Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Current Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

9 hours ago, Fangirl said:

About the complain about harassment, I think the writer just want to portray the behavior of antisocial disorder. It does happen in real life.

honestly this is really all that has to be said about that complain. the behavior that MY exhibited was a true illustration of someone with ASPD. in my abnormal psychology class, we are taught that to remember the essential features of antisocial personality disorder, we only ever have to look at its literary sense: anti = against/non-acknowledgement, social = social norms/rights of others.

but not all viewers are familiar with these nuances of the disorder, so we acknowledge that the scene could be taken differently by different people–and it was: some were made to feel uncomfortable, and there were those who romanticized/glorified that scene–which the actual show never did–without taking into account its context. the beauty of this drama however, which it has already been succeeding in, is that it opens up conversations about such topics. the problem then lies with the people who are unwilling to be educated and those who continually refuse to acknowledge the concept and realities of mental health and mental disorders.

• Like 20
  • Love 1

FEATURED

“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Episode 4 Gives Insightful Lessons On Parent-Child Relationships

By Lilly | July 1, 2020

THE LATEST EPISODE OF IT’S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY BRINGS THE TWO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN HURT TOGETHER AGAIN AS IT REVEALS THE SIMILARITIES OF THEIR PAINFUL PAST.

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay reflects another thoughtful narrative in episode 4. The latest episode draws attention on the fact that sometimes a parent’s love for their child may not always be selfless. In the end, they might have some expectations from the kids.

101061165-711079966130198-86863773567822

Kim Soo Hyun Seo Ye Ji

But, what the parents are not aware about is that sometimes they might be causing a huge toll on their children by inflicting their wishes upon them. Episode 4 of It’s Okay To Not Be Okay highlights another deep perspective on human relationships and its impact on their lives.

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay Episode Recaps: 1&2 | 3

AFTEREFFECTS OF KWON GI DO’S ACTIONS

Kwon Gi Do’s (Kwak Do Yeon) blatant disruption of his father’s rally does not go well. Assemblyman Kwon Man Su (Han Ki Joong) collapses at the shock.

As the staff from OK Psychiatric Hospital takes Kwon Gi Do away, Nam Joo Ri (Park Gyu Young) asks for one of the family members to follow. Kwon Gi Do’s mother (Lee Young Sook) comes along but when she faces her son, she slaps him and rebukes him for causing an embarrassment to the family.

Following all these incidents, the hospital chief, Oh Ji Wang (Kim Chang Wan) calls for a meeting among the staff. Most of the people present want to get Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji) fired however the chief is hesitant and puts his decision on hold.

Meanwhile, Kwon Man Su visits the hospital to take an ire against the people who led his son to escape and ruin his campaign rally. Moon Gang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) goes alone to face the complainant.

However, when Kwon Man Su makes harsh statements about his son saying that parents give birth to children so that they can fulfill their needs, Moon Gang Tae loses his cool. An exchange of words occurs and the politician hits Gang Tae for raising his voice.

1593580067667-e1593580025901.jpg

THE PARENTS WHO CAUSED PAIN TO THEIR CHILDREN

A flashback from the past revealed that a young Moon Gang Tae (Moon Woo Jin) was hurt with the amount of negligence he faced from his mother. His mother was always more attentive towards his autistic older brother. Therefore, she was only aware of her older son’s sufferings and not the younger.

On the other hand, Go Moon Young continues to see visions of her mother, who thinks of her more as prized creation rather than anything else.

Meanwhile, Go Moon Young who was adamant at not taking her sick father Go Dae Hwan (Lee Eol) for a walk finally decides to do so after Moon Gang Tae gets upset at her bashful comments about her father.

At the hospital, she runs into Moon Sang Tae (Oh Jung Se), with whom she hangs out for brief amount of time. As the two were having a conversation, an angry Moon Gang Tae appears, who asks his brother to get away.

Seeing that Moon Gang Tae was hit, Go Moon Young inquires him on what had caused that to happen. But, Moon Gang Tae fumes further in fury and asks her if she even know how to feel anything. Then, he tells her that she would never understand his feelings and leaves right away.

Thereafter, as Go Moon Young meets her father, she asks him if he knows her. Things go south immediately as Go Dae Hwan tries to choke her again and yells at her telling her to die. Go Moon Young smiles with empty eyes while a tear fall from them.

1593580828066-e1593580755977.jpg

THE ZOMBIE KID

As Moon Gang Tae takes a bus home, he notices Go Moon Young striding slowly in the pavement. The state of the lady gets him worried but he does not stop while, Go Moon Young continues walking.

At home, after completing the house chores, Moon Gang Tae takes a look at the items inside his brother’s bag. First, he opens the sketchbook wherein there is a caricature of Go Moon Young who is flashing a wide smile.

Next, Moon Gang Tae pulls out a fairytale book The Zombie Kid which was written by Go Moon Young. Remembering that the author had suggested to read her book and give his feedback, he starts reading the story.

The Zombie Kid narrates the story of a young boy who was born different. All that the kid ever did was to eat continuously. The mother continued to feed the kid but nothing could appease his hunger.

In the end, the mother gave up her hands and limbs to feed him and was left with nothing but a torso. The Zombie Kid embraced his mother in her last moments and spoke for the first time saying that it was warm.

What did the boy really want? Satiating his hunger? Or feeling his mother’s warmth?

– The Zombie Kid by Go Moon Young

Spoiler

1593582340209-e1593582309506.jpg

THE MEETING IN THE RAIN

Upon reading the book, Moon Gang Tae bursts into tears. Another flashback from the past shows Moon Gang Tae hugging his mother and feeling comfort in her warmth. But his mother tells him that he must always be there to take care of his older brother and that she gave birth to him for that purpose.

In that moment, Jo Jae Soo ( Kang Ki Doong) comes home who mentions the incident that occurred between Go Moon Young and her father at the hospital. On learning that they might not be so different, Moon Gang Tae goes to look for Go Moon Young in the rain.

He finds her still walking aimlessly on the street fully drenched. No words were spoken but they could feel the emotions of the other and then they finally fall into each other’s arms.

IT’S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY EPISODE 4 AFTERTHOUGHTS

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay continues to engross with the way it touches upon some of the less talked about topics. The series has so far uncovered the different layers of the main leads.

If the previous episode was about how a person with a manic disorder views the world, this episode showcases how parents can be the root cause of their children’s pain. Episode 4 throws light into sensitive issues like parent’s negligence, favoritism among children and child abuse.

In Gang Tae’s case, his mother was too absorbed in taking care of the needs of the older brother. So, the thought of the younger one suffering never crossed her mind. Imagine being told by your parent that they only brought you to the world because they expected you to do something in return.

As for Moon Young’s father, he really considers her a monster and believes that she deserves to die. For people who are born different, they either receive help or are hated for being a burden. For Moon Young, it was the latter.

The story of Zombie Kid was quite heartbreaking and it makes viewers go through deep thoughts. It seems like each of Moon Young’s stories consists parts of herself.

With Gang Tae and Moon Young discovering a common ground, the future episodes hold a lot of promises. Though the fact still stands that as a person who suffers from antisocial personality disorder, Moon Young is still egoistic and manipulative. But with Gang Tae’s help she might be able to suppress her negative points and bring out the positives.

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay airs every Saturday and Sunday on tvN and is also available on Netflix for streaming.

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-episode-4/

• Like 7

4 hours ago, midflight said:

Exactly. The plot of those stories revolve around infidelity and how it breaks apart a marriage or a family. People defend those because it is an illustration of reality and what happens to the people involved in a broken family.

Why can't we extend the same treatment to a show that depicts a character who is apparently diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder? If you watch the entire series, you would know that her actions are similar to what people with ASPD tend to do. This only goes to show how the society is not yet open to openly address mental health issues, which a lot of people are already struggling with. 

I hope they put a character in the show portraying an actor/actress/idol who is seeking for mental help. That way, the general public will be more aware about the internal struggles of celebrities, idols, and the like. Society tend to be so cruel towards them. One wrong move, and they're immediately cancelled. If we are allowed to make mistakes, why can't they?

Moon-young is right. We are hypocrites.

(On that note, maybe the portrayal of an actor/actress/idol won't have much effect. Would the people who immediately lash out on celebrities for making a small mistake even be watching It's Okay to Not Be Okay, in the first place?)

I also hope that they have an idol/actor/actress character as well.  To me the beauty of this series is that it lets the viewers make their own judgment.  Are you the type that willing to take your time to read and try to understand mental illness or the type that put a label on it and call it a day?  Somehow I feel like there’re viewers bias, like you're expecting what a k-drama supposed to be like but this series employed some of those concept but make you question it/ uncomfortable about it. 

What most people do not know is that mental illness doesn't take a rest or be considerate to the person that's having it.  It's relentless in its pursuit to make you feel a certain ways, at least in my case with mental pain. 

Any who, I really want to join in the discussion but I'm having a hard time putting my thought into words.  Thus far, I love everything about this series, so I'm hoping that they're going to end the series in a satisfying manner, I got let down too many time. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Nam Joo Ri Deciding what to do to keep up with Ko Moon Young :mrgreen: 

** oh yeah Best seller sassy deer milk :D

ezgif-6-296541a14642.gif

Ko Moon Young , you can try :w00t:

15936372171593637196.gif

** these two are so different like milk & vodka :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

30 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

I also hope that they have an idol/actor/actress character as well.  To me the beauty of this series is that it lets the viewers make their own judgment.  Are you the type that willing to take your time to read and try to understand mental illness or the type that put a label on it and call it a day?  Somehow I feel like there’re viewers bias, like you're expecting what a k-drama supposed to be like but this series employed some of those concept but make you question it/ uncomfortable about it. 

Just to add.....

Mental illness like Cancer is a scourge of the earth....like stain or stigma any family wouldn't want to live with. So who would want to marry into a family knowing that their DNA could pass on to the next generation....or inherit a straight jacket perhaps?

It is a daunting task any family will face. We often hear about families make the conscious effort to hide permanently (or banish), if not disown a certified crazy member of their family. This is a very sensitive issue that can confront a mother or a father who will be forever living with this dreadful situation. There will be no peace even after they're already passed, and those left behind will inherit the scourge and carry on. 

Ever wonder why some families decide to abort an unborn child identified with some mental disability?  Not trying to be political...(only because it is an easy example)....  the very admirable case of Sarah Palin (former VP bet) who decided to keep her unborn child identified with a down syndrome. Many will dump/abort that child in a heartbeat.

Which brings me to the point about Gang Tae's mom showing more affection and attention to Sang Tae...because the pain and suffering is staring her in the face...why she instilled or ingrained the point on the young GT....apart from the fact, had the circumstances switched (GT instead of ST)....then GT knows he gets all the love and care from mom as well.

Nevertheless, his mother somehow can feel a sense of trust in young GT... that he would fully understand even if that meant a scar in his heart. And mom was right, as GT carried out the  task mom has started. It is not by accident that GT chose the job as a mental health caregiver. It only exhibited his full commitment, so that he can be fully equipped... mentally, physically and psychologically for the long haul ahead. Which is a very admirable and good example for the viewing public. 

Lastly, it would add clarity if the writer or the production staff have posted a disclaimer somewhere in their literature... stating that a character was seen and diagnosed with certain illness by a certified professional...so as to dispel the propensity of viewers to make their own self diagnosis and/or prognosis about the behavior or illness of a character.  There is more to making/rendering a diagnosis than just ticking boxes from a textbook or web materials.            A caregiver had to look in the person/patient's eyes and ask a battery of questions repeatedly, just an example.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, midflight said:

I'm a bit confused by her mom. In the first episode, Juri gave me the impression that Moon-young's mom is alive, but in the second episode, the characters mention that she's dead. Moon-young's answers are vague as well. 

Regarding what you said about her being in a vegetative state, do you think it is possible that her 'subconscious' is the one threatening Moon-young?

It is possible that her subconscious is the one torturing KMY. 

I am going to go with Mom still alive. When Juri said “but your mother is alive” she was cut off promptly by KMY, who continued to emphasize that she registered her death, putting a stop to further talk about her mother. For someone who hasn’t seen KMY for a long time, Juri wouldn’t be so confident to protest to KMY that her mother is alive unless she knows that for a fact. In those 20 years they haven’t seen each other, a lot of things could happen including death of parents. KMY also claimed to be an orphan, and that Juri knows this already. So I am seeing that’s KMY is in denial stage and prefer to think both her parents are dead. Yes she might have registered her mother’s death, but was it really approved/legalized... probably not. 

• Like 6

It is somewhat surprising that a charge of sexual harassment should be levelled at Mun-yeong but not at Kwon Gi-do for flashing his boy parts and masturbating in front of others. Maybe it's because his arc was done in an amusing way and the root of his mental health issues was highlighted and he was able to garner some sympathy. But it does seem to suggest double-standards. In a show about mental health issues populated by people with mental health problems, sexual harassment would be very low down in my list of concerns. That said, I don't deny that Mun-yeong probably needs help. What's more I think MY herself knows she needs help. That's why she's tethered herself to Gang-tae because she has an inkling that he might be her get-out-of-jail card. "I've found my red shoes"

The other thing that struck me about Kwon Gi-do's arc later is how much it reminded of Hans Christian Andersen's The Emperor's New Clothes. It made me wonder if this was deliberate because Andersen's other works like The Ugly Duckling, Little Mermaid and The Red Shoes have already been referenced in the drama which feels increasingly like a homage to the writer. Emperor's New Clothes is one that has fascinating political parallels because the vain but empty-headed emperor is scammed into believing that his new clothes are magically invisible and none of his subjects dares say anything to contradict that fact. Until a child points out the obvious, that the emperor isn't wearing anything at all.

GD is like that child in the story that points out that his father the assemblyman is essentially a fake because his public persona doesn't match the reality. The assemblyman isn't a good man. There is no substance to the campaigning. The "emperor" there has no clothes. Ironically GD is the one that is often in a state of undress exposing himself publicly as if to say he is the dark secret of the Kwon family that needs to be exposed. His nakedness suggests that he hates living with the lie that the family is a happy one. The family thinks that GD is the embarrassment but in reality the real embarrassment is in how he is treated by them and the attempts by the family to hide him in the skeleton closet.

We see confirmation of the assemblyman's dubious character when he comes storming into the director's office with his henchmen demanding not only an apology from the culprits of his son's escape but also for them to kneel before him like he's the king of the castle. There he throws his weight around in typical Kdrama corrupt official fashion and fortunately for the facility, everything is caught on camera. This man who thinks he's the emperor really has no clothes... has now exposed himself to be the fatuous bully that he is.

For a number of reasons, I was thinking of Peter Pan and the Lost Boys. I won't go into here but I was thinking about a character from Hospital Playlist and contrasting him with Gang-tae. I haven't completely decided if Gang-tae is a kind of Peter Pan or a reverse Peter Pan. Or if Sang-tae is the Peter Pan with Gang-tae and Jae-su as his Lost Boys. At this point I tend to think that Gang-tae is the reverse Peter Pan... The boy who didn't really have a childhood (or wasn't allowed to have one) and the boy in him only knows how to run from place to place. In a way his highly developed sense of responsibility gives the impression that he's very grown up but in some ways he's never grown up. The mysterious Butterfly, a possible nemesis, is analogous to Captain Hook who represents a continuing and imminent danger that sooner or later needs to be confronted. In that sense KSH is a suggestive choice because he looks like he's drunk from the fountain of eternal youth. ;) 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5

34 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It is somewhat surprising that a charge of sexual harassment should be levelled at Mun-yeong but not at Kwon Gi-do for flashing his boy parts and masturbating in front of others.

Actually his flashing was criticized too as sexual harassment. I know at least that is so in some countries outside of SK. Even him using Morning Sun to reference a huge scandal last year was also criticized. It’s like any drama produced has to be politically and socially perfect now. No one talk about the classic works though which also contain a whole lot of social injustice... probably because no one reads them anymore.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@ktcjdrama  question who harassing who :joy:, poor girl she always polite and ask are we having fun or not  , to give him chance to run , but  in the other hand he always run with her thing & invite himself in her car without asking & stop her private bad habits without question  :tounge_wink:

ezgif-6-a66cf79b3561.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Actually his flashing was criticized too as sexual harassment. I know at least that is so in some countries outside of SK. Even him using Morning Sun to reference a huge scandal last year was also criticized. It’s like any drama produced has to be politically and socially perfect now. No one talk about the classic works which also contain a whole lot of social injustice... probably because no one reads them anymore.

Thanks for that.

In the age of cancelled culture and political correctness on steroids, it is not really that surprising. ;) 

A lot of Enid Blyton books have been sanitized or criticised due to the obvious political incorrectness in the content.

I imagine you're referring to works like Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn which contain references to slaves and slavery although Mark Twain himself was quite a progressive individual. There are others too. In Oliver Twist there's a lot of talk of stealing.

I've heard it said that political correctness is killing comedy... and I would add to that... possibly art in general.

A show like this is meant to be provocative and get people thinking. Mental health issues aren't pleasant. I don't think it does it egregiously or gratuitously. I think the show itself is quite aware of the fact that it's making waves... hence the Zombie Kid. It's not surprising that people want it banned. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

The character

Additional info:

Thank you @0ly40 for updating the characters' description on the FIRST PAGE credit goes to @stroppyse for the translation.

:foryou:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

In today’s age of disinformation, media manipulation, or just people taking things without context — I hope that people watches this show and judges for themselves the show’s intention. I don’t think the show will be pressured into self censor as from what I see, there are more people who understands the show’s message and many people praising the show positive portrayal of the people with mental issues.

The show’s intention is very clear to anyone watching the show that it doesn’t support, glorify or romanticize ‘sexual harassment’ behavior. All this said, some people that still thought so may be triggered due to their own past or have their own reasons and that is Ok too. Someone said that the show is leading to discussions - it is a good thing. Hopefully more awareness for everyone about the different POV. It is an important start but long way to go in our societies.

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 3

Honestly, this is such a non issue. And I'm not just saying that as a fan of the drama. Simply portraying something problematic isn't problematic in and of itself. For example when dramas depict murder and other bad/illegal things. No one complains about that. Nowhere does the writing condone or promote this behavior, that's clear if you actually watch it. Moving on. Lol

• Like 10
  • Love 6

Kim Soo-hyun and 'Psycho, but it's okay', achieved 18 million views

After the discharge of Hallyu Star Kim Soo-hyun, it is a 'top' as much as the topic.

On the 2nd, as a result of analysis by Smart Media Rep (SMR), which distributes clip VOD (on-demand video) of major broadcasters to online platforms such as Naver and YouTube, the cumulative number of plays of the tvN weekend drama 'Psycho but It's OK' until the 30th of last month is 18 million, It exceeded 10 million and the average number of views per session was 3.37 million.

The cumulative number of plays of SBS TV's Geumtoge'Convenience Store Starbye' starring another Korean wave star Ji Chang-wook which started a day earlier, is 4.14 million times, and the average number of hits is 750,000 times recorded. 

Since the two dramas faced each other face-to-face as they were broadcast at 9 pm on the weekend of 'Psycho but it's fine' and SBS'Convenience Store' at 10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays, Kim Soo-hyun and Ji Chang-wook, two Korean Wave Star's weekend home theater showdown was a concern. Based on the ratings of the day, 'Convenience Store Morning Star', and online response 'Psycho, but it's okay' predominantly exchanged. 

The two dramas also showed a clear difference in the age of viewing clips. 
In the clip video of 'Psycho but it's okay', the majority share (53%) came from the 20s,  while'Convenience Store' showed a share of 29.9% in the 20s, 24.2% in the 30s and 24.6% in the 40s, It was shown that they were evenly loved by all age groups. 

The psychological ward protector Moon Kang-tae (Kim Soo-hyun) and the anti-social writer Go Moon-young (Seo Ye-ji), who had a childhood life with no dreams and hopes with a scar that was young as'Psycho, but it's okay' Content. Seo Ye-ji, who has accumulated acting skills by crossing the positive pole and the sitcom, showed a sweet and bloody melodrama, and Kim Soo-hyun, who returned to the drama in 5 years, was evaluated to express Moon Kang-tae's three-dimensional character well in the play with deeper sensibility. 

In addition, Moon Kang-Tae has an autism spectrum (ASD) and takes care of his brother Moon (Oh Jung-se) trapped in his own world and shows 'Brother Bromans'. The 'strategy' of the drama production team is also hidden in the online craze of 'Psycho, but it's okay'. The production team made online 'highlight videos' for about 10 minutes each time, and in the second week, '5 minutes summary' videos containing the contents of the previous week helped viewers who did not watch the broadcast quickly understand the drama. 

Thanks to such efforts, the '1st Highlight' video broke through a million views and became the most viewed video. Then, the first scene of Go Moon-young in the play was the second highest with 630,000 views. Seo Ye-ji eagerly broke the prejudice that the young fan had 'unconditionally good' and revealed the way of thinking of Ko Moon-young among the plays with antisocial personalities. 

The following was a comic performance of three protagonists who recorded 570,000 plays. Kim Soo-hyun and Oh Jeong-se, who responded differently to Seo Ye-ji's dry aegyo, provoked viewers' laughter.

https://www.ajunews.com/view/20200702082228581

[Photo = tvN provided]

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone! It's been forever since I've logged onto Soompi. I had to make a new account cause for the life of me I can't remember the email/password combo I used to use. BUT THIS DRAMA has me hooked and I REALLLY wanted to talk to people about it lol. I'm already loving some of your conversations and analysis as I back read. I hope to contribute too soon!

I really love this couple. Their chemistry is INSANE and there is so much depth to their characters. Desperately waiting for more episodes now. 

Spoiler

The funny thing is I just cancelled my Netflix's sub since I'm on much but now I HAVE to renew again cause of this show :sweatingbullets: 

Edit

I actually have a question! Does anyone know how I can download episodes to make edits? I know I can't download directly off netflix but youtube doesn't have the full episodes. 

I started making edits for some Turkish shows I watch but I want to make more for IONTBO and other Kdramas. If anyone knows....any help would be appreciated. I've been screen recording Dailymotion videos of the episodes but its very time consuming. 

If you want to watch the first edit I made the link is in the spoiler. I tried my best with what I could get but I couldn't get rid of the logo on the top :mellow: 

Spoiler

MV 

watch till the end for the twist :D^_^

Edited by kaddict
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Before I touch on other subjects, I want to discuss about the flower symbols in this drama. So far, we have a mention of ‘magnolias’ by MY. And the mention of ‘dandelions’ by KSH and SYJ from the press con/interview. I did a full research on both flowers but so much different meanings on what each flowers mean and symbolizes. So, I will go to my basic roots and provide what I think these two flowers mean in this drama and to the characters. Honestly, I think these flowers pertains more to MY/KT more than the drama itself.

As a child, when I use to walk home from school almost every day, I remember passing by a large white magnolia tree growing outside of a neighbor’s front yard. Every time the flowers grew, I would stop and admire its beauty (not knowing it was actually a magnolia tree until much later on). This flower grew together and when it fell off the branch, fell in one piece. Not petals by petals. I rarely saw this flower fall because it was always on the tree. But when it did fall, it fell as one flower. And died as one flower.

This is what MY means when she mentions that she likes magnolias because they fall in one piece. It grew as a whole and died as a whole. It can actually symbolize how she feels inside. Her emotions are actually summed up pretty well because she knows how she feels inside as a whole. This can be why she is able to see what KT hides from inside of himself. Magnolias withstand climates quite strongly hence are known for their endurance. If we use this flower to symbolize MY, it can come to symbolize the endurance of her long-term mentality. It’s a beautiful flower with a long endurance. 

Dandelions..we all know this flower as a kid. And I think that’s exactly what this flower represents to KT. He mentions in an interview that the dandelion modifies how he feels toward his brother and a girl dandelion is MY.

Dandelions are known as a flower-like sun for its appearance before it becomes the dandelion we all blow on. It is a beautiful flower that represents light and warmth. To KT, his brother is like that. ST is a kid in an adult mind. Yet, ST is KT’s light and warmth. So he always hopes that he will stay that way towards his brother and vice versa. KT is a dandelion himself. He puts other before him and always emits a positive light wherever he goes. He is the golden-sun himself.

However, dandelions are actually a type of weed and grows everywhere. Farmers and gardeners want to get rid of it all the time. Even home owners don’t like having such weeds around. I remember my dad always mowing the lawn when dandelions come out. He specifically told me ‘it kills his grass’ lol. I honestly couldn’t see why but hey, who am I to argue when I don’t mow the lawn :lol: 

Back to the point..it can be quite a bothersome to have weeds growing around other plants. This can represent how he feels internally about his brother. It is also clear that not everyone can accept his brother for how he is. Hence the scene in the beginning and the book signing scene. Society have trouble accepting ST. KT loves his brother, no doubt. But being a caregiver for so long is beginning to burden his shoulders. At a young age, he has forgotten how  and what it was like to be a kid. He doesn’t even know how to relax and breathe. He is always on the move and working. He had to grow up and take on a big responsibility. He is reminded of his mother and how she told him he bore him to take care of his brother. I can’t help but feel that he wants to get rid of this responsibility. He wants the responsibility to be lighter because it is so heavy on him. But he believes no one can take it off of him, or share it with him equally, nor can he just pass it on. Very heartbreaking because I personally want KT to experience a sense of freedom from his pains and responsibilities.

But it is said that when the dandelions no longer have the golden sun, they become a small collection of weed that looks like a flower. Legend goes that if one can blow out a dandelion in one breath, a wish will be granted. As a kid, who didn’t  pluck out a dandelion to blow on it and watch it fly away with a smile? I know I did it all the time. Dandelions remind us of our inner child. One plucks out dandelion to blow out of joy, and one plucks it out to test the legend. We all know it’s very hard to blow out the dandelion in one breath. Yet, it represents hope. When it flies away, it’s a sense of good-bye. When you blow on it to see if a wish will be granted, it’s a sense of hope. To KT, MY represents a girl dandelion. Simply because the dandelion will belong to KT. We don’t often place a gender on a flower unless we want it to be ours personally. Hence, to KT, MY will become his light and warmth, and his hope. Perhaps, even his guide to saying good-bye to how he felt as a child, and an acceptance to who he really is. Overall though, MY will become his dandelion. Let the healing begin for these two. We know it will begin with both of them.

:happydance:

@glory @ruminati0n i tagged you both too since you guys asked if there are any connections to the drama with these flowers :D

• Like 11
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@glory @ruminati0n i tagged you both too since you guys asked if there are any connections to the drama with these flowers :D

wow beautiful take! thank you so much for your effort to answer our questions! :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Seo Ye-ji Shows Off Distinctive Style in "It's Okay to Not Be Okay"

EbnOwFMVAAAmT-W?format=jpg&name=large

While the ratings for "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" were static in their second week, "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" continues to draw attention online for its unique visual aesthetic. Lead actress Seo Ye-ji in particular has been emblematic of this aesthetic, often wearing several wildly different outfits over the course of a single episode. And even this doesn't get into her use of accessories or alterations in her makeup.

These stylistic flourishes are all part and parcel for her character. Seo Ye-ji plays a very cold and manipulative woman who deliberately cultivates an aura of attractiveness in order to draw in the leading man played by Kim Soo-hyun. The problem is that, as a bonafide psychopath, there's a genuinely frightening aspect to her manner that frequently feels at odd with her high class wardrobe.

EbptYGWWoAIT0e5?format=jpg&name=large

This gives the changes to Seo Ye-ji's appearance an unsettling vibe, as if her character is experimenting with different means with which she can manage to attract unwitting prey. The distinctive fashion, in any case, makes an impression even without the proper narrative context.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-seo-ye-ji-shows-off-distinctive-style-in-it-s-okay-to-not-be-okay-142830.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fan art. Credit as shown.

Ebp0oqGXYAQXcEY?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 11
  • Love 6