[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

2 hours ago, maribella said:

@UnniSarah Brilliant heritage is the one with the FL being married to a grandpa? I read the forum a bit but decided against it. No incestuous stuff for me, even fake.

I am watching once again, it's enjoyable. the second lead is more of the strong dependable type and absolutely honest with his feeling than the ML.

I had a look at My wonderful life, dont think I like the FL. I'have seen her before.

What else is the writer going to throw at us? There Are dozens more episodes.

Sorry to hear that Brilliant Inheritage is not to your liking based on the synopsis... 

Maybe i can better describe the story line for you. ..?

The Male lead, BSA and Female  lead met way before the BSA dad was "thought to be dying".  They both seems to help each other. And when the BSA's dad was thought to be dead, he saw his 4 sons was fighting and throwing food while fighting for his wealth that very night. As his spirit return back to his body, BSA's dad vow to straighten his 4 sons to be a decent human being (3 are basically living off their dad's money & 1 son is a successful in his career (BSA).  

The FL got conned so she lost $80,000.00...... So, BSA's dad found the FL and made a deal with the FL. He'll give $100,000 and she'll pretend to be his new wife so that she can help straighten all 4 of his sons......  So, after deciding that she will do it, they "pretend" to do a ceremony and all 4 of his children and DIL got panic and split the "happy" couple apart.. BSA got extra angry when the girl that he kinda like is his new step mom.... LOL

When she moved in, they stay in different room (apparently its a norm for old folks). BSA and his daughter is staying at his dad's house too. 

Later they "announce" that they want to go on a honeymoon, so out of panic, BSA agree to drive the new couple to BUSAN...! BSA told his brothers to come. So not a time were the couple alone, 4 for sons make sure of it.... I think the actual plan was to get all 4 of his sons together for a family holiday trip.... The FL make sure there are photos of all son with their father..... This episode was hilarious to watch....

Next they "pretend" that they want to submit the marriage, so all hell loose to prevent them from submitting it- BSA's dad did this is to "show" that if they don't behave, the new wife will get their dad's wealth.... 

BSA later found out that they did not register anything even though they took photo in front of the gov'mt office to say they have register.... LOL.... BSA was no longer angry and he was willing to help reform his siblings....

One by one, the FL is trying to reform NOT only the "step son" but also the DIL too.... heheh

Oh,you can just skipped FL's side of the family or DIL's story line... 

• Like 4

kekeke.... based on jun hyuk's reaction to eun dong and ji hoon getting married, he should be the third leg of this triangle. the way he was gritting his teeth and so upset! :lol: LOL. must say the actor is doing more than the script has given him -- he is drawing jun hyuk to be quite complex and the stunned unsure reactions between him and eun chan are great to watch. really well done! now, am really starting to wonder why he dumped his ex for hye won of all people. it seems like if he knew there was a baby, he would have totally intervened and raised the baby. hmmm...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.... based on jun hyuk's reaction to eun dong and ji hoon getting married, he should be the third leg of this triangle. the way he was gritting his teeth and so upset! :lol: LOL. must say the actor is doing more than the script has given him -- he is drawing jun hyuk to be quite complex and the stunned unsure reactions between him and eun chan are great to watch. really well done! now, am really starting to wonder why he dumped his ex for hye won of all people. it seems like if he knew there was a baby, he would have totally intervened and raised the baby. hmmm...

Well he had same reaction when TI SJ were getting married . He just hates TI and ED . 

He has no choice but to take EC coz HW cannot bear baby . He loves HW , it’s HW who makes him crazy going to TI begging  to save her A.,?;($&  which TI so coldly rejects. Plus she also acts on her own bringing him down even more. 

CJH fell in his chair when he was told by his secretary that it was TI who financially supported EC for seven years when ED was in jail. For him it’s like two people he hates most have actually been raising his son till now! :crymeme:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

So they are going to have wedding and ED plans to move in with MH SJ and play MOther in law And Sister in law  with them . May be call in HW her ABBA MIL and ghost mother too . So that they can  play women’s soccer in Chairman Han living room. 

@chococarmela come see this is how ED is planning her revenge :yaaa:

PS : MH is making it unregistered marriage so that things can be reset if she looses the match 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

So they married and now we will have MIL DIL SILsoccer at Hans. Obviously I am not interested in that , we already have better one going on in Brillient Inheritance.  

Now rich HJH  and his super rich papa are going to get justice for ED right ! But then why TI is still busy  digging around that man needs a break . He should go fishing or tracking or a trip to Jeju island .   ED is a chebol  DIL , more powerful then President of China right !!! Now she can put Choi behind bars  and be happy ever after . 

@maribella you had said corporate does not promise happiness and this drama is about how middle class family can be far happier . Well I don’t see that here ! 

Moral we get from Fatal Promise till episode 70 Middle class family like TI have always to suffer  . Somebody like Mr Cha has to die extra to save a middle class family . Rich people get things  anyways be it a kid from a poor mother or heart transplant !

Or you become like HW and ED and marry rich guy  to get a higher position  or to protect yourself ! Only rich can survive in Korea!! And middle class people  have no life!! They just lick high class people shoes !! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

I'm out for now.... 

However, should the following happen, do buzz me huh?

Jun Hyuk will successfully get his son from ED while HJH is helpless to do anything... All his boast of his "power" was useless. Hence the marriage would have been a waste of time for ED, LOL .. And as the little EC is CJH redeeming card, Jun Hyuk you and your family should take good care of the little EC.... Change EC's name back to Nam Bin, Choi Nam Bin..... Do let EC find out what his former "sister" is planning on doing to his bio dad, hence EC will ask ED to stop her plans....  Ouri TI, will respect EC plea to let him live with his bio dad, with the argument that his dad never did know he was even alive to begin with.... 

CJH will agree to let TI and his family to see EC coz TI has been the one supporting his son this past 6 years, however, ED are not allowed to be around EC without supervisor for fear ED will run off with his son... ED gets less perks coz she only started taking care of EC only less than a few months...

Since nobody can actually prove CJH push ED's dad off the building, so as long as CJH shut his yap, the law can't get him for murder..... Just like OJ case.... They can only get  CJH being there, if EC's uncle testify as witness that is... 

Sigh, the k-writer ruined it by making ED marrying the crybaby.... TI, don't take ED later on ok? No need to take crybaby left overs okay dear? You are worth much more than to take left overs esp from the crybaby .... She made the bed, so she need to lie on it.... 

The actor playing Kang Tae In, see you in ur next k-drama huh.... 

• Like 4

@shana0127 @Saja La ~ wait a second, so in today's episode, the marriage actually happened? like for real happened? nobody burst in the last minute to say "I object!"? eun dong didn't run away at the last minute because tae in had a brain malfunction? LOL, am in shock! :omg: 

I thought we are just going to have some long extended custody battle and some interesting mystery with the man in black...

P.S ~ chingus, check out the badge event and place your votes for the badges you would like to see in the shop. the community has come up with some really cool unique artwork that is reflective of the dramas we watch. fun! :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@shana0127 @Saja La ~ wait a second, so in today's episode, the marriage actually happened? like for real happened? nobody burst in the last minute to say "I object!"? eun dong didn't run away at the last minute because tae in had a brain malfunction? LOL, am in shock! :omg: 

I saw tip bits at U- tub e, saw a scene where our TI watching a wedding ceremony, so i guess it happened...  Anyway, hope TI just settle trying to get evidence to clear ED's dad name and let HJH Unsuccessfully trying to prevent EC going to CJH with his boast that he has the "power" to protect ED and EC?..... Wouldn't it be funny if CJH called the police on HJH for kidnapping his son....? heheh...

Anyway, about those badges, what are they're for? Will it be added as emoji later on? i saw a bit of those badges, sure, some was really adorable,  but i don't even know which drama they were from....

If those badges were meant for emoji, i would love it if there is a fancy white truck of doom emoji, superman emoji, smack down emoji, slapping another person emoji, knock your head on the wall, so angry that smoke coming out of ones ears, run over someone emoji, "L" loser on the forehead  emoji, crybaby emoji (this is for HJH, so don't have to type the word crybaby anymore)... .heheh

• Like 3

@Lmangla TI was quit cool about marriage and HJH was like so proud saying now I am ED guardian , till now he was jealous why TI is her guardian while for TI it was like cool I got rid of an headache :joy:.... TI clapped and ED happily married another guy . TI actually just never romantically wanted to have ED. It was ED who liked him and got rejected so girl moved on  and Ajushi clapped . 

Anyways I will be here to see how my TI gets rid of this guilt crap and happily move on with SJ . That girl is best for him since  TI  needs no pampering or a fangirl.

@Saja La Kdrama FL always marry chebol for revenge ! I thought this drama was different  since TI character has been strong . But seems like kdrama Writer can’t get rid of their old habit :joy:Well Ko Se Won really got me caught in this mess . 

Edited by shana0127
Sajala
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Saja La said:

I saw tip bits at U- tub e, saw a scene where our TI watching a wedding ceremony, so i guess it happened.

ah I see. then we can know more once we watch the episode.

badges are just a cool new feature. so if you see the left of this post, under my name, there will be some small icons -- those are badges I bought. and if you go to your profile page, there is now a section called "trophies & medals" where you can see bigger versions of the badges you bought. basically it is just to have fun. (we used to have something like that in the old soompi platform).  there are some new emojis but badges are a separate feature.

36 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

Anyways I will be here to see how my TI gets rid of this guilt crap and happily move on with SJ . That girl is best for him since  TI  needs no pampering or a fangirl.

in the beginning, I found his energy with seo ju really interesting and was disappointed when they abruptly broke up. she did seem like a good fit for him.

• Thanks 2

On 7/7/2020 at 7:57 PM, Saja La said:

Sorry to hear that Brilliant Inheritage is not to your liking based on the synopsis... 

Maybe i can better describe the story line for you. ..?

The Male lead, BSA and Female  lead met way before the BSA dad was "thought to be dying".  They both seems to help each other. And when the BSA's dad was thought to be dead, he saw his 4 sons was fighting and throwing food while fighting for his wealth that very night. As his spirit return back to his body, BSA's dad vow to straighten his 4 sons to be a decent human being (3 are basically living off their dad's money & 1 son is a successful in his career (BSA).  

The FL got conned so she lost $80,000.00...... So, BSA's dad found the FL and made a deal with the FL. He'll give $100,000 and she'll pretend to be his new wife so that she can help straighten all 4 of his sons......  So, after deciding that she will do it, they "pretend" to do a ceremony and all 4 of his children and DIL got panic and split the "happy" couple apart.. BSA got extra angry when the girl that he kinda like is his new step mom.... LOL

When she moved in, they stay in different room (apparently its a norm for old folks). BSA and his daughter is staying at his dad's house too. 

Later they "announce" that they want to go on a honeymoon, so out of panic, BSA agree to drive the new couple to BUSAN...! BSA told his brothers to come. So not a time were the couple alone, 4 for sons make sure of it.... I think the actual plan was to get all 4 of his sons together for a family holiday trip.... The FL make sure there are photos of all son with their father..... This episode was hilarious to watch....

Next they "pretend" that they want to submit the marriage, so all hell loose to prevent them from submitting it- BSA's dad did this is to "show" that if they don't behave, the new wife will get their dad's wealth.... 

BSA later found out that they did not register anything even though they took photo in front of the gov'mt office to say they have register.... LOL.... BSA was no longer angry and he was willing to help reform his siblings....

One by one, the FL is trying to reform NOT only the "step son" but also the DIL too.... heheh

Oh,you can just skipped FL's side of the family or DIL's story line... 

Thank you for the summary @Saja La  I am just squeamish  about a person having feelings for a step parent  ( in his mind) even if they were faking it, even if it were for a good cause. For @UnniSarah and also for me, there is hardly any acceptable cause for cheating on one's spouse, we avoid it. 

I would expect the son to avoid the 'couple' at all costs in real life, alas I don't get to write the script, so I avoid it.

Does my wonderful life get better? I mean FL is such a goody two shoe for me, she is bound to turn into a noble idiot if I may extrapolate.

@shana0127  I thought TI's father was going to collapse with all that running and the ceremony was ruined. But sorry dear, I am going put a hex on the writer. May his fingers cramp every half an hour!  Don't give up, in the last preview, vicious MH said something about not being able to register the marriage for 3 years. There is still a missing time leap. That seven years don't count. HJH and ED will break up because HJH realises that his feelings for ED are gratitude not passionate love. Mark my words.

I don't want TI anywhere near SJ or HW. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Both mothers are  hateful. Maybe @LeftCoastOppa can recommend his beloved jailbird? :hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

5 minutes ago, maribella said:

Thank you for the summary @Saja La  I am just squeamish  about a person having feelings for a step parent  ( in his mind) even if they were faking it, even if it were for a good cause. For @UnniSarah and also for me, there is hardly any acceptable cause for cheating on one's spouse, we avoid it. 

Hi @maribella  Spoiler alert 

Spoiler

Gong Gye Ok isn’t married in the drama. They never registered the marriage at all. Sul Ak know about the fake marriage. Too so he doesn’t  really think of her as a stepmom. I feel bad for the FL, she is a doormat. Her family treat her like a money machine. I don’t think they love her except for her nephew. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@maribella by no means I want that jailbird anywhere near my TI .I would prefer him celibate forever :saitama:

I don’t dislike SJ .TI is such a noble idiot , he needs somebody smart and shrewd by his side . SJ did love him , she even rebelled against her own mom for him . But TI just threw her away just like he threw away ED. If keeps on like this why will any girl ever marry him :Fist1:

ED is an opportunist just like SJ . Her marrying other guy proves it . I don’t really care if she goes single or comes back to him . Want TI to date enjoy and be free and later meet someone who can love him unconditionally. 

EDit : is their one more time leap!

• Like 3

watched today's episode with subs -- she is definitely getting married to ji hoon! unless something happens dramatically tomorrow at the ceremony. I started cracking up when abba mama and goldfish chairman were gasping that eun dong was getting married so fast - they made this comment that now that she isn't with tae in, she is moving at lightning speed. LOL. :lol: yea it is so weird as a viewer as well to see a wedding happening so quickly. today's episode was basically shopping and tomorrow is the actual ceremony. if she was supposed to be with ji hoon, couldn't we have a better build up to it? seems so abruptly done. oh well. shrug.

and @shana0127, the preview looked interesting as tae in and seo ju are having some sort of chat -- is the writer going back to that pairing now? :sweatingbullets:

@maribella ~ kekeke... hopefully, we get the evolution mode back; prefer that to dark mode.

• Like 4