[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Non related to the drama:  I would like to request since we have to adjust with the theme of "Evolution Mode" at the moment to please check your previous posts (at least 5 pages backwards) since some of the postings can't be read at all.  Most probably this is because of the font colour that we have chosen.  I myself is trying hard to adapt to the new change :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

omo!! How do we change it to the evolution one? I like this theme when I am using it in the dark but during day time, it’s quite hard to get use to lol.

You can go at the bottom of this page and find the theme panel there. But it's a bit laggy so I returned back to DM mode. 

We know MY’s mother was found in the basement (but question is: is she dead or comatose somewhere?) I actually believe she is dead but a part of me tells me she is comatose somewhere.

I'm not sure either whether she's dead or still alive. And she did say her mom is dead. But you see how she reacted when the lady patient mistakenly thinks her as her late daughter? I feel like she expects that her mom is coming back at her. Her mother's death also seems mysteriously. Well, for now let's all agree for the current fact that everybody's know that her mom already died. 

It could be that the mom was also at her end’s wit. But still..it doesn’t mean she should tell one child that she bore him for the sole reason of taking care of the other. Like, whoa..that’s wrong on many levels.

Yes, totally agree on this point. This makes him even feel so less love than his brother. Thinking that his existence is only to support him. 

This is something KT and MY lacks. So I hope JR doesn’t take it for granted.

Such an irony huh. Zombie Kids need love and warm of their beloved ones not just keep stuffing their mouth. 

haha have you heard of this before: “even the bare eyes can miss details that requires xray vision..” hahaha! Better to be on the xray lookout :P

I just heard it here, now. LOL.

haha nope, u don’t bore me at all. Notre Dame is a story I am not familiar with however I do know a little. He is a hunchback who longs to be with people but must hide due to his appearance. He is afraid people will judge him and deemed him “ugly”. I just found it interesting that this character shows alongside BlueBeard. Oh yes, when I saw those heads, I jumped. Then the blooper made me laugh because the heads moved and laughed too LOL! Disney also did a Notre Dame version movie.

Glad you don't. Haha. 

Ah.. I see. ST answers are reffered from the hunchback and notre dame. I love the quote there "He'll eventually find his true love who isn't afraid of his bluebeard and tells him that is okay to be different. Someone who understand him for who he is." This is what the drama entitled to. And She said this while thinking of MY. I like how they filmed this scenes as it fits not just for the father's story as the bluebeard but also MY herself to KT here. I can say it's quite parallel. 

this is what I found interesting too. The crossover. That’s why I am hoping it has nothing to do with the story and is just an addition to the BB arc. 

I believed it's not overshadowing intended. But it's more like they used it to point out some moral lesson regarding to the show title. And yes. It's interesting that this drama is so enriched with all these great literatures and somehow matched well with the storyline. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

From Twitter

Some insightful

About the head nurse. What he said brought many things to light. We weren’t shown the mother’s face at all. Here are some instances where it could be possible that she could be MY’s mom.

As someone pointed earlier, we saw a person peeking from the window and watching MY from afar. And she had her black hair tied in a bun much like the nurses of the hospital. And all the nurses with tied up hair has brownish hair except for the head nurse. 

1. When the director spoke with MY’s dad, he didn’t answer. But when the head nurse came around he started to say that “she’s beautiful”. Even if not shown directly, seeing the nurse triggered his memory and he spoke.

2. In that choking scene, if a nurse was with the patient it won’t be much of a problem. So maybe MY’s dad saw the nurse as a ghost.

3. When MY’s dad tried to choke MY, the head nurse was with them. Once again maybe a trigger.

4. When Juri was pissed that MY won’t come to get the signature, the head nurse pressed to go and get her signature.

5. The issue on plastic surgery was touched. Could be a hint.

6. The actress playing the head nurse is a famous actress. Just to play a head nurse you don’t put famous actresses. I have yet to see her in a villainous role. Maybe this could be the start.

We weren’t shown a direct match at the head nurse being the mom but there’s a 50% possibility because of the above. I could be wrong and reading more into the situation. Maybe she’s just a head nurse bringing out rough comedy and much needed ground to the show.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 5

Aww I feel a bit sad that SYJ is feeling pressured and that people tend to overdo it on the comments about physical appearance and clothes (not so much here but elsewhere). All of it does have consequences to her in real life even if it’s unintentional. As an actress I can understand that she wants her performance acknowledge. 

I will say that I am a fan of hers because of her acting first (since Save Me) and she is doing a fantastic job as KMY. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Also a subject everyone touches: the way Juri said that if she wasn’t her mom she would staple her lips, that was a very aggressive comment. Someone with real anger management deficiency would say. When i first saw that moment I was so scared at the possibilities and the fact that she would actually do that.

Juri obviously has anger management issues. The way she reacts aggressively to everything related to MY shows that she’s hiding some deep seated issues. The fact that even mom is scared of her is-

OH MY GOD 

I JUST REALIZED THAT JURI’S MOM COULD BE MY’S MOM TOO. Except she’s not neurotic like her daughter. Maybe once again plastic surgery happened. And brain lobotomy... this is getting weird.

What if Juri’s mom IS MY’s mom; then that would mean that they will be sisters. Imagine living with a psychotic sister, but maybe Juri can be nice? 

• Like 2

@bebebisous33 Your Insightful Posts are Love, but they are not visible Propely in Soompi Nightmode Theme. :cries3:  I had to either change back or highlight the words with cursor to read it.

Spoiler

@heartoppaya 

6. The actress playing the head nurse is a famous actress. Just to play a head nurse you don’t put famous actresses. I have yet to see her in a villainous role. Maybe this could be the start.

We weren’t shown a direct match at the head nurse being the mom but there’s a 50% possibility because of the above. I could be wrong and reading more into the situation. Maybe she’s just a head nurse bringing out rough comedy and much needed ground to the show.

My Memory does not serve me right but did Head Nurse and MY ever Interact?, 

1. MY's dad and MY have interacted twice now, excluding the flashback wherein he is strangling her. Once she passed by so DAD did not have enough time to strangle MY, second time he did. We do not know precisely if Head Nurse caused the trigger.

2. If Head Nurse is possibly MY' mom then MY due to trauma has forgotten her face --->>This is possible since she actually thought the Rich lady wearing fur was her Mother.

Interesting and Out of BOX Take, since this show has elements of mystery this theory sounds great.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

I JUST REALIZED THAT JURI’S MOM COULD BE MY’S MOM TOO. Except she’s not neurotic like her daughter. Maybe once again plastic surgery happened. And brain lobotomy... this is getting weird.

What if Juri’s mom IS MY’s mom; then that would mean that they will be sisters. Imagine living with a psychotic sister, but maybe Juri can be nice? 

I think this is quite extreme.... :ph34r: since both of them (the mothers) exist at the same time when they (MY and JR) were both young.

p.s I'm not so sure whether I'm replying to your post or someone else's post...

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, madmad min said:

@bebebisous33 Your Insightful Posts are Love, but they are not visible Propely in Soompi Nightmode Theme. :cries3:  I had to either change back or highlight the words with cursor to read it.

Reveal hidden contents

1. MY's dad and MY have interacted twice now, excluding the flashback wherein he is strangling her. Once she passed by so DAD did not have enough time to strangle MY, second time he did. We do not know precisely if Head Nurse caused the trigger.

2. If Head Nurse is possibly MY' mom then MY due to trauma has forgotten her face --->>This is possible since she actually thought the Rich lady wearing fur was her Mother.

Interesting and Out of BOX Take, since this show has elements of mystery this theory sounds great.

I thought that I had changed the color but it seems that I had overlooked the older ones. 

The nurse was present, when MY was strangled the second time. So the person who observed her from afar was someone else.

I agree with @YongZura⁷ that Yuri's mother can't be MY's mother because she remembers the face of Juri's mother.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

17 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Hide contents

@heartoppaya 

Well it could also be because she had plastic surgery. We weren’t shown as such but the issue on plastic surgery was touched in the latest episode.

• Like 1

@madmad min @YongZura⁷ @vangsweetie637 I have the feeling that maybe MY's mother could have had a sister. We know nothing about her family. Striking is that the face of the mother has never been properly revealed. So we have two possibilities: MY could have been harassed by someone else... like f. ex. the twin sister. I know that it sounds crazy but her mother was never properly introduced. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@madmad min @YongZura⁷ @vangsweetie637 I have the feeling that maybe MY's mother could have had a sister. We know nothing about her family. Striking is that the face of the mother has never been properly revealed. So we have two possibilities: MY could have been harassed by someone else... like f. ex. the twin sister. I know that it sounds crazy but her mother was never properly introduced. 

Well another "funny" thing is there's probability we'll never see the face at all ..... Even the website of the drama has the pictures and description of the characters except MY's mother (only description but no picture) :glasses:

One question I keep wanting to ask but forget - Though MY was not encouraged to have friends why did her parents send her to school? Why not just homeschooling?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

So I finally got to watch ep 6, I'll stick by my opinion that the first half of ep5 is still the best. Hard to beat that last scene from ep6 though.

I have to say, awesome visuals notwithstanding, it is still the story and the dialogue that makes this drama great and that's simply fantastic; all the little details with hardly any unnecesary bits. Other dramas that shall not be named end up being all about style and no substance.

This drama has sooooo many layers, it is very interesting how a lot of the comments and accusations that the characters make can be applied to others and sometimes are more often than not thrown right back at them. When MY said to tha lady who lost her daughter that she needed to wake up from her dream, that is something that she is probably telling to herself as well and I think she is, actually, on two levels.

1) She needs to wake up from her own dreams (nightmares) by getting rid of the hold her mom still has on her. I don't think mum is alive and kicking btw, she is either dead or in a vegetative state, but she is very much alive in her mind. It is sometimes easy to forget that many of the things we see can be just projections of what the characters think they see (lighter versions of the KGD partying and ST going to the book signing scenes)

2) She said that "wake up from your dream" right after watching KT and ST having lunch with JR&mom, so it could also apply to her needing to wake up and realise she is still isolated and an outsider looking in. In fact she leaves the Hospital and won't leave her room afterwards, leading to the final scene.

Talking about that last scene and the nightmares in general, we do not get to see if she had any when ST stayed the first night, but we definately know she slept great when KT came over to stay the following night. And the nightmares came back in full force when she felt alone again.

Regarding the Bluebeard story, I don't think it is either MY's dad or mom but rather MY and KT themselves (and ST) as people that need to find someone who is willing to accept them for what they are, including the skeletons in their closets (KT says as much, and I think he's talking about MY really)

I think MY's dad didn't really get to know his daughter. I can see him being left out very early of his relationship with not only her wife but also, because she was controlling and absorbing MY, her daughter too. And he tries to kill her (twice) because he sees her as an extension of her wife and what she could become.

Lastly, I do not need nor want JR to become some second lead evil RickRoll'D, and I don't think that's where we are going at all. Leaving genetics aside, JR is what MY could have been if she'd had a nice mom in the same way that MY is what JR could have become growing up isolated and completely controlled by her mom. Interesting that all three dads (MY, JR and KT&ST's) are in one way or another absent. The point is both JR and MY are or can be manipulative and deceptive, self-centered, they both have tantrums and can be aggresive and even violent and it is just a matter of degrees and perception. JR ended up in a nurse gown, MY has probably just about elluded an hospital gown and staying as a patient in OK Hospital because of her social status and manager Lee.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 7

7 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:
17 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well another "funny" thing is there's probability we'll never see the face at all ..... Even the website of the drama has the pictures and description of the characters except MY's mother (only description but no picture) :glasses:

One question I keep wanting to ask but forget - Though MY was not encouraged to have friends why did her parents send her to school? Why not just homeschooling?

Omo That is why we are on Episode 6 as of Now. MY has to heal a bit to remember or talk about her Mother.

Was the Mother Suffering from Issues?---->>Detective Story Writer needs a Freaky CASTLE to Stay In between Ghastly Serene Forest????

The Father was the Implied Bluebeard? Or a Victim of the Bluebeard???

We know pretty less about MY at this point I think because MY has suppressed her memories , she couldn't really remember what her mother looked like? Or actually Dead??? --->>Agreed the Rich Fur Lady did mention Plastic Surgery but For MY to just listen to it hypnotically she has some suppressed or confused memory what I think.

Regarding Homeschooling leads to another set of question, Her father strangled her at a very young age, Did MY grow up in a Foster Care System? Some say her mom is dead, some say she vanished, some say she is Alive????Was she handed over to any relative????

The Hospital staff is not aware of the accident about strangling, did her Father brought MY up after that?

Chanting We still have episode 10 Left. Had this show not been on-air , this is One definite Binge-Watch!!!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Question: In the awesome Bluebeard skit at the end of episode 6 who was the actress second from the left? Is it the other nurse maybe?

I recognise left to right: 

Publishing assistant

???

Ju Ri

Ju Ri's Mum

Moon Young

I really appreciate the effort the production team put into these extra little easter eggs at the end of the episodes. The silent movie BlueBeard (+blooper reel) in episode 6 was inspired.

• Like 7

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I usually spend my time in soompi forums reading about my favorite dramas ( a way to withstand the long wait for the next episode). I’m emotionally invested in this drama to the point that I refresh the page every couple of hours to read your comments, your analysis and your feelings.  While I was searching, I have found that in AsianWiki under the  additional cast the name of  Do Hee Jae ( Moon Young’s mother) under that was mentioned the names if actress Woo Jung Won. I don’t know how to post the actress picture but I guess they have the same smile. What do you think? 

Woo_Jung_Won.jpg

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Edited by princess luxis
I'm inserting the pictures :)
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 5

i don't think the head nurse is MY's mother as someone speculated. her mother probably wasn't mentally stable considering the amount of trauma and pain she has caused to MY. so, her being a caregiver, let alone a head nurse of a psychiatric clinic is out of the question. but also MY's memory of her mother might not be entirely true so anything can happen at this point. if anyone, i suspect the lady with floral cardigan. well, this is just my opinion and it can be false as well. :)

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

8 Must-Watch K-Dramas Of 2020 So Far

2020 has been a pretty difficult year—and we’re only halfway done—but K-dramas serve as a momentary escape that helps us heal and de-stress a bit. And although 2020 hasn’t been the greatest of times, in the world of K-dramas, it’s been pretty darn good. Here’s are eight K-dramas from this year that are definite must-watches!

1. “Crash Landing on You”

2. “Itaewon Class”

3. “Hospital Playlist”

4. “Dr. Romantic Kim 2”

5. “The World of the Married”

6. “My Unfamiliar Family”

7. “Stove League”

8. “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”

8. “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”

Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) works as a caregiver in a psychiatric hospital. He meets a woman named Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji) who writes dark children’s books, and she takes a strong liking to him. She is determined to win Kang Tae’s heart, but Kang Tae can’t be bothered with romance and relationships because he is devoted to taking care of his older brother Moon Sang Tae (Oh Jung Se) who is autistic.

It hasn’t been too long since this series has started, but it’s already creating quite the buzz. Aside from the fact that it’s Kim Soo Hyun’s comeback K-drama since he was discharged from the military, the storyline is fascinatingly brilliant. It’s got an ethereal, dark tone, and the acting by the main cast is to be applauded. Park Shin Woo, who also directed “Encounter” and “Don’t Dare to Dream,” also needs to be spotlighted as his artistic production of this series has been so impressive. There’s definitely so much more to look forward to in this series!

Full article

https://www.soompi.com/article/1405049wpp/8-must-watch-k-dramas-of-2020-so-far

IMG_6834.JPG?type=w800

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Just a speculation of mine, it couldn't be a coincidence right: 

ST hates Butterflies because it reminds him of the his mum's murderer.

MY hates butterflies too that leads probably to the same person... the murderer. Hence she was tearing apart the butterflies because someone's memories were hurting her. 

If she was a psychopath, she would have no problems hurting others but she doesn't.  

Well of course not all psychopaths will turn up as murderers anyway. Some survive well like normal people with good family support.  

Others that are still questions to me: 

1) We never knew if the murderer got caught after KT &ST ran away to another city.

2) There was a picture of MY's mum and dad in ep 1.That women in the OK Psychiatric Hospital claiming to be her mum, doesn't look like the woman in the picture. 

3) MY's mum was a crime novel writer, and maybe some of the stories were based on true stories which we may be able to find some relevance and evidence through her stories. She maybe the killer or either had split personality as a writer and killer, or she maybe a person who was forced and locked up to write stories if not she be murdered as well. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1