Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

To anyone who has read the webtoon, how different the ending is from the drama? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fiona628 said:

To anyone who has read the webtoon, how different the ending is from the drama? 

In the webtoon they just started dating and the last scene was their first meal as a couple.

• Like 4

Hello! I noticed that a number of us here are talking about the kind of marriage proposal that Hae-kyung did.  While I found the rooftop proposal cute and could credit it to Hae-kyung's newfound spontaneity because of Doo-hee, I would have expected him to give what Do-hee asked for at that moment: a romantic, well-planned marriage proposal. 

I was actually thinking that the writers could have connected his formal marriage proposal to that very first scene of episode 1, when we saw Do-hee staring longingly at the window of a jewelry store, seeing herself as Audrey Hepburn, her heroine.  Wouldn't it have been wonderful if the drama made good on those stills showing Hae-kyung and Do-hee in formal attire, surprising her with a proposal reminiscent of her girlish fantasies, and actually bought her a ring from that store? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I think, i'm the only one, who don't want to see any formal scenes.

DH liked that scene from breakfast at tiffany's because Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly was eating alone. With JH and her second boyfriend she couldn't enjoy food, because she ate meals, that they liked. Only with HK she could be herself and ate food she liked. She started to enjoy meals with someone.  That is why that last scene was so special to DH.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

20 hours ago, airgelaal said:

In the webtoon they just started dating and the last scene was their first meal as a couple.

I see. Thanks for the information. Know I like the ending on the drama better than the webtoon ending. 

• Like 5

On 7/15/2020 at 9:51 PM, akhenaten said:

I will always thank this drama for giving us Kim Hae-kyung and Woo Do-hee.  They are now up there as one of my most favorite fictional lovers of all time.  I loved the way their relationship developed and how they grew as individuals in the process.  The way they fell in love was just so natural and organic.  It never felt forced.  It just felt right.  

Of course...if for nothing else, this drama will definitely be remembered for the amazing chemistry between its lead actors, Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye.  I have watched and liked them in their other dramas, but "Dinner Mate" made me fall in love with them, as individual actors and as a couple. They really made Kim Hae-kyung and Woo Do-hee real people to me and the love they shared was so genuine that they often made it difficult for me to see where fiction ended and reality began.  Whether or not something sparked between them for real in this drama, their characters will always be special to me.  

I totally agree with you. I am at an ahjumma age when watching younger couples makes me unable to relate to the story at times but with KHK and WDH, I was totally immersed in their romance. I like that the plot had very little noble idiocy. I like that KHK was able to speak his mind, take initiative (came to give her his business card, and waited countless occasions for her near her house and for speaking up that he liked her, in such a plain simple fashion) and act as a strong pillar for WDH who doubted herself. When things weren't right, he took steps to address them immediately (like driving back to her camp to prevent any misunderstanding when DH saw the ex-GF on his shoulders), showing consideration fro DH's feelings. He was in touch with his emotions - of course if he didn't, I would have doubted his professional capabilities...but seeing them fleshed out as DH's boyfriend was refreshing and a welcome from some characters who let the misunderstanding and emotional wounds fester. There was no fluff, no silliness, it was about two adults who had their own issues but who were honest with each other enough to admit what they felt. I rooted for the both of them throughout the whole show. And for once there was a female lead who I felt pulled her own weight in terms of the characterisation towards the storyline - in the very least I didn't feel like slapping her at any point of time (LOL). And I thought it was cute that they pulled in that hypnosis scene with Dani from CLOY - it was hilarious!

I wish Seo Ji Hye well and am really glad she got a chance to play a lead role. She deserves it and I hope she gets more opportunity in the future. She has that gong-lovely kind of allure, and I am charmed by her. I watched Song Seung Heon last in Black and haven't seen him since then. He was great as KHK and I wish I had a friend like KHK who could give such level-headed advice with that calming tone of voice - it would be 완전 대박.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, SC2019 said:

And for once there was a female lead who I felt pulled her own weight in terms of the characterisation towards the storyline

@SC2019 Exactly. What really impressed me in the first episode was how DH reacted when she found out she was being dumped. As much as it hurts her inside, she was strong, and ended that relationship quick and decisively. I loved that she didn’t cling on to Yeong Dong, begging him not to leave her, instead she congratulated herself on finding out. She didn’t need a cheating man. She is better than that. Of course, I knew that that breakup was inevitable and had to be how the story between her and HK began,  but it was really refreshing and nice to see a non cliche, strong female lead like that. 

6 hours ago, SC2019 said:

He was great as KHK and I wish I had a friend like KHK who could give such level-headed advice with that calming tone of voice - it would be 완전 대박.

SSH was indeed perfect as KHK :wub: I’m so entranced by that calm voice he uses whenever he counsels. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@Nodame & all woah i've been absent for a while & this thread just grew so much hehehe

hello to all but i hvnt seen the latest or i meant the final or ending of DM! i hope it's a happy ending! i'll browse thru later but just can't seem to get used to this new soompi hahaha i guess having dealt with the old version for yrs just got me lost but i like the way the b/g is white bc it's easier to read!

• Like 3

@hibiscus23 Welcome back! Watch when you can! But def be warned it is not a fun ride towards the end. But the ending is well worth it with our OTP. If you go back you can get spoilers if you want them.

I know glad our family grew and we even have a couple forum too of our OTP as well.

Great meeting you here and see you around!

• Like 3

Will You Have Dinner With Me: Episodes 29-30

by selena

DIN2930-00082-1.jpg

Everyone has to deal with the aftermath of a traumatic accident. The road to recovery may take some time, but with our wacky PD glued to our hero’s side, things are looking pretty bright. Meanwhile, the exes begin to take responsibility for their actions.

EPISODE 29 RECAP

DIN2930-00005.jpg
Thinking about Do-hee takes Jae-hyuk back to when he’d asked her not to hate him too much. She’d told him to leave and declared, “From now on, I’m only going to care about the most important thing in my life,” before heading back to the funeral.

Jae-hyuk now visits her place hoping to talk, crouching outside to wait for her return. He eventually gives up and it pains him to remember how happy they used to be – Do-hee literally came into his life like a ray of sunshine.

Meanwhile, Do-hee asks Hae-kyung, “How could you so casually say that you would die for me?” Hae-kyung insists that it’s true and as they walk home, their laughter catches Jae-hyuk’s attention.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/will-you-have-dinner-with-me-episodes-29-30/

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@Nodame thx again chingoo! yeah i was bz & didn't hv time yet to see the ending epis but i'll surely get around to it one of these days! argh really the ending was not to our anticipation? :( i just hope they ended up together hahaha!

Yes see u around other upcoming kdrama threads for sure!

take care! & wave wave to all DMates here :)

• Like 4

@hibiscus23 Ok OTP are together just other factors to their journey were ANNOYING and we fans in this forum were complaining of the story arcs. Then we realized someone pointed out that there were two different writers for the drama. NO WONDER, it made sense of the disconnect we felt & not keen on.

But the lovey dovey OTP moments are cute. IRL I do ship the actors and there is a separate forum made for us to spaz about them post DM drama.

Take care and be well my friend!

• Like 4

Am I too late to give my 2c on the finale? Life happened and i'm just now around to type this up. 

Anyway, like I said last week, I'm not mad about the finale. Sure, it could have been better but I was SO over the tropes that were thrown at us the previous weeks and was just glad it was relatively a smooth ride to the sunset.  

I actually like the a time job. It works here: for the JH storyline and HK/DH relationship. 

Sorry if this has been discussed but I havent read any of the posts since my last one. I don't have enough time to get caught up. But are they implying there may be a thing with NE and JH now? WTH? I said that out loud too when I was watching. That's terrible writing. Could they not have hooked up 9 episodes ago and that will save us from all the craziness. That came out of nowhere and I could have done it without that scene. What's the point?! 

Still think GW character is pointless for the most part. 

Ok, so the actual ending of the drama (food truck at the beach) - that was kinda cheesy. 

Overall, I would give this show a 7 out of 10 mostly because of episodes 1 - 9. 

Will I re-watch this show? Probably, but most likely stopping at ep 9. In fact, I would have no problem had the show actually ended there. 

I think I've seen people mentioned that the BTS are better than the actual scenes and I have to agree. the chemistry of the cast, esp SSH and SJH are on fire! I think instead of re-watching ep 10 - 16, I prefer the BTS of those episodes. 

I never partake in any k drama shipping but i got so much feel from this OTP. so i will move on to the shipper thread now. :glasses:

It has been wonderful being on this thread with yall wonderful people! 

• Like 5

Will You Have Dinner With Me: Episodes 31-32 (Final)

by LollyPip

Dinner3132-00270.jpg

Watching this show has been like a nice, relaxing meal… warm, comforting, maybe not perfect but ultimately satisfying. Our couple are learning to navigate a healthy relationship for the first time, as they try to put their pasts behind them and look towards the future.

EPISODE 31

Dinner3132-00014.jpg

While Do-hee changes his surgery bandage, Hae-kyung fixates on her lips and asserts that he definitely feels much better. He leans her back onto the couch with a deep kiss, and asks her to have breakfast with him in the morning. RAWR!

Do-hee nods, but when she wraps her arms around Hae-kyung’s ribs, he cringes in pain. He gasps that he’s totally fine and tries to get back to business, but Do-hee pushes him away by the face (lol) and orders him to bed… to rest until he’s completely recovered. He goes, protesting the whole way that he’s really, really recovered now.

Once in bed, Hae-kyung continues to plead with Do-hee to stay, promising a very platonic night of holding hands, but Do-hee knows better. She goes, but not before Hae-kyung promises to get better soon and make her feel better, too. Yeah, I’ll bet.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/will-you-have-dinner-with-me-episodes-31-32-final/

Seo Ji Hye Talks About Her Chemistry With “Dinner Mate” Co-Star Song Seung Heon, Compares Herself To Character, And More

Jul 23, 2020
by L. Kim
ef34e39574a9478cbfdd7ee3c5a4ed74.jpeg?s=

Following the conclusion of her latest drama “Dinner Mate,” Seo Ji Hye sat down for an interview to discuss her acting career and true personality.

Seo Ji Hye, who rose to popularity after her appearance in tvN’s hit drama “Crash Landing on You,” started to film “Dinner Mate” without a long break, and she revealed the reason was because of her yearning for a new character.

She explained, “I played many cold roles in the past, but my character [in ‘Dinner Mate’] was different, so I felt overwhelmed. Since I just started filming not long after ‘Crash Landing on You’ ended, I was not [physically] ready, so I had to think a lot about my new character. I was stressed out, so I worried a lot about the drama, but I was able to finish it well and show a different side of myself, so I feel very proud.”

The actress revealed the difficult parts of acting as Woo Do Hee, her character in “Dinner Mate.” She shared, “It was very hard in the beginning. Woo Do Hee was very different from my previous characters. She’s very energetic and outgoing. I could portray my previous characters with my own energy, but that wasn’t the case for Woo Do Hee, so it was difficult to act like her in the beginning. I tried my best, but it just ended up being awkward. But as time went by, I was finally able to express her character. I started with worries and pressure, but I was able to finish with success, so I was happy.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1414473wpp/seo-ji-hye-talks-about-her-chemistry-with-dinner-mate-co-star-song-seung-heon-compares-herself-to-character-and-more

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

From SJH interview (google translate):

'Would you like to have dinner' ended with Kim Hae-kyung having a cup of rice that he ate together when he first met with Doo-hee Woo? It wasn't a gorgeous proposal at an expensive restaurant, but it was a meaningful and beautiful proposal that can be reminiscent of only two of them. Seo Ji-hye, who said, "I also have a fantasy about the proposal," liked the ending of such a drama. "Are there any fantasies of women about the proposal? I have a fantasy too, but I think Haekyung and Dohee's proposal was good. It was time for me to recall the connection, the memories of the two of them. "

https://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009977451&plink=COPYPASTE&cooper=SBSENTERNEWS

• Like 2