[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

46 minutes ago, nyzah13 said:

@airgelaal The song title is "A Perfect Indian" by Sinead O'Connor.. This song captured me in the last episode too.. I know the singer but didn't know she sang that song.. 

It’s weird if you watch the same scene on IQIYI, that song is not played. It’s just the accompaniment music. I realized they change some of the songs out in other episodes on IQIYI too. Another example is during our OTP’s passionate kiss, they used “Dear My Star” instead of “More Than Words”. 

Can someone tell me why they do that? TIA

• Like 2

I understand that many of us aren't completely satisfied with the writer's progression of the story. But the writer did show some brilliance in the earlier stages which I'm sure was what drew us all in. As we countdown to the finale, I thought it'll be nice to share some meaningful quotes from the previous episodes when the drama was on course to be healing and heartwarming, some that really resonated with me and got me hooked.

After all, SSH himself mentioned that he took up this project because it voiced the thoughts of heartbroken people and that heart fluttering sensation as they meet new people.

*Feel free to add more that touched your hearts too:heartxoxo: 

Ep 1 (and possibly my favourite quote because this applies to all situations, not just in love!)

HK to DH as he leaves her at Jeju airport, worried that she would be devastated by the breakup.

"Happiness has eyes, but unhappiness doesn't. It simply chooses anyone randomly. Please dont think you are the only unhappy one."

DH voices out her thoughts about her past relationships by HK's bedside in the hospital:

"No matter how much I loved him, no matter how long I dated him for. Breaking up is heartbreaking. Being left alone hurts a lot."

When NE accuses HK of showing no emotion at their breakup because he is used to being alone, HK belatedly quipes:

" There is no one in this world who is used to being left alone, no one."

Ep 2 (rather metamorphic but I like that its a reminder/emphasis on picking oneself up rather than withering away)

When DH complains of difficulty breathing/drowning like sensation (even though she is at the bottom of an empty pool), HK advises her:

"Force yourself to breath, that's how you'll feel your pain and heal quicker. When you keep trying, your wound will wither away and turn into gills so that you can breathe comfortably."

Ep 3 (Ahhh now, don't we all sometimes wonder when life doesn't head in the direction we want it to/things don't pan out as planned)

DH upon thinking back to her failed relationships, muses to HK when they are dining at the stew restaurant:

"People say no one is destined to be miserable, does this mean I happen to be a victim by chance?"

Ep 4 (Just a really romantic quote. For the hopelessly romantic :lol: ones out there)

DH hitting back at JH who insists that they are destined for each other:

"You end up meeting someone even when it is impossible, that is Destiny"

Now will these two lovebirds please live out their destiny already (I wouldn't mind if that means IRL too!)

More meaningful sceentime and no more k-drama tropes (that's you, amnesia!) pleaaaaaasssee.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

@YuSanSeul Love the quotes! I don’t have your dedication to remember but applaud and appreciate the reminders. Yes, I like SSH & SJH IRL.

Loved they admit their similarities to the character and ad lib was so natural!  Nice thanks for the comments by then & the Director. @huckleberrymoonriver

@airgelaal Thanks for next episode pics of AY & Keanu!

@akhenaten @fluffyloaf @nyzah13Yup rewatching fave clips and BTS are life! 

Glad to have this forum here up keep me sane.

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 4

Hello to all Dinner Mates here, first time to post since started this drama from its inception & cldn't help but see what other fans are saying here :)

woah i didn't realize DM thread is quite active, well i've been watching this & esp the latest epi (14) where the OTP are getting really sweet & v v chummy! I love that scene where he's eating the noodles DH cooked LOLs he claims she's a terrible cook but liked it anyway! Oh how sweet can he be? I'm shipping these two on screen & may I say in real life? I've always liked/loved SSH ever since his early projects hence I'm quite hooked in this drama bec of him & I'm also liking SJH in here and in CLOY - this isn't the first time I've watched her project & in Sarang with Ahn Jae Wook she was cute too!

sorry if this is a spoiler but can't help but laugh at DH (scene in ep 14(28) when she told No-eul she can stay & talk to HK but not too long LOLs she's funny & getting insecure now!maxresdefault.jpg

deb1c3a6e07d4eaf9de2dc24d7172a8a.jpeg?s=

Edited by hibiscus23
to add something else
  • Like 3

Hi @hibiscus23!

Glad to see you posting here! I made this account just so I can obsess over this drama lol. Love reading all the comments, observations and theories here! And as @Nodame has said, this forum keeps me sane each week until the next new episodes air. 

I love the terrible noodles scene too, SSH’s acting was so good there when he was eating and trying to hold back his tears. My heart really broke for him there. But then DH came and hugged him from the back and aww that was the sweetest ever. Especially loved how she was “putting a spell” on him so he’d remember her noodles as tasty. Their chemistry was on fire!

Does anybody here love the blind date scene as well! I loved it. How DH was caught lying and how HK was the grumpy and jealous bf. It reminded me of the earlier episodes that we all love so much! The playful banter between our OTP and HK’s pout :wub:

• Like 6

@starrynic thx for your warm welcome & nice to meet you here!  woah really, you mean this DM drama made you sign up for soompi? nice & i don't blame you at all! :)

I also recall the blind date scene & how things really worked well for both of them & who've thought they'd end up not only for being dinner mates but entered this love dept as well!

I also loved the noodle scene that's why I was compelled to post about DM albeit I'm not new on soompi but I reckon epi 14 really made me come here! I love their sweet moments & all that! Yes that scene where he was kinda forcing himself to eat the noodles cracked me too but he's always been such a gentleman! Wasn't that sweet when DH got up & came around him to embrace him oh that was a Kodak moment if you will! Like you said their chem was on fire! I also laughed & was really unexpected in my view that (we all thot DH left already right) but when No-eul left she was just behind the door & here's HK calling her & I think she didn't expect him to come thru the door & found her woah that was really cool!

I dunno about you & others but I'm really also liking the scenes of Nam A-young and Dr Keanu, I think those two might get Best Couple after this drama aside from the leads! I can't wait till she finds out his true identity & inspite of her knowing that he's homeless, she didn't falter about it & I guess that's one quality I admire about her! Little did she know he was a professional just like HK! I always look forward to their scenes but sorry to say I can't stand No-eul and DH's ex JH! :(

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/12/2020 at 5:48 AM, starrynic said:

Does anybody here love the blind date scene as well! I loved it. How DH was caught lying and how HK was the grumpy and jealous bf. It reminded me of the earlier episodes that we all love so much! The playful banter between our OTP and HK’s pout :wub:

@starrynicI love it as well!  This scene as seen in the BTS, SJH laughed upon SSH adlib turning SJH head upon asking her, she made an NG cut because she didn't expect it and they didn't rehearse it as she explained, but was able to counteract that after the next retake.. They're really natural adlib makers, they compliment each other.. Idk, I love that scene where DH put spell on HK too.. I find it awkward when DH told him he's a crybaby but thought that was very sweet and thoughtful for DH as well, it's like she doesn't want to say it but she needs to for HKs comfort and to lighten up about the fact that he's a crybaby (I thought this scene was an adlib as well because they can end up the scene where DH just put a spell on HK but comforting a crybaby after comforting him with a spell,  maybe to ease the embarassment of HK that he's really a crybaby?! Hehehe :sweatingbullets:) SJH made me realize she's just for SSH.. HAHAHA :DMy delulu mind activated again..

On 7/12/2020 at 3:58 AM, fiona628 said:

Counting the hours to Monday.

Can someone please create a couple’s thread for our OTP? 

@fiona628 I agree to this!! Please anyone who can make a thread for our OTP.. Don't forget to count me in!! I'm not new to soompi at all but it was such a long time that I have activated myself to join a thread, again it's just because of DM as well as our OTP..

@hibiscus23 Welcome to DM thread!!

@huckleberrymoonriver Thanks for that English subbed pics about the presscon btw, it made me think how they were really conpatible with each other.. Let's keep this ship sailing @Nodame@fiona628@YuSanSeul@akhenaten and all of you who wants this OTP..

Cheers to SJH & SSH!! (raised glass with wine).. kkkkkk ^^ Ohh sorry!! Got me excited.. :sweatingbullets:

Have a great day and blessed Sunday ahead!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

@starrynic thx for your warm welcome & nice to meet you here!  woah really, you mean this DM drama made you sign up for soompi? nice & i don't blame you at all! :)

@hibiscus23 you’re welcome! Yes I found this forum by chance and I really want to talk about DM so much I created an account. :lol: I’m glad I did because all the fans here have such great insights and it’s so nice to be able to chat and share with other like minded fans :wub:

@nyzah13 oh thanks for sharing! I didn’t know that was an adlib! It was so natural and added so much to the light heartedness of that moment :wub: 
I also found it weird that DH will call HK a crybaby during the noodles scene, but I thought it may be something else that’s lost in translation? Just love love love that “putting a spell” on him so much though..... She was super cute and I was so glad to see that side of her again! JJH really made her sad and cry so much in the previous episodes, so annoyed :angry: 

Also how when she left HK and NE alone, after the door closed how she said to herself she’s so outstanding? I laughed so much thinking to myself yay! Our happy, cute WDH is back!!!! :wub:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, starrynic said:

@nyzah13 oh thanks for sharing! I didn’t know that was an adlib! It was so natural and added so much to the light heartedness of that moment

I mean I hope it was an adlib.. Hehehe ^^ But honestly that scene was very special.. Every sweet moments of DH and HK in episode 14 [27-28], I can really feel it's like it will warm hearts.. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

On more form the next episode. 

202007120904771305_5f0a543a36331.jpg

@airgelaal thanks for sharing. But why is he still free????? Seriously all the promises he made he didn’t keep any at all. I don’t trust him anymore to be aware that he needs help and wants to get better by himself 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome @hibiscus23 to the DM forum!

@airgelaal @starrynic Uggh seriously JH what are we going to do with you? I guess NE bowed out last episode. We know by these stills he came out unscathed as expected . Dang still annoyed by him. Just testament of the good acting done .

@starrynic Yup great ad lib right as @nyzah13 pointed out and the director liked them too. SSH had great skills to have his left in the final take as others our OTP did . That Blind Date BTS was nice to rewatch !

@starrynic DH calling HK a crybaby is correct in Korean. I don’t she meant in a bad way. More in a teasing way as he always maintains a cool as a cucumber image to her before.I think she was not expecting the waterworks but I love he is so comfortable and not afraid to show his tears to her. Plus he lost his cool and yelled at her about not picking up his calls outside the funeral parlor. She unnerves him to turnaround in unease after JH broke into her home . He waited outside her home to give back her ring and give her a biz card.  Actions he wouldn’t have done otherwise, lots of out of character actions. Even cooking for DH or driving back to the MT just to check in and kiss her as he didn’t want misunderstandings after knowing DH saw him and NE together .

Love our OTP hope for not too long of angst please for after the car accident. 

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Nodame said:

Welcome @hibiscus23 to the DM forum!

@airgelaal @starrynic Uggh seriously JH what are we going to do with you? I guess NE bowed out last episode. We know by these stills he came out unscathed as expected . Dang still annoyed by him. Just testament of the good acting done .

@starrynic Yup great ad lib right as @nyzah13 pointed out and the director liked them too. SSH had great skills to have his left in the final take as others our OTP did . That Blind Date BTS was nice to rewatch !

@starrynic DH calling HK a crybaby is correct in Korean. I don’t she meant in a bad way. More in a teasing way as he always maintains a cool as a cucumber image to her before.I think she was not expecting the waterworks but I love he us so comfortable and not afraid to show his tears to her. Plus he lost his cool and yelled at her about not picking up his calls outside the funeral parlor. She unnerves him to turnaround after JH broke into her home . He waited outside her home to give back her ring and give her a biz. Actions he wouldn’t have done otherwise, lots of out of character actions. Even cooking for DH or driving back to the MT just to check in and kiss her as he didn’t want misunderstandings after knowing DH saw him and NE together .

Love our OTP hope for not too long of angst please for after the car accident. 

@Nodame thanks for the explanation. I get it now. I also didn’t think it was meant in a bad way, she was just teasing him. Well because I thought he just lost his mom, he had every right to cry.

But now you mentioned all of his out of character moves, just showed us how much he loves DH. Remember how in the penguin episode she was drunk and asking God Almighty if somebody slapped his face when he created her? I feel like God was smiling on her when Yeong Dong dumped her and let her meet HK. She had to meet 2 jerks before she met her destiny - HK. It was just meant to be. Aww I love the storyline so much! This just tells us sometimes you have to meet and get over the “bad” ones to meet THE ONE. True for HK too, if he had never met and had his heart broken by NE, his mindset would not have been the same and he would not have even gone after DH for that very first dinner. Timing is of the essence here, as our Ah Yeong had mentioned. Both our leads have grown leaps and bounds emotionally after their failed relationships and brought them to where they are now, for each other. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:22 PM, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Rewatched episodes 23-24, 25-26, 27-28 and I think it showed Do Hee's character development/growth. She really values her present relationship with Hae Kyong but because of her past relationship with Jae Hyuk and all the mess he has created now, I can understand why Do Hee had fears/regrets and hesitance in her relationship with Hae Kyong. She knows Hae Kyong doesn't deserve any of the mess brought about by her past which is Jae Hyuk and I think that is why she decided to act cold to Hae Kyong and said she is uncomfortable eating with him and maybe tried to spare Hae Kyong further hurt. I'm glad that in episode 27-28 Do Hee finally showed Hae Kyong that she loves him through her support to him/comforting him/caring for him, though not yet telling to him I love you. I believe in the power of love of our OTP that is why I didn't lose hope even if episode 23-24 was disappointing episode.  

Hello @huckleberrymoonriver I got interested in the english subbed version of the presscon.. I searched it in youtube but haven't found the full presscon with english subs yet.. Please help me with the link.. 
Thank you.. ^_^

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nyzah13 said:

Hello @huckleberrymoonriver I got interested in the english subbed version of the presscon.. I searched it in youtube but haven't found the full presscon with english subs yet.. Please help me with the link.. 
Thank you.. ^_^

English sub of full Press Conference of Dinner Mate on May 25, 2020. It reveals a lot about Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye and you will love them more after watching it. 

Below are more screencaps of English sub Press conference of Dinner Mate. I love Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

No one: 

Writer: We have 3 hours of drama left. Let’s throw in any and every possible trope in KDrama land. We need sabotage, revenge, housebreaking, vandalism, deceit, death, psychotic man running loose, life-threatening vehicle accident, and maybe even... amnesia * v *

• LOL 2

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/will-you-have-dinner-with-me-episodes-25-26/

I've always liked the recaps over at Dramabeans so I'm sharing the latest one here.  The recapper still seems to be on board this drama, despite the twists and turns and actually gives wonderful insights that never occurred to me.  I especially like her thoughts on how Hae-kyung always waits for Do-hee outside her house and never tries to get in without being invited, unlike Jae-hyuk who used to let himself into her apartment even when she's not around.  She related it to how utterly polite and respectful Hae-kyung is as a person, so much so that it can be misinterpreted as clinical detachment which, as a psychiatrist, he should practice on a daily basis.  But if applied to his personal relationships, it can be quite detrimental. The recapper linked it to No-eul's reasons for breaking up with him.  No-eul told him in this episode that he's always been so in control of his emotions, which is why she often felt he never cared deeply enough for her.  Despite the fact that I never liked No-eul nor agreed with her reasons for hurting Hae-kyung, she has a valid point.  

I guess that's why Hae-kyung's violent outburst of emotion over Jae-hyuk was so shocking to the viewers and perhaps to Hae-kyung as well.  He's always come off as a man with a placid temper, sweet and kind and caring, but he's actually just so adept at self-control and so pragmatic about his emotions that he is able to hold them in.  Men like him are actually scary when they reach the breaking point.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3