[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

BTW this seems like a ridiculous question but... KT was always busy living for his brother, working multiple jobs... when did he have time to get his 8 pack? I mean it’s not 6 pack, but a freaking 8 pack! 

Spoiler

Kim-Soo-Hyun-24.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, floweroad said:

i hope they also touch on the mystery behind joori and MY and why JR seems to dislike her so much! i wonder what specifically happened in the past. 

I also hope to have the stories of all the back characters developed. For Ju-ri... how did she meet the brothers (she & her mothers, of course); what happened between her & KMY. Also, Jae-su... we only know that he follows the two brothers everywhere but we don't know details about him. The CEO is interesting as well, the sweet art director...

By the way, after the nurse who sang with MST the song about the flowers, the "art director girl" is the other character who might get close to MST. Those two seem to be vibrating on the same length & could actually be an interesting relationship.

• Like 8

Found this article:

Netflix’s It’s Okay to Not Be Okay: 3 things to know about K-drama star Seo Ye-ji, Korea’s actress of the moment

Known for playing powerful female leads, she is now starring as Ko Moon-young, a character who suffers from antisocial personality disorder, in the new series along with Kim Soo-hyun

Patti Sunio

Published: 2:00pm, 15 Jul, 2020

Actress Seo Ye-ji is having a moment. The 30-year-old star has been stealing the spotlight on tvN and Netflix’s It's Okay to Not Be Okay for her pitch-perfect acting, elegance and  .

From the powerful female leads she's played in the past to the complexities of her character Ko Moon-young, read on to know more about Korea’s actress of the moment.

Dynamic actress

“I like definitive characters and don’t like anything in the middle,” actress Seo once revealed on Soompi, referring to her previous roles as Lim Sang-mi in 2017 religious cult drama Save Me and her debut as Noh Soo-young in TV sitcom Potato Star 2013QR3. Both are strong female characters with extreme personalities: “One character is very playful and the other is very depressing,” she added.

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, aisling said:

KT was always busy living for his brother, working multiple jobs... when did he have time to get his 8 pack? I mean it’s not 6 pack, but a freaking 8 pack! 

He did manual labour :D

ohhh and in the episode with the politician's son he says he can run faster... that dialogue hints on his obsession with exercising (that is how i understood it :D)

when i binge watch it again after i finish the live watch will tell more :D

• Like 11

Another interesting comment from TVN's Youtube channel:

As kdrama tend to have unending plot twist. I don't think Ok-ran (the patient) was the mother. Maybe she was a fan of MY's mother works that why she knows the song and she even read her books. Its a gut feel that her mother is alive but its the Head Nurse in the hospital. Maybe she changed her face or Mun-yeong just forgot it due to trauma. Something is odd about her. Its like shes the one watching Mun-yeong in the window many times in the past few episodes. Also when Ko Dae-hwan talk about her wife when the doctors are away the nurse is the one listening and talking to him. She didn't even tell that thing to the doctors. What if Sang-tae is the one that accidentally killed his mom. He just forgot it due to shocked and trauma. And the one thing he remember is butterfly maybe he was following it then suddenly an accident happen resulting to his mother's death. That is why he keep on saying that a butterfly killed his mom. Knowing Sang-tae's condition it won't be impossible. Damn that'll be mind blowing.

Credit to Lig Aya

MPOV: if ST really accidentally killed their mother i will be disappointed... hope there'll not be the case.:whytho:

• Like 10
  • Shocked 2
  • Insightful 2

Love the SWOON! HEHEHEEEH and Daniel Choi's cameo showing us ---KT jealousy for the first time.

I can never get sick of watching it til this weekend. Plus how MY wanted the PEN not the FAN Daniel Choi. LOL.:fiercebunny:

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

look at those book & merchandise they sell! the production house is smart, no excessive PPL, they sell merchandise instead! it's good! rating is about getting recognition so moooore brands will sponsor you for the production cost.

so it shows from they start that they already have the picture how the series will be doing and already plan this.

by the way, i just realize that KSH doesn't have adam's apple..hahaha now i cant help to stare at his neck everytime they focus on him. it's just that this is the first i see a man that doesnt have it..

• Like 5
  • Love 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/16/time-to-get-ready-for-the-thrilling-twist-in-the-second-half-of-its-okay-to-not-be-okay/

Time to Get Ready for the Thrilling Twist in the Second Half of ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’

by krishkim

W2-DIH54-XLBYSADVI8-WCW-732x412.jpg

Credit: tvN

It’s Okay to Not Be Okay is bringing in another fun with a chilling mystery amid the sweet romance between Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji. As the unpredictable development mesmerized viewers, curiosity is mounting about the unsolved past of Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young.

What is the identity of the “Butterfly,” the Trauma of Moon Brothers?
The butterfly is portrayed as a threat to Moon Kang Tae and Moon Sang Tae brothers from the first episode. After witnessing his mother’s death, Moon Sang Tae has nightmares about being chased by butterflies, and around the time when the butterflies fly in, they move to a different place. Sungjin city, where the brothers have settled down recently, is the hometown where the butterfly trauma began. Naturally, the attention is focusing on whether the two brothers will be able to break away from the trauma that has been holding them back for a long time.

The Basement of “Go Moon Young’s Castle” Will Open!
Attention is also drawn to the basement, a taboo place in the castle of Go Moon Young. In the 6th episode, Go Moon Young said, “My mother is dead. The bloodstains are still on the floor,” describing the gruesome death of a woman. Since then, not only did the bloodstains on the floor was shown when Go Moon Young visited the basement in her dream, she was also seen suffering from the nightmares of the ghost that looked like her mother, raising further questions regarding the basement and the secrets behind her missing mother.

A Mysterious Song that Upseted the Mental Hospital
The “Oh My Darling, Clementine” incident, which left the mental hospital in disarray, presented a new clue to Go Moon Young’s family history. Go Dae Hwan, Go Moon Young’s father, had a fit when he heard someone singing “Oh My Darling, Clementine” late at night. During his session, he once mentioned that his wife used to sing the song to their daughter, and added, “Does she even know the meaning of the song?” The next day, he said, “She is definitely dead. But she is here,” evoking the curiosity. How does the song that tells the longing of a father who lost his daughter relate to the history of Go Moon Young and her family?

The production team said, “If Moon Kang Tae, Go Moon Young, and Moon Sang Tae have been shown as those with deep scars and deficiencies, in the second half, the identity of the trauma that has been holding them back will present a big twist, catching everyone off guard. Please look forward to the fatefully intertwined relationships between the three.”

Source (1)

----------

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/14/the-music-that-flowed-out-in-the-critical-moments-of-its-okay-to-not-be-okay/
Music that Flowed Out in the Critical Moments of ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’

by krishkim

HGE63-MWMD7-LNO8-NFW65-U-708x472.jpg

Credit: tvN

The OST of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay is gaining popularity. As people say it is the perfect match with the beautiful images of the drama, these songs are showing good results in various music charts. From AKMU’s Lee Suhyun to Heize, Sam Kim, Park Won, and Elaine, many talented artists participated in the music that further supports the romance between Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) and Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), drawing great responses.

Elaine’s “Wake Up”
The song often decorated the ending scene and Go Moon Young’s scenes. The intro, which starts with the sound of an alarm clock, and rhythmical accompaniment catch the ears. It is also attractive when the music transforms into rock beats from the middle of the song. In the 3rd episode, the song was inserted in the car scene of Go Moon Young and Kwon Gi Do, and perfectly represent the dynamic character of Go Moon Young.

GA EUN’s “Got You“

In the 2nd episode, the song beautifully flowed out with the mysterious smile of Go Moon Young as she discovered Moon Kang Tae, who visited her publishing company. The combination of unique instrument composition and GA EUN’s distinctive voice highlights the mysterious atmosphere of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

Kim Ki Won’s “Your Day“

The song delivers the excitement of Moon Sang Tae as he got invited to Go Moon Young’s signing event. Along with the directing that expressed the world in Sang Tae’s pure eyes, the song completed the musical-like scene. The song gives off such a childlike innocence that it reminds you of the amusement park’s parade under the sunny spring sun, leaving a pleasant impression.

Lee Suhyun’s “In Your Time”

“In Your Time,” sang by AKMU’s Suhyun, was first shown in the ending scene of the 5th episode. The song combines a soft, calm melody and lyrical voice to add to the affectionate sentiment. In the 6th episode, when Moon Kang Tae, who got suspended from his work, ran to Go Moon Young and ask her to play with him, “In Your Time” softly flowed out, highlighting the mounting emotions.

Park Won’s “My Tale”

The lyrics that seem to represent Moon Kang Tae, who is comforted by fairytales written by Go Moon Young, are quite impressive. It is a pop ballad song that tells the fairytale-like story of reaching out to a lover who lives alone in a castle because of her painful wounds.

Sam Kim’s “Breath”
As you can tell from the lyrics ” You breathe in me,” it is a song that contains the main characters’ affection for each other. The fine tremors felt in Sam Kim’s unique singing style and the sound of his breathing add warmth to the song.

Heize’s “You’re Cold You’re Cold”

It is the romance theme song of Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young. This hip-hop R&B-oriented song that includes a short rap combines Heize’s own voice and expressiveness to further enhance the perfection of the song. The ear-catching affectionate lyrics are quite addictive.

Source (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

--------

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

@shazai "Tam-na" (I want it) :lol:

But...

:smashes:

It's in Korean...

I want the face mask. That's really clever and cute.

I love all the merchandises from this drama. It's linked to the story and unique. I usually am able to restrain from spending on stuff like this, except that one time I went out of my way to get me a Boglegel. I'd get the Dog story book for my nephew if it gets translated to languages he could understand.

==

Kim Soo Hyun is so funny in BTS. I like the serious side of him in MLFTS & this drama, but he is suitable for both serious and comedy kind of actor. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Whenever I got a notification that someone gave a reaction to previous posts, I'm grateful that she/he did some backreading.  It's not easy to read page by page what one has missed.  It is understandable since we are here whenever we can afford the time .... and tomorrow is our day plus Special Track OST Vol. 2.

What a transition...

Credit to tvN

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I don’t think the head nurse is MY’s mom - there’s too much asking of viewers: 1. that she would have to change her appearance; 2. her personality is quite warm and so very different than MY’s mom and; 3. also that the husband won’t recognize his own wife even if she did changes her appearance. 

I do think head nurse has an alternative motive to get close to ST but it is probably part of a plan devised by head Dr and herself to help ST. 

If they sold a mini doll of MY and KT like the ones in the clay animation, I would def buy them. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Finally!! I watched episode 8!!

:shaq:

omg..KT and MY..just kiss already!! U two are making me all tense with the chemistry!! it was so sweet when he punches that ex husband and comforts MY without any barriers. And how he runs down the stairs all happy like a boy. Awwww! :heartxoxo: love is finally in the air..i mean, KT is finally showing his real feelings.

MY and ST fighting had me laughing although i think the moral point is to show that ST is the one who won’t be able to let KT go. All this time, I thought perhaps it was KT clinging onto ST but now I see it’s the same towards ST too.

. @bebebisous33 you mentioned before that ST may not want KT involved in any woman because he does not want KT to love anyone else but him. I think your theory is heading towards that direction. 

I think MY’s mom is really dead but just who is this Ms. Park? She seems to be interested in MY’s dad. Can she be a relative who was aware of the situation or heck, did she really get plastic surgery and change her identity?? I always end up doubting my thoughts when it comes to MY’s mom.

:headbang:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

And how he runs down the stairs all happy like a boy. Awwww!  love is finally in the air..i mean, KT is finally showing his real feelings.

Is it really love or he is happy because he feels free and able to let go instead of restraining himself as before? (That is the question I ask myself)  I am also wondering whether he got a suspension as another "trick" of the Director to give him time to heal since he knew the situation KT is in at the moment) 

One more day....

p.s She loves the mystery book written by MY's mother.  Does it mean she's MY's mother's fan?

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@YongZura⁷ I also thought about that and came to the conclusion that it’s both. He is happy to be free and express himself and I also think it’s a beginning of love. The scene that really cement it for me was when he was sitting on the bench at work and remembered MY enjoying the morning fresh air - he was even sighing about it like noooooo lol. Like they say, love sometimes comes unexpectedly and for a person you didn’t think it could be...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, stella77 said:

@YongZura⁷ I also thought about that and came to the conclusion that it’s both. He is happy to be free and express himself and I also think it’s a beginning of love. The scene that really cement it for me was when he was sitting on the bench at work and remembered MY enjoying the morning fresh air - he was even sighing about it like noooooo lol. Like they say, love sometimes comes unexpectedly and for a person you didn’t think it could be...

Oh yes, I remember ... He also learnt from "A-Reum and her partner Jung Tae" when they describe that they keep thinking about each other...

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Yangju Okjeong Central Park is popular, thanks to'Psycho but okay'

Okjeong Central Park, Yangju-si, Gyeonggi-do, is gaining popularity thanks to the drama 'Psycho But It's Okay', which is being aired recently.

According to Yangju City on the 17th, Okjeong Central Park was seen as a place for couples Kim Soo-hyun (Moon Kang-tae) and Seo Ye-ji (Go Moon-young) went on a date in the 7th episode of 'Psycho But It's Okay' that aired on the 11th. 

As the trail on the lake, where the two walked attracted the viewers' attention with a beautiful night view along with the music fountain, these days, the number of visitors increased dramatically. An official from Yangju-si said, “It seems that after the broadcast, the number of people going out during day & night have increased 2 to 3 times"

Full article

https://n.news.naver.com/article/081/0003108260

0003108260_001_20200717113607539.jpg?type=w430

0003108260_003_20200717113608102.jpg?type=w430

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1