Genre: revenge, drama

Airdate: March 30th - August 28th, 2020

Airtime: Mon - Fri 7:50 KST
Director: Kim Shin Il
Writer: Ma Joo Hee

Official Website: 

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/fatalpromise/pc/index.html

Story:

This is a fierce revenge melodrama about a girl who is pushed to the edge of a cliff while fighting the unjust and a man who breaks his promise with her and starts a family of his own, reuniting 7 years later.

Cha Eun Dong  is a girl that always stands up against injustice. This places her and her family into a difficult situation. Around this time, Kang Tae In  makes a promise to Cha Eun Dong. The promise is vital to Cha Eun Dong and her family, but he breaks his promise. His broken promise causes the destruction of Cha Eun Dong’s family. 

Cast:

Fatal-Promise1.jpg

Park Ha Na as Cha Eun Dong

She is a girl who loses everything standing up to the unjust. She's a loyal person who can't overlook someone's misfortune. The logic of power destroys her family and when she is betrayed by the only adult she believed in, she decides to take revenge.

Fatal-Promise2.jpg

Go Se Won as Kang Tae In

He had to compromise with reality to save his family. He has risen to executive positions at a large corporation with his own ability, but abandons his principles to save his family just once.

Fatal-Promise3.jpg

Kang Tae Sung as Choi Joon Hyuk

Fatal-Promise4.jpg

Park Tae In as Oh Hye Won

Fatal-Promise5.jpg

Lee Chang Wook as Han Ji Hoon

Supporting cast:

People around Eun Dong

Lee Dae Yeon as Cha Man Jong (Eun Dong’s father)

People around Tae In

Kang Shin Il as Kang Il Sub (Tae In’s father)

People around Joon Hyuk

Song Min Hyung as Joon Hyuk’s father

People around Ji Hoon

Kil Yong Woo as Han Kwang Hoon

Others

Park Young Rin as Oh Hye Won
Lee Kan Hee
Kim Na Woon
Yoon Bok In
Oh Young Sil
Kim Hye Ri

Character Chart:

La imagen puede contener: 5 personas, texto

Teasers:

Spoiler

OST:

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Update #4 - New rule: "No Instagram embedded posts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST - Park Ha Na & Ko Se Won - Premieres on March 30th

[OFFICIAL] 'Stars of daily dramas' Park Ha-na X Ko Se-won, starring in '(A) Dangerous Promise'

Lee Yoo-na = SPORTS CHOSUN

2020020402317_0.jpg

Spoiler

Actors Park Ha-na and Ko Se-won confirmed their appearance in KBS 2TV's new daily drama '(A) Dangerous Promise'.

KBS 2TV's new daily drama '(A) Dangerous Promise' (written by Ma Joo-hee, directed by Kim Shin-il, produced by Mega Monster), which is scheduled to premiere on March 30, is about a girl who was forced to fight against injustice and a man who abandoned his promise to save his family. They meet again seven years later. Actors Park Ha-na and Ko Se-won, who have an irreplaceable presence, confirmed their appearance, and the strongest combination (so far) in daily dramas was born.

First, Park will play the role of 'Cha Eun-dong', who jumped because she could not stand injustice and lost everything. A loyalist who cannot pass the difficulties of the weak, her family's life is destroyed by the logic of power, and she is betrayed by the only person she believed and decides to revenge. Park Ha-na, who led the high-viewing march in each of her works such as 'Mysterious Personal Shopper', 'Still Loving You' and 'The Promise', will show the charms of Cha Eun-dong, who was sacrificed in an uncomfortable way, and is also expected to depict her fierce revenge.

Ko Se-won plays 'Kang Tae-in', who had to compromise with reality to save his family. He is a well-established principle-maker who has risen to the position of executive of a large company only by his own ability. But once in a while, he renounces that principle in order to save his family. Ko, who was loved by viewers as 'Hyuk-kyu Kim' in 'Ugly Miss Young-ae', will make another strong performance that earned him the nickname 'Exo of housewives'. In this work, he is expected to capture the home theater once again as Kang Tae-in, who constantly encounters a trap-like dilemma.

The production team said, "We expect actors Park Ha-na and Ko Se-won, who have a deep acting talent and colorful charm, will lead the play with the best synergy." They added, "Every night, emotional melo-revenge series '(A) Dangerous Promise' , will attract viewers. We ask for your interest and expectation. "

Meanwhile, '(A) Dangerous Promise' from writer Ma Joo-hee ('Return of Bok Dan-ji', 'Return of Hwang Geum-bok', 'You're Only Mine') and PD Kim Shin-il (who won the PD Award of the Month for the KBS Drama Special 2019 'Live Like That') will first air at 7:50 pm on Monday, March 30.

Photo courtesy = FN Entertainment (Park Ha-na), Hunus Entertainment (Ko Se-won)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Park Hana and Go Se Won, Two People Who Meet at the End of Despair"

(Article taken from the official KBS2 website.)

VTVENTER_70000000337483_20200313_2020031

(Photo credits to KBS)

Spoiler

Upcoming KBS2 Monday-Friday drama "A Dangerous Promise" (written by Ma Joo Hui, directed by PD Kim Shin Il, produced by Mega Monster) is a passionate melodrama telling of a broken promise between a woman who fights against fire after being driven to the ends of despair, and a man who breaks that rpomise to save his family.

The first unveiled teaser video shows the ill-fated beginning of Cha Eun Dong and Kang Tae In.

Cha Eun Dong, "the woman who stands at the end of life and despair." For some reason, the nineteen-year-old girl is dragged away by the police while being in handcuffs. All that is left for the girl who is jailed at a detention center is anger and despair. "Do you think that there is a god?" Her voice when she says these words are full of mistrust at the world. it is regrettable to see Cha Eun Dong who at nineteen meets such a cruel fate.

The person who meets her at the edge, "The one man whom she trusts," is Han Tae In. Cha Eun Dong gives something to him while sitting across from each other in the special detention center. With nervous, trembling lips, she makes a desperate plea. "Make it the same* without anyone hearing. Can you do it?"  Kang Tae In wears a shocked expression when he sees it. "Am I qualified to do so?" A worried Kang Tae In's question predicts the fate of the people at stake. Just what was Cha Eun Dong's last request of Kang Tae In, who becomes the last hope in the midst of despair?

"A Dangerous Promise" follows "Elegant Mother and Daughter," beginning on March 30th at 7:50 p.m. (KBS Media Park Jae Hwan)

*The Korean was pretty vague--the words could also translate to "Make a copy of it"

If taking/quoting, please make sure to credit me! All translations I post are my own, unless stated otherwise.

Edited by deborahkim153
Formatting Issues
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 3

On 2/6/2020 at 10:42 AM, mekeo117 said:

Daily drama always sound like a disaster but the problem is viewers ( ajummas and ahjussi )  always hook to this kind of stories . lol  

I love revenge makjang/melodramas (including lakorns), they are addicting lol I must be an ahjumma :joy:

hopefully this will have a better ending than GR...

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, crystaltears said:

I love revenge makjang/melodramas (including lakorns), they are addicting lol I must be an ahjumma :joy:

hopefully this will have a better ending than GR...

I love them too! And I agree, they can be so addictive, let's be ahjummas together :joy: the ending for GR was terrible. I didn't even watch it with subs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

I love them too! And I agree, they can be so addictive, let's be ahjummas together :joy: the ending for GR was terrible. I didn't even watch it with subs.

yeah :lol: 

Regular airing k-dramas don't make them as much anymore nowadays ehh the last few I watched last year were Golden Garden, SKY Castle and The Last Empress (which I also hated the ending for NWS)

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, crystaltears said:

Regular airing k-dramas don't make them as much anymore nowadays ehh the last few I watched last year were Golden Garden, SKY Castle and The Last Empress (which I also hated the ending for NWS)

Most "regular" k-dramas are so full of the tired romance cliches. They're not that entertaining anymore. Daily dramas are somewhat refreshing and give me a break from them. I heard Sky Castle was good, though.

• Like 6

Today is the first episode!!! Are you guys excited? Tbh, I'm not excited at all. I don't have high hopes when it comes to daily dramas for this time slot. I started watching The Promise to Gracious Revenge, but the dramas are getting worse and worse. Everything is so predictable. Not surprised if this drama disappoints me as well.

Anyway, I've watched the trailer. And then I was like, nuuuuuuuu, why is Park Hana in jail!?!?! Idk why but it reminded me of Unknown Woman, Son YR being in jail. Is her love interest the one who betray her? I hope not, but it seemed like it's likely the case, but why would you fall in love with someone who betrayed you though? Hopefully Lee Chang Wook is her love interest but Idk, the other guy looked evil.

I've seen Park Hana playing an evil role before, Still Loving You and The Promise, and another aa the protagonist, Mysterious Personal Shopper. Let's see how this will go. The trailer was ok, the title though. I swear the title of daily dramas usually never match up to the plot. For example, Unknown/Nameless Woman, LIKE HOW IS SHE UNKNOWN/NAMELESS? She has 2 freaking names, for godness sake. And Mysterious Personal Shopper, how is Seyeon mysterious, there is never a part where she is mysterious. Technically Lady Geum new about her biological parents so that's not mysterious.? I swear, it's like clickbait.

I'll just see how this goes.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST