Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Current Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

I'm totally satisfied with Ep 5. Apart from exploding chemistry between the two main actors, I must say kudos to the actors who play Jae Su and Chae Jung (not sure if I recall her name correctly, but she's the director's assistant), the two scenes made me lmao are when Jae Su came to asked KT for dinner and when the assistant slapped her boss :Megalol:

So excited for tomorrow ep, it seems like KT will move in with her to the cursed catsle

• Like 12
  • Love 2

My heart ached for MY when KT took her hand and placed his to her cheek to offer her warmth. And its even more significant when it was revealed that he knew all along who she was. It felt like a mini apology for being a coward and running away when he was a kid.

• Like 14
  • Sad 2

Why I feel that KT jealous from ST-MY relationship that’s why he didn’t want MY to get close from his brother 

it’s like he has fear deep inside his heart that his brother may take MY love’s from him like he take there mother love 

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 5

I'll never get tired of repeating how extraordinary this drama is.

But this time, as a person who is into acting, I would like to praise both KSH's & SYJ's acting skills. They were beyond incredible in this episode in building the conflicting emotions of their characters. Yes, KMT was at the centre of this episode but KSH would not have built such a variety of emotions if it wasn't for the support of SYJ.

I am so beyond amazed how this drama manages to get through every single layer of emotion in just around an hour per episode. We saw laughter, sexual tension, reminiscence, brotherly love, friend's support, friends' rivalry, love dilemma and rejection, mysteries and ghosts, childhood memories and traumas, first love, eternal love. All in one episode. Not gonna lie, I got chills several times during the episode and, as mentioned, it was mainly due to the acting skills of the leads. Previously we've noticed the great cinematography and the aesthetically pleasing visuals and transitions. This time they were seemingly put aside (not being totally absent though - there was the transition with the fence of the cursed castle), to give priority to the actors. And they literally carried the episode on their shoulders - not only KSH & SYJ of course, all the supports too. Feels so good to watch such quality acting, really.

Something important I noticed - the smile of the little KMY when she ran to her "prince". She was genuinely happy that he was there, that he was not scared of her, that she would be saved. But her mother stopped her. Her mother actually created the "monster" she turned out to be. We finally have the answer.

Just thinking of that final scene is making me shiver. The acting, the visuals... let's not forget, the music (yet once again, what an OST!)... everything is perfect. Everything. I am really so beyond thankful for having the chance to watch this chef-d'oeuvre. :wub:

• Like 14
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, saya2 said:

Why I feel that KT jealous from ST-MY relationship that’s why he didn’t want MY to get close from his brother 

it’s like he has fear deep inside his heart that his brother may take MY love’s from him like he take there mother love 

I will have to Paraphrase, Yes KT does have Insecurities over MY and ST but.

A. It is because he does not TRUST MY when it comes to ST, as he knows MY is not empathetic enough for ST.

B. Also It's not that MY will fall for ST leaving KT but quite possibly because the more He falls for MY, the more ST gets Jealous and will end up ruining MY/KT relationship, Since KT has to priotitize ST always He will AGAIN HAVE TO RUN AWAY FROM MY or Ruin his relationship with his BROTHER.

C. MY will NEVER LOVE ST, So no question of taking KT's affection away like their mother , MY at the most can only take advantage of ST making him as a bait to TRAP KT.

• Like 9

From the beginning, at the Bates Motel (NICE "Psycho" homage) when MY perfectly turns GTs words back on him from the previous episode, and lays bare his obvious caring - to the end - when we find out that the young GT, after initially running away, changed his mind and went back for her, to her obvious pain, running down the stairs in her excitement to see him, only to be stopped by her mother.

... and the whole time, MY thought he didn't know who she was - and that OST when he arrives and sees her on the balcony... just WOW!

This is by far the best episode yet!

More Please!  :blush:

• Like 10
  • Love 6

6 hours ago, cenching said:

@bairama

I am watching Dinner Mate, also with similar mental illness theme like this one. Started great and after 4 episodes left, it started goes downhill. I am really hoping it won’t happens here.

This is absolutely my kind of drama....SYJ is one hell of an actress, not to mention gorgeous. 

You're right. This is why I like IOTNBO.

IOTNBO and Dinnermate are two dramas tackle mental health, but there's a very big difference. IOTNBO presents a disorder for what it is and draws several mixed reactions from the audience. Moon-young's actions are not something to tolerated, yet we empathize with her character. But the way Dinnermate presented Jae-hyuk was different. They showed him as a creep boyfriend, and by the time they give us the reason why he is like that, the show has reached a point where it is very difficult for the viewer to empathize with his struggles. Both Moon-young and Jae-hyuk did not have healthy childhood, but hte way their characters were handled were clearly different.

I am not defending IOTNBO if ever it has misrepresentations of any disorders or mental illnesses. I am just stressing out what everyone else has been repeating: This drama is one of a kind because it tries to break the stigma that is usually associated with the portrayal of mental health problems.

• Like 17
  • Insightful 1

31 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

This is by far the best episode yet!

I am saying this after every single episode. :D Sometimes, during the episode, I tell myself: "No, this one is a bit weaker, definitel-..." And then something incredible happens, I am open-mouthed, and always exclaim: "This episode is the best one so far. GIMME MORE!" :D :wub:

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

Omo...such beautiful scenes between GT and MY in todays episode...:yay:

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Rickroll'D 2

@SweetButters, thank you so much for this analysis!

After you mentioned the humming, I went back to listen to it again, as it sounded familiar to me too. Having read your story about Clementine, and remembering the "drowning" scene of (supposedly) KMY's mother, I couldn't help but think of the famous Mexican La Llorona (The Crying Woman). The story goes like this:

One woman was very unloved by her husband. They had two sons and the husband devoted all his attention to them, not caring about his wife at all. This escalated to him having a lover, and she caught him with the other woman. So, in her anger, the wife drowned her two sons in the river. She immediately regretted this and drowned herself too. However, due to her actions, her condition to be admitted to heaven was to find her sons' souls. To this day, she cries for her sons in search of them. And with her cries she attracts children and drowns them in the same river she drowned her sons.

So, the song vaguely sounded similar to the popular Mexican folklore song. The story, however, relates a bit more.

Once again, as in @SweetButters's story of Bluebeard and then the one of Clementine, the husband and the father plays the major role in the death of a woman (wife, mother). And La Llorona gets back, grieving but also seeking revenge.

By the way, Brothers Grimm have also written on the "Bluebeard". Their story is called "The Castle of Murder". Sounds familiar? :) 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

@SweetButters Mexican La Llorona (The Crying Woman). The story goes like this:

One woman was very unloved by her husband. They had two sons and the husband devoted all his attention to them, not caring about his wife at all. This escalated to him having a lover, and she caught him with the other woman. So, in her anger, she drowned her two sons in the river. She immediately regretted this and drowned herself too. However, due to her actions, her condition to be admitted to heaven was to find her sons' souls. To this day, she cries about her sons in search of them. And with her cries she attracts children and drowns them in the same river she drowned her sons.

So, the song vaguely sounded similar to the popular Mexican folklore song. The story, however, relates a bit more.

Once again, as in @SweetButters's story of Bluebeard and then the one of Clementine, the husband and the father plays the major role in the death of a woman (wife, mother). And La Llorona gets back, grieving but also seeking revenge.

By the way, Brothers Grimm have also written on the "Bluebeard". Their story is called "The Castle of Murder". Sounds familiar? :) 

@TiNaDo Oh yea I heard of the story of La Llorona before while watching this American show I used to love called, "Grimm", on NBC!

Oh I never heard of "Castle of Murder" before. What's it about?

Also I found a clip of the song, "Clementine", in English ! Its the same tune as what that woman ghost was humming in ep.5

• Like 10

@SweetButters, "The Castle of Murder" is more or less based on the story of Bluebeard. The main character is a rich nobleman who marries a poor girl. The day after their marriage, he leaves the castle due to something urgent and says nothing. The girl goes around the castle, opens different rooms, until in one she sees a woman, with her intestines going out of her body. The woman warns the girl that she would be the next one in a day. She ran away but dropped the key in the room, so the husband found out she has been there. In this story, the woman helps the girl, as far as I remember.

This could be another hint, if I think about it - the mother helping the daughter. :unsure:

• Like 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

1) The chemistry between the leads are unbelievable. I’m in so much awe when they’re sharing a scene together. Initially I thought that they’d have chemistry only when they shared scenes together. But in today’s episode it proved that not only when they’re together but when they’re far away from each other and are thinking of each other still they have chemistry. It’s unbelievable. I’ve been telling myself that I’ve seen better chemistry but they’re just.. something about even looking at each other. The eye-banging is so intense. I feel all hot and bothered when they share scenes together. It’s like they only have eyes for each other. They see nobody but each other. It’s that intense. I’m also positive that when he started thinking of KMY that he’s a goner too. Juri has no chance. Absolutely no chance. I can’t stand her anyway. As KMY said, she is RickRoll'D and two-faced. It’s obvious. 

2) I think we can say surely now that KMY’s mom is alive. The ghost is her and I’m pretty sure that even if no one is mentioning her, she’s the person who made KMY’s life so mysterious and dark. Making sure that her daughter stayed by her side and never moved an inch. There’s something dark and disturbing about her mom. I hope we can explore it more.

• Like 15
  • Love 3

21 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

@SweetButters, "The Castle of Murder" is more or less based on the story of Bluebeard. The main character is a rich nobleman who marries a poor girl. The day after their marriage, he leaves the castle due to something urgent and says nothing. The girl goes around the castle, opens different rooms, until in one she sees a woman, with her intestines going out of her body. The woman warns the girl that she would be the next one in a day. She ran away but dropped the key in the room, so the husband found out she has been there. In this story, the woman helps the girl, as far as I remember.

This could be another hint, if I think about it - the mother helping the daughter. :unsure:

@TiNaDo Omg this gives me goosebumps!!!! Very true !!! It could be that KMY's mom was trying to save her (connected to story of Bluebeard and Castle of Murder) and so KMY feels guilty later on that she couldn't save her mom in return (connected to story of clementine song) :tears:!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Okay I just finished the ep and yes to this supernatural/horror element I love ghosts lol. ST done signed a whole contract sksksjsj I can't with MY.  I can't stress enough their chemistry is amazing. After MY and JR fight and before KT gives MY the money and she's like "How much did you hear" y'all when he says "ILY" it looks like he deada*s is saying that TO HER idk if that's just KSH or the character but I was flabbergasted. :o

I'm debating waiting to watch tomorrow's ep until later in the week. But I doubt I'll be able to resist :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

I like this piano cover from It’s Okay to Not be Okay music background :heart:

& this!!

i love them all:please:

gtg watch the new ep fully, just got scanned watch from livestream & interrupted to do smth but i cant resist to drop comment first bcs excited:offtospace:

the first minutes is hilarious

6 hours ago, jeonghyang said:

NINJA Moves activates

on that scene i like how they are just play along and dont have any dialogue. So extra of them:loolz:

& interesting in the ending, mkt finally confirmed that he is the child to kmy..  Her expression:heartbreak: youre so cold ost match for his childhood towards her, and in present her towards him..

beautiful tumblr gif update:

767aa358a9f346fa8786b66c6fda43046a7b5d14

2892da78a0462c90affb7c881917d9cc35ab49f8

8b3191f31466646b26d84fe01206b3ef372eec21

cr. junghaesin

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone! 

I just watched ep 5 and it went by so fast!

I enjoy just watching the drama & reading everyone’s comments!

- wow KT walking over so dashingly to MY and putting his jacket for her to wear , MY loving holding on tight to him on the bike :letsgo:

- hehe Bates Hotel, I was like the clerk too watching them in fascination too! :foodie3:

- I loved how the clerk kept trying to entice them with deals and other stuff until there was no $$$ to be had , he kindly mentioned a cheaper one taking later payment unlike him even his mom can’t come without prepayment lol (His expressions were life) Their cackling sexual tension omo omo! :ohboy2:

- I loved how she threw back all the words he said to her- why no wallet and money, you will never know my feelings even until I die, you are just empty & cannot read people  (he deserved to hear it) MY brings that side out of him wanting to burst free only with her 

- I loved how JR mom knew JR was upset over KT calling MY over her/plus he used banmal with MY but not with her and funny how MY was disappointed that KT only called her name. Also she was upset , MY wearing the clothing she and KT bought together 

- Same 9,000 shirt MY was complaining about and stomped on. Cute how ST was upset MY was wearing KT cheap clothing not his lol.:rubchin:

-ST being upset about being lied to and sadness when KT talked about ST the importance of smiling despite his true feelings to make sure his bro ST would not be anxious (must have been so hard to hold that in and to trust MY to share with her ) Poor KT never getting a break actually be able to feel freely without self censoring himself :sad1:

- KT with JR, when on the rooftop she reminded him of their first meeting and she was upset and he offered for her to slap him not expecting she would . She thought the slap made them closer but no. He told her to not like him and he is not worthy. At least now he knows and she said I will still like you. (If it were not for the patient asking about KT for her daughter then he still would not have known JR crush):crazy:

- ooh that harasser blackmailing for money secretly recorded MY (I had vibe that something was off and it should have been recorded, but not by MY but that horrible person.):rip:

- when KT tried to insinuate that MY was autistic she was like I am not like that (while checking the wall of cards with emotion photo cues)

-I didn’t care for JR slapping MY and both were staking their so called claim over KT . KT reminding MY , he is not hers when making her leave giving only 30,000 won taxi fare

-The Director putting paint on the wall was a no no, funny how ST wouldn’t let him get away with it. I think he would have painted once he was ready ,His crush on MY (course doesn’t hurt she is pretty) playing with her. Her using ST to lure them away from JR. So the fact shr wants his illustration skills was right for future books. She knows that’s one way to get KT.

-KT admitting to a stunned MY knowing the cursed castle location & us finding out her back story with his after he left her and then she could not accept his flowers but had to stomp on them were heartbreaking 

-KT def is bothered by MY and needing to have JS remind him that MY is dangerous and to stay away from her. He is the moth to her bright burning flame.  

- Where will MY manager live now he is bankrupt? Handling MY is not easy indeed. He knows that MY treatment to KT is like a “plaything” at first but she keeps trying not realizing their deeper ties 

So beautiful & their workout scene with staff and patients was cute

JS being sweet bringing food so KT wouldn’t eat alone , then he realized KT was lying and still went downstairs to eat dinner and take care of ST for the night

- JR mom must like KT to wait that long to eat together! ( so kind) MY never eating proper home cooking interesting no live in cook and she didn’t realize she liked JR’s mom cooking 

Just my choices on the scenes I liked today 

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

I have to say that this episode & tomorrow's episode will be my favorite so far! Starting to see more of the emotional buildup from Moon Young, Gang Tae, Sang Tae, and Juri. 

When the OTP are together, they become vulnerable & will open up to each other. It may end up painful but it's the start of their romance along with the healing process of each their own. I CAN'T WAIT! 

I think the moon brothers living with MY will be fun yet difficult but it'll help them in a way to become a healthy family on the long run. There's obstacles & struggles but they'll have to work together. I sort of think MY has something up her sleeve which gives an uneasy feeling too. I just hope she doesn't manipulate Sang Tae cause he's too innocent. 

Just seeing the moon brothers fight from the preview breaks my heart! I think Sang Tae can become violent when he's super angry & it's painful that he hits Gang Tae. I mean he already has some wounds on his body. He doesn't need anymore! 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

@SweetButters Thank you for the info about Bluebeard and Clementine as reference. There are so many references in the drama and it is our advantage of being in this thread. FYI, I learned the song Clementine when I was a Girl Guide (during school obviously) and it never occurred to me at that time how sad the song was.

Well, this is another drama that needs to be watched a few times and discussed with others.

• Like 5
  • Love 3