[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

Nothing great happened. So this Friday all are back to square one.

Good thing is ED playing games and winning it too with TI as usual helping her out. Each side is getting the points rather then just bad or good winning.

Jeehoon character here reminds very much of the actor's role in Lovers in bloom.

Now that ED knows truth she has melted towards TI  and I am afraid she will tend to lean on him once again. Hope this time TI will not fail her.

TI SJ marriage will get another jerk  once Chairman Han and TI's mom come face to face.Then SJ mom's true colour will come out , she herself won't let this marriage happen and as  @Saja La said would try to get rid of TI's mom who is like a ticking bomb with amnesia ! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, shana0127 said:

Jeehoon character here reminds very much of the actor's role in Lovers in bloom.

Ikr! The rich chairman son character he's playing is always the same! He'll be nice to the girl's family, gets himself involved in a love triangle, and screams like and idiot.  Just smh at this point.

Episode 20 was such a bummer. ED is hired again. So unnecessary to fire her as it contributed nothing to the plot. I swear most of the episodes don't even contribute the main plot, all we're watching it this clownery! It's like 2+1-1=2, at the  end, you're back to square one. But then again, that's how you reach the 100th episode mark. Such a disappointment.

@chococarmela you can start watching the old dramas now, let us do the ranting. :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

12 hours ago, maribella said:

I am beginning to like the idea that TI is the Chairman's son and JiHoon  is adopted by the SJ's mother and the chairman.  I need a break from all these melodrama. Is anyone watching World of the married? Someone recommended that. I may alternate it with this show. 100 more ? :unamused:

Me too, i really like it if Ji Hoon is NOT the real son of TI's adopted mom.... However, it may be a long shot of TI to be his son coz of the age difference unless they make it that Ji Hoon's mom is some random one night stand or perhaps SJ's mom brought in an adopted son to replace the son the Chairman has lost long time ago?

If TI was the missing child then the story will be mighty interesting. TI's enemy will double to include SJ's mom, SJ and Ji Hoon ... It will irk Jun Hyuk tenfold if this happened. ?TI's previous women will be highly jealous of TI's current women, lol....

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Secretz said:

you can start watching the old dramas now, let us do the ranting. 

I haven't watched any episodes of this mess since Tuesday, I think, and I'm nearly up to episode 70 of Ice Adonis. I'm at episode 83 or 84 of Pink Lipstick, episode 78 of Cruel Temptation, and episode 44 of Sister is Alive. I tried watching "Flower of the Queen", but the subs on Dramacool were terrible and made no sense. :( I may attempt to watch "Glass Mask", "Eve's Love" or "Midnight Apgujeong Sun" again

I'll check back next week to see if this show improves slightly.

@yamiyugi, so sorry for not replying! I agree, Grace/Hwayeong's revenge plan made no sense. She's a total sociopath, and the husband is pathetic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I haven't watched any episodes of this mess since Tuesday, I think, and I'm nearly up to episode 70 of Ice Adonis. I'm at episode 83 or 84 of Pink Lipstick, episode 78 of Cruel Temptation, and episode 44 of Sister is Alive. I tried watching "Flower of the Queen", but the subs on Dramacool were terrible and made no sense. :( I may attempt to watch "Glass Mask", "Eve's Love" or "Midnight Apgujeong Sun" again

I'll check back next week to see if this show improves slightly.

@yamiyugi, so sorry for not replying! I agree, Grace/Hwayeong's revenge plan made no sense. She's a total sociopath, and the husband is pathetic.

I love pink lipstick! It was my very first revenge drama and cruel temptation is just a classic lol I might start rewatching the promise 

Is sister is alive good? I have never watched it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Saja La said:

Me too, i really like it if Ji Hoon is NOT the real son of TI's adopted mom.... However, it may be a long shot of TI to be his son coz of the age difference unless they make it that Ji Hoon's mom is some random one night stand or perhaps SJ's mom brought in an adopted son to replace the son the Chairman has lost long time ago?

If TI was the missing child then the story will be mighty interesting. TI's enemy will double to include SJ's mom, SJ and Ji Hoon ... It will irk Jun Hyuk tenfold if this happened. ?TI's previous women will be highly jealous of TI's current women, lol....

I have not caught on anything about TI being adopted. That is his stepmother. You are right, he could not be the chairman's son. Her things were found at the beach so it was thought she had drowned. Her son was snatched from her. My guess it was Ji Hoon. Then TI's widowed father rescued or met the amnesiac woman. If it were TI, she had to be pregnant when she met TI's father. Oh well, who knows they might change HJH into a less annoying idiot.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

I love pink lipstick! It was my very first revenge drama and cruel temptation is just a classic lol I might start rewatching the promise 

Is sister is alive good? I have never watched it

Pink Lipstick is good! Gosh, I hate the grandma there... my favorite character in Cruel Temptation is Haneul and Lady Min

Yes! It gets repetitive at times but it’s always interesting enough to keep you on your toes. The comedy is also well-done and not super cheesy/slapstick like most dramas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Other than the main plot drivers ....

( Who has whose heart and how - Who killed EDs dad - Family secrets/corporate hierarchy )

I love how no scheme or plot lasts more than an episode or two ...

ED gets more jail time - its TI, no its JH

ED puts incriminating docs in TIs office - TI knows its ED and knows who sent her

ED steals TIs docs - TI knows she did

HW has ED fired/leaks her records - everyone finds out she did it - ED rehired

ED films HW going into TIs suite - everyone finds out

etc etc etc

As absurd as it is, I'm actually kinda liking it :lol:

LCO

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

As absurd as it is, I'm actually kinda liking it :lol:

same here! it feels rather relaxing to watch. am giggling in every episode even if it is not supposed to be funny... :lol:

hye won is turning out to be hilarious because she is someone who keeps putting her foot in mouth. loved the eye roll that jun hyuk gave her that she outed herself to myung hee about visiting tae in's hotel room. her attitude is a weird mix -- she seems to self loathe herself as she is very aware of the things she has done in order to raise herself up but at the same time, she seems to think it is justified and somehow that gives her the right to be better than everyone else because she sacrificed herself.. ummm, okay, marrying into the crazy family is not the same as a medical exam that one slogs over and then gets the degree. ^_^

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

So before I start my post I want to thank @maribella for clarifying why Tae In’s mother tried to commit suicide back in the day. I still have issues with that but that isn’t anybody’s fault but the writers for being a bit vague. Will get down to that in a bit.

Now on to other things.

Spoiler

Somebody mentioned how fast things were progressing and if this was even a daily due to the speed. Have to agree on the matter regarding the speed. We have already arrived at episode 20 which surprised even me that I didn’t even notice the episodes going at this pace and I even wondered if I missed any. Plot wise things have to slow down at some point if they want to keep the 100 episode count. I do wonder what those things could be. Might come up with a few ideas down the road but we will have to wait and see.

Regarding this episode itself. We mostly had to deal with the fact that Eun Dong got fired and its brief aftermath where everyone tried to blackmail the other party to get what they wanted. Ie Eun Dong used the video footage of Hye Won entering Tae In’s hotel room late at night when he was alone, Tae In just tried to convince everyone that it was unfair to terminate her and whatnot, Jun Hyuk on the other hand was forced to accept Eun Dong back (due to video footage blackmail) but still tried to use it to his advantage by blackmailing Tae In to have his loyal minions rehired otherwise he would reveal the fact that Eun Dong was the one that planted the documents in his (Tae In’s) office. But he would have charged her with stealing confidential documents instead and thus she would have to serve time once again.

Now at this point it is pretty much a given that Tae In will be forced to go along with his demands. Unfortunately, I feel that since the Chairman will agree to the request (because Tae In will present it in a way that makes sense to hire them back). Problem is that if the Chairman does do that I will feel extremely frustrated by him. Jun Hyuk keeps claiming that his people were unjustly fired because they were loyal to him and Tae In is trying to get rid of all his support. But the thing here is that I find that hard to believe. While those facts may certainly be true the Chairman doesn’t seem to be the person to just fire someone on such charges. Take for example he tried to find a way to make things work out for Eun Dong so she wasn’t unjustly fired. Perhaps it may have something to do with him being convinced by his son and a bit by Tae In. regardless he attempted to do right. So it doesn’t seem that he would fire people groundlessly. Tae In also doesn’t seem the type to get rid of people without facts since things may not work out for him later on. This would mean that those loyal workers of Jun Hyuk must have done things under Jin Hyuks orders such as making those slush funds or something along those lines. Tae In would have gathered said evidence and presented them to the Chairman. Who would then have fired said people on that basis. Now if the Chairman hires them again even after knowing all this then I don’t know what to say. Then again this is the same person that is willing to look the other way in regards to his families’ actions and keep Jun Hyuk in the company even knowing just what kind of person he actually is. So if anything bad happens to the Chairman based on this decision he probably deserves it wouldn’t you agree.

Other things that happened in the episode was another near miss between the chairman and Tae In’s mother. Clearly this is going to be another deciding factor on whether or not Tae In and Seo Ju can get married. If that is in the cards, then since they apparently don’t share a drop of blood then it will turn out to be okay. But my question is just how long can they drag out this point. At the rate that we are going I wouldn’t be surprised that the marriage will happen and they still won’t find out the truth. Actually the secret needs to be revealed atleast to the parents before the wedding. Let’s assume that they miss each other on another meeting of the parents. How that happens remains to be seen since the other side may just get offended unless it is the mothers turn to faint due to some shock or some other factor. But there is no way that the parents are going to miss out on the actual wedding date especially when you consider that you have to meet and greet the guests. Unless the Chairman’s side of the family are so embarrassed of him that they decide to invite only close friends and family or just the immediate family. Then it may be possible to drag the family secret for a few more episodes.

Speaking of marriage between them. Eun Dong managed to apparently pull a fast one or did she. Over here did the writer mess up. She confronts Hye Won and makes her believe that she knows about how she was at the hotel room. Only for Hye Won to incriminate herself when actually she was talking about how Hye Won spread Eun Dong’s file regarding her serving time. Problem with this is that she was aware of the truth since she confronted Tae In about it and even knew the details of what actually happened (since he was sort of forced to reveal them). But over here she pretended not to know about it. Why? Did she want Hye Won to incriminate herself or was she trying to catch the two in a lie and thus slip up. Such as would both of them mention the fact that she was there so that he would help her avoid punishment or that they would have two different stories that wouldn’t match up and thus she would suspect that they were having an affair. Not sure if that was actually possible if those two were cheating they would have covered all their bases. For instance, since she confronted Tae In much earlier he could have easily contacted Hye Won and warned her about this and told her what story to go along with. That is if they were cheating. Then again she probably knows this and will keep a watchful eye on them. So atleast this is more or less feasible.

But what isn’t is the fact about Tae In’s mother attempting to commit suicide and the fact that Ji Hoon went missing. Even if I try and match up the different facts that we know things seem to be odd. Which again makes me question the fact if the writer made a mistake. Hopefully they will be explained down the line and prove me wrong.

So for starters we have Ji Hoon snatched from his mother who then attempts to commit suicide. Fortunately for her she gets rescued. Ji Hoon is then abandoned in some remote area. Fortunately for him he is rescued in time by Eun Dong and her father. But the Chairman for some weird reason thinks that his wife and Ji Hoon’s mother abandoned him in that field. Now let’s just take these facts into consideration first. Just how well does the chairman even know his wife that he would even be willing to believe that she could do something. Was she forced to write a fake letter or did the kidnappers leave a fake one for the chairman to find. Even then how could he have bought that so easily. In this case the chairman doesn’t think that this could be a kidnapping. Will get down to that in a bit. But now let’s move on to other things in the same area.

Once his dad returned for him Ji Hoon refused to return because a certain someone was over there. Now who could this person be. It certainly couldn’t be his mother that he was referring to at this point. She doesn’t seem the time to be harsh towards him and she was more than willing to take her own life because she either lost all hope of finding him or that she didn’t want to live in a world without her son. This goes to show that the mother actually had feelings for her son that didn’t make her think straight. Also from what we can tell he atleast still thinks about his mother unless I am recalling wrong. This means that there should have been another person that he was referring to. One would have assumed that this would have been his stepmother. But that doesn’t make sense. It would have if the Chairman had married her sometime after his wife went missing and thinking that his son needed a mother figure married the stepmother. She would then have been an evil stepmother to him. Thus his hesitance to return home could make more sense. But from what we are gathering is that he was abandoned almost immediately after he was taken. Unless the poor kid had multiple kidnapping attempts made on him or he was initially brought home that day but then later on after dad remarried this happened. But like I said the wordings of the characters don’t seem to imply this.

Yes, it is certainly possible that the stepmother used to live in the same house with him and she was actually the chairman’s mistress. But the problem with that theory is that it doesn’t seem to match with the current chairman’s image that we have been watching. Jun Hyuk and family can’t tell him the truth in regards to the actual heart swap because they know that he would take legal measures against them and even kick them out. Infact most of the times he seems to do just that. He got rid of all the corrupt people at work thanks to being informed of their crimes by Tae In. He was almost willing to send Jun Hyuk to the prosecutors for his crimes if he wasn’t put under so much pressure from his wife and her family. So I have a hard time that he had a mistress back then. Then again time changes people so it may have been possible. But this would mean that the two women must have met back then. If they lived in the same house. Yet neither of them seemed to recognize the other when they met in this episode. Though this could be easily explained by the fact that since they were meeting after such a long time they couldn’t recognize each other or that one of them had amnesia thus we get back to the same point.

Regardless them not recognizing each other could mean one of two things. Either they never lived with each other so they never met until now or has been discussed could recognize each other due to memory loss (amnesia or due to time). If it is the former, then it could certainly be possible that her brother acted out on his own back then just so that his sister could marry into that house and he was just taking precautions to get rid of all threats to her. This might be used as a redeeming factor for her later on and also allow the two mothers to make up and become best friends or something along those lines.

Moving onto Hye Won and her marriage. We discover that prior to her marriage to Jun Hyuk she was pregnant with Tae In’s kid and when Jun Hyuk discovered this he demanded that she get an abortion if she wanted to remain with him. He even arranged for his dad to do it (or atleast at his hospital). Now I believe that he writer added that scene for us to feel pity for her and believe that Jun Hyuk is a terrible person. But for some reason I don’t feel an ounce of pity for her regarding this. By the end of the day she chose all those choices on her own. While I can understand why she did the latter. She must have simply thought that since she had come so far it was too late for her to return or make amends and thus if she wanted to make something of her life and get ahead it would be to accept Jun Hyuk’s offer. Probably as she also suspected that Tae In wouldn’t take her back after all that she did to him and his family etc… Jun Hyuk on the other hand only told her to do that because he didn’t want to have any sign of his rival around and to further break him at the right moment by revealing this fact.

Though one has to wonder how exactly did he know that the kid was actually Tae In’s and not his. Unless they just had little get togethers at his place and not do anything else. Which is equally confusing. Does explain though why she wasn’t all that comfortable when he forced a kiss on her when Seo Ju caught them in the act.

Anyway the other thing that we learn about that marriage is that she still hasn’t been able to conceive. Wonder what the reason for that could be. Is it Karma punishing her for her earlier act or is there more to the story. For instance, is she taking preventing measures on her own since she doesn’t want any child from him or they don’t actually sleep together. Since he got what he wanted by marrying her. He merely just keeps her around in the fear that she would return to Tae In if he let her go and that Tae In would accept her back.

The one thing that actually worries me about this show is the endgame between Tae In and Eun Dong. Not even marriage between the other couples can ease my worries. Remember the show A Place In The Sun where the main leads briefly married the second leads but they ended up getting divorced and the main leads ended back together. I guess nothing beats true love by the end of the day. Well I sometimes get the same feeling over here. Take for instance the fact that Tae In still keeps the handkerchief on which Eun Dong wrote her name and details as it is and a picture of them with their dads. If she didn’t mean all that much to him he would have atleast had the handkerchief washed so that he could use it again instead of preserving it like that. The picture can be explained of since it consists of him and his father so he wouldn’t want to throw it away. This does make me wonder if he kept the password to those important documents as Eun Dong’s name. further showing how much he cares about her and all this seems to be more than simply feeling that he owes her for not acting out back then and getting justice for both her father and her. As I mentioned the handkerchief is a clear example of this. Also considering the fact that she did it before her father died. Indicating that he had her on his mind for a longer period of time than expected.

Frankly I ship her with Jo Hoon because he seems to care about her and goes out of his way to help her. Not only that but he looks out for her family as well and treats them occasionally to Fried Chicken. Plus, he has already been given her little brothers approval of being together. He hangs out with them even when he doesn’t need to. Making him a better person. His flaw does seem to be that he isn’t all that serious but he makes up for that with his big heart. She needs more of that to heal rather than someone that she shares common goals of sorts. Plus, that other guy is totally closed so nobody knows what he is actually thinking about.

I guess Ji Hoon might have to join the dark side briefly so that we can’t ship him anymore with her. For instance, discovers that his bio mother is also Tae In’s mother. this means that he will feel angrier and hurt that Tae In took away another family member from him and their love that was supposed to come his way. It will also probably not help that Tae In and Eun Dong harbor feelings for each other. Meaning that he will lose out on love from everyone. Hope that I am wrong in this department though. Can’t they keep him nice till the end of the show regardless of the fact that he gets the girl or not.

Now let’s try and move onto other stuff.

@maribella Have to agree that part when Tae In and Seo Ju modeled for that photoshoot they totally seemed uncomfortable. Don’t know if the actress for Seo Ju was a former model turned into an actress. Nor do I really have an issue with her weight. Looks fine to me.

@Lmangla Totally agree that he should have atleast slipped the ring on her finger before rushing out like that. Did find it odd that he was still expecting her to stay over there after he left her like that. But he probably thought that she wouldn’t want to waste the money like that since she had booked to room for the entire night. But it still goes to show just how interested he is in her. He could have easily contacted her again once he returned and let her know that he would be there and was waiting for her.

@Saja La I feel that his response about the spoons was more in regards to the lies that he has been fed by the rest of his family in regards to Tae In. Such as how he wants to kick out the rest of the family and take over the company for himself. A perfect example is how he is trying to get rid of Jun Hyuk. Now his actual reasons are to get rid of all the corrupt people in the company but Ji Hoon not knowing these facts blindly believes that Tae In is out to get rid of his family and take over the company. Thus he wants to prevent him marrying into the family since he also knows that his sister is going to be in an unhappy marriage if this is true. Frankly Ji Hoon needs to get smarter if he wants to survive in that family of his and discover the truth on his own so that he can protect his family from the real villains. As for him falling for Eun Dong if that hasn’t already happened. (You don’t stalk a female student just like that if you don’t have some sort of feelings or have an interest in them) then it will be because he knows what kind of person that she is and that she isn’t all that ambitious etc.. He will probably be proven wrong in that regard but we will have to see. Perhaps he might agree to marry her so that she can take her revenge. Sometimes people do weird things when they are in love.

Also in regards to Eun Dong having free access to Tae In’s house/room. I on the other hand am more curious as to when his dad will recognize her as his friend’s daughter and what is reaction to it is going to be and to the fact that her father’s heart beats in his chest. Will he be the one to make things right between the families and all? Will be interesting to watch.

@shana0127 While I agree that Tae In is a person that has reached his position due to his own hard work and skill I still don’t think that he is right for Eun Dong. When a person is in a relationship the most important factor between the couples has to be trust. Sadly, this has been lost between the two. A perfect example is what happened recently. She got fired thanks to Hye Won. What was Eun Dong’s response. She wonders if he was actually behind that as well and that is what those two (Tae In and Hye Won) discussed when they met at that hotel room late at night. She still at times thinks that he considers Hye Won as his woman and that he needs to protect her. This is even after she knows that he goes out of his way to help her out. Like when he forced her former cellmate to confess the truth to her and all. If this continues then even if they get married they probably will end up in a relationship like the second leads. Naturally by the time they do decide to marry each other if that is in the cards all the misunderstandings will be resolved so this might not be the case. But I doubt that issues such as doubt can be cleared away so easily. As for the matter about Tae In giving Eun Dong such free hand. He really doesn’t have much of a choice in this department. First of all, he feels that is the only way that he can make amends. The other is that by now he has discovered that Eun Dong is going to do what she wants no matter what. This means that even though he can advise her not to do something she might still do it unless he can give her a good reason. Unfortunately, she is so blinded by revenge that she can’t tell which is for her own good or whether he is simply telling her not to do something so that he can save his own skin (that is what it appears to her). This means that he is stuck looking after her and cleaning up her messes while he has less time to further his own agenda.

Actually folks we still can’t rule out Eun Dong with a Birth Secret of her own. For some reason we all believe that Ji Hoon is the Chairman’s child. Also assuming that the Chairman was actually married to Tae In’s mother and lived with her that could be possible. Not sure how many of you over here watch the show Bad Love. But over there the main male lead was living with the female leads sister. At times they referred to themselves as married other times as just engaged since they still hadn’t gotten approval from his parents and all. So we need to wait and see how things turn out over here. For instance, was he married to her in the same way or were they legally married. See how dramas can get confusing. Now as to the matter of Eun Dong being related to him. Does anyone remember the first meeting between the two? He was thinking about his wife and was thus in the marketplace. At this point Eun Dong bumps into him with her little brother. He mistakes them for a parent and child relationship. Which mind you nobody has bothered to correct. (even Tae Joon is under the same impression. Must be family genetics). Once she leaves after apologizing to him he looks up to get a flashback of his wife and how he introduced her to shop numbers and told her to remember them and not mix them up. We then had him move onto another flashback with her when she was pregnant. So at this point Eun Dong can also be his long lost daughter. Perhaps the babies were swapped at birth. Wouldn’t put it past a drama at this point.

@chococarmela No problem at all. Glad to agree on that drama. Some of those dramas that you mentioned sound nice and thanks to you I also know where to watch them. So thanks once again.

Anyway folks this covers most of my points for the time being. Take care all of you and keep posting. Am so far enjoying this show as a comedy as some of you. Hope this show stays like this till the end and doesn’t disappoint us like some of the other shows. So till next time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yamiyugi said:

She doesn’t seem the time to be harsh towards him and she was more than willing to take her own life because she either lost all hope of finding him or that she didn’t want to live in a world without her son. This goes to show that the mother actuall

I think the suicide attempt was after some time after her baby was snatched. She could be searching for him, gave up and tried to kill herself. When JiHoon was kidnapped, he was already living with the chairman. The 'she' whom he didn't like must be SJ's mum. But it's rather strange why the Chairman thought she abandoned the baby when he was actually snatched.  I think someone must have snatched the baby and brought him to the chairman, telling him that the baby was abandoned. It could also be the same person who left him in the bush.

• Like 6

@yamiyugi ~ so I am also shipping eun dong with ji hoon and think those two are a better match. like you pointed out, trust is a huge issue between her and tae in. the other issue is forgiveness. even when eun dong found he had nothing to do with her parole extension, she feels nothing has changed as he is the one who abandoned her father to save his own. now, there have been other dramas where all sorts of nonsense gets forgiven or forgotten and the leads get together but "you killed my father" is a tough one to get over.

it is not a misunderstanding but he did choose to look the other way and ignore the actions of hye won and jun hyuk so that his father could get a transplant. there is still a bit of doubt whether eun dong's father died of natural complications or whether hye won did something to ensure there would be a transplant. her father's murder (pushed off building) was turned into a suicide and she too ended up in jail. in other complicated dramas, it is the parents that have done the terrible things and so there is a romeo juliet vibe. here, tae in's dad is innocent and it is tae in who made that decision to not do anything at that moment. would there have been a different outcome for eun dong and her dad if he had pursued the case with authorities? -- this is not exactly a question that leads to romance.

as of now, there is no romantic vibe but there is a curious kind of repel+camaraderie kind of feel. given how tae in comes across like a robot, it is unclear if he feels anything more than the burden of guilt. does he even notice her as a woman? it doesn't seem so. with ji hoon, we see that he thinks of her. he is aware that he might be falling for her and when these two are around, there is happy music in the background and people are already raising their eyebrow a little. so he tells eun dong not to drink so much and immediately all the staff are like "you drank together before?" hye won's mom who owns the restaurant thinks there is something cooking between the two when she sees them having lunch together at the restaurant.

given it is a daily, we can't predict for sure whether it will be a triangle or not and how the characters will get paired up. as of now, am just enjoying the madness and not looking at the romance angle too closely.

18 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Now I believe that he writer added that scene for us to feel pity for her and believe that Jun Hyuk is a terrible person. But for some reason I don’t feel an ounce of pity for her regarding this. By the end of the day she chose all those choices on her own.

didn't feel sorry for hye won either. had a different interpretation of that scene -- like you said, it was a bit awkward and feels like this bit was tacked on later by the writer as there are gaps in chronology. who knows. but I think the scene was meant to make us feel bad for tae in and his position. even though she cheated on him, he may have felt trapped to do anything because she was carrying his child. so he felt compelled to protect her but then there ends up being no baby.

since jun hyuk is a liar, it is difficult to tell when he is telling the truth. it is quite clear that hye won and him were having a physical affair and she was even living there somewhat. his family despises her because their relationship started out of an affair but she has never denied that she was a cheater. so perhaps she didn't know who the father was and decided to just abort. or there was no baby at all or there was a natural miscarriage. or given her ambitions to be head of surgery, she doesn't want children at all and just made the decision for herself. despite jun hyuk telling her repeatedly to stay still, the woman keeps going and messing things up for him. so it is not like he has control over her or anything like that -- she is not a pushover by any means.. we should find more as the drama goes what the actual story is on this arc...

• Like 3

If I heard it right Chairman asked TI to cancel the marriage in preview.Don't know if TI's mom recognised Chairman Han but he surely recognised her.

HJH ED have got this friendship- bonding.Now they cheer each other in down times.

TI is getting lonely with burden of all those secrets. I really feel bad for him. All tend to lean on him for support .Chairman Han, SJ ,his parents and in future he must take of HJH as well. And yes ED's responsibility he must take by default thanks to his broken promise ! 

Suddenly out of blue ,he has this little stepbrother  like HJH thanks to his mom and Chairman Han! Plus keeping ED on his side is dangerous too.This time though I feel she will his support after some initial hiccups .

TI is human , he can't carry it all. He must take a break 

• Like 6

It's clear, TI's stepmum is HJH's birth mother. The preview shows both Chairman and TI's mum crying. I am guessing that they recognise each other but will not divulge the relationship. So for the next 10-15 episodes, we will see TI's mother trying to catch a glimpse of HJH, bringing food for him, :D and causing much confusion to TI and HJH.

HJH was not kidnapped at 4 year's old, he ran away from home. But Dr.Choi saw him and must have taken advantage of the situation and dumped him somewhere where the Chas found him. 
There was another show which had a stepmother lured a child farther away after the child got lost. She was found a good 30 years later.

• Like 6

I've been watching this drama since day 1, but...I was confused then & even more confused now. Hopefully, things will begin to straighten out soon. Right now I'm watching just to see TI's lips. Pretty, aren't they? He could work 'em a tad more though.

Edited by Takingthehighroad
dangling participle - ha
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

40 minutes ago, Takingthehighroad said:

I've been watching this drama since day 1, but...I was confused then & even more confused now. Hopefully, things will begin to straighten out soon. Right now I'm watching just to see TI's lips. Pretty, aren't they? He could work 'em a tad more though.

nods...yup 
im waiting moments when TI finally kiss ED though it wont be soon

since both of them still dont have romantic feeling for each other yet

• Like 4

9 hours ago, shana0127 said:

TI is human , he can't carry it all. He must take a break 

Hence why i hope ED will be the one that he will be able to depend on/ or talk to so that he has a breathing space.... 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

nods...yup 
im waiting moments when TI finally kiss ED though it wont be soon

since both of them still dont have romantic feeling for each other yet

i second that....

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 4/26/2020 at 6:34 PM, maribella said:

I think the suicide attempt was after some time after her baby was snatched. She could be searching for him, gave up and tried to kill herself. When JiHoon was kidnapped, he was already living with the chairman. The 'she' whom he didn't like must be SJ's mum. But it's rather strange why the Chairman thought she abandoned the baby when he was actually snatched.  I think someone must have snatched the baby and brought him to the chairman, telling him that the baby was abandoned. It could also be the same person who left him in the bush.

Was it really suicide or was it coz she lost her mind/ amnesia hence she just walk away not realizing she left her stuff there by the sea?

• Like 2

this drama is getting better with the interpersonal mess and getting juicier. really enjoyed the episode and myung hee is becoming the character to watch for me. she really is complex. we are seeing some interesting parallels between tae in and chairman even though they are not biologically related. the moment chairman reveals he hadn't a moment's sleep, tae in's ears perk up because he too faces a similar situation -- the burden of guilt.

so we get more details where chairman's dad took baby ji hoon but tae in's mom was abandoned. maybe the grandfather thought boy baby is important but we can't have the bloodline with a wife from the lower class? whatever happened, chairman looked the other way -- he didn't search or find out what really happened and just accepted his dad's version that ji hoon was abandoned. however, the guilt means he has kept everyone within his family at an emotional distance -- myung hee, seo ju as well as ji hoon. the distance meant myung hee never felt at ease and so treated ji hoon with polite distance. rather than cruelty, polite walls here has ruptured this family. found it interesting that neither ji hoon or myung hee have enjoyed this distance and feel resentful towards each other. so it is like they would have preferred they be closer but they are unable to do something about it.

ji hoon despite these walls cares about seo ju and her well being. he wants her to have a marriage with a man who cares about her with genuine love. interestingly, it seems like seo ju is repeating the pattern of her mother and is choosing a man who is emotionally closed off and has secrets. given the parallel between chairman and tae in -- wonder if he will go on to marry seo ju anyway and sort of repeat this pattern of being emotionally closed off while feeling guilty...

ji hoon puts on  clown act but does have deep feelings. what I found interesting is that eun dong responds to that by inviting him over to her house and hearing him out. now whether it will be friends or more, we will have to see but it is clear that eun dong feels great comfort with him, she openly cares for him  and she will be good for him. eun chan is an abandoned baby that her dad added to their family register and now they are family. she is showing ji hoon that ties of the heart can be just as important as blood ties. she asks him why he was unhappy as a child when he had parents and a sister. she doesn't separate seo ju and myung hee as outsiders to ji hoon. will her attitude help him in opening up more to seo ju and myung hee?

ji hoon is also not a fool and can clearly see that eun dong being next to tae in puts her as well as seo ju in uncomfortable positions with gossip mongers. his "I told you so" to tae in near the elevator is a clear message. he still doesn't know what happened with jun hyuk but will he dig deeper? chairman han asked tae in to protect ji hoon if anything happens. well he didn't do a good job with protecting eun dong, will he do better with ji hoon? am wondering if he will try to pair these two up for their own protection perhaps? or ji hoon will step in and try to protect seo ju and eun dong by claiming eun dong as his girlfriend....

it looks like when ji hoon ran away, hospital chairman saw him on the street but chose to ignore. wonder how that secret will come out and the effect. myung hee's smackdown of hye won was hilarious to watch though. am loving their enmity! ^_^

• Like 6