[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

Hello @UnniSarah welcome -

You guys have some great analysis going on ED/TI -

I personally think we have 2 love triangles going on here ...

EDs triangle - ED-TI-JH

TIs triangle - TI-ED-SJ

I can't see TI ending up with SJ and it would be a historic first (at least for me) if the noble male lead ended up alone at the end of all of this - DISCLAIMER - I failed the kdrama classics poll recently, so if this has indeed happened before let me know - that would be an interesting drama to watch.

While its easier and more believable to see ED with either TI or JH, all the drama seems centered on TI & ED.  Yes JH and ED share childhood history, but after only 25 episodes, they've already fought and then became friends. As others have already speculated, I see them now as siblings - JH is taking on the roll of Danny from Gracious Revenge - he'll carry a torch for ED and always be on her side but I see him with someone else in the end .... maybe EDs cellmate who keeps popping up.

LCO

• Like 4

I am a JH and ED shipper!:wub: I can't see TI and ED together. I see them more as allies. The  enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of vibe. It didn't help that the writers went in hard about the betrayals between everyone. Also there is too much bad blood between them. I can see ED forgiving him but not forgetting. I mean she had to be a Saint to marry TI and face her in-laws especially her father in-law knowing the hot mess that went down that he got her father's heart. She would be a better woman than me. 

TI and ED being together would be kind of predictable and boring. JH brings out pre jail ED that she has suppress. ED makes JH more mature. Poor boy didn't have a chance:(. I know a lot of people are hating on him and calling him annoying. But, he was made this way.

I mean he was taken away from his mom(who knows what lies he was told about his birth mom). He was raised by a snobbish and elitist stepmother. I mean think about the way she talked to TI's mom and called him a "servant". Like really. If you are no use to her she drops you like a bad habit. I bet that is why she adopted SJ because she feels JH is useless to her. She seem to emotional neglect him as he was growing up.  Evil JH has been treating JH like a puppet he takes out when he needs him. Hopefully he can become the man ED needs. It will take time.  

I think it would be a race to the alter between TI/SJ and JH/ED. The one to marry into the family first will be able to carry out their revenge till the end.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, youngae said:

I bet that is why she adopted SJ

was seo ju adopted? I got the impression that myung hee was married previously or had a relationship and seo ju was the product. there were several instances where hye won mocked seo ju for her low background that I wonder if the bio dad was in jail or something.

EDIT:

and I agree with you - I can see eun dong forgiving but not forgetting. the way her character is written, she doesn't seem like the saintly doormat type... as of yet... she would have to be way too nice candy characters who forgive all sorts of nonsense but right now, she is enjoying roasting everyone. regardless of how guilty tae in feels, the facts don't change. he abandoned her and her father in order to save his own father. hye won also indicated something in friday (or was it thursday?) episode where she said tae in doesn't know everything. so it is possible there was further foul play in the death of eun dong's father. it just seems too much of a hot mess for her to forgive since he was the one who did the actions. not someone else like his father which is what usually happens in dramas with romeo juliet vibe.

Edited by Lmangla
forgot some stuff I meant to add
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

And i think most likely pair is TI & ED

Cuz HJH - ED pairing has no potential overblown makjang compared to TI - ED pairing

and the drama is 100+ eps

I am going to be sad but you make a lot of sense. If ED is paired with HJH and TI with SJ, the company will definitely end up with the designing women. That's the end. Turning HJH into an aggressive, hungry corporate guy bent on recovering his dad's company seems quite far fetch.  Also I don't think Chairman Han has long to live. Just a hunch. Too messy with two husbands and two sons.

@UnniSarah welcome, I think we had watch a few shows together before.

I don't like the idea of a woman who makes wrong moves and the man has been shielding her. She should have some smarts 7 years later. That 18-19 year old with crush on a 30 something set up is not  to my liking. But I have been thinking why jump 6-7 years from a high school girl to an avenging woman. A 25-26 year old woman with a 40 year old man is acceptable to most people - the Korean ajummas?

Who knows they might introduce a sweet young thang for HJH.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

so it is possible there was further foul play in the death of eun dong's father. it just seems too much of a hot mess for her to forgive since he was the one who did the actions. not someone else like his father which is what usually happens in dramas with romeo juliet vibe.

@Lmangla  My POV is completely different.  Cha Mon-Jong  was murdered. There is no foul play. Sadly the cop who investigated didn’t do a good job at all.  It seems in Kdram once a persons removes their shoes, it means they commit suicide. I believe TI isn’t just trying to ruin the company, he is trying to find proof of the murder. Remember,TI HAD THE INFORMATION, the voice recording,  so he  suspects it is murder. Sure he didn’t keep his promise, but he never agreed for them to take ED’s father’s heart. Once they took that man’s heart, he was so devastated and he new the Chairman Han ma may help his sister family cover it up. Chairman Han has been covering for them for a long time. His love for his father is what made him keep his mouth shut. 

@maribella HJH is weak and he trust his family even though they don’t treat him right. Park Han Na is always paired with Older man in kdrama. 

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME GUYS

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, maribella said:

I am going to be sad but you make a lot of sense. If ED is paired with HJH and TI with SJ, the company will definitely end up with the designing women. That's the end. Turning HJH into an aggressive, hungry corporate guy bent on recovering his dad's company seems quite far fetch.  Also I don't think Chairman Han has long to live. Just a hunch. Too messy with two husbands and two sons.

:joy: that is true and at the same time so funny

TI-ED pairing based on the length of the drama is just my theory on the daily drama tendency

There is still a chance ED may end up with HJH, though i think it's less likely

:blush: so anyway...it's too early to conclude it, we have to see upcoming eps for more hints & developments

32 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Lmangla  My POV is completely different.  Cha Mon-Jong  was murdered. There is no foul play. Sadly the cop who investigated didn’t do a good job at all.  It seems in Kdram once a persons removes their shoes, it means they commit suicide. I believe TI isn’t just trying to ruin the company, he is trying to find proof of the murder. Remember,TI HAD THE INFORMATION, the voice recording,  so he  suspects it is murder. Sure he didn’t keep his promise, but he never agreed for them to take ED’s father’s heart. Once they took that man’s heart, he was so devastated and he new the Chairman Han ma may help his sister family cover it up. Chairman Han has been covering for them for a long time. His love for his father is what made him keep his mouth shut. 

@maribella HJH is weak and he trust his family even though they don’t treat him right. Park Han Na is always paired with Older man in kdrama. 

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME GUYS

i hope TI still keep those evidence with him and didnt surrender those evidennce in exchange for his father's surgery

but i have little doubt since JunHyuk knew TI had those threatening them back in the earlier eps

Junhyuk might already claimed those

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

:joy: that is true and at the same time so funny

TI-ED pairing based on the length of the drama is just my theory on the daily drama tendency

:blush: so anyway...it's too early to conclude it, we have to see upcoming eps for more hints & developments

i hope TI still keep those evidence with him and didnt surrender those evidennce in exchange for his father's surgery

but i have little doubt since JunHyuk knew TI had those threatening them back in the earlier eps

Junhyuk might already claimed those

@yukiyukiku When TI went away, he has been collecting evidence to get Junhyuk. I don’t know how much evidence he has has. Remember during the time ED was in jail, the prosecutor had him for questioning but he was let go and TI was furious. There is a lot of stuff we have missed. Like the fact HW had an abortion. Maybe I missed that scene but I was shocked. 
By the way having that abortion, maybe one of the reason she still hasn’t gotten pregnant yet. It has been six years , no pregnancy 

• Like 3

The thumb drive that ED found in TI's drawer contains incriminating evidence. It begs to be asked, the thumb drive which is almost a time bomb without the ticking sits in an unlocked drawer wrapped in a handkerchief. :w00t: 

ED will get into trouble because the info.

• Like 5

@UnniSarah ~ what I meant by foul play is something along the lines of those medical thrillers. so eun dong's dad may have been deteriorating but was he truly brain dead? or did hye won inject some medicines to push into brain death so that the organs can be harvested? like @LeftCoastOppa keeps saying, this woman does not behave anything like a doctor. she saves and treats patients selectively. only the rich get her best efforts. who knows what happens to the poor or middle class who can't afford her...

1 hour ago, yukiyukiku said:

true; it is kind of fun that we have no way of knowing which is the pairing. but since this isn't reply series, none of us are going to go berserk wondering which ship will sail. we have bigger fish to fry -- whether our half brain impulsive heroine will actually get her revenge, who is going to get slapped and who will give the best insult in the episode. :lol: honestly, more than the pairing, I am more curious about her hair. does anyone notice that in every scene, her hair looks exactly the same and curls in the exactly the same way. I keep wondering how much effort the stylist put in... ^_^

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@UnniSarah ~ what I meant by foul play is something along the lines of those medical thrillers. so eun dong's dad may have been deteriorating but was he truly brain dead? or did hye won inject some medicines to push into brain death so that the organs can be harvested? like @LeftCoastOppa keeps saying, this woman does not behave anything like a doctor. she saves and treats patients selectively. only the rich get her best efforts. who knows what happens to the poor or middle class who can't afford her...

@Lmangla That scenario didn’t even come to mind. But if HW killed ED’s dad, it will come out. I am positive someone had to help her with this and someone had to be paid. People who help the rich Murder always comes back toward middle part of the drama. That will be a interesting thing to happen. Lol lol Thanks for reminding me . :D
I believe that ED’s father will get justice but it won’t be ED who does it. Remember the synopsis of the drama. The synopsis and the Title of drama  tell you what is going to happen in the Daily. It is best your read between the lines. 

Have you guys ever watched 

Spoiler

SEA OF THE  WOMAN 

Set in the 1960's and 1970's. Soo-In (Oh Seung-A) is a smart student who has never missed ranking at the top of her class. Due to her poor family situation, she begins to work at a factory instead of going to college. Nevertheless, she pursues her dream.
This daily wasn’t even a romance daily but about a woman’s journey to success.  That that title “  Sea of THE Woman “   To me means all the woman’s journey in the drama From grandmother, to mother, mother and daughter. I hope this makes sense. 

• Like 3

Okay guys, I'm here to ask for a little reconsideration on ED forgiving TI ...

After reading several comments about why she wouldn't, I'd like to offer a possible counter on why she would.

TI never put her in jail, nor was he responsible for her extended stay - she knows this now.

TI has been trying to help her from the moment of her release - regardless of how badly she treats/threatens him

Over the next 75 episodes, you know ED will discover who killed her father, where his heart went, AND that TI was threatened with his fathers life, which forced into the actions he took.

If TI helps in anyway to expose what happened to EDs father,and helps bring them down, then I think she will put herself in his shoes, and our "half brain impulsive heroine" - @Lmangla credits - will be level headed enough to forgive the brooding male lead.

Thoughts?

LCO

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

After reading several comments about why she wouldn't, I'd like to offer a possible counter on why she would.

TI never put her in jail, nor was he responsible for her extended stay - she knows this now.

TI has been trying to help her from the moment of her release - regardless of how badly she treats/threatens him

Over the next 75 episodes, you know ED will discover who killed her father, where his heart went, AND that TI was threatened with his fathers life, which forced into the actions he took.

If TI helps in anyway to expose what happened to EDs father,and helps bring them down, then I think she will put herself in his shoes, and our "half brain impulsive heroine" - @Lmangla credits - will be level headed enough to forgive the brooding male lead.

Thoughts?

LCO

Well said chingu @LeftCoastOppa  Because TI’s father has her dad’s heart she will forgive him. At first she will be pissed , hurt and lost . But once she calm down, she will turn her hatred on Junhyuk and HW. I believe she will also find out that it Junhyuk who made HW abort their baby.  TI may not have helped her but he went overseas to study some more and in the mean time he was gathering evidence of the Hospitals corruption for the past 7 years.  She will be angry, TI will let her HATE HIM AND WON’T retaliate against her because he knows he deserves it.

I hope this the secret about who got her father’s heart hers revealed sooner. I wouldn’t want them to fall for each other before it comes out. He sometimes doubt he can help her get Justice. Every time he is a step ahead, something goes wrong with his plans. 

@maribella Like you said about the thumb drive. It wants to be stolen. In every kdrama I know and the First FL & ML tend to be tortured, abused, threatened at the beginning the drama. They must have heat wrenching pain before they cans succeed. It is so sad to see that happen.  The Second FL & ML are the ones who so happy, succeed, scheme, abused their rival, steal and MAKE LOTS OF MONEY UNTIL they start losing what they value most as the drama progresses. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

kekeke... so in the real world, tae in's actions are not really forgivable. he may not have directly caused the death of eun dong dad's death but there is a question of whether his actions led to eun dong's dad dying. my money is that because of tae in's pressure, hye won caused brain damage to the dad so his heart could be transplanted into tae in's dad. and he walked away without an explanation. people don't realize how important hope is in surviving a calamity. if she had known that he was doing his best to build the revenge plan, it would have meant a huge deal emotionally during those long years.... so from a real world perspective,  his actions doesn't sound very forgivable to me... 

but this isn't the real world but dramaland where all sorts of couples that shouldn't be together do. all sorts of nonsense gets forgiven without even an adequate jail sentence.  there have been many dramas where I have actively wished that a couple would break up but they don't. sadly, they stick together much to my annoyance...^_^  hahahaha...

but one of the best bits in this drama is that eun dong isn't a pushover. despite her half brain impulsiveness, her insults, slaps, snarks and putdowns are actually hilarious to watch. so even if she ends up with a robot, am okay as long as she keeps slapping someone in this drama. :lol: as long as everyone continues to be stupid and crazy without getting a personality/brain transplant, am all good regardless of the pairing. ^_^

• LOL 5

@Lmangla half brain impulse term is so funny :joy:

and i actually think ED's half impulse is better than HW's no brain impulse

she always messed up without any effort from her enemies, ED or TI

Be it disclose ED's past criminal records, not helping ED while injured, etc

she just screamed then worked up some mess that even her sly husband could only roll his eyes

i thank God..their level are pretty much the same 

@LeftCoastOppa i think ED will forgive TI like @UnniSarah said

but at first it wont easy...it will take her some time to be able to forgive 

From the earlier eps, it seems ED is kinda a forgiving person

To Hyangmi, her former cellmate, she didnt flare up at her when she met after her release

To TI, there are times ED softens toward him

As for ED's Dad, i think his injury was bad enough to cause his brain death

he fell down from high rise building to the top of a car (but i cant remember from which floor)

Recalling his falling position, his back skull, spine & backbone were probably crushed

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

@Lmangla half brain impulse term is so funny :joy:

and i actually think ED's half impulse is better than HW's no brain impulse

she always messed up without any effort from her enemies, ED or TI

Be it disclose ED's past criminal records, not helping ED while injured, etc

she just screamed then worked up some mess that even her sly husband could only roll his eyes

i thank God..their level are pretty much the same 

kekeke... secretly love that hye won has no brain impulse even though she is supposed to be a surgeon. LOL. jun hyuk rolling his eyes and getting exasperated that his wife is so dumb just cracks me up. am trying to imagine how a robot and no brain impulse dated for 7 years but can't. actually do think jun hyuk and hye won are evenly and well watched. ^_^

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@Lmangla In the real world none of what happened is forgivable. The whole process of Chairman Han got a heart was way to fast. Chairman Han knows it’s was fishy but refused to  acknowledge it. He is a man who chooses to close his eyes to what his in laws illegal activities. For a man who had artificial hearts already know procedures on how to get a heart transplant. He believed the lies he was told by his in laws. In real life this patient would know he got a heart illegally.

• Like 5

You are all on the roll, half brain impulsive heroine  @Lmangla     and  brooding hero @LeftCoastOppa .  We have never been told why TI is broody or has a cold exterior as his Ma said to HJH. Usually with Kdrama there is some trauma story or deep disappointment happened. Did I miss something in the very  early episodes?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

11 minutes ago, maribella said:

You are all on the roll, half brain impulsive heroine  @Lmangla     and  brooding hero @LeftCoastOppa .  We have never been told why TI is broody or has a cold exterior as his Ma said to HJH. Usually with Kdrama there is some trauma story or deep disappointment happened. Did I miss something in the very  early episodes?

hahahah.... since he is a robot, I just figured he never got the happy switch turned on. :lol:... tae in just seems like he was born a grumpy old man and his natural tendency is to brood. unless there is some family secret on the dad's side ready to pop out and melt our hearts on why he is still a robot... ^_^

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

13 minutes ago, maribella said:

yea... i agree with @Lmangla
i think TI's characters is like a robot from the beginning

even before all bad things happened

no smile, just brood over almost everything

brood...brooder...broodest depends with whom he has conversation 

i think it's the way TI's character was set up, supposed to be a poker face or something

especially now that he has plans. he doesnt want people to be able to read his mind

he also tell ED not to easily/openly show her feeling to others except to him of course

• Like 5