[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

22 minutes ago, raziela said:

Agreed.  I was hoping to see more of her:tears:

I can't wait to see his artwork.   I also loved how well the hospital director interacted with him.

I understand that but a relationship that is built only on accommodating the demands and emotions of only one half of the couple is not a relationship.  KT is uncomfortable with a lot of her actions and I don't think it's fair that his feelings should be set aside because of her disorder.  She is exhausting and, frankly, I think dealing with MY as she is now would just be another burden to  KT on top of his responsibility for his brother.  He deserves more than that.

Some ASPD sufferers can have meaningful behavioral change through therapy and commitment so it's not impossible. i don't think MY's ASPD is so severe that this would be possible for her. MY's never cared enough to try to make changes before but I would like to see her try for KT.  I do agree that they will both teach other many things.

oh yes I agree with you re that MY has to change ( I just highlighting that it will be hard and the show has kept it organic re her change - she can’t change too abruptly or it will feel fake). I agree that she shouldn’t be another burden for KT but thus far, she is being herself. She will have to be the one who wants to change even if for KT etc.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I got hot because I had been running for a while...

And I ended up here again.

:heartbreak:

and the camera pans to KT who's eyes basically scream helplessness and it's heartbreaking to see that he's relating his own life story to that of someone who has been diagnosed with mental illness - a patient he's responsible for. He basically just heard someone put into words what he feels on a daily basis and it caught him off guard because he had never thought about it that way until he heard it. 

This feeling is reiterated to us viewers in the last scene where he imagines himself as uninhibited and carefree as the politician's son. THAT is what he's yearning for. We've seen that he was robbed of his childhood - he had to very quickly change into a parental figure for his older brother, someone you would expect to have been 'a shoulder to lean on' but circumstances have it that he had to undertake the whole burden of not only caring for a vulnerable sibling and himself but also constantly restraining himself around his autistic brother so as not to trigger a negative response.

and then we have MY. At the moment she is just what KT needs - someone to push him to the edge, someone who brings out a side of him he keeps hidden around his brother and even his friend JS (god bless him). It's interesting to see how their dynamic works, the push and pull of it. In the beginning of the first episode, the animation showed us that she accidentally hooked onto the small boy and he ended up following her everywhere. It's almost paradoxical now that she's the one tagging behind him - it started out as pure fascination, then she started becoming curious about him, and after he outrightly rejected her, she WANTS him. She's almost childlike that way - taking a toy away from a child will only make them want it more and that is MY in a nutshell. 

However, I agree with some of you that say MY and KT should not get together so early into the show. In my opinion, that would be the easy and lazy route to take and from what I've seen so far with the writing, that couldn't be further from the truth. Yes I get they have amazing palpable tension every single time they're in a scene together and YES I personally cannot wait for them to ____ as well but! So far the show has been highlighting the pertinent areas of mental illnesses and how society still stigmatises them and could not care less to understand them in a general sense. But they're also doing it right to show that people who look seemingly normal on the face of it (MY and KT) may both have emotional and mental scars that run far deeper and more innate that usually get ignored because they do not portray it in a 'traditional sense' as per someone like ST.

I've always believed that everyone in this world lives on the spectrum, depending on relative circumstances, your position will shift accordingly. No one is truly sane.

On that note: 

:love:

2ae1d8561c8d00de346224f0f537e288bf4930d4

55621faa45d4965c8b446c8083a47bb77d0ad3b2

Cred. Tumblr (@jsutaphase)

• Like 15
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

she is definitely hungggrrrreeeeh to order chocolate sweetness protein bar~

Sadly Oppa isn’t available for delivery :joy:

or she would enjoy eating oppa alive in her mysterious home & throw the key  :D

ezgif-5-274e23fb4a35.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi guys, i am late into the game but i am here only after Ep 1 (lol)! So far i am loving the premise where they made use of a fairy tale ( i presume) to draw viewers into the actual story setting? And i really love how this story revolves around mental issues, which is often neglected but has been gaining awareness in the recent years. While many of us appears to be normal, but deep down i guess everyone has their own mental struggles, be it of different extents. I can see (or at least i feel) this drama will be a healing one already. While i feel it won't "normalize" people's views on mental well-being, i believe it does brings about more awareness on mental issues, latent or not and hopefully assure us that having mental issues isn't something to be ashame of. I like that it also brings us to insights of working is the psychiatric ward and how these workers are patient and noble in the dealing and healing of these patients. :) i have to watch more to find out, but this is just my two cents based on Ep 1 lmao. 

Anw, SYJ is so pretty?? And she is totally slaying her gothic styling and of course her normal styling(? sorry im still at Ep 1). I love her voice!!!! While i do not have much knowledge on ASD, i think she is doing a pretty decent one portaying actions opposite to the norm. Also love her deep voice which i think it's kinda soothing and maybe "witch-like", probably something she wants to portray as well since she acts the opposite of the norms. And they showed glimpse of her past where her Dad actually tried to kill her? probably she's suffering from PTSD or sorts that led her to developing ASD somehow  (or maybe not). Not an expert here but probably need to watch more to find out.

Next off, yas KSH is finally back (tho we caught glimpse of his cameos in HDL & CLOY). And yay for him finally pairing with someone that is around his age!!! Both their visuals match so well, i can't wait to see how their r/s unravel. AND THOSE ABS DAYUM, boy has been working out :wub:  but it's definitely touching how he cherishes his brother despite his mental issues. Maybe he took up psychology just so he could get closer to the brother? 

and got to say MST is doing a great job portraying an autistic kid so far? That's real solid acting there!! I wonder what is the back story behind those butterflies? That said, i will continue watching to catch up to the latest episodes !! 

Anw, nice to meet everyone here :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Yes, episode 3 was really good!!!!! This show is so promising and I really cannot wait to see how this story will unfold!

Episode 3 had a few pieces that reminded me of The Haunting of Hill House (castel/house, the scene of where the main female lead had sleep paralysis and saw a "monster/her mother", and how the mother was mentally ill). For those who have seen The Haunting of Hill House, did you notice these similarities?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ayang23 said:

Yes, episode 3 was really good!!!!! This show is so promising and I really cannot wait to see how this story will unfold!

Episode 3 had a few pieces that reminded me of The Haunting of Hill House (castel/house, the scene of where the main female lead had sleep paralysis and saw a "monster/her mother", and how the mother was mentally ill). For those who have seen The Haunting of Hill House, did you notice these similarities?

YESSSS. OMG when her mother was 'floating' above her!! They had a scene just like that in THOHH.

And yes it was sleep paralysis. I see so many people initially thinking it's some supernatural occurrence - understandable. Even the main entrance of the house with the staircase - all reminiscent of Hill House! 

Love the references!

ALSO.

New stills!

Ebksy5YVAAAzFtr?format=jpg&name=smallEbkszA4UEAA9baR?format=jpg&name=small

Ebk1do2XQAE9rXi?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by blademan
  • Like 12
  • Love 5

26 minutes ago, ayang23 said:

Yes!! I am a huge fan of HoHH and have seen it at least 3 times lol. I thought of it as what a location of trauma can do to a person and how so very brave of her to go there solo!! 

RE sleep paralysis - maybe too TMI

Spoiler

I had sleep paralysis before and often and it came when I was stressed and studying hard since middle school into high school. Being Asian, I am aware of the supernatural stories that tries to explain it and thus, I was never really afraid because I didn’t believe in ghosts. 

Then in high school in the US, my best friend got into witch craft books and did a whole bunch of things we weren’t suppose to do. We were idiots. She was trying to test if it was real etc. I can only say that one incident happened and sometimes strange things occur to this day that I can’t explain. I try to be logical and reasonable but now believe there are some things we don’t know. While I was living in Japan - an incident happen that is similar to sleep paralysis but then it wasn’t because I was awake. I woke up to get some water and hop back into my futon and then it happened. As soon as I laid down - trying to get back to sleep - boom. Body locked and an entity was nearby. Because of these incidents, I understand now why so many scary movies debate whether people who see ghosts are having mental lapse or is it something that science won’t be able to explain. 

• Like 4

Hi All!

ok since busy Saturday, I will watch ep 3 & 4 back to back later!  So your goodies , screen caps etc are soooooo appreciated! @blademan @Ameera Ali @Ahpheng

Dang on those chocolate abs - hubba hubba! I cannot wait to watch!

@bairama I agree delay the OTP from getting together too fast indeed.

:omg:

I am drooling here and been replaying that funny clip many times already lol. I def can join the pervy club! Hehehe. :ilike:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, ayang23 said:

I was trying to read the title of the book that was over MY bed and now that you mention the The hauting of hill house I searched the book in Korean and I think that this is the book.

40107474.jpg

• Like 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

The show is getting better and more interesting with each episode. While we started thinking that MY was the complex character in the show...ep 3 showed us that KT is just as complex a character and has a lot of suppressed emotions. While MY is haunted by her trauma in her dreams, KT has to deal with his fears and suppressed emotions in reality and every day without any outlet. 

it looks like MY is becoming that outlet that he needs. He gets angry at her and doesn’t hesitate to show his moods .... thIs is the one emotion that he can’t show his brother or anyone else. Which is why I feel MY asking KT “why do you always get angry at me, while you smile at others” Is such an important question. It is cause he never shows that emotion and that itself makes her special to him. We have seen instances where KT gets angry but doesn’t show it...

1) when MY puts her cigarette in his cup, he crushes the cup but is sort of polite to her 

2) When his brother gets kicked out of the school, he just smiles it off

but am so happy that MY is aggressive in her chasing him that he is forced to show his true emotions to her and he is slowly going to get more and more attached to her without even him realising it. Her lack of subtlety is what KT needs right now. Compare MY to JR. Joo Ri has liked KT for such a long time but he is so distant with her. JR seems to be waiting for KT to make a move But with MY no matter how much he runs, she will always chase him. :wub:

I can’t wait for KT to be the one doing all the chasing cause let’s admit it.... he is going to chase MY when he finally can admit his true feelings. :wub:

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

13 minutes ago, jaslinnj said:

The show is getting better and more interesting with each episode. While we started thinking that MY was the complex character in the show...ep 3 showed us that KT is just as complex a character and has a lot of suppressed emotions. While MY is haunted by her trauma in her dreams, KT has to deal with his fears and suppressed emotions in reality and every day without any outlet. 

I agree! 
Their characters are really interesting. Nothing is what it seems, they are complex.

I am eager to watch their characters development and how they will be building their relationship .

I am hooked with this drama!

:cutekitty:

Ahhh... and I cannot unsee those choco-abs!!

:coolshades:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, yonosoydulce said:

I was trying to read the title of the book that was over MY bed and now that you mention the The hauting of hill house I searched the book in Korean and I think that this is the book.

I read the book in English and recommend it as well as the Netflix series. It is a psychological + supernatural story - a classic. Happy to see this show pay homage to it with MY’s house, history and trauma. 

• Like 5