[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

@SweetButters, thank you so much for this analysis!

After you mentioned the humming, I went back to listen to it again, as it sounded familiar to me too. Having read your story about Clementine, and remembering the "drowning" scene of (supposedly) KMY's mother, I couldn't help but think of the famous Mexican La Llorona (The Crying Woman). The story goes like this:

One woman was very unloved by her husband. They had two sons and the husband devoted all his attention to them, not caring about his wife at all. This escalated to him having a lover, and she caught him with the other woman. So, in her anger, the wife drowned her two sons in the river. She immediately regretted this and drowned herself too. However, due to her actions, her condition to be admitted to heaven was to find her sons' souls. To this day, she cries for her sons in search of them. And with her cries she attracts children and drowns them in the same river she drowned her sons.

So, the song vaguely sounded similar to the popular Mexican folklore song. The story, however, relates a bit more.

Once again, as in @SweetButters's story of Bluebeard and then the one of Clementine, the husband and the father plays the major role in the death of a woman (wife, mother). And La Llorona gets back, grieving but also seeking revenge.

By the way, Brothers Grimm have also written on the "Bluebeard". Their story is called "The Castle of Murder". Sounds familiar? :) 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

@SweetButters Mexican La Llorona (The Crying Woman). The story goes like this:

One woman was very unloved by her husband. They had two sons and the husband devoted all his attention to them, not caring about his wife at all. This escalated to him having a lover, and she caught him with the other woman. So, in her anger, she drowned her two sons in the river. She immediately regretted this and drowned herself too. However, due to her actions, her condition to be admitted to heaven was to find her sons' souls. To this day, she cries about her sons in search of them. And with her cries she attracts children and drowns them in the same river she drowned her sons.

So, the song vaguely sounded similar to the popular Mexican folklore song. The story, however, relates a bit more.

Once again, as in @SweetButters's story of Bluebeard and then the one of Clementine, the husband and the father plays the major role in the death of a woman (wife, mother). And La Llorona gets back, grieving but also seeking revenge.

By the way, Brothers Grimm have also written on the "Bluebeard". Their story is called "The Castle of Murder". Sounds familiar? :) 

@TiNaDo Oh yea I heard of the story of La Llorona before while watching this American show I used to love called, "Grimm", on NBC!

Oh I never heard of "Castle of Murder" before. What's it about?

Also I found a clip of the song, "Clementine", in English ! Its the same tune as what that woman ghost was humming in ep.5

• Like 10

@SweetButters, "The Castle of Murder" is more or less based on the story of Bluebeard. The main character is a rich nobleman who marries a poor girl. The day after their marriage, he leaves the castle due to something urgent and says nothing. The girl goes around the castle, opens different rooms, until in one she sees a woman, with her intestines going out of her body. The woman warns the girl that she would be the next one in a day. She ran away but dropped the key in the room, so the husband found out she has been there. In this story, the woman helps the girl, as far as I remember.

This could be another hint, if I think about it - the mother helping the daughter. :unsure:

• Like 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

1) The chemistry between the leads are unbelievable. I’m in so much awe when they’re sharing a scene together. Initially I thought that they’d have chemistry only when they shared scenes together. But in today’s episode it proved that not only when they’re together but when they’re far away from each other and are thinking of each other still they have chemistry. It’s unbelievable. I’ve been telling myself that I’ve seen better chemistry but they’re just.. something about even looking at each other. The eye-banging is so intense. I feel all hot and bothered when they share scenes together. It’s like they only have eyes for each other. They see nobody but each other. It’s that intense. I’m also positive that when he started thinking of KMY that he’s a goner too. Juri has no chance. Absolutely no chance. I can’t stand her anyway. As KMY said, she is RickRoll'D and two-faced. It’s obvious. 

2) I think we can say surely now that KMY’s mom is alive. The ghost is her and I’m pretty sure that even if no one is mentioning her, she’s the person who made KMY’s life so mysterious and dark. Making sure that her daughter stayed by her side and never moved an inch. There’s something dark and disturbing about her mom. I hope we can explore it more.

• Like 15
  • Love 3

21 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

@SweetButters, "The Castle of Murder" is more or less based on the story of Bluebeard. The main character is a rich nobleman who marries a poor girl. The day after their marriage, he leaves the castle due to something urgent and says nothing. The girl goes around the castle, opens different rooms, until in one she sees a woman, with her intestines going out of her body. The woman warns the girl that she would be the next one in a day. She ran away but dropped the key in the room, so the husband found out she has been there. In this story, the woman helps the girl, as far as I remember.

This could be another hint, if I think about it - the mother helping the daughter. :unsure:

@TiNaDo Omg this gives me goosebumps!!!! Very true !!! It could be that KMY's mom was trying to save her (connected to story of Bluebeard and Castle of Murder) and so KMY feels guilty later on that she couldn't save her mom in return (connected to story of clementine song) :tears:!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Okay I just finished the ep and yes to this supernatural/horror element I love ghosts lol. ST done signed a whole contract sksksjsj I can't with MY.  I can't stress enough their chemistry is amazing. After MY and JR fight and before KT gives MY the money and she's like "How much did you hear" y'all when he says "ILY" it looks like he deada*s is saying that TO HER idk if that's just KSH or the character but I was flabbergasted. :o

I'm debating waiting to watch tomorrow's ep until later in the week. But I doubt I'll be able to resist :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

I like this piano cover from It’s Okay to Not be Okay music background :heart:

& this!!

i love them all:please:

gtg watch the new ep fully, just got scanned watch from livestream & interrupted to do smth but i cant resist to drop comment first bcs excited:offtospace:

the first minutes is hilarious

6 hours ago, jeonghyang said:

NINJA Moves activates

on that scene i like how they are just play along and dont have any dialogue. So extra of them:loolz:

& interesting in the ending, mkt finally confirmed that he is the child to kmy..  Her expression:heartbreak: youre so cold ost match for his childhood towards her, and in present her towards him..

beautiful tumblr gif update:

767aa358a9f346fa8786b66c6fda43046a7b5d14

2892da78a0462c90affb7c881917d9cc35ab49f8

8b3191f31466646b26d84fe01206b3ef372eec21

cr. junghaesin

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

Hi Everyone! 

I just watched ep 5 and it went by so fast!

I enjoy just watching the drama & reading everyone’s comments!

- wow KT walking over so dashingly to MY and putting his jacket for her to wear , MY loving holding on tight to him on the bike :letsgo:

- hehe Bates Hotel, I was like the clerk too watching them in fascination too! :foodie3:

- I loved how the clerk kept trying to entice them with deals and other stuff until there was no $$$ to be had , he kindly mentioned a cheaper one taking later payment unlike him even his mom can’t come without prepayment lol (His expressions were life) Their cackling sexual tension omo omo! :ohboy2:

- I loved how she threw back all the words he said to her- why no wallet and money, you will never know my feelings even until I die, you are just empty & cannot read people  (he deserved to hear it) MY brings that side out of him wanting to burst free only with her 

- I loved how JR mom knew JR was upset over KT calling MY over her/plus he used banmal with MY but not with her and funny how MY was disappointed that KT only called her name. Also she was upset , MY wearing the clothing she and KT bought together 

- Same 9,000 shirt MY was complaining about and stomped on. Cute how ST was upset MY was wearing KT cheap clothing not his lol.:rubchin:

-ST being upset about being lied to and sadness when KT talked about ST the importance of smiling despite his true feelings to make sure his bro ST would not be anxious (must have been so hard to hold that in and to trust MY to share with her ) Poor KT never getting a break actually be able to feel freely without self censoring himself :sad1:

- KT with JR, when on the rooftop she reminded him of their first meeting and she was upset and he offered for her to slap him not expecting she would . She thought the slap made them closer but no. He told her to not like him and he is not worthy. At least now he knows and she said I will still like you. (If it were not for the patient asking about KT for her daughter then he still would not have known JR crush):crazy:

- ooh that harasser blackmailing for money secretly recorded MY (I had vibe that something was off and it should have been recorded, but not by MY but that horrible person.):rip:

- when KT tried to insinuate that MY was autistic she was like I am not like that (while checking the wall of cards with emotion photo cues)

-I didn’t care for JR slapping MY and both were staking their so called claim over KT . KT reminding MY , he is not hers when making her leave giving only 30,000 won taxi fare

-The Director putting paint on the wall was a no no, funny how ST wouldn’t let him get away with it. I think he would have painted once he was ready ,His crush on MY (course doesn’t hurt she is pretty) playing with her. Her using ST to lure them away from JR. So the fact shr wants his illustration skills was right for future books. She knows that’s one way to get KT.

-KT admitting to a stunned MY knowing the cursed castle location & us finding out her back story with his after he left her and then she could not accept his flowers but had to stomp on them were heartbreaking 

-KT def is bothered by MY and needing to have JS remind him that MY is dangerous and to stay away from her. He is the moth to her bright burning flame.  

- Where will MY manager live now he is bankrupt? Handling MY is not easy indeed. He knows that MY treatment to KT is like a “plaything” at first but she keeps trying not realizing their deeper ties 

So beautiful & their workout scene with staff and patients was cute

JS being sweet bringing food so KT wouldn’t eat alone , then he realized KT was lying and still went downstairs to eat dinner and take care of ST for the night

- JR mom must like KT to wait that long to eat together! ( so kind) MY never eating proper home cooking interesting no live in cook and she didn’t realize she liked JR’s mom cooking 

Just my choices on the scenes I liked today 

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

I have to say that this episode & tomorrow's episode will be my favorite so far! Starting to see more of the emotional buildup from Moon Young, Gang Tae, Sang Tae, and Juri. 

When the OTP are together, they become vulnerable & will open up to each other. It may end up painful but it's the start of their romance along with the healing process of each their own. I CAN'T WAIT! 

I think the moon brothers living with MY will be fun yet difficult but it'll help them in a way to become a healthy family on the long run. There's obstacles & struggles but they'll have to work together. I sort of think MY has something up her sleeve which gives an uneasy feeling too. I just hope she doesn't manipulate Sang Tae cause he's too innocent. 

Just seeing the moon brothers fight from the preview breaks my heart! I think Sang Tae can become violent when he's super angry & it's painful that he hits Gang Tae. I mean he already has some wounds on his body. He doesn't need anymore! 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

@SweetButters Thank you for the info about Bluebeard and Clementine as reference. There are so many references in the drama and it is our advantage of being in this thread. FYI, I learned the song Clementine when I was a Girl Guide (during school obviously) and it never occurred to me at that time how sad the song was.

Well, this is another drama that needs to be watched a few times and discussed with others.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

50 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@SweetButters Thank you for the info about Bluebeard and Clementine as reference. There are so many references in the drama and it is our advantage of being in this thread. FYI, I learned the song Clementine when I was a Girl Guide (during school obviously) and it never occurred to me at that time how sad the song was.

Well, this is another drama that needs to be watched a few times and discussed with others.

@YongZura⁷ No problem ! Yea Clementine is really such a sad song just like that children's song Ring a Ring O Roses which was about the bubonic plague :(

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 7/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, madmad min said:

Today's Overall Impact of Episode was the Most Lightest one but makes your Heart Ache for the Love not understood between KT-MY. KT is THE BACHELOR OF THE TOWN, everyone wants Him. LOL. I did not like JR and the crying bambler jeesh. 

But The flashback at the end with MY, makes me wonder , Was MY really Born with Antisocial Disorder? I mean it is heavily Implied that her Mother had some issues but I am at this point not entirely Sure of MY being Born Heartless!! 

BlueBEARD?? Really??? MY will go to any lengths to keep KT, Does that mean she is making a Sacrificial Lamb out of ST??? Why do I have a feeling tomorrow episode ain't gonna be Light in any manner!!! 

Also this show's end is gonna make me Cry a River, How can They get a Satisfactory version of Happy Ending ??? Unless they throw Logic Out or MY/KT realigns themselves it seems difficult.

This show is Guns and Roses at the very same time.

:foryou::ok:

@madmad min From each voice over in this drama , I believe there is some truth. As I watch “It’s ok to not be OK” I believe there is a message that the writer is trying to share with us. 
I loved this drama. My theory is that MY’s life was difficult as a child. She was lonely but very inquisitive. When she first saw Kang Tae, she saw something in his eyes. Like they always the eyes is “
eyes are the window to the soul ” In this drama it the truth. Have any of you noticed the camera always zoom in to MY’s eyes, doesn’t that mean something. MY has suffered so much at the hands of her father. I wonder why?? MY growing up with two insane parents that are obsessed with someone they want to cage you. Daddy- -> Cages MY’s - -> MY’s Min cages Ko Moo-Young. It is so tragic and I have been wondering about the room that her mom died in, from the story it seems that that room was her cage but I wonder why is her mom locked in when she died?? So many questions came to mind and that is why I love it. Moo Young is definitely in need of that facia expression chart to understand people.  She really can’t read expressions. 

Nam Joo-Ri was in a flashback and it was distorted. Since I don’t like her, I rather think there is more to the scene. When she asked a question out of curiosity and tried to make it seem like MY must have done something. I loved her superior answer. Asking her can she really be objective with this patient and his next kin. Not only that she lied about knowing Ko Moo-Young.

Kang Sang Tae loves his brother but he likes Ko Moo Young. He is conflicted because he can’t read his brother and he thinks his brother doesn’t love him at all. This is just my understanding for now. It may changes. I do believe Kang Tae is bit jealous of his affection for Ko Moo Young but if the brother were honest with each other. He would know that they bothe have noting to fear. Kang Tae does have it rough and he believes that Moo- Young is incapable of taking care of Sang Tae. There will be times he will need some kind of emotional contact that she won’t be able to fulfill.
Kang Tae is hard man ans has bottled up all his emotions. Because of bottling it up, he has forgotten how to smile. First he has a smile like the Joker ans than one that is like CHUCKY. For the life of me I couldn’t see that. Kang Tae has accepted his job as being his brother’s keeper. I wished he wouldn’t look at it as a job but as a brother protecting his older brother. Communication is key for these two brother to heal. I think Kang Tae is still angry because of their mother’s deaths. I think the fact he feels this pain all year long but Sang Tae who was loved and taken better care of by their mom, Sang Tae might not even think of their mom. 

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINk??

• Like 4

Just finished episode 5 and it is soooo good! I can't wait for episode 6 to come out. 

I'm wondering if the lady patient talking to Kangtae at the hospital and mentioning she would like to introduce her daughter to him is Moonyoung's mom. Perhaps she's also the one that keeps looking at Moonyoung through the windows in episode 4. She is extravagantly dressed for a patient, seems like a suicide patient, and Joori did say Moonyoung's mom is not dead. So maybe that's her. 

The beginning of the episode is hilarious and I love that Moonyoung got back at Kangtae for calling her an empty can by calling him an empty can too. She made her point here about how he's a hypocrite and watching Kangtae awkward and speechless has me laughing nonstop. I went back to watch that scene twice. And their conversations that night at his place is really nice to watch. Moonyoung may act tough on the outside but she was really affected by that touch of Kangtae's hand against her cheek because she keeps saying she's hungry, she is really hungry for human warmth. And Kangtae understood that through Zombie Kid and that's something he can relate to. He also opened up to her about why he became a caregiver and why he constantly bottles up his feelings while putting on a smile for his hyung. No wonder his friend says his smile is like the Joker. 

I think it's sad when Kangtae and his friend went out for beers and his friend told him to stay away from Moonyoung and to keep things the way they are.  Maybe he is looking out for Kangtae's safety but I can't help but feel there is a bit of self interest in that comment since keeping things the way they are may also be a source of comfort for the friend too. They may be constantly moving around but the thing that's also constant is that it's always the 3 of them moving around. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

The rating for today is 5.248%

It is a rise from 4.9% last sunday

But compare to the first and second week rating for saturday it is the lowest which was 6.1 and 5.9%

Hope for the best guys!

The only good things is that the drama still #1 in the timeslot in all channel so i guess it is a tigjt battle in prime time 21 00 kst 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the Hyung’s possibility of violence streak, it reminded me of the patient Dad who attempted to killed his daughter in the previous episode. He was found dead with a stab on his neck (bloody pillow, didn’t really show the wound)after the fight with MKT. Wasn’t Mommy also dead by the stab on the neck??

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I watched ep 5 last night.it is wow. The mystery is revealed one by one starting from ep 5. So MKT is already know that KMY is the girl from his past.

I read some comments and i have some guesses.

1. The female patient who wants to introduce her daughter to MKT is KMY stepmother.

2. The sound of lady searching for help is her stepmother voice

3. Her father is the bluebeard

4. Death of MKT's mother is related to death of KMY's biological mother.

5. Lady in black dress who wanders in hospital is not ghost. 

I have a plot in my mind but i will not write it. Not fun. 

I hope this drama has a happy ending for everyone. Except for that reporter who blackmails KMY and her boss. I hope, somehow that guy ends up in prison. That guy is a true evil

• Like 9

I think there is def a killer on the loose but it is too early to say who it is. Same with MY’s mom - is she dead or alive?!  and for some reason that fancy patient at the hospital trying to set up KT - I think she is a misdirection and not MY’s mom but I am guessing. 

Maybe it is me but I didn’t see ST being the one that abuses KT or having a violent streak - like at all. When he had his traumatic episodes, he always goes in hiding - not be violent. The face reading is for him to understand how KT feels and I think the trauma of “I’m a good person” came from mom’s murder - that he didn’t lie re the butterflies etc. I hope the show doesn’t go the route of making ST violent. 

• Like 8