Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

Spoiler

I don’t know how to get rid of spoiler boxes! But did it end on an angsty misunderstanding? If so, I will wait until next week.

Maybe KHK got a bad reputation, JH calculated so disgusting, and I feel so sick with Noeul.

I firmly believe that HK will not misunderstand DH about that night, but JH will intentionally use provocative words and make HK angry according to JH's plan. And DH probably worried about HK so she rushed to HK's clinic. I trust that JH and Noeul's tricks can not deflected from the love of HK-DH
I know Gunwoo is very kind, he always wants people to treat each other peacefully, but he is being taken full advantage by JH to find the pity of DH and harm HK.

Yeah, I really love the moments DH and HK are together. The music is really great in every scene.:heart:

• Like 7

Hello Everyone!

Good morning for me and good evening/afternoon wherever you are in the world.

@thistle  @fluffyloaf @akhenaten @cantbreathe

Yes totally agree JH (the actor LJH) is killing it and I am impressed. I have seen him before in other roles but this ROLE is making him shine enough you do want to STRONGLY Dislike him. Not an easy feat! 

Yes AY is the MVP for DH and HK. :hooray:

I loved how she worried about HK response seeing the pic (the big show by NE giving the pic back to JH) and not letting JH follow her during the MT drinking party. (She is the BOSS!) Or the time when DH was handling the NE lamp fiasco (though she had slight injury on her hand) AY did NOT want her at work the next day. AY shooting NE was EPIC after she callously shot her more than ONCE at DH was annoying to say the least. (Ok grow up dear whiny child.) These two are just awesome! :allgoodlol:

The actress as AY (whenever I see her on the screen I know I am in for a great ride).:heart3:

After seeing the recent episode last  night:

-Yes all the comments on how HK and DH seem like a long term couple already being so comfy and respecting each other (I love it.) They have TRUST already and communicate THEIR worries to dispel any misunderstandings like the adults they are. YESH

-After the strawberry incident, glad that DH called HK to see if he was ok and glad they made plans to meet up later for dinner

-I liked HK offered to get DH from work, when she said no she would go to him. I loved how HK immediately told BJ, he could get off early

(Then when BJ wasn't going to, immediately, he got him to say yes was cute)

--BJ saying the power of LOVE was cute to HK (though talking about the INTL couple situation and informing the prospective bride, also the power of love making HK smile and happy (I am not sure the BJ knows about them dating yet either hehehhe)

-HK praised DH for her quick actions but mentioned about the holding hands--- now seeing the episode. JH held her hand and she was not (cause he was touching) so yeah for DH it meant nothing and in the heat of the moment she would not have cared/realized. Still glad HK mentioned it out loud (his jealousy).:hypehype:

-Cute how he berated himself for not being  more honest too understanding when saying he is ok DH for staying with the show and he is alright it (It is why we love you HK!)

-Big YUCKY NOOOOOO for DH mom wanting JH back in her life. Do you know your daughter? To cook for him and also feed JH desire for DH saying she is angry that is all. Talk to your daughter she has a EVEN better man, you just don't know.:kicks:

-I still love the scene HK shoots teammate JH for DH, then DH does wink and then coolly shoots a shocked HK and then gives a finger heart (LOL LOLOLO):love:

-Sora making Jin Kyu hot and bothered and got her 1 Kill at paint ball HEHEHEHE

Spoiler

I did get to do paintball twice before, it is fun! 

Even more fun in a big group like they did! Cool they got outfits to rent /along with their outing. We did not both times and you have to wear clothes you don't mind getting stained (at that time) .  One had a set like you saw they had another was around a forest/trees in nature for the other place. Both times were memorable. 

-I loved how HK told DH in text to not drink alcohol (after she down the big glass of beer) and then she still drank another beer (she had to look around to see if CCTV was there watching her -lol) I liked he cared to go back and tell her ---nothing was going on with NE. I liked he said he LOVED her. All these feelings are causing him to be this way. Their kiss (not as awesome as BTS) but still agree it is appropriate for the pacing for their relationship. But that second kiss realizing she drank ---DH cutely saying she missed him RARRRRR.  He is holding back but he LOVED she said it. (I would have too if I were HK.):ohboy2:

-I liked HK wanting to have a make out session with DH but she put the brakes and let her set the pace (we have been saying this all along) He did pretend to pout to not take her home saying grab a cab. But she put her charm (he was kidding) and took her home

• Like 5
  • Love 2

The atmosphere doesn't look so well. :smashes:There is a lot of chaos happening next week. As the tweet reads, 'wind of separation blowing in the air. My korean is not that impressive, try my best to understand, please ignore if any mistakes spotted.

Trailer starts with KHK in AH's cabin. Seems like she came to know about Keanu's past or JH's mental condition.

JH was crying his eyes out asking for Keanu forgiveness.

NE has done something big. GW seems to be scolding her, saying that she even need to think for others happiness not just hers.

The major shock  attack was from DH, she said those words to KHK, which Young Dong said to her (those big, heart breaking words), I don't enjoy eating food with you anymore. Though they were at her house, she seemed to have invited him for a dinner at her place, but something would have happened in between for her to take such a decision. He left without having the meal and she too looked shagged, sad and lonely after saying that.

God save their relation  :crymeme:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Jae Hyuk is having a melt down. Do Hee catches him in her apartment and he keeps repeating “Save Me”. He said he broke in to retrieve a picture of him and her. His hand is bloody from a gash. He keeps saying to DH to save him and he feels like he’s dying. He asks her why doesn’t she have any pictures of them. DH tells him to get himself together. HK is knocking at the door.

Do Hee lies to HK that someone didn't break in. Poor guy all flustered and she just straight up lies to protect JH, I suppose. She said it was her mother who was in her house unannounced (in a flashback). Anyway, he asks her if she's alright and she says yes and then he leaves.

DH asks JH how he got into her place. He said she didn't change the passcode. She said this is a crime. He said again she didn't change the passcode so it felt like they were together still. It felt like the times when he used to wait for her and when she used to wait for him at home. But now he couldn't find anything that showed their love. This guy is crying and totally having a meltdown.

She asks if he's completely gone mad and how could he do this to her. He says this feels like they are really done. She told him to get out and go back to the US as soon as he can. She said she can't tell anyone about his actions tonight for her sake and not his. She warns him if he does something like this again she will really kill him then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

5 minutes ago, Wook's Fan said:

The major shock  attack was from DH, she said those words to KHK, which Young Dong said to her (those big, heart breaking words), I don't enjoy eating food with you anymore. Though they were at her house, she seemed to have invited him for a dinner at her place, but something would have happened in between for her to take such a decision. He left without having the meal and she too looked shagged, sad and lonely after saying that.

I am so frustrated at those exes. wow, they sure shattering every tiny bit of confidence she have. :angry:  But I guess maybe she gonna regret her word and it is her time to chase HK back since it feels like he have been the major pursuer and move their relationship ahed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

And this is what happens next....:scream:

She lied to him:crybaby:Why girl why??

Just in the previous episode, KHK drove back just to clear a small misunderstanding which DH didn't even cared about. KHK clearly told her that he even hates the thought of her being alone with JH...:angry::angry::angry:

Just even the thought of it is making me crazy... God give HK some patience

• Like 1
  • Unamused 3

Thanks @celebrianna @romance06 @cantbreathe for today's episodes comments

@Wook's Fan for the sad preview 

I saw on on IG Feed this morning and from what I can get with my limited Korean

- yeah JH with blooded hand and DH in shock

-he said he saw NOTHING of them anymore around in her home, it feels like they are really over

-HK anxious and unsettled at home (even after DH said all was good and she was fine) his instincts were right

-DH covering up for JH but making him LEAVE her place

(DH please change your door passcode STAT!)

-DH and HK bumping into each other, DH responding to HK about breakfast, she had it with mom

(Good timing too that they bumped into each other) 

-DH VO saying she felt so happy to see HK (Awww the throes of the honeymoon phase)

-when they are eating they talk about banmal (even when they met up that morning) and speaking more comfortably to each other

(such a HUGE step in their relationship to go to banmal)

@Wook's Fan I am with you about not happy with DH lying to HK. But DH being softhearted and seeing the mentally unstable bloodyhand JH would not be good for HK to see. But STILL she is in over her head not knowing  his unstable and dangerous mental state.

-the clip about HK going at JH (JH whispering you are at the hospital remember sound ominous) he is such a good user of creating situations to his advantage

• Like 6

I think HK is suspecting she lied. He keeps thinking about it. 

DH goes home to her mom to sleep. The mother asks if she fought Jae Hyuk because she doesn't look good. The mother told her that she made dinner for Jae Hyuk and asked him to be nice to her. DH gets upset and tells her mother to stop meddling. She said she and JH are completely over. She said things are over but they keep getting messier and messier and it makes her feel pathetic. She said JH is scary and she's scared he might find out. Her mother asked if JH mistreated her and she denies it. She asks her mother what did she do wrong? The mother hugs and comforts her. Hopefully the mother should realize she should be on DH's side and not anyone else's.

Meanwhile, our poor HK is so worried that he went back to DH's apartment and is standing outside. He doesn't even know she's not there. He leaves after he receives a text from DH saying that she's spending the night at her mom's. I'm thinking that things might get a bit rocky for them with DH's emotional distress. She doesn't want to tell anyone about what happened with JH so how will this affect her relationship with HK. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

No that I have digested what happened, I think what he told KHK (about not having fun in having meals with him anymore) is the guilt-ridden Do-Hee speaking. She might be thinking that she doesn't deserve him and pushing him away for his own sake. I wish they sort it out soon in next episode and we hop back to the happy-jolly new relation phase.:omg:

But still I think what DH did shouldn't have happened. Poor KHK:sad1:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

DH has breakfast with her parents in the morning. Afterwards she goes back to her apartment, changes and then heads to work. Some teenage girls on the bus are talking about relationships which causes DH to reflect on her relationship as she walks to work. She thinks:

My Life and my relationships are ridiculous. We love and breakup. We fight and resent each other. That's what every couple does. That's what life is. I thought my pain wasn't special and I was doing okay. But it was a delusion. My relationship was a mess.

Then she sees HK standing in the lane waiting for her. Gosh, it's so beautiful that he's waiting for her. It shows that he was worried all night. After she sees him, she continues thinking:

That's why I'm too ashamed to see him. But seeing him makes me happy again:wub: I am such a mess. 

The mood changes completely after they basically said they missed each other. HK starts talking casually to DH and they have a light, amusing banter about his attempts to speak casually to her. They're so cute. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

The mother told her that she made dinner for Jae Hyuk and asked him to be nice to her. DH gets upset and tells her mother to stop meddling. She said she and JH are completely over.

DH should tell her mom clearly about her relation with KHK. It will be easier for her this way to handle on things

5 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

She doesn't want to tell anyone about what happened with JH so how will this affect her relationship with HK. 

Exactly, that is what I have been fearing all this time....:weary:

She should open up to HK. I just wish somehow what ever is in her mind (which are true and sincere feeling s for HK) should get revealed to KHK, medium can be any...

1. A drunk DH breaking in to HK's house/office and spills the beans from her head

2. She speaking with someone else and get heard by HK by chance (can be a live broadcast too, :sweatingbullets:but that will be too dramatic)

3. Or maybe JH telling him that DH protected him and lied to HK for him (and by using this knowledge of psychiatry KHK will deduce the answers and confront DH himself) 

I know I am sounding unrealistic right now, but as DH told KHK once, we should think of the end more positively for our better mental health. (For which HK complimented her of being a psychiatrist instead, loved that  moment:wub:

And my health is greatly getting affected by this drama...

Fighting Chingudeul !!

• Like 6

I really wonder what JH and NE think gonna happens even if they manage to splitt up our OTP? Like do they think HK and DA would run back in their arms like that... They only create misery for themself and the people around them. Will they finally be happy seing HK and DA broken... such toxic people. the only silver lining is K and AJ that maybe can help our OTP and maybe we gonna see even more off their coworker band together to fight NE and JH. I do not belive they would sitt still seing this mess happens. 

Anyway I still love our OTP scenes together. :wub:

• Like 6

Stylist dude is worried about his cousin. He calls him, JH answers the phone was is kind of unresponsive. He calls DH and DH advised him to take JH to a hospital and bluntly tells him to stop calling her about JH matters. Stylist apologizes and DH said he shouldn't be the one apologizing. She again advises him to take JH to the hospital because he's "off". I guess she means mentality unstable. 

She then thinks back to HK inviting her to dinner. He said he wants to shorten the distance between them by speaking casually. He said it's a proven scientific psychological method that speaking casually versus formally makes people feel closer. :lol: Poor guy trying so hard to be able to speak casually with her. But DH counters that he seems uncomfortable right now. I guess maybe she means he seems uncomfortable speaking casually. Anyway, DH seriously thanks him for trying. He thanks her for tolerating it. 

DH's mom finally give her dad divorce papers. AH waits for Keanu to have breakfast. HK visits his mom in the hospital. Noeul is at the gym. AY and DH talks. AY asks what's up with her and that she's lost so much weight because of her. DH said if she told her she will get chills down her spine. After a bit she tells her that her mother is divorcing her father. *rolls eyes* She started to tell her about JH and last night but then she pauses. AY presses her and then the scene changes to stylist and JH. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

HK has confirmed love and said love DH. I guess it's time for her to take a step forward now. After many incidents happened around her, HK was always patient and gentle by her side to comfort and trust her, so this time JH came and harass HK, she would tell him "I will never say ..... eating with you has become uncomfortable"  as in preview.

And HK is asking Noeul or someone that you are honest

• Like 3

Stylist told JH that DH told him to take him to the hospital. Flashback to JH hearing DH lie to HK after she opens the door to HK. In the present, he tells his cousin that he's been healed by hearing "that". 

HK and his mom are in the hospital talking about her surgery. The mom seems realistic about her situation and keeps talking about dying. Anyway, HK calls his mother "mom" and she feels happy hearing him say it. She says if she doesn't die, she'll befriend "her", Woo Do Hee. HK told her that DH likes her too. 

Do Hee tells her mother to go get counseling. Her mother was outraged at first but lo and behold she went to HK's office for counseling. :lol: Reporters show up in his office asking his assistant about his relationship with Noeul. Her mother overhears this and thinks the doctor is a playboy that breaks women's hearts. Meanwhile HK is on the phone with DH talking about their dinner plans. He finishes speaking to her and in comes her mother. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, sal2 said:

I am so frustrated at those exes.

Me, too.  But even more than that I Hate that DH lied to HK.  She has no excuse for lying to him when he is genuinely worried about her and is trying to be understanding.  Lies totally tick me off.  Lies open the door so that evil can walk in. 

I really don't like some of what I'm seeing from the recaps and I know that KDrama episode-wise we're entering the drama-drama-drama point where the Big Relationship takes a side-trip to Hades, so I'm gonna consciously back away.  Not watching today's episode.  I'll be waiting cautiously from the sidelines until we find out what happens next week.

If I didn't really like our lead couple, it wouldn't matter.  But I do, so it does.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

DH is looking over the footage for the paintball. She sees the image of JH and decides to call him to ask if he went to the hospital. The guy find it hard to contain his happiness at her calling him to check that he's okay. She advises him to get counseling. He's all smiles over her concern. He agrees to go to counseling and he thanks her for her concern. He's smiling. It looks like he's sitting outside the convenience store where Keanu usually hangs out. 

HK and DH are having a hot and spicy dinner. :lol: HK tells DH he had a rough day. A lot of shocking things happened. He said he usually don't talk about work but it involves her. Flashback to his session with her mom. After they talk about her feelings for the divorcing after  30 years of marriage, the mom asks him if he has a girlfriend. She tells him if her daughter brought home a man like him, she would do whatever it takes to change her daughter's mind. She said HK is a smooth talker. He laughs and tells her don't worry he has a girlfriend. The mother responds that she feels bad for the girlfriend. lol Oh. My. Gosh. He doesn't know that the lady is DH's mom. He's only telling DH the story because she's related to it by being his girlfriend. In the present they're both laughing at the mother. Wow. This is amusing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

ACCCCCCCKKKKKKK!

Seriously almost lunch time and here I am again.

@celebrianna Bless your heart for continuing to update us.

@romance06 Hear Hear yeah DH needs to say I love you but from what we can so it is not going to happen soon as we have sweet now we have to have ANGST uggggh.

@sal2 Yup the exes are delu delu thinking if they did break up the OTP, they could successfully restart their old relationships.  

OMG wow finally DH mom divorces the dad. Does the mom see HK accost JH in the open front area?! (I hope not.) The fact JH reminded him and HK was losing his cool---shows he is emotional when it comes to DH. (NE complained he did not show his emotions and here anything related to DH and of course JH egging him on doesn't help--unleashes his feelings frustrations to JH). 

Not happy the timing that reporters talk about NE to HK in front of DH mom (oh what timing and seriously UGGGH NE). I agree about wanting to do the kimchee slap to NE and JH! (Totally second it.) 

HK and DH banter on the awkwardness to try to do banmal to feel closer was cute. (Reminded me of my chat with my close Korean friend about language and banmal too with her.)

GW I know you are worrying about your cousin but dragging in DH is NOT RIGHT! LIke he did with HK about anything to do with NE! (Seriously that is all you do drag the exes to come in.) Thanks DH for telling GW to take JH to the hospital. But DANG it DH for lying to HK when he has been good about talking out matters with you. I was def not happy to hear JH was happy that DH covered for him and did not tell HK (eeeks yuck). 

Yikes DH mom telling HK she wouldn't want her daughter dating someone like him? Then HK telling DH not knowing (of course he wouldn't) that it IS her mom. Oh no!

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, thistle said:

I Hate that DH lied to HK.  She has no excuse for lying to him when he is genuinely worried about her and is trying to be understanding. 

I second everything @thistle said. Seriously unhappy with DH. You don’t have any reason to lie to HK. He takes great effort to be open and honest to her and she just throws it in his face. They should be dealing with everything together. 

If this was anyone other than SSH and SJH I’d be done with the FL. She’s just as selfish as the exes, not thinking of the other person’s feelings, not really treating a couple as a team with equal input. 

I’m going to hit pause on watching this week’s episodes too. I really hope DH really redeems herself. Haven’t absorbed all of the recaps, so I’m hoping she’s breaking up with HK to save him from having his career destroyed by JH or something. 

:brokenheart:

Also grateful for the great recaps @celebrianna 

:Megathanks:

• Like 2
  • Love 2