[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

5 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

If this was anyone other than SSH and SJH I’d be done with the FL. She’s just as selfish as the exes, not thinking of the other person’s feelings, not really treating a couple as a team with equal input. 

This is precisely the issue that I have had with DH from the start.  I want to like her but I have found it difficult.  When she tells such a big lie to someone who trusts her, it makes it even harder to see her side.  She seems to be more concerned with herself than anyone else and, as you said, she is similar to the exes on this point.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Honestly at this point i think Do Hee has not finished yet things with her ex. I hate that lie in ep 12 and i think HK deserves someone better than Do Hee! Sorry for the ranting but the ex is annoying, that cousin of her ex is annoying, that girl NE too. HK said to her "I love you" and she replied "I'll trust you" and then this episode out of place... :tears::criesariver::onfirex:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Seems like the story has just started, to think the drama only has 4 episodes left.. My mind can't put things to resolve the recent conflict between the characters in remaining 4 episodes.. However, I think to resolve this, Keanu will be of big help to DH and HK's conflict, how JH leaves his problems without facing them with right judgement, and someone wrote here when SSH posted the picture where DH, HK,GU and BJ were wearing black suits that it maybe a funeral for HK mother? In my perspective of how this story will be resolved, this will be the way DH will open up everything to HK, maybe her way of comforting him because she's guilty of not telling HK about what happened to JH inside her apartment. Thinking about it, it all started in that very night and she will be reflecting on her actions. In the previous episode (11- everyone was so hyped during this ep and it totally flipped upside down in today's-ep12), it is where HK told her that he doesn't want to keep secrets to her, though HK thought of believing in DH as well, it just doesn't go the same for DH that's why she will be telling him everything.. -_-

Actually I've read and finished the manhwa it just have refreshing vibes, but the drama has so many twist.. My mind is twisted as well on how this drama ends after seeing today's episode..

Still hopeful this will have (very) good ending though [not to mention having another kiss scene of DH and HK after they get together again].. 

Sorry, I'm actually disappointed of today's episode but still hopeful for the remaining 4.. Hehehe ^^
I know everyone feels the same?..

• Like 10

Hi, just dropping in to say I am really, really enjoying Dinner Mate! Who knew that it could make me look forward to Mondays? SSH is :onfirex:!!!! And I've always like SJH, and the drama has pretty visuals, easy peasy on the eye!

• Like 7

AH takes Keanu shopping. The scene kind of reminds me of when Richard Gere's character in Pretty Woman took Julia Robert's character shopping for clothes after she was snobbed by the luxury shop attendants. She buys clothes for Keanu and then before handing her credit card to the sales assistant, she warned her not to judge a book by its cover. 

HK is looking up information on Keanu. He finds out that Keanu had to sell his house and all of his property and he sent his wife and kids abroad. HK tells the voice on the line that Keanu could have denied it and proved it wasn't a medical accident. The person says that's what's weird. After checking the facts, they tried to find him but they couldn't reach him. The person said they heard even Keanu's family only get his letter couple times a year. Oh, it's a junior of HK's. He said they weren't sure if Keanu was alive but HK confirmed that Keanu is alive. 

HK calls DH to find out if she knows Keanu's phone number. She says she doesn't but perhaps AH would know. Then DH asks if that's the reason he called. She flirt a bit and he said he'll pick her up for dinner. After she hangs up, DH says that HK is sweet. 

HK's assistant knocks on the door and JH shows up behind him. I guess he came to see HK. He said he came for counseling for real. He said DH told him to get counseling. He told HK to help him. 

In another scene, stylist cousin telling DH that JH's father is a difficult person to deal with. His father is the son of a very rich family while his mother came from a normal background. Apparently the father was in love with the mother but then his feelings began to change. The father went back to his rich family and took JH, his only son with him but then as a teenager JH got thrown out. 

Shift to scene with JH telling HK that he will never be like his father. He wants to take care of DH to the end. HK is a bit annoyed by this and stops him. He told JH that he will set him up with a different doctor. JH objects. He said he wants HK to be his doctor and he thought patient trust of the doctor is crucial to therapy. He says he believes the HK can give him the right treatment. He says, "You're not refusing me, are you? Doctors can't do that."

Meanwhile, his stupid cousin is telling DH that JH has been having a hard time since coming back to SK. DH said she's heard him out and she's done now. Then the cousin said JH went to see HK for counseling. DH looks spooked by it. At the same time a medical reporter shows up in HK's office talking to his assistant. The reporter is telling the assistant, "We just would like to hear Dr. Kim's medical advice".

Oh. My. Goodness! Jae Hyuk must have set up HK. The assistant hears a commotion in HK's office and he goes to open the door just when JH lurches out as if he was attacked. Then HK comes out and collars JH and asks him what is it that he wants. HK yells tell me what you want. JH hugs HK and whispers in his ears, "Doctor, you can't do this to me. This is a clinic". HK says, "You crazy punk!" JH is crazy grinning and HK told him not to show up in front of Do Hee again. Then the psycho says, "Dohee...Dohee" and sure enough DH is standing there looking at them. THE END.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

If after everything Do Hee can't trust Hae Kyung, then they really should break up. It doesn't take rocket scientist to figure out that Jae Hyuk is a nut case. I am pissed at Do Hee, she still has way too much feelings for Jae Hyuk compared to No Eul and Hae Kyung.

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

After having seen episode 12, I think the last 2 weeks will show us why the powers that be decided to bless Woo Do-hee with a psychiatrist like Kim Hae-kyung for a boyfriend.  After having experienced her father's infidelity, two failed relationships, then eventually her parents' separation, this poor girl's all messed up emotionally and psychologically. Hae-kyung's got his work cut out for him. :mellow:

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2

Just to sum up, a lot happened in today's episode and all of it in wrong direction:dissapointed:

1. DH lying to HK

2. reporters coming in at the wrong time in front of DH's mom (otherwise our dear doc, would have made a fantastic impression on his future mother-in-law). Worse point is, this is the first time he got involved in any scandal

3. JH seeming like, DH had a change of heart

4. NE being as insensitive and illogical as ever...

Like some of you said, I too am not gonna watch this episode until next week. Lets pray for the best to come.

Do-hee go to him and confess all what you feel

• Like 7
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Oh. My. Goodness! Jae Hyuk must have set up HK. The assistant hears a commotion in HK's office and he goes to open the door just when JH lurches out as if he was attacked. Then HK comes out and collars JH and asks him what is it that he wants. HK yells tell me what you want. JH hugs HK and whispers in his ears, "Doctor, you can't do this to me. This is a clinic". HK says, "You crazy punk!" JH is crazy grinning and HK told him not to show up in front of Do Hee again. Then the psycho says, "Dohee...Dohee" and sure enough DH is standing there looking at them. THE END.

:surprisedwut:I didn't knew this part...

I think she will be doing all that stuff in next episode, because she has got the idea what JH is upto and she would be responsible for ruining HK's career...

Good call as per her but it would be easier, safer and less hurting to talk it out garl...

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

I think Keanu is key. He knows DH. He has history with JH that DH doesn’t know. AH is also in the mix and I think she would believe Keanu’s story because she already knows Keanu has something hurtful to settle with someone only she doesn’t know it’s JH. 

If DH doubts HK and sides with JH, then I would be really upset with her. However, she already knows JH is a mental mess. It would be foolish of her character to believe JH didn’t provoke this heightened response from HK. HK is usually a calm guy even when she side-blinded him by suggesting they stop being dinner mates he reacted calmly no matter how rude she behaved.

As to JH, I inanely thought for a moment that he wanted help. However, that scene outside the convenience store should have convinced me otherwise. The guy was practically elated that DH called him to urge him to seek counseling. He actually looked encouraged. I think when ever DH shows him any bit of concern he has convinced himself that she still cares for him and he has a chance.

• Like 7

I have faith that DH will not say goodbye to HK, on the contrary she will become more confident with HK's love.:heart:

The first day HK confessed to DH, she was reluctant to reject him with the reason that he knew so many bad things around her. Perhaps DH lied to HK because this time she was very ashamed to not make HK more bothered.
Today's episode is a step back, it annoys me because of JH's pitiful cunning, and Noeul's absurd shamelessness, even Gunwoo's ignorance of emotion. 

However, I really love the moments when HK silently soothes the spirit of DH, including her own words when she sees him the next morning.:smooches3:

• Like 11

Agreeing wholeheartedly today is a big STEP BACK (still got to wait til I go home to watch it in full) so your posts are life.

@celebrianna OMG thanks today for your detailed recap. :offtospace: I wish I was feeling happier but I am not like yesterday's kiss. Why the writer nim have to bring us down so fast. I guess since we have 4 more episodes but STILL.

The pretty woman moment with AY and Keanu will be interesting. (Heck AY had to have DH correct her thinking too initially of Keanu as well. She was just as bad. But glad she listened to DH.)

@romance06  Nodding my head---- all the ridiculous actions from GW, Exes is not helping our OTP. (sigh that is what is keeping the spice n the story and moving forward the plot. Don't love it though.)

The thoughts of DH thinking of herself and not others, she is not always that way. But yeah I am frustrated with her in regards to HK. (She is not honest with him as he is with her is scary.Dang I know DH is realizing a bit JH is unhinged but not really. It is NOT normal to be in your ex gf home asking to see pics of you both and then waiting (acting like you never broke up) and with a bloody hand to boot!? Freaky and scary! 

Glad she did not stay there overnight and went to  parents and FINALLY changed her pass code. (Dang she should have done it when they broke up.)

All this selfishness, immature and entitlement and ME ME ME ME from the exes driving me crazy.  I have to say though I love DH, I am agreeing she is not considering HK as a partner yet by lying to him about JH being in her place. He deserves better.

The fact the continued with Jin Kyu flirting with Sora (oh no! ) She wanted to get a point during paint ball. She needs to be with BJ NOT Jinkyu. She is very fast on the up when she realized that coffee was ONLY for her and not like a bunch were bought for the staff. 

@Kvothe OMG me too! I felt it a mile away, my most DISLIKED trope.

• Like 8

Very, very frustrating episode. If I say that this episode soured my whole mood towards the drama, then it wouldn't be an understatement on my part. Putting pause on the show for now.  And to think I was eagerly waiting for the episodes each week. UGH!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, romance06 said:

have faith that DH will not say goodbye to HK, on the contrary she will become more confident with HK's love

I really hope so :D 

based on the preview at least it seems like DH and HK gonna have a hard conversation about the messy situation. Hope they lay everything on the table and it gives them both comfort. I would go crazy too dealing with NE and JH. 

DH lying to HK was not right. But I guess she never would realize how messy this would turn. Beside how messed up JH is. To me it is clear she need to find her own confidence and self worth. then she can give everything for HK and be even more great girlfriend. maybe as his mother health worsened we gonna see DH be there for him and this is her time to give him support and comfort. 

yeah, this episode really frustrating, but It can just go up from here right. I hope next week we could resolve JH and NE part, and we turn to our OTP for the final week. 

• Like 10

I really don't like the direction of this show, I hoped for more of Do Hee and Hae Kyung's interaction...I don't give RickRoll'D about Jae Hyuk and his issues......this is their weakest plot point and nobody enjoys it......Do Hee is level headed, if she doesn't realize that Jae Hyuk is not in right state of mind then maybe she really need to back out. Also, somebody, anybody in drama world, I will forever be grateful if they could beat up No Eul. Enough of these two insensitive, selfish waste of space taking screen time.

• Like 6

I squarely blame the writers' incompetence. They keep going in circles regarding the exes. Wasn't yesterday's episode a sort of final closure to the Hae Kyung/No Eul's past  relationship? IMO, it was done nicely - No Eul was desperate for any sign but Hae Kyung shut her down for good. I even understood why he let her have his shoulder to mourn the demise of their past relationship. but hey! new episode just a day later and we are back to square one with No Eul's extremely shi*y actions. 

As for Jung Jae Hyuk - very frustrating to see Do Hee play the noble liar for him. I would have understood if she had done this before her relationship with HK started but there is no excuse for this now.  She is now in a relationship with another man - why is she the one always holding back from HK? IS she still in Dinner Mate mode, thinking that she needs to keep personal things from a stranger? They are a couple now and she needs a harsh reality check on her actions. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2