Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

I squarely blame the writers' incompetence. They keep going in circles regarding the exes. Wasn't yesterday's episode a sort of final closure to the Hae Kyung/No Eul's past  relationship? IMO, it was done nicely - No Eul was desperate for any sign but Hae Kyung shut her down for good. I even understood why he let her have his shoulder to mourn the demise of their past relationship. but hey! new episode just a day later and we are back to square one with No Eul's extremely shi*y actions. 

As for Jung Jae Hyuk - very frustrating to see Do Hee play the noble liar for him. I would have understood if she had done this before her relationship with HK started but there is no excuse for this now.  She is now in a relationship with another man - why is she the one always holding back from HK? IS she still in Dinner Mate mode, thinking that she needs to keep personal things from a stranger? They are a couple now and she needs a harsh reality check on her actions. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I don't like this episode. I don't know, why DH lied to HK. I don't know if I'll a have a strength to face next episodes.

And no matter hoe I hate exes, but I think, that Gun-Woo is worse then them. He could side with "good" friends, he could even be neutral, but he decided to help "bad" friends. I bet he knows, that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

• Like 9

I had hoped they would focus on the show, its content and how food can heal people's pain....does any of us care for No Eul or Jae Hyuk in all of this?? Why are they focusing so much on those two. And if Do Hee breaks up with Hae Kyung over Jae Hyuk then I will loose it.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

I don't like this episode. I don't know, why DH lied to HK. And I don't know if I'll a have a strength to face next episodes.

I hear you. For now I will focus on Keanu’s storyline. In the preview it shows that guy kneeling before Keanu. I guess there’s more development on this plot at least. I don’t think Keanu will let it slide if JH is going after HK to ruin his practice as well. I suspect AY will also find out more about what’s happening too.

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I hear you. For now I will focus on Keanu’s storyline. In the preview it shows that guy kneeling before Keanu. I guess there’s more development on this plot at least. I don’t think Keanu will let it slide if JH is going after HK to ruin his practice as well. I suspect AY will also find out more about what’s happening too.

We need Keanu and AY to save our drama.

Frankly, I do not want another last-minute letdown due to an annoying drama trope (in this case, Noble Idiocy in the form of Lies).  I'm still trying to recover from the drama trope stupidity that we got dished up at the end of

Spoiler

Find Me in Your Memory.....Leaving the loved one is just about as bad as telling Lies.

<_<

• Like 10

I admit I got lured to this dramas reading "FOOD" and then SSH and SJH. But this past midway mark hijinks UGGGGGGH.:crazymad:

Yeah I will still watch for AY and Keanu. 

(Compared to another drama I really was frustrated with not long ago, this storyline is not that level YET.) 

In this case I would have preferred 12 episodes than 16 episodes.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Nodame said:

I admit I got lured to this dramas reading "FOOD" and then SSH and SJH. But this past midway mark hijinks UGGGGGGH.

(Compared to another drama I really was frustrated with not long ago, this storyline is not that level YET.) 

I intially thought this would have a case of the week format. this is just heading into another cliche romcom territory. If that was the idea from the start, they should have aimed for 12 episodes like you said.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, mistergenie said:

Very, very frustrating episode. If I say that this episode soured my whole mood towards the drama, then it wouldn't be an understatement on my part. Putting pause on the show for now.  And to think I was eagerly waiting for the episodes each week. UGH!!

My sentiments exactly 

• Like 5

I don't know, how this mess will be resolved, but what DH did is a big NO. In real life, if someone covered what JH did, that someone will be killed next time. I want to understand DH decision, but I can't. It's a crime to be like that.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Starting a theory that Gun-Woo is actually Loki, the trickster god, in disguise.

He serves no purpose in the drama other than to create chaos. He was the first person to show Jae-Hyeok a picture of Hae-Kyung. When No-Eul fought with the debt collectors, he called Hae-Kyung to help her instead of doing anything himself. To facilitate Hae-Kyung joining the webshow, he called Hae-Kyung over so that No-Eul could tell him to join. He was the source of Do-Hee discovering Jae-Hyeok lied to her about his past and family. He illogically called Hae-Kyung for help when Jae-Hyeok was passed out drunk at the pojangmacha. When Do-Hee was prepared to cut Jae-Hyeok entirely from her life, he tried to placate her by saying Jae-Hyeok has accepted the break-up. When Jae-Hyeok was sick and hungover, he called Do-Hee for help instead of doing it himself. Sensing Do-Hee was completely over Jae-Hyeok, Gun-Woo tells Do-Hee a sob story to try and soften her heart toward Jae-Hyeok. And finally, he advises Jae-Hyeok to seek psychiatric help from his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend and conveniently tells Do-Hee so that she arrives right on time to witness the physical confrontation.

No sane person would have done these things without malice aforethought. All this mischief was done for Gun-Woo's personal amusement. Plus, he has orange/red hair. Loki is a god of fire.

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

I don't know, how this mess will be resolved, but what DH did is a big NO. In real life, if someone covered what JH did, that someone will be killed next time. I want to understand DH decision, but I can't. It's a crime to be like that.

I'm no legal-beagle but it kinda seems like what DH did in concealing JH in the commission of a crime actually should make her an "accessory after the fact" to his crimes of breaking and entering, destruction of personal property, and whatever else.  That is not only a big NO but an actual criminal offense.

.....editing:  legal folks, if I've got it wrong, say so.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kvothe said:

Starting a theory that Gun-Woo is actually Loki, the trickster god, in disguise.

He serves no purpose in the drama other than to create chaos. He was the first person to show Jae-Hyeok a picture of Hae-Kyung. When No-Eul fought with the debt collectors, he called Hae-Kyung to help her instead of doing anything himself. To facilitate Hae-Kyung joining the webshow, he called Hae-Kyung over so that No-Eul could tell him to join. He was the source of Do-Hee discovering Jae-Hyeok lied to her about his past and family. He illogically called Hae-Kyung for help when Jae-Hyeok was passed out drunk at the pojangmacha. When Do-Hee was prepared to cut Jae-Hyeok entirely from her life, he tried to placate her by saying Jae-Hyeok has accepted the break-up. When Jae-Hyeok was sick and hungover, he called Do-Hee for help instead of doing it himself. Sensing Do-Hee was completely over Jae-Hyeok, Gun-Woo tells Do-Hee a sob story to try and soften her heart toward Jae-Hyeok. And finally, he advises Jae-Hyeok to seek psychiatric help from his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend and conveniently tells Do-Hee so that she arrives right on time to witness the physical confrontation.

No sane person would have done these things without malice aforethought. All this mischief was done for Gun-Woo's personal amusement. Plus, he has orange/red hair. Loki is a god of fire.

Oh bloody genius! He did say that HK was his first love so maybe he also part of the batshit crazy crew with those two and it's just that his illness is more sociopathic hence his perfect camouflage. You 're on to something here mate!

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

Posted (edited)

I agree with people that DH is still very selfish in this new relationship but I can see where she's coming from. She's had a string of dysfunctional relationships around her throughout her life whether it's her parents or her own, it's no wonder she's very skittish about fully accepting HK's love. Even when he confessed his love to her, she came across to me as if she understood what he was saying but couldn't fully believe it and that was a sign to me that she needs to step back and build back the confidence and self-worth she lost along the way. She's very much a passive participant in her own romance. I think going straight from one relationship to another has both positives and negatives and we're seeing both right now with DH; HK was able to heal her heart through friendship turned into love but she can't help but fear grasping her happiness with both hands; she's still reeling from the burn of the previous relationships and we can't blame her, she's been conditioned to feel that way. Her lying was a defensive mechanism against exposing her vulnerability to HK. She even says when he first asks to start dating that she doesn't wanna start because she doesn't think it'll end well with him because he's seen all her embarassing/shameful sides. She only wants to show HK the best version of herself and this includes covering the ugliness of her previous relationship; this is the biggest problem; I agree that she's still not seeing HK as a full partner yet. I honestly can't wait to see her quit being passive and fight for her man's love; NE and everyone else has been pushing her along for way too long. I truly believe that because we only have 4 episodes left, the writers won't stretch the noble idiocy direction for more than an episode. Hopefully >.<

About DH covering up for JH, I felt it was very revealing when she said that she's covering up what he did for her own sake rather than his, although his psycho mind interpreted it wrongly. I remembered what she said to HK in the camping scene and many scenes after, she's trying really hard to preserve and not to completely taint the image of her past relationships because she feels all of her memories in her 20's will be tainted. So in a way, seeing JH crazy is tainting her memories and the love she had thought was true and genuine. This is her biggest obstacle in preventing her from completely discarding ties to JH. I think he brings out all her insecurities and causes her lack of confidence in her ability to have healthy, normal relationships to resurface. It also doesn't help that he senses this and exploits it at every chance he gets, which is often because of their unfortunate ties to her new project. 

All I can say is between his ill mom trying to make last ditch amends for lost time,  the crazy exes, GW's meddling, and DH's insecurities, poor HK has his work cut out for him. Hopefully GW scolding NE in next week's episode preview will finally get NE to think and let go of HK for good, she is just getting super annoying at this point; there's no depth to her and I don't think she's ever gonna have character development in this show...she doesn't serve as much more than a plot device to advance our main leads' romance. 

Edited by catch22
  • Like 9
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I'm no legal-beagle but it kinda seems like what DH did in concealing JH in the commission of a crime actually should make her an "accessory after the fact" to his crimes of breaking and entering, destruction of personal property, and whatever else.  That is not only a big NO but an actual criminal offense.

.....editing:  legal folks, if I've got it wrong, say so.

From what I have seen in crime or legal Korean drama, it’s really up to Do Hee to press charges against JH for breaking into her apartment. Honestly, sometimes things that are left up to the offender and victim to settle in Korean drama often seem strange to me. Some I can understand because they aren’t serious crimes but some actually give me pause. However, I acknowledge every country has their own justice system. I don’t know how true to the real life law in SK those drama shows mirror. 

Do Hee probably thought that JH just acted crazy with her because he can’t let go. She was shook up and scared but I guess she doesn’t think JH is dangerous enough that she should expose him or allow herself from being talked about. She’s dead wrong though. She should have realized that he’s capable of almost anything. I don’t know what it will take to wake her up to this new reality. By keeping what he did to herself, none of those around her understands what a threat JH is. She might not want to ruin his reputation but I think she owes it at least to AY to tell the truth so that AY could cease her work project with JH. The staff also needs to know that he’s not allowed on the premises because who knows what he would do.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

One more thing. JK clearly saw strawberry in the cake. Why didn't DH ask him, why he eat that cake. Even if she wasn't sure, still this situation was very suspicious. But DH chose to blame herself. She preferred not to see all bad signals from JH behavior. It's not like this happen once. All this was like green light for JK. I thought DH was smarter. 

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

From what I have seen in crime or legal Korean drama, it’s really up to Do Hee to press charges against JH for breaking into her apartment. Honestly, sometimes things that are left up to the offender and victim to settle in Korean drama often seem strange to me. Some I can understand because they aren’t serious crimes but some actually give me pause. However, I acknowledge every country has their own justice system. I don’t know how true to the real life law in SK those drama shows mirror. 

Do Hee probably thought that JH just acted crazy with her because he can’t let go. She was shook up and scared but I guess she doesn’t think JH is dangerous enough that she should expose him or allow herself from being talked about. She’s dead wrong though. She should have realized that he’s capable of almost anything. I don’t know what it will take to wake her up to this new reality. By keeping what he did to herself, none of those around her understands what a threat JH is. She might not want to ruin his reputation but I think she owes it at least to AY to tell the truth so that AY could cease her work project with JH. The staff also needs to know that he’s not allowed on the premises because who knows what he would do.

That's the one hole in this plot for me too, he's so clearly dangerous at this point that it doesn't make sense that she would keep quiet about it no matter how much she wants to cover up the fact that her ex is messy. He is so unpredictable and psychotic that there is no turning back for him without intensive mental rehabilitation, even institutionalization. At this point, she's trying to contain a man who is increasingly losing control of himself, she should've known it's only a matter of time until everyone in her circle becomes aware of his instability anyway. It doesn't make sense that she wouldn't tell her boyfriend, who is also a psychiatrist on top of that, about this situation even if she was trying to spare HK a confrontation.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, catch22 said:

That's the one hole in this plot for me too, he's so clearly dangerous at this point that it doesn't make sense that she would keep quiet about it no matter how much she wants to cover up the fact that her ex is messy. He is so unpredictable and psychotic that there is no turning back for him without intensive mental rehabilitation, even institutionalization. At this point, she's trying to contain a man who is increasingly losing control of himself, she should've known it's only a matter of time until everyone in her circle becomes aware of his instability anyway. It doesn't make sense that she wouldn't tell her boyfriend, who is also a psychiatrist on top of that, about this situation even if she was trying to spare HK a confrontation.

Exactly. JH is like ticking bomb. That is why HK reacted that way, it shows how dangerous JK is.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

By keeping what he did to herself, none of those around her understands what a threat JH is.

And thus she puts herself at even greater risk from him.  This should be a life lesson for the real world:  others need to know what is going on when someone is acting crazy like JH. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

One more thing. JK clearly saw strawberry in the cake. Why didn't DH ask him, why he eat that cake. Even if she wasn't sure, still this situation was very suspicious. But DH chose to blame herself. She preferred not to see all bad signals from JH behavior. It's not like this happen once. All this was like green light for JK. I thought DH was smarter. 

The writers never hinted at it but my theory is that DH knew he was trying to seek attention with that move. I think she apologized instead of calling him out for it because she didn't want to give what he did the symbolic importance he was trying to place on it. He's so crazy he thought she would be flattered that he was willing to die for her attention. I think HK knew it too but again strayed from voicing it to DH to not give what JH did the attention he was aiming for. Same with NE giving back the picture to JH, HK never spoke to DH about that either because he didn't want to give it the significance it didn't deserve. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Nodame said:

I admit I got lured to this dramas reading "FOOD" and then SSH and SJH. But this past midway mark hijinks UGGGGGGH.:crazymad:

@Nodame I even thought the last episode was 11, not until JH trespassed into DH apartment..
Then, the story started to get messed up. :'(

• Like 6