[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

I'm so, so happy to have been proven wrong on the amnesia trope!  Although I think Hae-kyung's recovery was much too fast and unrealistic.  But then, as I said in an earlier post, all my logic flies out the window when it comes to Hae-kyung and Do-hee.  

Now, I hope they will prove me wrong on the other things as well. Too bad this is the last episode. I would have wanted at least 2 more so that loose ends aren't tied too quickly.

But Hae-kyung and Do-hee will forever be one of my most favorite Kdrama couples of all time (and Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye my most favorite romantic partnership.  They're just sheer perfection!)

:bashful:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, YuSanSeul said:

He was talking about the scenes that left an impression on him, the heart warming cooking scenes, his first kiss with DH, and even filming in the hot weather.

I second that!!

I was looking at the comments on Naver TV for the couch kiss scene and even the korean audience feel the same as us! My favourite comment (2nd best with 291 likes)

볼때마다 둘이 현실 커플같은건... 두사람 진짜 잘 어울림~~송승헌씨 진심같아보임~ 

Which loosely translates to: these two look like a real couple everytime I see them. They match well. SSH looks like he means it (sorry not too sure how to better translate this last bit!)

And other comments such as a man like SSH (i believe they mean HK) does not exist in real life. Haha. I agree! Where does one find a man so handsome, sexy, smart, humorous, considerate and as dedicated as HK!! :winkx:

Arg I wish they hadn't released the last episode's BTS so early. Just means tonight's episode is really the end! Huhuhu

I need more of SSH and SJH (oops, I mean DH and HK)...

Thank you for the translation of the BTS video. Of course the kiss will be memorable for SSH as he gave SJH her first deep kiss. One can tell from the BTS both were nervous. 
Hihihi

Was our OTP trending in Naver? It seems like even the Korean audience are routing for them as well. I hope they become a couple in IRL. 

This might be too early to say but I hope they will win Top Excellence Awards and Best Couple on the MBC year end awards. Though I think the awards are also based on ratings and how popular the drama was.

The writers better not troll on us on that much needed sexy breakfast time. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Cough Cough

When asked to express Seo Ji Hye in 10 words, Song Seung Heun replied, “Pretty and good at acting.”

Song Seung Heon added, “I think among all the co-stars I ever worked with, she has the prettiest and biggest eyes. I always told her, ‘Your eyes are really big,’ when we acted together.”

After hearing this, fans started to show their disappointment that there’s only one episode left for Dinner Mate.

You guys should really date.”

“You two date and I keep pretending the drama is ongoing.”

“They honestly look perfect with each other.”

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fiona628 said:

Thank you for the translation of the BTS video. Of course the kiss will be memorable for SSH as he gave SJH her first deep kiss. One can tell from the BTS both were nervous. 

This might be too early to say but I hope they will win Top Excellence Awards and Best Couple on the MBC year end awards. Though I think the awards are also based on ratings and how popular the ratings was.

The writers better not troll on us on that much needed sexy breakfast time. 

I know, after shooting a few, you'd think they'd be less nervous?? I find it so cute how SSH at his age, having dated and acted with so many pretty actresses still gets nervous in front of SJH. Nerves are a sign that he is still awed by her right??? Hehehe

Sexy time aside, I also really loved how the scriptwriter purposefully made use of the line "lets have breakfast together" which showed how they transitioned from their dinner dates to a breakfast date! A sign that this relationship has really progressed!

1 hour ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:
SSH said to SJH "You lie down a lot. Don't lie down, let me lay you down". He blames SJH for being awkward. SJH said "Oh my, I see it's my fault. I'll let you win. It's my fault". Then she burst into laughter because of the grumbling SSH. SJH says "Okay it's my fault. Okay I won't escape".

OH man these two! I am so glad for the translation because I could hear everything btw the director and SSH but try as I might I could barely hear what SJH was saying. 

Is it just me or is everyone still squealing and smiling like mad at SSH and SJH? Kid you not this is me watching every bts and clip of their scenes from ep 15!  :bashful:

They have seriously made my day. 

Now looking forward to the MIL scene and what comic relief it would bring about. I can just imagine HK getting all jittery trying to convince and impress DH's mum already. Hahaha

• Like 6

Oh 4am and where does the time go?

Anyways episode 15, loved the OTP moments and yessssss on the kissing scenes & soda ending scene. Loved that DH had delicious food for HK (poor mom). Def going to give her opposition but doubt that will be long.

JH story with dad (We know more now) and his, sincerely apologizing to Keanu showed to me he is definitely finally ready to heal  himself. After his heart broke with his dad & realizing he needs out of their toxic and unhealthy relationship, I applauded him saying that to his dad. He knew he would never hear any warm words from his dad in this lifetime. So sad. 

Glad JH passed by DH in the hospital for once without looking back & wanting to get help to move forward and heal.

HK being awesome even recovering and injured still worrying about DH and asking about her. The fact she was worried by his side rushing over screaming after the accident, staying by his side, wiping his face and hands teasing to touch him all over (lol HK woke up finally to let her know what he thought!) HK looking so smitten with BJ wanting to roll his eyes & not knowing when to leave our OTP lol to give them privacy.

HK wanting more kisses after giving her pecks saying she is weird. But whining being in pain using a kiss pouty face then using it to drink the water was adorbs.

Though he is in pain, he allows DH to hug embrace him though he is in pain with 2 ribs fractured. But lol he is ok and ready for sexy time lol. The BTS blocking of the directing telling SSH how to lower SJH onto the sofa to look good. Yeah SJH was not as flirty active as she usually is with him, agreed she was tired. Glad got to see that BTS though! Yesh!

DY mom cooking all the food per DH using thin lame excuse for colleagues being I overworked lol. The soup was dead giveaway for sick person . Loved how sweet emotional HK was eating the beef soup. Seeing him starting to cook at age 10 and not having mom warmth cooking hot meals, having DH moms cooking is restorative and healing. Cute he kept asking to set up time to meet her mom, DH avoided it by pretending and not wanting to deal with it now. She knows it won’t be an easy battle to win. But I feel when mom realizes HK sincerity she will he won over, doesn’t help he so darn handsome!

At end DH admitted to worrying about HK to run over to him. 

Keanu telling AY about his story and yes thanks for letting him have it endangering HK, DH not realizing how dangerous JH was we could have lost HK.

Keanu and HK speech about protecting DH and being selfish but his willingness to put himself in harms way dang the power of love. I agree if JH died HK would have a hard time competing with that memory no matter bad/good . Glad I’m end both men were ok.

Glad GW told hyung he was upset as HK could have died. Def agree his thinking of dying to disappear is so selfish in front of your ex- what ?! You trying to traumatize her the rest of her life?! That’s not love at all! 

Ok that is it for now as I need zzz before I go to work in a few hours.

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, emme_cee said:

Why did Keanu reject AY? What “closure” does he still need?

I think his wife and daughter or maybe the life he lost his career he was a top doctor and professor he lost a lot over a lie 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

I'm wondering if that scene at the Jeju beach with them eating again at the food truck is when Hae-kyung will ask Do-hee to marry him. I really hope so. I will miss this couple.  

Me tooo! And I thought DH looked really pretty in that scene. TBH I don't think her hair throughout most of the series has been doing her beauty much justice.

Despite all the spazzing about our OTP who really stole the limelight in this episode, can I just say, JH or actor Lee Ji Hoon did a brilliant job in conveying the emotions of JH (His interviews, IG and BTS for this drama shows he's fun and lively and has so much aegyo its adorable. Quite the opposite of the characters he mostly portrays).

To be honest, I have had a soft spot for JH despite rooting for DH and HK.

JH was not 1-dimensional like No-eul was (Son Na Eun actually did better than I expected with her acting but I really don't care to see anymore of NE, her screentime is a waste of time for me). Despite pushing the boundaries and showing traits of being totally psychopathic and endangering DH with his possessiveness, I liked how the writer reigned his character in when he faltered in episode 13 after seeing DH break down near the police station. That's when I realised, AHHHh, this man is simply blindsided by his love and reliance on DH, she was truly the centre of his world and the reason for his existence. Not because he wanted her as a trophy for himself (unlike NE, who I still don't get why she was so insistent on getting back with HK).

This episode shed light on the events in the past, which made me sympathise with JH even more. We discover that he didn't simply leave DH to further his studies, he was commanded by his father to leave the very next day. It now also makes sense why Ah Young confronted him about leaving DH behind and commented that he didn't leave for the sake of studying, hinting that there was more to his sudden departure.

Granted JH didn't tackle his break up with DH in the right manner (No explanations/No will you wait for me/No I love you will you come with me/No I love you but I have no choice) and in turn scarred DH over the abrupt end to their relationship. But again, in his defense, we know that he wanted very much to gain favour with his father, and JH's rookie error in his news article outraged his father, so he had no choice but to take heed and leave.

Even DH admitted to Ah young outside the hospital that she failed to see that JH was a troubled man, mentally and emotionally. In the same manner that she felt bad for failing to recognise his need for medical assistance to face his demons, I too felt bad at how everyone cursed at a man who really did love DH and saw her as the reason for his existence, but executed his love for her in the wrong manner.

Whilst we were all floored by HK's declaration that he would put his life on the line for DH, JH's outburst from episode 11/12 that he would do anything for DH was not welcomed by us, the audience, in the same fashion. But really, he meant it in the same way that HK did. JH felt that his presence was detrimental to DH's happiness and so tried to kill himself. Again, his expression of love was wrong and his actions not applaudable. But the fact is, he was severely depressed.

After seeing his tragic end in Legend of the Blue Sea (also in a similar role with a troubled childhood and lacking a father's love), I hope we can see him in a more optimistic and cheerful piece of work in future. One where he gets his leading lady and a happy ending too :)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

Am I the only one who liked the ending, but felt slightly unsatisfied and empty?

Maybe because episode 15 was full of fireworks that this one paled in comparison? It definitely tied up loose ends and gave all our characters a satisfactory ending without feeling forced.

I liked how DH and HK have developed into a very natural and 'real' couple as such and I simply love their chemistry. But somehow, I felt like we were shortchanged with their final scene-- their interactions felt rather awkward/scripted :huh:

What was the purpose of their simultaneous recital of "let's have dinner together"? It reminded me of idol groups chanting their group name when greeting the audience. Hmmm

Either way, I'll just have to live with their cute ad-libs.

Spoiler

GAH I just realised DH never got a chance to kiss him back! C'mon :headbang:

And that awkwardly positioned hand holding in bed?! At least let the girl rest her head on his shoulders or somethin  :grimace:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

Am I the only one who liked the ending, but felt slightly unsatisfied and empty?

Maybe because episode 15 was full of fireworks that this one paled in comparison? It definitely tied up loose ends and gave all our characters a satisfactory ending without feeling forced.

I liked how DH and HK have developed into a very natural and 'real' couple as such and I simply love their chemistry. But somehow, I felt like we were shortchanged with their final scene

Hide contents

I feel the same, @YuSanSeul I think we were all expecting so much more after that couch scene in episode 15. Though I must say that we got the fun and whimsical vibe back that we missed so much in the earlier episodes!

Spoiler

- I do love that finally finally we got to hear DH call HK oppa aww. Twice! :wub: Also they are using banmal now! 

- Love that they came full circle, eating rice bowls outdoors, with a view. That last scene touched me so much. It’s so funny how they actually became each other at the end. How DH wants to go to restaurants now and how HK gave in to eating rice bowls. That’s true love, right there.

- Don’t love that there were no more passionate kisses between our OTP :tears:

- Don’t love where they are going with the Sora and Park Inkyu storyline. I wish they had paired Sora up with Byeong Jin instead!

• Like 5