[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

OSEN | 2020. 07. 07. | EXCLUSIVE
Heart-fluttering scenes of "visual combination" Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji in "It's Okay to Not Be Okay"

A8B566DD-B3C2-4074-B8C3-5AA4AF79DDF5.jpg

"The top-notch visuals helped the couple make it all!"

The Sat-Sun drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (tvN cable channel, scriptwriter: Jo Yong, director: Park Shin Woo) is showing the smooth visual interaction between the two main characters Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji. Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji, who caught attention as a prominent visual couple right from the moment of casting, have been ceaselessly bringing out heart-fluttering moments through each episode and capturing interest with flawless visuals.

Let's take a look at "heart-melting moments" of the couple Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji who have already pulled off romantic sensations with their flawless visuals.

B3DF9E58-DCBD-4A61-9FF9-6CDB118BD71F.jpg

# Kim Soo Hyun's confession at the publisher
The first meeting between Moon Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun), a care worker of the psychiatric ward, and Go Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji), a comic book writer with anti-social personality, did not go very well. Moon Kang Tae was not only injured because of Go Moon Young but was also fired from the hospital. After this unexpected meeting, Go Moon Young began to show an interest in Moon Kang Tae. Meanwhile, because of his brother, Moon Kang Tae visited her publishing company. The scene of the two reuniting at the publisher, the moment that heralds the beginning of an official romance between them, was completed with Moon Kang Tae's confession saying that he liked a girl whose eyes resemble those of Go Moon Young.

C95CEF1C-4507-4393-BAAD-B758298917FD.jpg

# Butterfly-hugging therapy
Because of his older brother Moon Sang Tae (played by Oh Jung Se), Moon Kang Tae went to the signing event of Go Moon Young's new book publication. There was a disturbance. Go Moon Young sided with Moon Sang Tae and had a conflict with a family who attended the event. While waiting for Moon Sang Tae to recover from the panic, Moon Kang Tae caught sight of a critic who mocked and provoked Go Moon Young.

Later, unable to control his anger, Go Moon Young went to find the critic and made this person fall down the stairs. Seeing that image, Moon Kang Tae taught her a butterfly-hugging therapy to control her emotions. After having a nightmare at the house in the countryside, Go Moon Young was soothed by the therapy taught by Moon Kang Tae, thereby creating an emotional atmosphere.

Spoiler

4F4CCB41-B353-41B3-883D-5FD1DEEF9681.jpg

# Heart-rending reunion in rain
Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young both soothed each other's trauma. Go Moon Young accepted to teach literature to patients at Stable Hospital to meet Moon Kang Tae. However, Moon Kang Tae tried to avoid her. But after that, Moon Kang Tae, a man who could not express his inner pain to anyone and was not comforted or consoled, had the opportunity to see through his heart when he read Go Moon Young's book and found comfort.

In the meantime, Moon Kang Tae knew Go Moon Young had a terrible encounter with her father, Go Dae Hwan (played by Lee Eol). After learning that Go Dae Hwan strangled Go Moon Young when seeing her at the hospital, he immediately rushed to find her. Reuniting in the pouring rain, the two stared at each other and then hugged. They warmly consoled each other even for a moment.

Spoiler

6ECDD96B-31D0-48AA-BB24-0BFFD3F24FF9.jpg

# Heart-fluttering affectionate comforting behavior
After accidentally meeting a patient at the hospital, Go Moon Young was fallen into panic. It was because this female patient with psychotic depression kept following Go Moon Young and acted like she was her mother. Go Moon Young, who carried within herself a pain for her mother, eventually burst with anger. When returning home, she was tortured by a nightmare. Moon Kang Tae, who worried for Go Moon Young, headed to her room. He hugged Go Moon Young who was suffering from the nightmare and comforted her. Although she told Moon Kang Tae to run away, her hands grabbed his hem. Seeing that, Moon Kang Tae didn't leave but embraced her.

OSEN = Reporter Seon Mi Kyung /seon@osen.co.kr
Photo = Provided by tvN 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

—————

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/08/choi-daniel-to-make-guest-appearance-on-its-okay-to-not-be-okay/

Choi Daniel to Make Guest Appearance on ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’

by krishkim

Spoiler

31A2D3E1-1F90-4CEE-BBBA-7685A9481657.jpg

Credit: MHN, news1

Actor Choi Daniel will appear on the small screen for the first time in a long time through tvN’s It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

According to Daily Sports, Choi Daniel will make a special appearance in tvN’s It’s Okay to Not Be Okay and has already finished filming his parts.

Choi Daniel has already worked with It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’s writer Cho Yong in his previous drama, Jugglers. Back in 2017, Choi Daniel starred in Jugglers, which was also the debut work of writer Cho Yong, and that relationship led to a special appearance.

In It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, Choi Daniel will play a character from the hospital, who conflicts with Kim Soo Hyun.

Meanwhile, Choi Daniel began his acting career with drama The World That They Live In in 2008 and rose to fame through his role of Lee Ji Hoon in drama High Kick Through the Roof!.

Source (1)

———

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/08/lee-hong-ki-kim-soo-hyun-show-off-their-lovely-friendship/

Lee Hong Ki & Kim Soo Hyun Show Off Their Lovely Friendship

by krishkim 

Spoiler

B324F908-8EA6-4E09-97EC-AD9015A1156B.jpg

Credit: Kim Soo Hyun Instagram

FT Island’s Lee Hong Ki sent special support to Kim Soo Hyun even while serving in the military.

On July 7, Kim Soo Hyun posted several photos on his Instagram with hashtags, “#2 Months Corporal,” “#Monthly Pay,” “#Thank You,” “#Lee Hong Ki,” and “#Take Good Care of Him.”

In the released photos, Kim Soo Hyun is posing in front of a food truck sent by Lee Hong Ki. On the food truck, the placards that read, “2 months since becoming Corporal, used all of Lee Hong Ki’s monthly pay. Cheer up, hyung,” “Soldier Lee Hong Ki is cheering for lovely Kim Soo Hyun and drama ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,’” and “CorporalLee Hong Ki is treating you! Please take good care of my Soo Hyun hyung.“

Lee Hong Ki previously joined the army in September last year. Fans are loving the way he sent his supports even while serving in the army.

Meanwhile, Kim Soo Hyun is currently starring in tvN drama It’s Okay to Not Be Okay and present heart-fluttering romance with Seo Ye Ji.

Source (1)

——

K-dramas walk a fine line with controversial scenes
http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200707000831

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jaslinnj said:

How could I forget such an important detail? Ep 3 was filled with ghostly clues..

1) woman in the backseat of the car

2) woman at the window

3) extreme cold in the bedroom when MY is sleeping and the creepy "Welcome" written on a SNOW covered window when it is clearly summer

4) the opening and closing of the door in the basement 

It clearly points to a ghost in the house and very likely that it is MY's mother. The Shaman also said that MY has all the signs that she is going to be possessed by a ghost soon... is that a warning for us ???? 

I really really hope that it is a ghost and that they do not take in the direction where MY is hallucinating all of this and she has some split personality .... even though it would add a depth to the story, i don't think I want to see that. 

I have the opposite view, a ghost would be an oh so cheap get away card! This is a drama about people fighting against their demons, demons that do not exist outside their minds but impact their lives to the point of being real for them, which is why we were shown how KGD or ST see the world in a couple of scenes. The woman in MY's car and at the window are just ways of showing how she feels when she is isolated and in bad mood. It should be about illness and how much it is exacerbated or indeed the product of how others treated MY,  KT, JR, KGD... A ghost? Oh please no!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

so we don't get ep 6 bts today?i hope they didn't replace it with the naver new bts :( i hope they release the bts tomorrow..

and for the high school filming shoot..wow, did SYJ really cut her hair?or it just a wig?

if she really cut her hair.. i think her character is toned down in the part 2 with short hair, her longer hair suits her strong character

and i guess that scene is like extra scene we got.. look at ST as a normal company worker too.. maybe like they imagine how if they lived a normal life..

2sKMFSh.jpg

cr. to owner

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

Re the “ghosts” on the show - I don’t think they are real but are symbols for the internal fears and issues that can ‘haunt’ a person.

Having said that, I do like the supernatural touches for the show as it is - minimal. It’s not a supernatural show etc. Also as a fan, I don’t want the show to encourage the stereotype that people who believe in ghosts are having mental issues.

• Like 14
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

https://k-communities.com/2020/07/08/ah-crazy-crazy-kim-soohyun-and-seo-yeji-wearing-xx-in-psycho-but-its-okay/

Ah crazy crazy, Kim Soohyun and Seo Yeji wearing XX in Psycho but It’s Okay

July 8, 2020

Spoiler

5BE3445F-1786-4A38-B911-D2E9A5CF9753.jpg

6B812DDB-570E-4276-9601-7A70B998B00A.jpg

School uniforms aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Original post: Instiz

1.Heol! Both of them look good in itㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2.What’s this about? Why a school uniform??? When is Saturday gonna come??

3.Heol! My heart’s beating so fast

4.Ah daebak!

5.Heol! Why does it looks so good on them

6.Heol! What’s up with that short hair?

7.No but why are they wearing school uniforms?? Heol!!!

8.Heol! What’s thisㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I can’t wait to see thatㅠㅠ

9.Is Kim Soohyun wearing a school uniform with this face?

A1DDD0A6-8944-417C-B5AF-223509B03C36.jpg

10.Can Saturday come faster?

11.On top of that, her short hair?? Aah

12.Heol! What’s the difference between this and Song Sam dong? He totally looks like him ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

13.What? What is this about? Why are they wearing school uniforms?Why is my heart beating so fast? Is it okay for me to cry? Are those past memories? What’s that? This is driving me crazy!!

14.Was Seo Yeji’s hair short in the past? If it wasn’t, then did she cut her hair now? I’m so excited to know when was this? Woah! I can’t believe it’s still Wednesday…

15.Crazy!! And Seo Yeji has short hair!! You two come here! What do you mean school uniform!!! When is Saturday coming?? When are you going to show us that?? ㅠㅜ

16.I want this scene this weekendㅠ ㅠ I love their school uniforms!

17.Daebak…. Why do I feel like this didn’t happen during high-school and it’s just her imagination?!?!?

18.When is this scene coming out?…….. Please tell me it’s coming out this week!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, __jesse said:

Hi everyone! There are a million things I want to write about, but first, I’d like to talk about the drama title. The Korean name is literally “Psycho but It’s Okay”. It was probably chosen for its dramatic impact, but I very much prefer the English name “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”. Because while most of us don’t qualify as a psychopath, all of us have been, at one point or another, not okay.

IOTNBO came from OK Psychiatry’s Hospital Motto:

Hospital Motto 院訓

Are you in pain? I’m in pain too. 아프냐? 나도 아프다

Feel like dying? I feel like dying even more. 죽고 싶냐? 난더 죽고 싶다

It’s okay to not be okay! 안 괜찮아도 괜찮아!

OK Hospital 괜찮은 병원

I think what this drama is really trying to say is this: we may look and behave differently, but deep inside, we are all the same.

The Zombie Kid, too, is a story about all of us. We were all once the Zombie Kid, at least when we were babies. All babies are the same – they cry when they are hungry, like little monsters that only want to eat.

And for these little monsters, human touch is especially vital for their physical, emotional, behavioural and social development. Babies who lack human touch can stop growing, and even die. This, again, raises the question of whether KMY’s ASPD was a result of nature or nurture.

“In Romania, where national policies on childbearing led to a skyrocketing birth rate, thousands of unwanted children were raised in crowded orphanages with little to no physical human contact. Harvard researchers Mary Carlson and Felton Earls, who traveled to Romania to examine the effects of this type of environment, later described “the muteness, blank facial expressions, social withdrawal, and bizarre stereotypic movements” they observed.”

Read more: https://www.thecut.com/2018/06/the-lasting-damage-of-depriving-a-child-of-human-touch.html

I die a little inside every time I see someone labelling some characters as “normal”. IMO it’s no different from the mother who called ST a lunatic.

“Normal” is a concept that is highly dependent on societal standards and expectations. 200 years ago, slavery was normal. Even from a psychiatry POV, what’s considered normal is constantly evolving. Homosexuality was once considered a mental illness.

According to a statistic quoted in IOTNBO’s Namuwiki page, 80% of South Koreans suffer from mental illness. Now then, wouldn’t it be more “normal” to be mentally ill?

Regarding KMY’s mother, I’m more inclined to thinking she’s still alive, because of this figurine which KMY stole from the director’s office. This figurine is called Cheoyong, a character in a folktale from the Silla dynasty, who is believed to dispel evil spirits and invite auspicious energies.

KMY took this figurine not because it’s pretty, but because she wanted to dispel her mother’s evil spirit. She knew she would experience sleep paralysis when staying in the cursed castle. But even with Cheoyong’s protection, she was still haunted by her mother’s ghost. This suggests that her mother’s ghost isn’t real, but a figment of her traumatic past.

In the same episode, the show also blurred the line between reality and hallucination. In Kwon Gido’s eyes, he saw the hospital director dressed as the club manager, and the line was said in the hospital director’s voice. However, in the epilogue, the hospital director didn’t say a word, and Gido heard another voice reading the line.

How do we distinguish reality from illusions? Psychosis is defined by a loss of contact with reality. People with psychoses do not realise that their experiences are products of their minds, and are not real. To them, their hallucinations and delusions are their reality.

Wow, thank you for such an interesting post. It makes me question whether what's considered normal really "normal" or it's just a label we put on things base on the majority's pov. Thanks again for a refreshing and insightful post.

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

18 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

I keep wondering if she hasnt been back to the cursed castle in 20 years then when did her mom pass away and when was the father hospitalised. How was she brought up? She obviously did not stay in the small town for much longer than GT as her mom passed away when she was young?

@bebebisous33 i do not know who you were answering to but head nurse met MY when MY was interviewed and asked to give classes by the director. I dont think head nurse is the mum.

The thing about plastic surgery was intriguing. 

Still catching up with the posts but at times i am enjoying the show so much that I just want to go where it wants to take me :)

I hope they continue creating the magic that keeps us entertained :)

I know that MY met the head nurse. I was replying to someone who was thinking that she might be MY's mother.

• Like 1

As someone mentioned, the Osts in this drama are beautifully mesmerizing! And..this Ost has yet to be released, right?

This ost was played before ‘My Tale’ but I couldn’t find it anywhere yet. 

—— 

btw, do we have a name to call ourselves yet on this thread? Shall we call ourselves Psychos? :D

• Like 6
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, blademan said:

Random thought in the middle of the night:

I think I will physically collapse when they kiss for the first time. I mean like PROPER kiss. And we know KSH and SYJ can!

:heart2beat:

Same thought here chingu!! I'll have heart attack when they'll kiss:popcornjackson:... Someone has speculated on ep 8 about the first kiss! And it's TVN after all so we can hope and bet on hot kiss!!:sparklyeyes:

Edit: SHE WILL EAT HIM FOR SURE :hypehype:

Edited by lolly84
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

@lolly84 @blademan and to add to what you guys posted..when we do get the first kiss we been waiting for, PD-nim better not be giving us editing problems (zoom too close that we see nothing, zoom too far that we only see two heads moving, spinning the kiss so it feels like we are getting dizzy..) because if this happens, this will be me:

tenor.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 13