wrote wanting the camper. MY promising to acknowledge he is a great illustrator. I teared when I heard ST reasoning to get a camper. 

- I did not care for ST exploding and beating up KT ( def not first time) but I am sure KT was surprised that ST was calmed when MY came and defused the situation. ST oppa listened to her. It doesn’t hurt he likes her work and now def has a slight crush as she is pretty. It was funny when she was refusing to wear the dinosaur clothing she saw. But it was this 27,000 won clothing ST was wanting her to wear over KT 9,000 T-shirt. Though he knew quality is not the same as price lol was perceptive of ST.  

-YR also being upset over the shirt as she was with him when they went shopping. Her being upset cause they spoke banmal. I agree that is telling!!! When JR said we are close right since I first slapped but KT didn’t really answer her. But here she heard KT use banmal and show emotions and genuine reactions to MY. 

-YR I caught too the term in Korean I knew was bullied or out cast as well. She had it tough and I don’t really dislike her as second FL. Just a bit annoying and letting her jealousy overpower any thoughts . I cannot blame her MY is gorgeous.

-the tension between our OTP but so agree at the end that when KT hugged and soothed MY doing the opposite of her words but knowing what she wanted was a sight to see. Both have opened their hearts to each other and only to her KT has shared his innermost thoughts when pushed by her. I def agree with others this trio will heal together.

- the breakfast scene and look of emotion from MY and them was satisfying and lovely, though a simple meal it meant so much more and filled a void in her home /heart but Moon brothers are helping her.

- ooooh rar KT not agreeing to back down  with CEO was awesome!!! If only MY was there she would have loved it

ok 4am I really got to sleep thanks for humoring me.

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 10
  • Love 2

HE IS SO ADORABLE.

Definition of a "handsome fool"

:joy::joy:

When he made that Twice - Yes or Yes joke in the beginning LOL WHAT A CATCH

I just love seeing YJ's reaction whenever he makes 'dad jokes' like that!

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/09/even-the-clothes-in-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-have-meanings/

Even the Clothes in ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Have Meanings

by krishkim | images: tvN

The secrets behind the clothes wore by the main characters in tvN drama It’s Okay to Not Be Okay have been revealed.

Recently, the unique styling of the actors, including Seo Ye Ji, Kim Soo Hyun, and Oh Jung Se, is drawing keen attention from viewers.

In response, costume director Cho Sang Kyung, who is in charge of character styling, revealed the main characters’ concepts and hidden intentions.

0F0F6CE3-A5BC-495A-9812-11D05FCB2C27.jpg

She said, “The basic looks were set up in consideration of the situation and the history of the characters so that their appearances alone can make people guess their personalities and history.”

First of all, she explained the clothes of Moon Kang Tae, played by Kim Soo Hyun, saying, “It’s an everyday look that doesn’t stand out as much as possible with a cotton T-shirt and corduroy pants. I visually embodied the character who has lived his entire life for his brother rather than himself.”

AE31CD36-9538-47BD-BFE5-ECA53E5BE17F.jpg

Then director Cho Sang Kyung added that as for Moon Sang Tae, played by Oh Jung Se, she studied a lot to come up with the idea of only using striped pattern clothes. She said, “Looking at the characteristics of those with autism working as artists, I simplified the clothes into similar clothes by using stipped pattern shirts that repeatedly utilize the patterns.”

233B8480-3ED2-4F4B-8562-EC5E04C1668E.jpg

As for the secret to the styling of Go Moon Young, played by Seo Ye Ji, who is receiving much attention for her colorful outfits, she said, “I tried to use the Gothic style that goes well with the fairytale she writes. Every outfit she wears is dazzlingly decorated, but such styles are her self-defensive tool. I also wanted to show the ‘infinitely weak inner self’ of Go Moon Young.”

It’s Okay to Not Be Okay tells the story of a community health worker at a psychiatric ward who doesn’t have time for love and a storybook writer who has never understood love.

Source (1)

• Like 18
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think MY’s mom is dead. MY found the body in the basement.  Nobody else knows except MY and her dad.  Everyone thought she just disappeared (and that was the story her father told the public).

Ok..i missed this that people think she went missing

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think MY’s mom is dead. MY found the body in the basement.  Nobody else knows except MY and her dad.  Everyone thought she just disappeared (and that was the story her father told the public).  And when she didn’t make an appearance after a number of years, she was deemed “dead”.  I have a feeling the mom killed GT’s mom (in a fit of rage or jealousy?).  She may have meant to kill GT (like she told MY for daring to bring him to the castle)?  Potentially she mistook ST for GT and his mom intervened to save him?  When MY’s dad found out he either 

- locked her away in the basement to figure out what to do (I prefer this option). And she took her own life.

Or
- killed her and hid her in the basement.

MY found her body.  I think they may then have thrown her body into the lake (hence the flashback where MY sees her mom’s body sinking).  So to MY her mom is dead but still haunts her in her dreams (so she’s “alive” in her subconscious).  Her dad is still living but he’s a shell because of his dementia. MY said she didn’t like flowers which dropped their petals bit by bit (cherry blossoms) but preferred those that dropped their petals all at once (like Magnolias?).  She was alluding to her parents. She would rather they died without lingering.  Her father is dying slowly (bit by bit) due to his condition.  Her mother also still persists in her dreams refusing to “die”. 

Which episode has mom in the lake? I missed that too..lol

but, yes i have the same theory that MY's mom tried to kill ST or KT's mom

and i don't think dad killed mom..he is a strangler right..she was in a pool of blood like KT's mom.. so i also think MY's mom committed suicide

a b'ful angel but demented (and dad really loved her hence went bonkers)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, blademan said:

HE IS SO ADORABLE.

Definition of a "handsome fool"

:joy::joy:

When he made that Twice - Yes or Yes joke in the beginning LOL WHAT A CATCH

I just love seeing YJ's reaction whenever he makes 'dad jokes' like that!

This is so cute, KSH arguing bubble tea w/o bubble is just a tea and he keeps making bad jokes to SYJ hahaha

and SYJ with her 'just buy another one' .. spend that money babeeeee!

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

11 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

@bebebisous33 so I have a question for you :D

others (i just didnt know who all to tag) please feel free to jump in to give your inputs while we wait for Saturday :)

I don't think that she is treating ST as a pawn because she protected him at her event. She recognized the injustice. In my opinion, she is very sensitive, when it comes to stigmatization. She has been labelled all her life which doesn't mean that she doesn't care. Quite the opposite... Her mother seems to have treated her like a doll (brushing her hair, describing her as her best creation), in other words like an object with no feeling at all. She did resent her situation but with no one acting like a role model how could she express her anger and her pain? She is neither a doll nor an empty can because she shows feelings.

So her intervention underlines a certain sense of justice. She knew how people would perceive ST's behavior and show disdain towards him. She has a good perception of the dynamic between the two brothers too. As for ST, I sense that he likes MY very much because he can understand her through the fairy tales. He is able to understand her sensitivity through her stories despite the dark colors and titles. The brother might not be able to understand certain things but he is much more intelligent than he looks like.     

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Ok..i missed this that people think she went missing

Which episode has mom in the lake? I missed that too..lol

but, yes i have the same theory that MY's mom tried to kill ST or KT's mom

and i don't think dad killed mom..he is a strangler right..she was in a pool of blood like KT's mom.. so i also think MY's mom committed suicide

a b'ful angel but demented (and dad really loved her hence went bonkers)

Her character description says she disappeared after writing her final book.  And like you said, JuRi assumed MY’s mom was still alive so that fits the narrative that nobody knows she died because there was no body (except her father and her).

It’s all in bits and pieces.  I vaguely remember there was a scene where MY dreamt that her mom was in water and calling her to “save me”?  Or at least I thought it looked like her mom (it looked like a woman).  I think it was on the first night she slept in the castle.  And then she visualised GT hugging her.

Yeah I think having the father be “BlueBeard” the killer would make it too hard to resolve when the truth comes out.  So suicide would be an “easier” plotline.  The portrait in the basement (Ep6)  had her father and her standing close to each other,  he looked like he had his hand on her shoulder?  So for all intensive purposes they looked to have had a cordial enough relationship.  He strangled MY at the hospital because she looked like her mom (sleazy book reviewer said they looked alike) and in his impaired mental state, he mistook MY for his wife.  That’s why he asked her why she was still alive before trying to strangle her.

• Like 10

[READ] Sleep Paralysis: Presence of the Night Demons? (by Angel Veronica Acob)

tvN drama It's Okay to Not Be Okay is gaining popularity around the world not just because of the good acting skills of its male and female lead actors Kim Soo Hyun (Moon Kang Tae) and Seo Ye Ji (Ko Moon Young) but also because it talks about and raises awareness on different mental illnesses as well as sleeping disorders. In episode 3 of IOTNBO, they highlight Ko Moon Young's sleep paralysis. Over the centuries sleep paralysis has been described in so many ways and has been linked with "evil" presence and abduction of spirit. Many people consider it as a mysterious sleeping event but what does science say about sleep paralysis?

What is Sleep Paralysis?
According to Medical News Today, sleep paralysis is a sleeping disorder where the individual's senses and awareness are intact but they are unable to move, and feel pressure on their bodies, or as if they are choking. Sleep paralysis is often accompanied by hallucinations where those who experience it often see shadowy figures and feeling of terror just as we see it happen to Ko Moon Young in episode 3.

Sleep Paralysis consistently fall into 3 categories:
1. Intruder: The person may hear sounds of a doorknob opening or heavy and shuffling footsteps. He/she may also may feel a shadow man across the room, or a sense of a threatening presence inside the room.

2. Incubus: The person feels pressure on the chest as if someone is sitting on your top. There is difficulty of breathing as if you are being strangled in the neck. Usually a person who experience this feels like he or she is about to die.

3. Vestibular-motor: The feeling or sense of floating, flying, spinning as if you are going out on your own body.
When does Sleep Paralysis occur?
Sleep paralysis may occur at one of two times. While you are falling asleep and while you are waking up. If it occurs while you are falling asleep it is called hypnagogic or predormital sleep paralysis. If it happens as you are waking up, it's called hypnopompic or postdormital sleep paralysis.

What are the causes of Sleep Paralysis?
4 out of 10 people may experience or have sleeping paralysis. It usually happens during adolescent stage. However, men and women at any age can still experience it. There are factors why a person experiences sleep paralysis and these include:

• Lack of sleep
• Changing sleep schedules
• Mental conditions such as stress and bipolar
• Sleeping on the back
• Other sleep disorders such as narcolepsy or night time leg cramps
• Substance abuse
• It may be in the family line
• It can be connected for more serious mental health issues such as anxiety, depression etc.

How do we treat Sleep Paralysis?
Though sleep paralysis can be scary, according to professionals it is not that physically nor life threatening but it can still cause trauma and anxiety. Preventive measures and treatments are advisable in order to avoid and stop experiencing sleep paralysis. These treatments may include the following:
• Improving sleep habits -- such as making sure you get six to eight hours of sleep each night
• Using antidepressant medication if it is prescribed to help regulate sleep cycles
• Treating any mental health problems that may contribute to sleep paralysis
• Treating any other sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy or leg cramps

What should I do with sleep paralysis?
Sleep Paralysis is not connected to any night time demons or any evil things. Hallucinations are just part of mind creations. So, what you need to do is to make sure that you get enough sleep, relieve or avoid stress, and have a healthier lifestyle.
Has anyone else experienced sleep paralysis as well?

References:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/295039#causes
https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleep-paralysis
Pictures taken from: 
Vice.com 
@ Gia Allana

107511496_1321235138208532_7118194603396

107607314_1321235248208521_5053648685050

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5

TOP 10 Shows South Korea [July 8]