Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Current Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Gold Medalist Official update:

:heart2beat:

Eb49a9uUEAAIlUA?format=jpg&name=medium

Eb49bkbU0AE1Sdp?format=jpg&name=medium

Eb49cIiUcAAQPPJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Cred. Twitter (@stars88jo)

• Like 9
  • Love 6

join us and tag friends here in soompi who would be a great fit for this event.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Ohhhhh another BTS!

There was a 'nose-bop' improvised by SYJ which didn't make the cut!

WHY.

:joy::joy:

• Like 6
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 2

the BTS, I guess the director let them freely improvised their scenes? look at KSH directing scenes, he looks like on of the PD.

still need BTS for KMY epic scenes XD

and SYJ side profile!!! her nose OMG why so perfect?!:wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Kang Tae is the cutest... :hooray2:

800d7eb48af1677d28abff0663781176.gif

and Moon Young is the sweetest!  :happydance:

5cf34aa78fc94456958878bb5f8230e8.gif

• Like 9
  • Love 6

Someone in MDL posted that the scene in ep 1 where ST is drawing may be a foreshadow to the main leads relationship. When ST is drawing, this is the audio that plays in the background. 

Spoiler

"I'm still going to love you. You're as pitiful as I am."

"I'm not pitiful."
"Yes you are."
"You're even treating me like an orphan?"
"Even if you're not, you think and act like an orphan."
"You're ruthless, insecure, thoughtless, and empty-hearted. But I'm still going to love you. Do you know why? Because I decided to do so"
"I also decided.. I'm still going to love you."

While this scene is playing in the background, Sang Tae is drawing what looks like MY's creepy house. What does everyone think? Foreshadowing? Now I feel like I have to go back and rewatch every single detail in every episode lol. 

• Shocked 4
  • Insightful 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@glory @ruminati0n i tagged you both too since you guys asked if there are any connections to the drama with these flowers :D

This is one.... enthralling personal account. Thanks for sharing.

About Flowers and Butterflies....  I looked up the symbolism of a Butterfly and it is about Life Transformation.... where a larvae changes to a caterpillar, and into its final form as  a winged flapper. This piqued my interest... and I looked back to that encounter between the young MY and GT....where she'd tore those poor wingers into pieces.....and then dare asked GT with an impish smile..."now, do still like me?".  I'd take it, MY at this (bitter) point is resisting change and will remain herself... mean and miserly. Which only indicates a troubled home. Her dad gave us some clues...but her mom (a noted talent or artist) in a voice over said... she is her "best creation".  This suggests MY is just another lifeless piece of work/artwork by her mom. As for ST, Butterflies trigger fear that might be related to a childhood trauma;  Or he could be resisting change too. 

Some Scenes I like in the EP 4.

1. When GT got angry in the car. MY actually was talking about Gi-Do's mom when she said "Mothers" drop (do not love) kids who are dumb and weak...which triggered GT for insinuating that his mom (with ST) was no different. It pained GT (to hear this)... because he knew full well his mother was the opposite.... which was why he called her clueless and empty in their face-to-face, toe-to-toe, eye-to-eye conversion at the hospital. Nonetheless I found it hilarious when MY threw him a barrage of "I Love You" as he walked away from her at the sidewalk.

2.  Encounter with the Assemblyman. This to me was an emotional exchange and an eye-opener for GangTae... as the question circled back to him... "that kids are born because of need". Looking at himself in the mirror, it seems to dawn on him... GiDo's dad was right, and  this was so true for him today. And it put a wry smile to his face.  In a flashback in his mom's embrace, it was the essence of what she said to him.... "that is why I had you". It was ironic the slap woke him up.

3.  Ending in the rain.  When GT saw MY looking distraught ... walking by the roadside, he knew something was amiss. As soon as he heard the choking incident with her dad at the hospital, and as an experienced caregiver.... there was no time to spare as he dashed out to find her. Just like when he would cuddle/console ST in his stressful moments, he was right there to offer his shoulder to MY.  Since it was all unexpected (for MY) and all done in the rain...it couldn't get any better than this. Which is why, it was so sweet and heartfelt. Just love that ending.

• Like 8

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/02/director-park-shin-woo-talks-about-how-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-will-be-an-attractive-story-if-you-accept-the-unfamiliar-parts/
Director Park Shin Woo Talks About How ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Will Be an Attractive Story if You Accept the Unfamiliar Parts

by krishkim 

E7BB5A62-6755-48D3-8DD3-E7B156591C11.jpg

It’s Okay to Not Be Okay is receiving positive reviews for its solid story and sensuous directing that highlights the actors’ passionate performances.

The scenes that have captivated the viewers are episode 1) a comical visual effect scene where a patient threw up on Moon Kang Tae, episode 2) a sequence depicting “happiness” of Moon Sang Tae, who is suffering from autistic spectrum disorder, episode 3) a touching episode of patient Kwon Ki Do, episode 4) a scene where Moon Kang Tae’s inner desire to be loved by someone is depicted through his childhood.

In response, director Park Shin Woo shared the key points of his directing in It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

“I usually ponder over the drama’s ‘tone and manner’ when I am directing, but because It’s Okay to Not Be Okay has such a distinct personality that I was worried about whether to follow or neutralize that personality. Of course, I will admit that there are more unique parts than the script because of my taste.”

“The script had a clear story and topics. I wanted to convey the sincerity of the story even if it took a while to empathize and understand the subject or character. I think the story will get very attractive if you accept the unfamiliar parts and some unusual parts. So I wanted to focus on finding a way of directing just for this story.”

About the scene in episode 2 – a sequence depicting “happiness” of Moon Sang Tae on his way to the signing event of his favorite storybook writer, Go Moon Young – that drew explosive reactions, he explained, “The script showed the happiness of Moon Sang Tae, and when I visited the filming location, there were lots of fun things. There were lots of mannequins, cherry blossom streets, umbrellas, pretty birds in spring posters hanging all over the street, dancing signs, and even raining murals. I wondered how these things would be seen in the eyes of happy Sang Tae. I think I wanted to do that even more (making the sequence) because people with autism spectrum are often portrayed only in unstable and scary ways.”

About directing Go Moon Young, who has an antisocial personality disorder, he said, “I wanted to make Moon Young’s possessiveness and obsession feel similar to that of a young child who wants to have a toy at the beginning of the drama. How Moon Young, who doesn’t understand emotions, changes is the key point of the drama.”

The fairytale in the drama is also an indispensable factor. The storybooks, which have confirmed the release in real life, stop motion animations, and epilogues, have become the talk of the town. Director Park Shin Woo said, “We didn’t create them to emphasize the fairytale codes. The theme of the work, and the history and inner stories of the main characters, are often embodied in these fairytales. The writer has put a ton of effort in writing them, and because they have such strong connections with the drama, I wanted to introduce them in detail.”

Source (1)

——————

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 07. 01.

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" - weird, heart-warming love story of Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji

8D848AB9-9A67-4075-BA7F-A35A3DDD44D1.jpg

A weird yet convincing love.

The light of hope has gradually been glowing in the romantic love story of Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji.

The Sat-Sun drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (tvN) is a rom-com added with fanciful elements about the love like a fairy tale. It revolves around caregiver Moon Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun), who refuses love because of burdens in life, and the children's book writer Ko Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji), who has no idea of love due to an inborn disability. The two encounter and then soothe each other's pain.

Showing unusual chemistry right from the first episode, Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young are widely supported and affectionately nicknamed "daldal couple" (sweet couple) which combines the word "dal" (meaning "Moon") and "Moon" in both names. Let's analyze the loveline of the drama to see how their collaboration has built up the story that has mesmerized TV viewers.

It's fate but doesn't seem like it

After visiting the hospital to conduct the children’s book reading, Go Moon Young encountered a patient who is a father trying to abuse his daughter mentally. This reminded her of her father who attempted to kill her when she was small. When Go Moon Young was furiously holding the knife, caregiver Moon Kang Tae rushed to stop her. Living a harsh life and getting used to hiding emotions, Moon Kang Tae suppressed his pain of the bleeding hand to protect the patient. This image intrigued Go Moon Young, who innately can't hide her feelings, thereby heralding a bittersweet destiny.

"Stimulating" flirtation

Go Moon Young straightforwardly confessed to Moon Kang Tae that she wanted him because "you're handsome". Although he pushed Go Moon Young away and said that she was "an immoral person", Moon Kang Tae took an interest in her and gently taught her the "butterfly embrace" method to control her emotions. Moon Kang Tae didn't show his feelings and deliberately eluded Go Moon Young, but he kept thinking about her whisper, that "Don't wear a cap. So that I can see your handsome face." That was the moment showing that he had already thought of her.

An affectionate guy and a suffered girl

At the provocation of Go Moon Young, who always saw through his heart and affirmed, "You want to play", Moon Kang Tae finally said honestly, "Can I play with you?". Despite always having to live a hard life because he has to take care of his autistic brother, Moon Kang Tae has shown his desire to have a real life for himself, not a hypocritical life with the catch phrase "My brother is my everything". After curiously following Moon Kang Tae to his hometown, Go Moon Young also frankly confronted with the terrible existence of the mother who used to see her as a work, and faced psychological trauma when standing in front of the father who now has dementia. Both of them are subconsciously bringing change to each other without even knowing it.

Giving each other warmth

Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young, the couple who once pretended not to know their true self, realized that they turned out to have more similar flaws than anyone else and needed a consoling, comforting warmth for themselves. The two characters stood face to face in the pouring rain as if in tears, finally embraced each other, they are both filled with trauma, and brought warmth to each other. The public is curious as to whether the couple's sympathy, which moves the audience's heart, is capable of leading to a true soul-healing love story, as well as the path that the two of them will continue in the light reflected by the lighthouse.

On the other hand, according to the content power index (CPI, calculated in the 4th week of June 2020, from June 22 to June 28), "Psycho But It's Okay" is leading the two categories of TV dramas and most influential programs, thereby proving its remarkable popularity.

Reporter Cho Yeon Gyeong  cho.yeongyeong@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

saw an english-subbed EP4 BTS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEmhvNmOIp0) just now, and this scene struck me a lot–how their director takes in their input while shooting, and how much insight KSH gives!!! it gives a new and more intimate perspective when watching the drama, to know that some of their scenes were personally crafted by the actors themselves. and idk if KSH has ever done it before, but it seems like our boy has a future in directing! (must also be one of the reasons why he's one of the most decorated actors at his age, if he's as hands-on and as involved as this in all of his projects...)

Screen-Shot-2020-07-02-at-5-52-51-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-07-02-at-5-53-26-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-07-02-at-5-53-28-PM.png

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Eb46FFGU8AAEZnS?format=jpg&name=small

Eb46FFHUYAA5Z7F?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Eb46FFHVAAALUC2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If your teacher looks like this.....

Spoiler

Eb46I5LU0AAHUnE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Eb46I5FVAAECpTr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Credit to tvN

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

In my opinion the one who has sanity in this drama is GMY. She accepted her pitiful life. She just very sad and lonely.

I am curious about:

1.the lady who appeared near the window when GMY came to the cursed castle.

2.did she know that MGT is the boy from her pass? 

I need more ost!!!! :)

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Just done ep 3 to 4. I'm so late. I know. Short review of mine. I see that they cooked all the good ingredients of desperation and longing for love into a great composition. And it resulted with a great deal of trauma and disappointment. All these grown up kids are only wanting sincere love. It's not because they have something that can benefit the other or not but pure love which accepts them whatever their flaws. Like how MY faced her students all the messages from the reality perspective through the liar fairytale, I see that these meantally ill people are somewhat taking this as the light in their darkness. It emotionally moved their hearts. 

We finally see more backstory fleshed out into the deeper layers. Kwon Gi-Do, Moon Gang Tae and Mun Young shared the same story as the Zombie Kid. It's the story copying the reality.  I wonder why r so many people cutting the unions here??? 

So I think the simplest answer to all of this is true love.  I mean how could it be this one. Only true love which can break the cursed spell. Their past trauma which keeps locking them inside is just like their prison, the same prison for the sleeping beauty who unable to wake up. They can't escape unless someone comes to reach them out with true love. And I see it's slowly coming next episodes. So excited!

• Like 6
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, rarawita said:

In my opinion the one who has sanity in this drama is GMY. She accepted her pitiful life. She just very sad and lonely.

Hahaha I was thinking the same. I guess life itself is crazy enough that nobody can really be deemed sane. I think watching the side story of the manic son with his father who is determined to put him away whether his son is considered recovered or not shows just that. The world in itself is dark and the human heart a deceitful mystery. It's not MY or the patients in the hospital that's scary. And I love this drama because they have made the voices of those deemed unsuited for society to be ever more relatable to our thoughts. We are more similar than we think. It gets us to question whether mental illness is just a social construct used to isolate people who do not abide by societal standards and function accordingly to serve societal goals.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

"About the scene in episode 2 – a sequence depicting “happiness” of Moon Sang Tae on his way to the signing event of his favorite storybook writer, Go Moon Young – that drew explosive reactions, he explained, “The script showed the happiness of Moon Sang Tae, and when I visited the filming location, there were lots of fun things. There were lots of mannequins, cherry blossom streets, umbrellas, pretty birds in spring posters hanging all over the street, dancing signs, and even raining murals. I wondered how these things would be seen in the eyes of happy Sang Tae. I think I wanted to do that even more (making the sequence) because people with autism spectrum are often portrayed only in unstable and scary ways.

I'm touched by Director Park's words. He chooses to portrait the story in his way and very human-orientation. 

Put aside the rating thing, this drama itself is such a treasure that does not only portrait the healing journey of characters, but is also an encouragement to people who have mental issues out there, that they are not alone, they can be listened, can be understood, can be healed and can be loved.

I love this drama so much, so far.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I love this drama because I am able to collecting many meaningful quotes from Ko Mun Yeong. And they are just from 4 ep

I think because this character is a writer, a kids story writer, so she is very thoughtful and imaginative yet very logic.

True! From KMY the woman and from KMY the writer. 
I would probably never erase from my memory the scene where KMT read that final sentence of The Zombie Kid. Even the simplest sentence, in the appropriate situation, to the right audience, can touch souls and provoke tears.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Eb46FFHUYAA5Z7F?format=jpg%26name=4096x4

i so love this outfit! It makes MY look like a character straight out from a fairy tale! :wub:

7 hours ago, rarawita said:

I am curious about:

1.the lady who appeared near the window when GMY came to the cursed castle.

2.did she know that MGT is the boy from her pass? 

I need more ost!!!! :)

i agree with this. To me, I feel like she has been traumatized from early childhood and became the person she is. She too wants to feel loved. 

1. The lady who appeared near the window in the cursed castle and even within the house itself, to me, is simply the nightmare of her mother. It is the subconsciousness of MY’s nightmare. It’s not an actual ghost. It’s her innermost fear manifested.

2. Yes, she realized MT is the boy when his background check was sent to her. She connected his hometown to when he told her that her eyes reminded him of someone who had the same set of eyes. That’s why she told MT that it seems like he has gone through a whole evolution. 

3 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I love this drama because I am able to collecting many meaningful quotes from Ko Mun Yeong. And they are just from 4 ep

I think because this character is a writer, a kids story writer, so she is very thoughtful and imaginative yet very logic. 

very true! This is also why I love all the stories from MY. As mentioned before here, these stories are actually parts of MY herself. When KT cried at the end of Zombie Kid, I was tearing up too. Not only did KT want his mother’s warmth as a child but MY wasn’t so different herself either.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

@bairama , @Sejabin oppa  got his own book manual ( how to touch his hair :joy:

The Perfect way 
5efe785f35a87853287079.gif?download

The No no way 

5efe789cafd4e254155188.gif?download

the all right way 

5efe789cadc8c288138497.gif?download

it’s for good cause to keep oppa beauty intact :mrgreen:

Spoiler

15937344461593734402.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

@Ameera Ali running for new bts!! Just know! My head is craving for them these dayss aihhh:offtospace:

i wonder in this very neat vs opposite random hairstyle, are they become obsessed hairdresser for each other like a LOT of arrange ahahahahahah so cute of them, seems they're much perfectionist for how scene looked to us viewers also:heart4:

Eb46FFHVAAALUC2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 3
  • Love 4