[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

35 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Thank You!!!, I got confused with the Young MGT/MKT , was it Yoyo kid or Sj kid. Sec Mo is the Head Nurse right? Who gave the fileback to the nurse taking care of KMY's dad???

ALSO is KSH name in the show Moon Gang-Tae(Netflix Subbed it that way) or Moon Kang-Tae??

@madmad min The young MKT is the same actor who played the SJ kid lol (see below)! I looked it up on Wiki, but they listed KSH's character name as Moon Kang Tae (haha Netflix can be soooo unreliable sometimes). As for the head nurse, I dont think the actress who plays the head nurse is the same as Secretary Mo. Although it would have been hilarious to see Secretary Mo in "Its Okay to Not Be Okay" :joy:!! Oh yea that's whom I was referring to. Meaning that the guy who played the PM's Secretary Kim is also playing MKT's friend who helps him to forge GMY's signature!

Young MKT 

A5e80gf.png

Young SJ in TKEM

KpcOQqN.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=3_1&area=00&begin_date=20200620

[2020-06-20] Episode 1 Rating

Nationwide: 6.093%

Seoul: 7.026%

——————

https://www.soompi.com/article/1408092wpp/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-premieres-to-no-1-ratings-backstreet-rookie-enjoys-rise-for-2nd-episode

“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings; “Backstreet Rookie” Enjoys Rise For 2nd Episode

Jun 20, 2020
by E. Cha

The battle over weekend drama ratings is heating up!

On June 20, tvN’s new romance drama “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” premiered to a promising start. According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of the new drama starring Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji scored an average nationwide rating of 6.1 percent and a peak of 7.0 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

“It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” also took first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average of 4.3 percent and a peak of 5.1 percent. The new drama performed particularly well with female viewers in their forties, among whom it scored an impressive peak rating of 10.6 percent for its premiere.

Meanwhile, SBS’s new romantic comedy “Backstreet Rookie” enjoyed a slight increase in viewership for its second episode. The June 20 broadcast of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 3.7 percent and 6.8 percent for its two parts.

KBS 2TV’s “Once Again” continued its reign as the most-watched drama of Saturday nights, scoring average nationwide ratings of 23.1 percent and 28.8 percent for its two parts.

TV Chosun’s “King Maker: The Change of Destiny” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.9 percent, marking a slight rise in viewership from its previous episode, while OCN’s “Team Bulldog: Off-Duty Investigation” trailed with an average rating of 2.8 percent for the evening.

Did you tune in to the premiere of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Source (1) (2)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse yes I had the impression the writer wanted to address the whole concept of what constitutes “normal”.  Even autism is a spectrum.  Someone once said to me we’re all on that spectrum so who are we to say that we are more “normal” than someone else? 

• Like 7

I just finished watching the episode and WOW THE OPENING BLEW MY MIND!!!

I got hooked from the first five minutes. Loved the animation in the beginning. It was both eerie and mysterious.

Both the lead characters were portrayed very well and their sizzling chemistry was off the charts:wub:

Great story building, character introduction, cinematography and ost.

Can't wait for the next episode:rolleyes:

• Like 8

My kinda show , attraction at first first and no childish games ... this feels like a fairy tale , the way its shot and how the story is being told ... i like the ML actor never watched him before but am so happy he can act , one episode in i already care about him and his happiness , and i too understand why people tell him not to smile ....

If it can make me feel how , lion gold did i might have to recap this show.... because i was laughing so hard in a good way and it was such fun ...

• Like 4

Superb!!!! I love first episode started off really good! The plot is just so meatier. It's been a long time I watch another good psychological drama like this. Last time it was It's Okay That Love. I don't mean to compare but this one gives me the same vibe. It's well portrayed and the emotions delivered so well. I cried as the little girl got her lesson from the The Boy Who Fed on Nightmares. Such a good book with good moral lesson. Though I thought it's quite heavier for kids but actuslly it's the real deal, good to teach them not just dreamy fairytales. They learn how to grow up well with good mindset. Honestly, the drama titles even looks pretty good with its original working title "You're psycho, but its okay" this word psycho does represent how these normal looking people are much crazier than the insane ones. 

I like how they write KMY character to be this bold and somewhat psycho. He slaps people hard in their heartstrings. Who would be truly fine if your own family try to kill you and abandon you. She's hitting inside and pretend to be this psycho to cover the past scar she has.

I like the quote from today's episode

"Hurtful, painful memories. Memories of deep regrets, memories of hurting others and being hurt, memories of being abandoned. Only those with such memories buried in their hearts can become stronger and passionate and emotionally flexible. And only those can attain happiness"

Ko Mun-Yeong

Then if talk about visuals and other aspects like cinematography and ost, they top it all! Ah.. I become so much hooked just with one episode means that this is really good. Hope it will continue to be this intriguing and healing to the end. 

Excitedly waiting for episode 2!!!

==================================================================

@SweetButters it looks like we have something new to feed our brain again, ok?

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of Jugglers. I didn't realize that this was the same writer.

Well, same. It is from that writer?? Too bad I dropped that show, LOL. Then these amazing children books probably her works too or does these books really exist? If it's yes it's cool. Ah... I like to have them too for my own collection. 

@PeVe I'm tagging you here, since there's something intersting we could discuss in the club. Perhaps, are you also watching this?

• Like 6
  • Love 3

https://k-communities.com/2020/06/20/k-netizens-reactions-to-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-episode-1/

K-netizens’ reactions to “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay Episode 1”
Posted on June 20, 2020

[Psycho but It’s Okay] Kim Soohyun’s first appearance as Oh Jung Se’s dongsaeng

F82CA64B-080D-4E55-9E96-EE4C107D2C75.jpg

Original post: Nate

[+634,-23]This is why Kim Soohyun is “Kim Soohyun” indeed! He looks as handsome as ever 

[+563,-25]His voice tone and facial expressions were on point, I’m not even gonna mention his body or facial features…. Kim Soohyun’s just amazing….ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+377,-22]That was fun! I hope this drama hits big… Kim Soohyun, fighting!♡♡

[+32,-1]How is Kim Soohyun not getting older….?

[+27,-1]I haven’t watched any drama in a while. Seo Yeji looked so pretty and I really liked her voice… Oh Jung Se is an excellent actor too and his character here is so different from “when the camellia blooms”

[+26,-5]Woah… Seo Yeji’s voice is so attractive!

[+24,-0]Oh Jung Se’s performance is seriously… I approve of his acting again!!!

[+24,-1]Woah… I’ve always thought that Kim Soohyun’s face is so small, but Seo Yeji face is even smaller… Woah, seriously…. They both look like a painting, they even have similar voice tones… Woah, seriously?

[+24,-3]Seo Yeji’s acting was good too!

[+21,-0]Seriously, Oh Jung Se is a really good actor, he’s the kind of actor who can pull off any role!ㅠㅠㅠㅠPlease appreciate him more and give him a lots of love

[+19,-0]Oh Jung Se’s acting was just crazy!!

[Psycho but It’s Okay] Kim Soohyun’s confession to Seo Yeji “I liked her”, a hint of the past?

1D227110-83AD-4279-9A15-ACD9DEF29070.jpg

[+897,-74]The male and the female lead are so handsome and pretty, they’re so pleasing to the eyes 

[+773,-60] Kim Soohyun is getting more and more handsome, and he’s getting even better at acting… 

[+699,-74] Seo Yeji… Even I look at her again and again… She’s so pretty!

[+64,-15] Seo Yeji is not the prettiest woman in Korea but her face and voice are luxurious and classy? She has that vibe…

[+63,-211]I predict that the first episode’s rating will be the highest rating of this drama… I think that the story is not a hit…The writer’s last drama was a mess too

[+43,-13]Seo Yeji’s voice is crazy…. Also, she’s so pretty!

[+40,-13]This is the best drama couple ever…. The couple awards for this year’s award shows is already confirmed!

[+34,-13]Looking forward to tomorrow’s episode…

[+33,-9]Woah.. These two look so good together!

[+32,-17]Seo Yeji’s voice is so charming..

[Psycho but It’s Okay] Seo Yeji to Kim Soohyun while throwing cigarettes in his cup of coffee…”Do you believe in destiny?”

2D08C8A8-2AA6-4583-BD69-149600085514.jpg

[+977,-105]Seo Yeji is really pretty. I think she fits Kim Soohyun the best out of all female leads he worked withㅎㅎ

[+924,-67]They’re both so handsome and pretty, and both of their voices are attractive!!

[+867,-77]Woah,,, Seo Yeji’s face is pretty but her deep voice is even more impressive, amazing!!

[+42,-9]Both of them are very good looking, and Seo Yeji is so much prettier than what I remember…. Those fancy outfits suits her and I really loved her voice!!

[+39,-7]Seo Yeji’s voice is so similar to Soo Ae’s, the only difference, I’d say is that Soo Ae’s diction is really good. On the other hand, I can’t understand what Seo Yeji is saying in some parts cause she was mumbling

[+37,-11]Kim Soohyun is still as handsome as ever and his acting was really good…

[+35,-9]After Hospital Playlist finished, I was so lost about what to watch next, but I was attracted to her as soon as I saw her teaserㅋㅋㅋ this will be a birth of a legend, her creepy acting was so good

[+29,-2]I thought Kim Soohyun would look a little weid or have this uncomfortable vibe after he gets back from the military, but he still looks the same as he did in “The Producers”…. Seo Yeji is pretty too. I think the drama will succeed as long as the script is okay

[+27,-6]It’s my first time seeing an actress with a voice as deep as Soo Ae, she’s so full of charm… On another note, I’m speechless about those two’s faces in today’s ending scene ㅎㄷㄷ

[+25,-6]Seo Ye-ji’s voice is so similar to Soo Ae’s… The way she talks… is so charming and attractive!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, triplem said:

That scene of the little girl crying at the ward was rather sad. The hospital or even social welfare saw her father as a threat to her safety , but she saw her father as what he was - which was someone who is sick but he is still her father whom she loved . Did he really kill himself? Did  Moon Young carry out the deed herself ? Of course they are trying to imply that she could be the one given what she told Kang Tae at the knife scene.

This part is really sad. Social workers should be trained to understand that familial relations is still of top priority in any case of consultation. 

I don’t think MY killed the father although the show is trying to imply that. I believe she went back to give the little girl that autographed picture book. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, madmad min said:

ALSO is KSH name in the show Moon Gang-Tae(Netflix Subbed it that way) or Moon Kang-Tae??

From what I know, the letter G and K are interchangeable for the romanization of Hangul. Eg. the actor Lee Joon Ki vs Lee Joon Gi, Jang Geun Suk vs Jang Keun Suk. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

Yup I just found my new Kdrama. TvN is killing it! 

This actor is popular from what i've heard but i actually never watched any of his dramas. 

I loved what i saw from the first episode; 

-Chemistry between the leads is very good so far. I love the intensity of the plot plus mental health matters is always a plus for me so when a drama is centered around that, heck yeah! count me in. 

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I don’t think MY killed the father although the show is trying to imply that. I believe she went back to give the little girl that autographed picture book. 

I think so too!

I enjoyed this first episode a lot.  The drama is visually stunning and it's fascinating how the children stories are woven into the drama storyline.  Kim Soo Hyun is as talented as ever and i admire him for choosing a challenging character and drama for his return role. I can't wait to find out more about him and his brother's past.  Seo Ye Ji is stunning and it's certainly brave to have such an unashamedly, unlikeable female protagonist from the first episode:lol: She's clearly got an disturbing backstory.  I also can't wait to learn more about her and see her more vulnerable side.  Also I just love her styling so much:love:  

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

"In this world there are people who deserve to die. But some thoughtful freaks kill them for us in secret. That is why the clueless civilians can sleep at night, completely unaware of it. Which one do you think I am?"

You're a clueless freak.

Beautiful. Just the word to describe the first episode - plot, direction, cinematography, animation, editing and characters. Extremely ambitious statement to make just based on one single episode but they are definitely off to a strong start.

THE CHEMISTRY. I started the show to watch his comeback (been a fan of his since TMETS) but idk anymore. SYJ is making me feel things too! 

:love::love:

dfc76786ff5dd1c7838c58b94d11407e4c4b9fae

410fdb3825d6bd290c6b5c6eab92842cdd0ccf661ec79ff53785b97db29028f19c78b247b12aa4e8

Spoiler

5f26e787135cc9c20f84aa6b962278c14d277d05

Creds. Tumblr (@kojiseok)

BRUH I thought it was intense when he was staring directly into her eyes...then he looked down at her lips! Maintain this aesthetic throughout and you will have us going insane!

:crazily:

• Like 7
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

All in all a very captivating first episode. Definitely not just another pretty drama. I feel there will be lots to take away from this story. Am glad more light is being shed on mental health and the caregivers.

Also, I find it interesting that both leads are attracted to each others' eyes. They say that our eyes don’t lie. They’re windows to the soul. They show the truth no matter what face we put on in any situation so the best way to get to know someone is to look them in the eyes and observe what they reveal about their emotional state. I think this aspect could play a part in the leads' connection with each other.

P.S. I thought this promo scene was super clever. B)

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

Bro whats up with n*****nbu** 

They only translate the negative article and comment about this drama???

Meanwhile there are 3 positive one that got posted earlier here and they just straight up skip it????????????

Like cmon they seems to hold grudge with Tvn drama. I still remember they also only translate bad article for Cloy.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Bro whats up with n*****nbu** 

They only translate the negative article and comment about this drama???

Meanwhile there are 3 positive one that got posted earlier here and they just straight up skip it????????????

Like cmon they seems to hold grudge with Tvn drama. I still remember they also only translate bad article for Cloy.

That site is totally trash , is known for cyberbullying and always highlights the negative comments..

Whereas majority of the people are loving this drama and it is evident from the domestic ratings as well as the online buzz..Plus International audience are also raving about it..

I never thought they will get a chance to talk bs about this drama as well..:angry: Anyways let them stay pressed meanwhile we will enjoy the drama.:rolleyes:

• Like 1