Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Current Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

@YongZura⁷ OMG love HEIZE and when I heard the song I thought it was her. YESH! :Megathanks: @stella77 Thanks for the MV.

Gosh at work and I have to wait for tonight til I can watch ep 2. I am late on the train but glad to be on board. Love KSH.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

조재수 (강태 친구, 자영업)

강기둥

강태에게 팔 하나쯤 떼어 줄 수 있는 유일무이 절친. 때려죽여도 문강태 편. 강태가 형과 함께 전국을 떠돌던 청소년시절, 치킨배달을 함께하며 우정을 키운 사이. 한없이 가벼운 존재감. 단 3초도 입을 다물지 못하는 공포의 주둥이.

양계장집 아들답게 어려서부터 닭만 먹어 그런가, 닭대가리. 그래도 내 친구 배 곯는 꼴은 보기 싫어 요식업을 떠나지 못하는 의리남. 강태가 가는 곳이면 전국팔도 어디든 따라가는 붕어똥. 그래서 둘이 그렇고 그런 사이로 오해받기도..! 

하필 그때 상태가 “재수씨!”라고 불러주면, 남들은 그 재수씨가 ‘제수씨’인 줄 알고 정말 묘한 눈으로 둘을 쳐다보기도..! 근데 또 그 시선 즐길 줄 아는, 인생 모든 게 낙(㦡)인 참 해맑고 유쾌한 녀석.

A translation:

Jo Jae Su (Kang Tae’s friend, self-employed)
  Kang Ki Doong

Kang Tae’s one and only best friend who can be like a right arm for Kang Tae. Even if you beat him, he will be on Moon Kang Tae’s side. In the times when Kang Tae was moving around the country with his brother, they developed a friendship while delivering fried chicken together. A light spirit without any angst or grudges. However, a terror of a chatterer who can’t keep his mouth shut for even 3 seconds.

As befitting the son of a chicken farm, was it because he only ate chicken from a young age, a chicken head. (me: this phrase means that he’s a bit of a scatterbrain, similar in spirit to the English saying “chicken with its head cut off”) Still, a loyal man who can’t bear to see his friend go hungry, so can’t leave his side. Following along to wherever in the country that Kang Tae goes. But that’s why they get misunderstood to be in “that” kind of a relationship…! (me: meaning people may think that KT and JS are in a gay relationship)

As it happens, just at those times, Sang Tae would call out “Jae Su-sshi!” to him, so others thought that that “Jae-su-sshi" meant “jea su-sshi” and looked at them with strange looks…! Still, able to laugh at those times, he is a happy and open guy for whom everything in life just happens.

Note: “jea su” is the title that a man calls the wife of his younger brother, whereas "Jae Su" is a word that means lucky, but the words are pronounced the same, though the spelling in Korean is a little different. So, the Korean word for younger sister in law can be written "jae su", even though to try to differentiate it, I've written as "jea su" in this post.

So, from this, it seems that Jae Su is just a really good person and a good friend who decided to move around with KT and ST once he had met them to help them out because he could see that KT needed help. This makes me wonder whether once KT and ST are able to settle down somewhere, JS will then truly look to find his own path.

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Are we allowed to post the MV for the OST here? Just found Heize’s song for it.

It's fine to embed YT videos here, at least for the moment. The only embed that is not allowed right now is Instagram and that is because of some legal action happening in the US. Even with Instagram, you can post a link to the Instagram, you just can't embed.

The other embedding type restriction is that members can't quote images, videos, gifs, etc. in their posts. Images that are contained within the quoted material have to be deleted.

Hope this makes sense, and let me (or any other moderator) know if you have any questions about this (or anything else). This is all spelled out in greater detail in the Forum rules, btw, if you want to go take a look at it as a refresher.

Thanks for posting the vid!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 16

@YongZura⁷ sorry I am forgetting things today - was a crazy day! I remember now you did and I watched it too. But for some reason, I didn’t remember today ... sigh. The lyrics are so lovely and it is from KT’s POV? 

thank you so much @stroppyse for the kind and nice breakdown! I wasn’t active so much before because of work but due to pandemic I have more time etc. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Thanks a lot, @stroppyse!

I laughed so much at this one:

"As befitting the son of a chicken farm, was it because he only ate chicken from a young age, a chicken head. (me: this phrase means that he’s a bit of a scatterbrain, similar in spirit to the English saying “chicken with its head cut off”) " :D:D:D 

This explains the fried chicken. 

We also need to know why he gets drunk only when he's drinking with a woman. :P 

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

@stroppyse :Megathanks: omg he is such a pure and awesome friend in Jo Jae Su. So glad he is there for the brothers. I love the actor. He imbues alot in his roles. Just in the one episode , he is so cute with them. I love that they can rely on each other and have their own family. 

I have the Heize song on repeat --thank god working alone in the office. Such a lovely song! Her voice is amazing and glad I got to hear her live twice in USA here at KCON LA and KCON NY. 

• Like 12

7 hours ago, stella77 said:

@YongZura⁷ sorry I am forgetting things today - was a crazy day! I remember now you did and I watched it too. But for some reason, I didn’t remember today ... sigh. The lyrics are so lovely and it is from KT’s POV? 

@stella77 Don't worry, it's a different MV. :heart4: Yes, it does seem to be from his POV.

@stroppyse Thank you for the translation.  Is it too much to ask, for you to translate the description of the other main leads too. Although I might get the gist but I will definitely miss the context there just like your explanation about "jea su" Thank you in advanced.

MKT

MY

MST

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Hello everyone! Looks like I found my new red shoes, I am super super hooked to this drama. After reading previous posts, like everyone else I believe that MY is either misdiagnosed or has a self fulfilling prophecy since her mother told her that she was a monster her whole life. Although I don't know much about Antisocial Personality Disorder, I believe that MY is capable of feeling pain and empathy to an extent, that she's just walled up. I could be wrong though? However looking at all of the previous trailers and teasers that were released, we see several shots of 

Spoiler

MY crying, and later in another shot KT saying "Why are you acting like this with what kind of emotion-"

I really hope the case is that she's just severely wounded and messed up from her past. I can't imagine the leads having a love story with her truly having ASPD. Another thing to think of - What could have caused MY's mother to call her a monster, or if it was because her mother was just abusive. 

Also, this may be an informational video for those wanting to hear a personal experience with ASPD: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdPMUX8_8Ms&t=1312s

• Like 9

I keep thinking about this drama. I want to know more about MY and Juri relationship, Juri was really upset because MY talked about her mother (Juri's mother). I tried to read Juri character description with naver translator and this caught my attention: "In the fairy tale, a good protagonist defeated a witch and took over a prince, but the reality is not as green as a fairy tale. It's alcohol that makes her so timid turn from Jekyll to Hyde! Alcohol goes in and cuts off the leash of reason, and another hidden ego pops out." and I remember she didn't drink the beer Jaesu gave her.

P.d.: sorry my english

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, yonosoydulce said:

I keep thinking about this drama. I want to know more about MY and Juri relationship, Juri was really upset because MY talked about her mother (Juri's mother). I tried to read Juri character description with naver translator and this caught my attention: "In the fairy tale, a good protagonist defeated a witch and took over a prince, but the reality is not as green as a fairy tale. It's alcohol that makes her so timid turn from Jekyll to Hyde! Alcohol goes in and cuts off the leash of reason, and another hidden ego pops out." and I remember she didn't drink the beer Jaesu gave her.

P.d.: sorry my english

Jekyll and Hyde huh...this should be fun because MY is not like normal female leads she will DRAG her literally lol. Although I'd prefer if they didn't fight over a man but this is dramaland when does that not happen :lol:

• Like 7

5 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

MKT

Translation of his character description.

Moon Kang Tae (30 year old, Psychiatric Ward Caretaker)

With an excellent physique, an exceptional mind, with great endurance, quick reflexes, charming, and great stamina… enough that it makes one wonder how a god who is fair could bless him with so much, but god also gave him one thing that he will have to carry for all of his life. A 7 year older brother who is on the autism spectrum!
Once he took charge of his older brother, his life was no longer his own.

When it becomes Spring and the butterflies are flying, without fail, his older brother has a nightmare, and each time that happens, they would have to move to somewhere else and set up a new life. Thus, there were many countless days when they starved, proper higher education was an unattainable luxury, and since they would have to part within a year anyway, there definitely could be no deep relationships, it was a difficult, miserable life where he had to just slowly keep crawling forward.

In front of my older brother, I smile sweetly as if I have no cares in the world, but when I turn around, I have a face that is shadowed by an abyss of melancholy. As if it's saying it's hypocrisy and pretense that my older brother is my whole world. Actually… there were many times when I would see myself in the figure of a salaryman with a crooked neck time, and when seeing lovers who walk arm in arm, laughing and giggling, I would become envious and I would get a bitter taste in my mouth, and when I see a people with their luggage on their way to a vacation, I also want to not have to move, but just go on a vacation trip. As long as my older brother doesn’t know this duplicitous me, it’s okay. However…

In this tiring and dreary life, one day, like a special event, a strange woman came bursting in. It was clear that it could be a farcical, horror, suspense thriller, but all of a sudden, she wants to shoot a romance with me, and there is nothing more comical than that.  However, the more I tried to escape from her wicked spell, the more helpless I become at her hands. It’s difficult enough to take responsibility for my older brother. So, my life is too harried with no room to give consideration to anyone else.

However, I can’t ignore that woman who keeps digging her way towards me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 15

Yuppp There's definitely something more to JooRi than the appearance she has on right now!!! I'm curious of her and MY's past too! Excited for the 'Jekyll turn to Hyde' thing!!B)

So MY puts on bad demeanor to hide her vulnerability and ASPD while JR puts on a timid/nice front but also has a bad side potentially induced by alcohol??? This should be interesting fight haahaah

Looking at the characters' story setup, there will definitely a girl 'fight' over KTae :w00t:

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Actually… there were many times when I would see myself in the figure of a salaryman with a crooked neck time, and when seeing lovers who walk arm in arm, laughing and giggling, I would become envious and I would get a bitter taste in my mouth, and when I see a people with their luggage on their way to a vacation, I also want to not have to move, but just go on a vacation trip. As long as my older brother doesn’t know this duplicitous me, it’s okay. However…

this is so heartbreaking :tears:. He’s putting on such a brave front for his brother when in reality he’s having such a hard time. I can’t wait to see scenes where KangTae becomes carefree and puts himself first even if it’s just for a little while. And then I’ll be alright with him going taking back all his responsibilities. This character is so complex... I want him to be worry free and live for himself but it’s just impossible with the type of situation he and his brother are in. I hope the writer finds a balance in life for him!!!

23 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

However, the more I tried to escape from her wicked spell, the more helpless I become at her hands.

im looking forward to this.. eventually kangtae will enjoy moonyoung’s company so maybe this is the balance he needs in life for self- happiness and responsibility :lol:

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, starwater0 said:

this is so heartbreaking :tears:. He’s putting on such a brave front for his brother when in reality he’s having such a hard time. I can’t wait to see scenes where KangTae becomes carefree and puts himself first even if it’s just for a little while. And then I’ll be alright with him going taking back all his responsibilities.

It is the plight of every primary carer for people with disabilities or special needs.  It is a heavy burden.  It is very real.  It can lead to a lot of pent up resentment - why me?  And it starts at a young age.  The needs of the other child is often so great that the one who is “normal” ends up with their needs overlooked or superseded.  No holidays because the autistic brother would freak out at the break in routine.  Their lives revolve around the needs of the other constantly.  That’s just the grim reality.  Many just put up with it silently.  With nowhere to redirect that resentment.  It’s not that they don’t love their sibling.  They do.  Often fiercely.  But they need their own identity as well, apart from being the carer of the person with special needs.  

• Like 9
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

MY

Translation of her character description.

Go Moon Young (30 year old, Popular Author of children’s books, sociopathic personality traits)

Though she looks as if she isn’t lacking for anything, there is one fatal flaw. God was so busy fashioning her physical being to look like an angel that he forgot and missed one thing… That thing is the emotion called the “Scent of a Soul”. Having been born a flower without that scent, there was no reason that she wouldn’t become twisted about birds and butterflies. It was inevitable that she would be alone, and she was used to being lonely. Is it the fault of the person who makes a defective product? Or is it the fault of the defective product? She blames her Creator, and so thinking that she is free from all norms, she lives doing just as she pleases.

She prefers outfits and hairstyles that are anachronistic and out of touch with reality. The fancy and excessive styling is not for self-indulgence, but for self-defense. It’s to block the world from seeing her fragility and sincerity. To this woman who lives in this attention grabbing way, one day a very interesting prey (?) is captured. She knew as soon as she saw his gave with its air of “having lived a hard life”. That guy is my destiny!

However, the man’s resistance is not easy to overcome. The more he does that (resists), the more  competitive I become. (me: meaning the more he resists, the more she wants him)  Curiosity becomes greed, greed becomes obsession, obsession at some point becomes desperate desire. That I could have such feelings as well… could this be love? Why in the world I am being like this, what are all of these fluctuating wavelengths in my heart, I don’t have any immunity, so it hurts and troubles me to death, please teach me what each of these things are?

If like that I am able to learn through you, wouldn’t I be able to get the scent of a soul as well?

6 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

MST

Character description for Sang Tae.

Moon Sang Tae (37 years old, Autism Spectrum (ASD))

High functioning autism (HFA) of Grade 3 developmental disability. He is not Kang Tae’s uncle, he is his older brother by birth. He has amazing memorization skills and natural talent at drawing. He loathes skinship and hates acts of physical affection, so can come across as a little cold, however, it’s just that he was born this way. It’s not abnormal, so please accept him as he is.

He is absolutely certain of what he likes and dislikes. He dislikes noise, touch, injustice, violence, and lies. Especially when someone touches the back of his head, he reacts in a crazy fashion. Since “the accident on that day”, the back of his head is like a switch to a bomb. The things he likes are drawings, dinosaurs, Ko Gil Dong, striped shirts, and Ko Moon Young! If Kang Tae is living for Sang Tae, then Sang Tae is living for Moon Young. As soon as he opens his eyes and gets up, he finds Moon Young’s book of fairy tales and starts dawdling, at any moment, he draws on the margins of the fairy tale book, and every night, he falls asleep reading Moon Young’s fairy tale book, he is that passionate a fan of Ko Moon Young.

From birth, he has observed the minute changes of expressions on faces to determine how they feel. Sang Tae, out of habit, is always checking out his little brother’s face. Whenever he does, his little brother always grins at him.

Right now, my little brother is… happy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 11

23 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I'm not sure whether you have seen her character's description before.  The original site is HERE.  You can also check the other characters too.  

Thanks so much for the link.  Two things really stood out to me: the part about how in the fairy tale, a good protagonist defeated a witch and took over a prince and alcohol makes her bad side come out which @yonosoydulce quoted AND my favourite, Kim Mi-Kyung, is playing her mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait for these scenes.

:cutekitty:

Thank you so much for the translations @stroppyse  They are well-written and insightful.  Definitely giving me a better understanding of the characters and making me more and more excited for what's to come in this drama.

- Jae Su is such a good friend.  So they are not childhood friends?  i wonder how he knew Joo Ri then?

- Kang Tae's description is so sad.  No matter how much he loves his brother it must be exhausting for him especially with the itinerant lifestyle they have to live.  

- I wonder what this Scent of the Soul MY is looking for could be? Empathy? Love?

- Sang Tae's description I especially like "it’s just that he was born this way. It’s not abnormal, so please accept him as he is" and the comprehensive litst of things he likes.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

:dorashakes:Thank you so much @stroppyse  for the detailed translation.   I love the way they describe the three characters, wow.   It makes me feel impatient.  I would like to know "what's going to happen next"  

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Ahpheng said:

this is really funny yet kinda agreed :joy: :joy: like yes please I'll have kang tae so syj can get KSH

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3