[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

3 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Oh my,  our 2nd female lead is an Angel !! Nam Joo Ri is a cutie, and our first female lead has.... some kind of a villain characters? LOL

I may disagree on Second female Lead JR being an ANgel, I smell some traces of oddness here. maybe in later episodes it can be revelead.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I  live for Ye Ji's sass and wardrobe. Man Wol has competition.:P LoL at his friend who told him he looked like the Joker when he smiled!

I love MYs outfits so far especially the one when she in the book signing. Both of these drama have very good wardrobes. Man Wol definitely have competition. I kinda want IU to have a cameo in the drama too. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Jeannie said:

I love MYs outfits so far especially the one when she in the book signing. Both of these drama have very good wardrobes. Man Wol definitely have competition. I kinda want IU to have a cameo in the drama too. 

I would say Seo Ye Ji has a womanly, sexy vixen aura....IU had a Confessions of a shopaholic aura...but I still don't see how this compares to Del Luna...the setting, subject matter all very different and this is a risk. It may not pay off in ratings.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

First Impression: It's Okay Not To Be Okay

It's Okay Not Be Okay premiered this week! It's Kim Soo-hyun's comeback drama after his military discharge. And after teasing us with some memorable cameos in recent dramas, it's time for him to reclaim the limelight as one of the top Hallyu stars of his generation. The hype is real with this one, especially after the news broke that he will share this spotlight with the ever gorgeous Seo Ye-ji! Who wouldn't get stoked, right?

What a very interesting first two episodes! I knew from the teasers that it promises a dark romance between the main leads, but I wasn't expecting it to be THIS dark. It was borderline disturbing! The first episode was meant to introduce very vividly how famous children's book author Ko Moon-yeong (Seo Ye-ji) has anti-social personality. Her books feature dark fairy tales with nightmare-eating witches as heroines, and betrayal as the main theme. She was presented as the monster who draws people away. The opening was laid out as fantasy, so the audience might expect it to be one, but the watching experience was essentially the same with Moon-yeong's children's books. The drama was parallel to her own book which was supposed to be light but a bit grotesque for the taste apparently.

With hints of Tim Burton-style graphics and a slight touch of romantic comedy in the first two episodes, this new series is made to make us feel intrigued and disturbed. It presents a thin line between the rational mind and hysteria. It's meant to challenge the viewers about morals and mental stability. I don't know if it's a good thing or something to be worried about, but I think if you're bothered by just watching the little Moon-yeong tear that live butterfly apart, you're still normal. Albeit too dark for some people, this drama is still refreshing to watch because it's different.

My favorite part of the drama would have to be our heroine (or anti-hero as it seems), Ko Moon-yeong. She is a no non-sense femme fatale who doesn't hesitate to do whatever she wants to do without worrying about other people's judgment. I know this could be a double-edged sword as this attitude could also be her downfall, her anti-social behavior opens the eyes of the audience to the mindset of people who screams of darkness and chaos. Her aura is very appealing and her presence is so extra. Moon-yeong's childhood background was super depressing, it totally makes sense she ended up that way.

The hero, Moon Kang-tae (Kim Soo-hyun) is a mysterious one. One of the most striking lines he made in the first two episodes was his description of Moon-young's anti-social personality. He doesn't recognize it as a disorder,  and tells her that's she was just born with it. We also got to know his backstory early on in the series. He and his brother Moon Sang-tae (Oh Jung-se) were orphaned after their mother was apparently killed by a still unidentified person. Sang-tae, the only witness to the killing, has autism. He was certain that their mom was killed by the "butterflies" which also prompted the brothers not to stay in the same place for a long time. They keep relocating every now and then. What's more interesting is that Sang-tae's favorite author is Ko Moon-yeong. What's with her books that draw him? Does he sense that the writer is an outcast, too? Moon-yeong and Sang-tae are yet to meet each other properly, so their inevitable interaction is something worth anticipating.

Full article here: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2020/06/22/first-impression-its-okay-not-to-be-okay/

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Hello chingu,

Finally I have a drama to get me back here to discuss since Hospital Playlist. I am truly into this drama after its first two episodes. The acting is amazing with attractive cast, but I have to mention that the story is telling in a truly clever way.

Awaiting for new episode :D

• Like 6

Did I expect to watch this? No.

Did I ignore it for some days? Yes.

Did I watch it? Yes.

Repeatedly? Y e s.

Did I love it? HELL YES.

And no, I did NOT definitely expect to love this. This took me by surprise, not just because I’m not a big fan of KSH. But good lord, the twists and turns and the very unexpectance of everything that’s happening in one episode. It’s blowing off every kdrama trope and I’m here for it.

Im serious, I never expected to love it and wait for it. I’m really blown away. Two episodes down, fourteen more to go. I get butterflies (heh) just by imagining the best sex they would have—

I mean-

Its blatantly obvious that the leads have super thick chemistry that you could cut with a knife (heh). I could watch them eye-bang each other every episode for days. But when it really happens. Maaaaan. Just imagine.

• Like 5
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 10

By the way, I've been rewatching some parts of the two episodes, and this quote stuck in my mind:

"Hurtful, painful memories. Memories of deep regrets. Memories of hurting others and being hurt. Memories of being abandoned. Only those with such memories buried in their hearts can become stronger, more passionate, and emotionally flexible. And only those can attain happiness."

That's it. That's what this drama is all about.

And I really hope that sums it up - all of characters have their drama. Hurting others, being hurt, being abandoned, running from something/someone, being "cowards," etc. KMY said it to MKT - because the memory was not positive, it would stay in his heart longer. Yes, it will; it will outgrow it, especially when he realises that those eyes do not only remind him of a girl he used to know & like, but are her eyes. And he'll become stronger, more passionate, and emotionally flexible - will not run any more. And she will really get her "safety pin," in the same terms - her heart will overcome the hurt & will reveal the not-so-villainy side of hers.

And then they will get their happy ending. Fingers crossed! :w00t:

• Like 8
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The implication is that MY's mother simply disappeared, and that her mother's death was registered after a period of disappearance. The official registration of MY's mother's death was alluded to in the conversation between MY and the second female lead, JR,

I somehow also feel KT/ST's mother's murder and MY parents condition is somewhere related.

Also there a strong implication of JS/JR/MY/KT knowing each other since childhood. Maybe they were neighbours? maybe Classmates. 

But in all that JR had to see the official guardian's name in the form of MY's father or was it not known to her? She could have estimated that KMY and the patient's guardian name is similar?? And or they might be the same person???? I know the hospital was in contact with her Agent but the guardian's name should have been Hers right???

• Like 8

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

This is a really good point you bring up. In this drama, KT bears both a personal responsibility to care for his brother and a professional responsibility to his patients. One of the social issues that have been surfacing is the responsibility as well as the long term costs to caregivers, both personal and professional. Especially, since as the population grows and changes, more and more people need caregiving.

This is also something that MKT also mentioned: I don't know whether it is good or bad, but the number of psychiatric clinics in this country is growing.

Also, good that you two brought this up for another reason - the "materialistic" one. The series do a painfully good job in illustrating that caregivers are not really "taken care" of in terms of living conditions (be it money or the places they live in). Which is really the uncomfortable truth, brought up also by this pandemic - the underpaid medics and medical staff.

• Like 10

I love reading all of your thoughts, questions, opinions, etc. 

I'm on Twitter most of the time & want to share that our beautiful, Seo Yeji, has been trending at #1- #3 on Naver since the drama premiered. All due to her OUTSTANDING performance & ELEGANT looks as Go Moon Young! She has DELIVERED SO WELL for the first 2 episodes! Tbh, I never knew who she was till this drama. Yes, I'm guilty as charged & now she has WON my heart COMPLETELY.  

Her opening the door with her beautiful wet hair has Knetz going crazy over her sexiness & beauty. I DON'T BLAME THEM! 

JUST LOOK AT HER! :w00t:

Zb9mgG7.gif

Me: :vicx: :wub:

0HGJR27.gif

She got me questioning my sexuality after 2 episodes & that's a world record for me! And normally I'll drool over male actors but for her... it HITS me harder & deeper in my feelings. 

TO SEO YEJI! :lol:

Dzv6JmL.gif

• Like 5
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7

Hello everyone! It has been ages that I’ve written about a drama

I just LOVED it! Great chemistry, awesome directing, awesome acting...

I stopped at some parts and rewatched. Also, I checked every 10 minutes how any minutes left by praying “please god let it more minutes” ☺️☺️☺️
I guess there’s no need to tell about KSH but I’ve watched SYJ for the first time and too cute and also sexy. I should also congratulate OJS (hyung). his acting also awesome/

I’m looking forward to next week 

XO XO

• Like 12

I love the show, i am so hooked up. Leads have so good chemistry, plot is great also but i just read about ratings drop to 4,72 and i dont get it. I feel that knetz only love dramas with rich heir poor girl type. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tea said:

I love the show, i am so hooked up. Leads have so good chemistry, plot is great also but i just read about ratings drop to 4,72 and i dont get it. I feel that knetz only love dramas with rich heir poor girl type. 

One of the things that I never talk about  ... I will not worry much at this moment since it is not a full report (they should also include those on Netflix and others too)  in order to really see the demand.  Just look at this thread ... more and more people  are here and that does not include the lurkers... who I believe will join us soon too.  :glasses: 

@madmad min From their conversation,  MY had mentioned they were schoolmates.  You could also refer to this source HERE.  I wonder whether others (including JR) know what we knew or maybe not  (the incident that happened between MY and her father) 

• Like 6