[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

This drama is the best now it get me from the first seconds of first episode and not letting go.

i want to know why MY's mom so hated her? Why if they was so in love with her husband or not? Maybe MY was not child of love but results of some cruel actions? And for mom she was like a monster.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

new episode and even more mysterious!!!

everything about this drama is so dark and mysterious. the dialogues and the subtle hints which i've observed after re-watching the episodes, made this drama even more interesting. the most common words they use make so much sense and have such dark meaning behind it. this new episode brought even more crazier side of MY (i'm here for it tho). she's dangerous and blunt. she literally helped a maniac escape like GIRLLLL. but i don't get one thing, why hasn't MY addressed her ASPD till now? i guess most of the people have noticed this and it's still one of the biggest mysteries of the drama but something definitely seems so off. even the CEO hasn't addressed it properly. the only person to mention about her ASPD was the critic who probably had a close relationship with her mom. this really makes me wonder if she really has ASPD or not. her behavior says yes but every time she does something crazy to help others, it has always been meaningful. her helping a maniac escape was crazy since the beginning but looking back at his story, her decision to help turned out to be something impactful. is it her fate or is it her true intention? i personally think it's her intention. she views the world and the people, the way it is. she helps people in her own dark and twisted way and humiliates the people who humiliate others. she is unbiased. i also think she has a soft spot for people with some mental disorders or traumas. with KT, she's brutally honest and i like it. KT is the person that puts up a facade to hide his true persona (he is sweet and caring but also mysterious). i also like the fact that MY is able to read him like a book despite knowing him for a limited time. this makes me question if MY also has the side she keeps hidden like KT (the soft side of her perhaps). MY has somewhat brought the vulnerable side of KT whereas he has brought the soft side of her (as it seems). they're similar yet different. but also people with ASPD aren't completely heartless as well. it can also be cured to some extent. i hope they address her ASPD soon (if she does have it) and i also hope she seeks some help before it's too late as ignoring her condition is the worst thing they could do. if not, it'd be a major plot twist.

Edited by glory
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Did you like me ?

Do you want sex from me ? 
Would you sleep with me ? 
Tomorrow , just tell me 

oh u such a decoder of our teacher subliminal messages:bashful:

3c498c17ce2e9ea15ca8be8cca443fa84dfae04c

51c575026b9b2217cf5bcbd3156d94a7f0f2a318

cr. renjuna tumblr

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Keep the goodies coming!

@Ahpheng Love this last set of photo collages. What a contrast she looks sweet and innocent here! :transforms:

Unlike the prior set being all pervy (cannot blame her) over the chocolate abs! Lol.:machocat: 
@jaslinnj Loved your thoughts and comments on the OTP. Wow awesome! She triggers him to react when yes you are right he removes his emotions to maintain his distance. Bravo! :yay: Their mildang /push and pull is real! Love it!

@Ameera Ali Lol JR wanting KT to have meat. Lol aww sad he (the friend) likes her but she likes KT. Sigh ! But cannot blame her! Now did she love the eyeful she got thanks to MY? :omg: Then the jealousy because MY got more action than her with KT who keeps her at arms length. :fiercebunny:

@bairama MY looks so gorgeous in that leather corset like contraption here staring at KT like a delicious snack here as well. :foodie3: KT is a total SNACK!

i know I am delaying viewing gratification but the posts are so fun to read! Thanks everyone !

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Ameera Ali Yup MG is a bulldozer trying to get her way! Mad respect & props! Kkkkkk :lollipop:But we know KT is going to fight her with all he got before succumbing to her constant assaults it seems like (since I haven’t watched the episode yet) . 

@bairama Awww MG quotes. Lol.:selfie:

She does have interesting attention attracting lines indeed! So no holds barred! 

• Like 4

@stroppyse I found that scene really sad also. I kept hoping that he would show up at her house for real and bring her food. I suppose I'll have to wait a few more episodes for that to happen though. :lol: 

I have to say, I like the little snippets we get at the end of the episodes showing us a scene from another person's POV but my favorite scene is the ending of episode one. That's where the show officially hooked me and I couldn't stop watching. The flashbacks of them as children, coupled with his speech was just.... perfection!

Spoiler

What is with the butterflies though? I keep wondering if the "butterfly" that ST keeps referring to is MY's mother. If she had the same tendencies as MY, and was beautiful to book [which is an established fact] then it makes sense that she could have committed some heinous crime, took her own life and then the professor tried to kill MY/himself to escape the shame of being related to such a person. 

Can't wait for the newest ep! 

26 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I know that MY is very insistent and focused on getting what she wants, but I have to admit I still really disliked it when MY went to the her cursed house and fell asleep hungry while KT was having his cozy rooftop barbeque with his family, the 2nd FL, and her mother. When MY finally gives herself a butterfly hug, imagining that it's KT who is holding her, it just made me really, really sad for her.

That scene transition was so powerful. It really put the emphasis on how lonely MY is. And then dream sequence was shot so beautifully... barely any lines were said but their eyes did all the acting for them. 

I love the chemistry we've been getting from MY+KT but they really are acing their solo scenes!! No one is carrying anyone in this drama. SooHyun and Yeji are matching each others intensity when they're together and when they're alone. 

• Like 10

Naver TV Top 100
—  23 clips of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay are trending right now on Naver TV. All of the 19 new clips from Episode 3 that tvN uploaded are currently on the Top 100 videos —

NO 1, 4-8, 11, 14, 16, 19-23, 25, 30, 37, 41, 44, 57, 64, 72, 79

2020.06.28  “Psycho Kim Soo Hyun-Seo Ye Ji” is trending NO 10 on Naver Entertainments-Sports Section

Episode 3  'It's Okay To Not Be Okay has its rerun at 12:16 am KST and it got 1.9% ratings in Seoul
The drama’s biggest audience is the Metropolitan Seoul

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Episode 3 was quiet emotional, I cried at least twice ;__; I've seen people being uncomfortable by MY's behaviors ,as in her advances to GT, some even goes as far as calling it 'sexual harassment'..well are they speakin for GT or just for themselves. while i can't speak for the victims out there or how people feel bc for me if you feel being harassed then you have every right to say so. back to MY, i'm not using her APD as an excuse but i feel some people ignore that and put their usual standards on her. She literally pushed a guy down the stair, almost stabbed a man, that alone should have been a huge alarm and signal on her character/personality. MY clearly doesn't know boundaries or follow society rules. Everyone acting nice and polite doesn't mean they're all nice and don't have hatre. Some scrutinized her and people watching her as if we all condone her actions. and i just find it funny how the same people are actually finding Juri interesting, for what, for her affection towards GT? for how 'sane' she is compared to the unusual MY? it's the niceness that kinda irk with me, you never know what those people are thinking for real behind that smiling face. Anyway, personally i don't feel the drama glamorizing MY doing, actually they emphasize it as an abnormality/derange, looking at how people around her react to her or the fans reaction to her rude behaviors. They present MY as how she is, blunt and straightforwards, crude and has no filter. Actually only the patients, the 'crazy' ones are listening to her and the ultimate message she gave to them is to be 'happy', accept the reality and get a hold of yourself. 

I really like how MY has called out GT multiple times. it's interesting to note how she question him why he's only angry whenever he see her, certainly bc only with her he can be like that. He never showed any other feeling towards his brother beside caring, worry, like to a child, he forgot ST is a person with his own identity, like and dislikes. while neglecting that GT also repressed himself into believing that's how he should live. His mother told him so, and he wanted to feel love and wanted by her. I'm already sad from what we saw of his childhood which was completely robbed off. The convenience store scene where we see adult MY chatting with young GT, as in soothing his pain. to me MY has that she can see through people heart and she'll react to it according to her interest, but without prejudgment. She doesn't care about etiquettes bc it's meaningless, we're all hypocrite and it's okay. MY wanted GT to know it's fine to have desire for sth without reason, it's fine to be frustrated, to be angered, to complain about it, to talk to somebody and build a relationship with someone. You just gotta have to deal with it face on, accept who you are and how some things are just out of your control. For me this drama is a journey of acceptation your destiny. Everyone has their own story and burden, the society norms make people turn away from those who don't fit in. but we're all crazy in some way or other, nobody is perfect, why should we look at others or care about their feeling first before our own?

I admit i don't know much about the mental disorders presented in the drama but in no way i felt the drama was making fun of it or use it on comical purpose. if anything they try to make it as light and easy as possible for viewers to watch and relate. Their parallel portrayals of what the patient see and how their reality look like, how they also have their story to tell that we outsiders can resonate. I shed tears during GD speech, it was so heartfelt and poignant. and in the epilogue, GT sudden realization that what he thinks is doin good for GD isn't actually what he wants. what he thinks is acceptable by society actually doesn't suit with him, so are we goin to live for them or for ourself? 

ohmy what this drama is doin to me ^^,, 

The next ep looks like another turning point in our leads relationship. What MY did with ST that made GT angry again? idk what to expect, even though part of me is worried she's gonna cross the line(again) and hurt ST along the way, i really hope i'm wrong. I didn't discuss enough about MY own situation, when she's tormented by her nightmares really made me sad. even more when she had to turn to an imaginary GT to hold onto. The next morning, when she looks at the mirror and her expression changed, like she wouldn't let that side of her be shown. only the strong and fierce MY is allowed to get out. i hope she'll get the help she needs, either it be GT or someone/ sth else. I think her purchase after GT is also her silent cry for help but for now he doesn't recognize it or simply he's too charged with his own demons to see it. i hope he will soon.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I really love this show because the supposed "normal" people are actually portrayed in such way that you can't help questioning the definition of normality. Here,  their normality is actually a flaw, it was as if in fact they were not right in their mind:

- the father who grabbed MST's hair although the man had done nothing as giving some explanations about the dinosaur.

- The politician who abused his son for not being so smart like the others and neglected him because of that

The lies, the selfishness, the prejudices and the hypocrisy are what define these so called normal persons. They might be mentally normal but they have no heart in reality. 

And I suspect that Juri is quite similar to them. Behind her smiles and gentleness, I sense her selfishness and arrogance. She condemns MY for neglecting her father since she is not acting as expected as a guardian. Yuri but doesn't want to understand why MY is so distant from her father. All of them lack empathy which is not true for MY.

She is definitely right about the fairy tales... these stories teach lessons about the world and it is not about a happy ending. The Ugly duckling reveals the intolerance for people who are different, criticizes the stigmatization and the bullying as such. The ending of this story is that despite the harshness of life, the outcast can turn into a good and beautiful person due to his persistence. I also think that MY's decision was right for the politician's son as his speech liberated him from his father's shadow where he could reveal his father's true colors. On the other hand, MY's recklessness will have consequences for MKT as he was the one responsible. The injustice MKT suffers could cause an outburst... because so far, MKT had never expressed his frustration and anger in front of others, except MY. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

And now I am wondering about the butterfly scene again. I had another idea.

We know that MST has nightmares because of the butterflies and each year they have to move. MKT said that because of his brother, he can't develop any friendship and can't have any relationship. What if MST saw the interaction between MY and MKT and understood the meaning? 

Maybe MS felt that MKT would distance himself from him if he loves someone else... Since he had been used to be MKT's center of attention, he sensed that the appearance of a woman in their life would endanger his position so unconsciously he made sure that his brother would never get close to any woman. I am not saying that MST does it on purpose but he is driven by his unconscious. And this would explain why MST adores MY so much as a writer because if he likes her, then MKT is not allowed to love her. He knows that MKT would prioritize him.

This theory came to my mind because of the van. MST's decision to buy a van reflects his awareness of MKT's longing: getting settle down and having a home. However, by buying a camping car, the autistic man ensures that MKT will never get close to any woman and have his own family. Let me know what you think about it.

@triplem  @vangsweetie637 @bedifferent 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Insightful 5

Hello Everyone

just wanna say hi and nice to meet you all

this is my first post in soompi's forum eventhough i've been lurking here since few years ago :D

Ps : I'm working on improving my English, sorry if there are some mistakes

anyway,does anyone know when The Swoon will upload promo material for this drama? like couch talk or play jenga

• Like 6
  • Love 3

hahaha she definitely wanted her hands on that.

U5fDzkx.jpg

G3P7Aad.jpg

This just made me LOL at everything that had to do with this patient.

Spoiler

IBFYYa3.jpg

Her outfit for this episode.....sooo hot...LEGS PLEASE!

crbN2C4.png

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, phikyl said:

@stroppyse I found that scene really sad also. I kept hoping that he would show up at her house for real and bring her food. I suppose I'll have to wait a few more episodes for that to happen though. :lol: 

That was sad indeed. But i think the show is trying to show as vibidly as possible that GT does not want to be involved with her and trying to avoid that as much as possible.

It will be a difficult relationship as he already has a lot of responsibilities. Though I do want to see what will MY be like in a relationship or once she gets "what she wants" !

@bebebisous33 hey! Interesting theory but as of what I could get and think: butterfly is directly related tl the murder and MY's background.i dont think anyone but MY and GT know of the little boy following the young girl. Also at that time, the brothers mom was alive so GT wouldnt be the primary caretaker. Then as of episode 3, i think GT isnt sure if MY is that young girl and even if she is, he wants to stay away. 

I want to hear the zombie story written by MY and tales that fascinate the elder brother. That could help decode some stuff. But am also thinking that maybe they dont want too many references so the first two fairy tales writtem by MY are all we will have to get a roadmap of the story.

Will be catching up on all the posts on and off. So, i am not sure if I have added anything to the discussion but I have liked what they have done to the series and I hope drama gods can deliver entertainment till the end. Crossing my fingers.

• Like 9

Hii.. just dropping by to say that I really love this drama. Love the female lead and the character she portrayed :sparklyeyes:

Makes me realized that people with personality disorder have a different way of thinking and they are just being true to themselves.

• Like 6
  • Love 2