[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

10 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

preview ep 2

Preview Translation:

"Call Mom!

"Now I'm done for."

"Elder!" (Translation note: "어르신" refers to someone older to oneself)

"Call the transplant center immediately!"

"Think carefully about which one's survival benefits you more."

"Dad, where are you?"

"Don't move!"

"Don't ever let Kang Tae In know."

"How could you ever ask me to do this?"

"Let's finish this first, and then let's get together." (Translation note: implying a relationship/marriage?)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

the first ep was good and so far, it looks like there may be an affair, some corporate mismanagement, hospital politics, organ transplant mishap, societal issues (bullying, rich people abusing power), murder... looks like quite a heady mix and we should have fun for the next few months. I liked the interaction between the leads and it looks like it will be a two person revenge drama rather than just the female lead perhaps. am wondering if there is supposed to be a large age gap? it looks like he is working already and so in his late 20s or 30s? and she is a senior maybe in high school? and is he married? engaged? it doesn't look like a love match between the doctor and him as she seems super annoyed with him. must say I liked the verbal smackdown the janitor dad gave the rich lady -- but why was he called pseudo priest? was he someone who left the priesthood?

find it interesting that it is lit almost like a short length drama. usually the lighting in dailys are done in a different way. maybe it is just the PD's choice. the acting looks good more or less.

gracious revenge chingus -  @tulip06 @chococarmela @yamiyugi @philosophie @maribella @crystaltears @LeftCoastOppa @laura Washington @fanofr @monalisa @reydevan @Secretz_lol @Ldy Gmerm ~ are you watching?

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

the first ep was good and so far

I agree. I didn't expect the first episode to be that great. Hopefully the dramas will constantly throw suspense and mind-blowing twists at us to keep us engaged, and not make it very calm, because it's a revenge drama, not a peaceful drama. The flashfoward was interesting especially then deal she's suggesting, but she's in prison :bawling:. And then the show goes back to one month ago. I really hope the present time doesn't coeme to late, I hope ED goes to prison within the first 10 episodes, and starts plotting her revenge by then, or else I'd say it's draggy. I really hope the flash forward doesn't disappoint me like Mysterious Personal Shopper, because it took half a drama to reach the flash forward, which is super late in my opinion.

Let's see how this goes, I shouldn't get my hopes up, because the higher the expectations, the greater the disappointment.  

• Like 6

@Secretz ~ it looks like we are going to have some time jumps but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. so we are seeing what happened a month ago but when she signed this IOU on his handkerchief, she gave the year as 2013. so there will be pre and post prison segment perhaps? am also curious about the relationship between eun dong and tae in because in the chart in the first page, it doesn't look like it will be romantic. instead, it looks like there is an arrow between her and ji hoon, the guy who ran into her at the stoplight with his car. so perhaps, the two leads will have a junior-senior kind of relationship?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

~ are you watching?

I am definitely watching this! The first episode actually looked good. Hopefully they keep it this way and don’t give us a lousy ending like they did with the last two dailies I watched, “Gracious Revenge” and “Shady Mom-in-Law”.

• Like 5

Video Preview for Episode 3: 

Translation:

"What do you mean by that?"

"Does this mean that your father can't get the transplant?"

"This is the same as murder.

"A person is dying right now."

"So what?"

"I am a witness."

"Contact the center immediately!"

"I'm worried. He's never going to forgive me."

"I'll make you as someone who doesn't need Kang Tae In."

"I'm not going to let this lie. Then what did you do to my dad?"

"When I uncover proof that you manipulated with my father's turn, I'll kill you myself."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I am definitely watching this! The first episode actually looked good. Hopefully they keep it this way and don’t give us a lousy ending like they did with the last two dailies I watched, “Gracious Revenge” and “Shady Mom-in-Law”.

Ha, all dailies go weird.  You'll get annoyed.  I'm going to watch the show and your comments for the fun of it. :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

we are seeing what happened a month ago but when she signed this IOU on his handkerchief, she gave the year as 2013. so there will be pre and post prison segment perhaps?

I noticed that. But I believe there will be a time jump to the time when ED is released from prison? 

Idk why ED have to be in high school. Like if she's in high school in 2013, She'll be 20+ in 2020? The actress is like 36!

Anyway, episode 2 was ok.  Let's see what's episode 3 about.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Park Hana looks quite young though!

She does. But all the shows I've seen her starred in are in her 30s, even The Promise if I've not mistaken. So, it would be quite weird to see her in her 20s for this show.

• Like 5

@chococarmelaLet's say she's 17 in 2013. Then her birthyear would be 1996.    2020-1996=24yrs old in 2020. That's a possibility. A lot of actors play younger roles. Especially when there's time gaps.  Then a lot of times they use two actors to play the same role. Have you ever seen Sweet 18? A prosecutors' arranged bride is in high school. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brooksmom said:

Have you ever seen Sweet 18? A prosecutors' arranged bride is in high school. 

No, but I just googled. She was 20 when she acted as an 18 year old. But Park Hana is going to act as a character which is 12 years younger than her real age, which is crazy in my opinion. Usually the protagonists in dramas for this timeslot are in their 30s, so it might take some time for me to get use to this.

• Like 4

@Lmangla

I'll join you for this. I was trying to watch Golden pouch since many of you said it's good. But somehow I can't take another stiff, distant man who can't remember his kiddie days and it says that he will have another amnesiac episode. So I have been looking for recaps, can't find.

With apologies to Park Hana's fans, I don't like her acting. But I'll give it a try here. She is 34 and she is playing a school girl? Well the plastic surgery show has 36 or so playing a freshman and it was highly popular. I think Park Ha Na is prettier than her. Just saying. I know the surgery actress is very popular.:phew:

Question:

In Chinese, the given names have meaning. How about Korean? Ha Na is like Hannah, then Me Ri is like Mary,  Yoo Jin is like Eugene... coincidence?

Im Soo Hyang, the plastic surgery show, she was also in Graceful family, another popular show.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Secretz said:

Idk why ED have to be in high school. Like if she's in high school in 2013, She'll be 20+ in 2020? The actress is like 36!

ooh, thanks for letting us know. it did feel strange because they look age appropriate but in the story, there was a large age gap. guess I will just take it in the same way when older cast in their 50s act like they are in 20s in the flashback. ^_^... but your question does make me think -- is there a reason that the character is in high school? am sure that this will somehow be part of the story but I am wondering how. perhaps, she will get a lighter sentence because she is underage?

ep 2 thoughts ~ so we have the stage set for organ transplant mishap. hye won has a leech mother and it looks like she grew up feeling frustrated, bitter and angry. rather than love, she just wants someone who will take care of her. not sure why she is with tae in if she is having an affair on the side with joon hyuk. am still confused on why tae in and hyewon are wearing a wedding ring. are they legally married but have not had their social wedding? tae in is not leaning on hyewon and is instead crying in a corner. he also doesn't seem like a fool and is wondering about the key card. what exactly is their relationship?

• Like 5