Airtime: Sat & Sun 21:00 KST

Production Credits

Production Companies: Studio Dragon, Story TV, Gold Medalist
Director: Park Shin Woo
Screenwriter: Jo Yong

Official site:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/tvnpsycho/

Story:

It's a “healing romance that resembles a storybook fantasy.” It tells the story of a community health worker at a psychiatric ward who doesn’t have time for love and a storybook writer who has never known love due to a birth defect. After meeting one another, the two slowly begin to heal each other’s emotional wounds.

Cast:

김수현

Kim Soo Hyun as Moon Kang Tae (30 years old - Psychiatric Ward Caretaker)

With an excellent physique, an exceptional mind, with great endurance, quick reflexes, charming, and great stamina… enough that it makes one wonder how a god who is fair could bless him with so much, but god also gave him one thing that he will have to carry for all of his life. A 7 year older brother who is on the autism spectrum!
Once he took charge of his older brother, his life was no longer his own.

When it becomes Spring and the butterflies are flying, without fail, his older brother has a nightmare, and each time that happens, they would have to move to somewhere else and set up a new life. Thus, there were many countless days when they starved, proper higher education was an unattainable luxury, and since they would have to part within a year anyway, there definitely could be no deep relationships, it was a difficult, miserable life where he had to just slowly keep crawling forward.

In front of my older brother, I smile sweetly as if I have no cares in the world, but when I turn around, I have a face that is shadowed by an abyss of melancholy. As if it's saying it's hypocrisy and pretense that my older brother is my whole world. Actually… there were many times when I would see myself in the figure of a salaryman with a crooked neck time, and when seeing lovers who walk arm in arm, laughing and giggling, I would become envious and I would get a bitter taste in my mouth, and when I see a people with their luggage on their way to a vacation, I also want to not have to move, but just go on a vacation trip. As long as my older brother doesn’t know this duplicitous me, it’s okay. However…

In this tiring and dreary life, one day, like a special event, a strange woman came bursting in. It was clear that it could be a farcical, horror, suspense thriller, but all of a sudden, she wants to shoot a romance with me, and there is nothing more comical than that.  However, the more I tried to escape from her wicked spell, the more helpless I become at her hands. It’s difficult enough to take responsibility for my older brother. So, my life is too harried with no room to give consideration to anyone else.

However, I can’t ignore that woman who keeps digging her way towards me.

서예지

Seo Ye Ji a Go Moon Young (30 years old - Popular Author of Children's Books, Sociopathic Personality Traits)

Though she looks as if she isn’t lacking for anything, there is one fatal flaw. God was so busy fashioning her physical being to look like an angel that he forgot and missed one thing… That thing is the emotion called the “Scent of a Soul”. Having been born a flower without that scent, there was no reason that she wouldn’t become twisted about birds and butterflies. It was inevitable that she would be alone, and she was used to being lonely. Is it the fault of the person who makes a defective product? Or is it the fault of the defective product? She blames her Creator, and so thinking that she is free from all norms, she lives doing just as she pleases.

She prefers outfits and hairstyles that are anachronistic and out of touch with reality. The fancy and excessive styling is not for self-indulgence, but for self-defense. It’s to block the world from seeing her fragility and sincerity. To this woman who lives in this attention grabbing way, one day a very interesting prey (?) is captured. She knew as soon as she saw his gave with its air of “having lived a hard life”. That guy is my destiny!

However, the man’s resistance is not easy to overcome. The more he does that (resists), the more  competitive I become. (me: meaning the more he resists, the more she wants him)  Curiosity becomes greed, greed becomes obsession, obsession at some point becomes desperate desire. That I could have such feelings as well… could this be love? Why in the world I am being like this, what are all of these fluctuating wavelengths in my heart, I don’t have any immunity, so it hurts and troubles me to death, please teach me what each of these things are?

If like that I am able to learn through you, wouldn’t I be able to get the scent of a soul as well?

오정세

Oh Jung Se as Moon Sang Tae (37 years old -Autism Spectrum (ASD))

High functioning autism (HFA) of Grade 3 developmental disability. He is not Kang Tae’s uncle, he is his older brother by birth. He has amazing memorization skills and natural talent at drawing. He loathes skinship and hates acts of physical affection, so can come across as a little cold, however, it’s just that he was born this way. It’s not abnormal, so please accept him as he is.

He is absolutely certain of what he likes and dislikes. He dislikes noise, touch, injustice, violence, and lies. Especially when someone touches the back of his head, he reacts in a crazy fashion. Since “the accident on that day”, the back of his head is like a switch to a bomb. The things he likes are drawings, dinosaurs, Ko Gil Dong, striped shirts, and Go Moon Young! If Kang Tae is living for Sang Tae, then Sang Tae is living for Moon Young. As soon as he opens his eyes and gets up, he finds Moon Young’s book of fairy tales and starts dawdling, at any moment, he draws on the margins of the fairy tale book, and every night, he falls asleep reading Moon Young’s fairy tale book, he is that passionate a fan of Go Moon Young.

From birth, he has observed the minute changes of expressions on faces to determine how they feel. Sang Tae, out of habit, is always checking out his little brother’s face. Whenever he does, his little brother always grins at him.

Right now, my little brother is… happy.

박규영

Park Gyu Young as Nam Joo Ri (30 years old - Psychiatric Hospital Nurse)

A nurse who has worked for 7 years at the OK Psychiatric Hospital. For 1 year, she worked closely with Kang Tae at a hospital in Seoul, and because they were from the same hometown, they became close. Nobody knows much effort she put into having a beer after work with Kang Tae who everyone had said was very hard to get close to.

Kang Tae was so defensive by nature all the time, so she didn’t dare show how much she liked him, but then one day. Moon Young showed up in front of Kang Tae and her heart chilled. For a very brief time during their elementary school days, she had been in the same class with her, so Joo Ri knew well. How creepy and scary a child that girl had been. Whatever she had to do, she has to tear Moon Young away from Kang Tae’s side… However, nothing is happening the way she wanted.

In the fairy tales, the nice protagonist defeats the witch and wins the prince, however, reality isn't happening like the fairy tales. What makes this woman who is so timid change from being “Jeckyll to Hyde” is alcohol! As soon as she has some alcohol, reason gets completely cut off, and that woman’s hidden other personality appears.

Supporting Cast:

강기둥

Kang Ki Doong as Jo Jae Soo (Moon Kang Tae's friend - self employed)

Kang Tae’s one and only best friend who can be like a right arm for Kang Tae. Even if you beat him, he will be on Moon Kang Tae’s side. In the times when Kang Tae was moving around the country with his brother, they developed a friendship while delivering fried chicken together. A light spirit without any angst or grudges. However, a terror of a chatterer who can’t keep his mouth shut for even 3 seconds.

As befitting the son of a chicken farm, was it because he only ate chicken from a young age, a chicken head. (me: this phrase means that he’s a bit of a scatterbrain, similar in spirit to the English saying “chicken with its head cut off”) Still, a loyal man who can’t bear to see his friend go hungry, so can’t leave his side. Following along to wherever in the country that Kang Tae goes. But that’s why they get misunderstood to be in “that” kind of a relationship…! (me: meaning people may think that KT and JS are in a gay relationship)

As it happens, just at those times, Sang Tae would call out “Jae Su-sshi!” to him, so others thought that that “Jae-su-sshi" meant “jea su-sshi” and looked at them with strange looks…! Still, able to laugh at those times, he is a happy and open guy for whom everything in life just happens.

김미경

Kim Mi Kyung as Kang Soon Duk (Nam Joo Ri's mother)

Her incompetent husband having died early from alcohol, she put her young daughter on her back and ran a hamba* for construction workers for their livelihood until one day, Pow! She ends up for the first time in her life in a hospital bed, with arrhythmia of her heart, and finds out that if she keeps working as she does, she could die, so saying that she can’t make her daughter an orphan, she uses the influence (?) of Medical Director Oh who used to be called the foolish oppa of the neighborhood to get a job, working her way up being the head cook.

So, she can’t ignore anyone who is starving or doesn’t have a place to live. So, that is a reason why once the brothers Kang Tae and Sang Tae move into the rooftop of her house, she takes care of them by making them food. People who long for a mother are enfolded into her warm embrace…she’s a real mom!

Kim Joo Hyun as Lee Sang In
 Park Jin Joo as Yoo Seung Jae
Jang Kyu Ri as Sun Byul
Jung Jae Kwang as Joo Jung Tae

Lee Ul as Ko Dae Hwan
Jang Young Nam as Park Haeng Ja
Kim Chang Wan as Oh Ji Wang
Woo Jung Won as Oh Jung Ah

Credits cast description: @stroppyse

Character Chart

이미지

Other posters

Kim-Soo-Hyun-Oh-Jung-Se-1.jpg

"It’s Okay To Not Be Okay" (2020 Drama): Cast & Summary

Teasers

Spoiler

Press conference

OST

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Update #4 - New rule: "No Instagram embedded posts

• Like 12

"(From) The Cursed (to) Stranger 2"  A summary of 2020 tvN dramas

Lee Ji-hyun = SPORTS CHOSUN

Kim Soo-hyun's return project, 'Psycho But It's Okay' (directed by Park Shin-woo / written by Jo Yong / created by Studio Dragon / produced by Story TV, Gold Medalist) is also one of the best anticipated works in the first half of 2020. It is a fantasy fairy-tale healing romance drama about Moon Kang-tae (Kim Soo-hyun), a psychiatric ward worker who refuses to love under the weight of a life that is psychological but okay, and a fairy tale writer who does not know love due to her mental disorder. Writing the screenplay is Jo Yong ('Jugglers'), and Park Shin-woo, who helmed 'Jealousy Incarnate' and 'Encounter', will direct.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] I'm a Psycho but it's okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아 - Kim Soo Hyun - Premieres in first half of 2020

OSEN | 2020. 02. 07. 1:26 AM

Kim Soo Hyun earns huge salary of 200 million won for each episode in new drama

202002071442775362_5e3cfb9210c86.jpg

Actor Kim Soo Hyun confirmed his small-screen comeback with the drama "Psycho But It's Okay". Amid that, it was revealed that he received the ever "hugest" remuneration of up to 200 million won per episode.

According to OSEN's information on February 7, many representatives said Kim Soo Hyun's remuneration in the new drama "Psycho But It's Okay" (tvN) would be up to 200 million won for each episode.

According to a representative of the broadcaster circle, this remuneration is determined based on the expectation for "Hallyu star Kim Soo Hyun", who has consistently achieved success with films like "Moon Embracing the Sun", "My Love From the Star", or "Producer". As the production marking his official return after his discharge in July 2019, besides television broadcasting, the drama promises to earn profits by the copyright transfer to the global video service Netlfix or product placement.

In fact, before his official comeback, Kim Soo Hyun became a hot topic just by appearing as a cameo in the dramas "Hotel Del Luna" and "Crash Landing on You". In addition to his unchanged handsomeness, the actor was also well received for his natural acting shown by how he got into his character although it was only a cameo role. Therefore, viewers are looking forward to Kim Soo Hyun's further growth in "Psycho But It's Okay", the work which will mark his return.

In this drama, he will play the male lead Moon Kang Tae, a public health worker in a mental illness department. It is known that Moon Kang Tae was orphaned from an early age and devoted his life to looking after his autistic older brother.

"Psycho But It's Okay" is a romantic drama like a fairy tale revolving around a psychiatric nurse who refuses love because of burdens in life and a children's comic author who has no idea about love due to birth defects. The two meet then pat and heal each other's wounds. The drama is made by screenwriter Jo Yong of "Jugglers" and director Park Shin Woo of "Don't Dare to Dream" and "Encounter". The drama is set to premiere in the first half of this year.

OSEN = Reporter Ha Soo Jung, reporter Yeon Hwi Seon / monamie@osen.co.kr
Photo = OSEN DB
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

—-

Actor Kim Soo-hyun to star in tvN drama ‘Psycho but It’s Okay’

Feb 7, 2020

Kim Soo-hyun(Gold Medalist Entertainment)

Kim Soo-hyun(Gold Medalist Entertainment)

Actor Kim Soo-hyun will star in the tvN drama “Psycho but It’s Okay,” which is scheduled to air before July, according to his agency, Gold Medalist Entertainment. This will be his first drama since his discharge from the military and subsequent change of agency.

Kim will play the role of Moon Gang-tae, a psychiatric aide who has taken care of his mentally ill older brother ever since they were children and their parents died. With no goals in life, Moon presses on day by day.

The drama centers on the relationship between Moon and a writer who is incapable of experiencing love. The two heal each other’s emotional wounds and become romantically involved.

Director Park Shin-woo also directed “Don’t Dare to Dream” and “Encounter.” The screenwriter, Cho Yong, also wrote “Jugglers.”

Kim recently made cameo appearances in tvN dramas “Hotel del Luna” and “Crash Landing on You.”

By Lim Jang-won (ljw@heraldcorp.com)

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200207000504&np=1&mp=1

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

0004168019_001_20200218163309046.jpg?type=w540

Park Gyu Young Confirmed To Play Leading Role Alongside Kim Soo Hyun In New tvN Drama

Feb 18, 2020
by J. Lim

Park Gyu Young will be playing a leading role in the new tvN drama “Psycho But It’s Okay” (working title) alongside Kim Soo Hyun!

“Psycho But It’s Okay” will be a healing romance that tells the story of a community health worker at a psychiatric ward who doesn’t have time for love and a storybook writer who has never known love due to a birth defect.

Park Gyu Young will take on the role of Nam Joo Ri, a nurse at the psychiatric ward that community health worker Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) also works at. Nam Joo Ri packed up her life in Seoul and headed back to her hometown for her sick mother, where she found a job as a nurse. She is not only Moon Kang Tae’s coworker, but the two walk a fine line between friendship and love.

The drama will be written by “Jugglers” screenwriter Jo Young and led by director Park Shin Woo, who also worked on “Encounter,” and is also gaining attention for being Kim Soo Hyun’s first drama in five years. Seo Ye Ji is currently in talks to join the drama in a leading role, taking on the character of children’s book author Go Moon Young.

“Psycho But It’s Okay” is set to premiere in June.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

[Message] [2020.03.23 naver blog news]

tvN Weekend drama: Psycho but it's okay'
Broadcasts: 2020.06.13 - 2020.08.02 (16 episodes)

Introduction: The psychiatric hospital protector who refuses love because of the burden of a difficult life and the fairy writer who does not understand love because of natural defects, they heal each other and heal the wounds romance history. 
Don't conclude that they are abnormal, don't give pointers, don't hurt or isolate them, they are just a bit special. 

IMG_8993.jpg?type=w800

59e054fbgy1gd3xeu06xcj20u00u0wgj.jpg

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Psycho but it's okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아 - Kim Soo Hyun & Seo Ye Ji - Premieres in June

Psycho but it's okay

89461305_111899863761322_7665766949703385088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=0be424&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmRJCm5DdsZvKe3o7isruRJTYr092a9T_dfOjSLPnMdsfWm0osR5UY-MLd2fS5D4L4&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=f0da1cd1a234059ece111c151bc2bc97&oe=5EA6B26A

[Broadcast Sponsored]  Lighting Sponsored

The story of the broadcast sponsorship is ~

It will continue ~ ♡

Let's make one thousand leaks,

The first broadcast is scheduled to start in mid-June.

The whole lighting of tvN drama

All spotlights will support

The contract has been signed !!

Are you curious about the main actor in this drama?

Right ~~ !!!

The protagonist of <You from the Star>,

This is Kim Su-hyun ~ !!!!

https://m.blog.naver.com/spotlight-13/221850886189

1584023569878.jpg?type=w800

• Like 2

Jung Jae-gwang joins 'Psycho but okay'

Jeong Jae-kwang's agency, El Juli Entertainment announced on the 12th, saying "Jung Jae-kwang is in sync with actor Kim Soo-hyun through 'Psycho but it's okay.'

Jeong Jae-gwang played the role of Joo Jung-tae, a former firefighter with alcohol dependence. When you see a fire, you can't stand alcohol, and you'll be confident that drinking alcohol will give you confidence.

Jeong Jae-gwang said through his agency that "this work will be a work that can provide comfort to all of us who want to escape from painful reality or fear."

'Psycho, but it's okay' was the story of a psychiatric ward guard who refuses to love with a heavy weight of life, and a fairy tale writer who doesn't know about love through natural defects, heals and heals each other's wounds. It will be aired for the first time in June.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/213/0001157173

0001157173_001_20200312095110030.jpg?type=w430

• Like 1

Oh Jung Se To Play Kim Soo Hyun’s Older Brother In Upcoming Drama

Actor Oh Jung Se has been confirmed for tvN’s upcoming drama “Psycho But It’s Okay” (working title).

The drama, which stars Kim Soo Hyun — in his first main small screen role in five years — and Seo Ye Ji, is a story of a community health worker at a psychiatric ward who doesn’t have time for love (Moon Kang Tae, played by Kim Soo Hyun) and a storybook writer who has never known love (Go Moon Young, played by Seo Ye Ji). After meeting one another, the two slowly begin to heal each other’s emotional wounds.

Oh Jung Se will be playing a character with autism named Moon Sang Tae, who is an incredibly talented illustrator. Sang Tae is his younger brother Kang Tae’s (Kim Soo Hyun) only remaining family, and he is his brother’s biggest reason for living. Viewers are already anticipating Oh Jung Se and Kim Soo Hyun’s brotherly chemistry in the coming series.

“Psycho But It’s Okay” is tentatively scheduled to air in June this year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385516wpp/oh-jung-se-to-play-kim-soo-hyuns-older-brother-in-upcoming-drama

Oh Jung Se To Play Kim Soo Hyun’s Older Brother In Upcoming Drama

• Like 1

Child actor in 'Psycho but it's okay'
He said that he saw Kim Soo Hyun and very handsome

92712547_1067943790243915_81469922396466

She involved in 'Psycho but it's okay' - Episode 1 shooting 

93189912_1067944500243844_18774269406300

New sponsorship! GNI wallpaper sponsored 'Psycho but it's okay' 

92298822_1067945500243744_86322608075073

• Thanks 1