[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

I always pick up my heart on the floor whenever I see the BTS kiss scene, this is the boldest kiss scene of SJH so far.. I think this was what she was taking about, "real acting" good thing she did it with SSH!!

OMG this pair, you two build a house and already live together.. HAHAHA :wub::rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • Love 4

I’d like to take a moment to appreciate So-ra (Oh Hye-won). Out of the entire staff I look forward to her scenes the most. I love her mildly catty comments, how she’s always firmly on Do-hee’s side and the way she always rolls her eyes when Jea-Hyeok shows up to ruin the moment (same, girl, same). Her outfits are quirky and she’s wonderfully silly and fun. She makes me miss my office squad who makes every dull day at work so much more fun.

No lie, I’m kind of shipping So-ra with Byeong-Jin. I feel like they’d be perfect for each other. Any chance of a third couple on this show?
Edited by ednamode101
  • Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

OMG keep these goodies coming! Not going to lie, LOVING the BTS kiss between SSH and SJH more than the actual screen kiss but not too shabby.

@ednamode101 @nyzah13 @huckleberrymoonriver

Their chemi BTS is cute! I love how he teased her, she is like playfully hitting him and her "oppa" is adorbs. 

The recaps by Drama milk is finally out!

https://www.dramamilk.com/dinner-mate-episode-21-22-live-recap-part-1/

https://www.dramamilk.com/dinner-mate-episode-21-22-live-recap-part-2/

It is lunch time, in time for me to read and ponder over the episode. But still happy about the KISS!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, cantbreathe said:

Why is DH so sad

Maybe related to the intruder? Maybe she learn about JH have been stalking her, or his real reason for the break up? 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Later while HK works and DH is in another room watching classical movies from a projector

This seems like a couple in a long term relationship Hahaha. Getting a married couple feels:D:D

Would love to see such scenes more often

2 hours ago, Nodame said:

There were other dramas too the BTS of the kiss was HOTTER than what was shown on the small screen (ahem Suspicious Partner).

Exactly, those kiss scenes were legendary. The chemistry between JCW and NJH was sparking. It looked so damn intense. Especially the their first one...:wub::wub:

Of course foremost prospect is JH, of being intruder, but chances can be if No-eul is the intruder?? According to me, both of them are capable of such devastation.  May be she got triggered when she witnessed HK and DH having deep kiss...:idk:

Let's wait for tomorrow.....

@celebrianna, @ednamode101, @huckleberrymoonriver , @Nodame and all of you (don't mind if I missed anyone). Thank you for the updates you all posted.:hwaiting:Hwaiting.

2 hours ago, ednamode101 said:

No lie, I’m kind of shipping So-ra with Byeong-Jin. I feel like they’d be perfect for each other. Any chance of a third couple on this show?

No doubt that both of them are like parallel characters in HK and DH's life both personally and professionally. Similar to what Keanu and AH are (their seniors, sunbae). But I doubt that, since its already 11 episodes gone and they don't have a single scene together. I too l=would love to watch their quirky chemistry...:D:bashful:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

what if the intruder is DH father? we see in the preview it looks like she is hugging her mom. Maybe he want something from DH? since it looks like they do not have a good relationship or any for the matter. Now I am really curious who it is since it do seem to trigger our poor girl...

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Wook's Fan said:

Of course foremost prospect is JH, of being intruder, but chances can be if No-eul is the intruder?? According to me, both of them are capable of such devastation.  May be she got triggered when she witnessed HK and DH

Is it more likely that JH has hired someone else to be the intruder and to frame Keanu? He is from a rich family, after all. People don’t trust homeless people, so the police would just draw the simplest conclusion. JH is probably going to use it to get rid of Keanu.

I am frustrated that Keanu and HK aren’t telling DH about JH’s mental illness. You are allowed to breach patient confidentiality if somebody is in danger. But I guess if it is necessary for plot development, I can bear it. Also, it will probably link to the first episode where we are introduced to KHK and he was chasing down a dangerous patient in the street. Action hero psychiatrist! That’s why he has to keep that body in shape

:crazymad:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 3

10 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

Is it more likely that JH has hired someone else to be the intruder and to frame Keanu? He is from a rich family, after all. People don’t trust homeless people, so the police would just draw the simplest conclusion. JH is probably going to use it to get rid of Keanu.

I am frustrated that Keanu and HK aren’t telling DH about JH’s mental illness. You are allowed to breach patient confidentiality if somebody is in danger. But I guess if it is necessary for plot development, I can bear it. Also, it will probably link to the first episode where we are introduced to KHK and he was chasing down a dangerous patient in the street. Action hero psychiatrist! That’s why he has to keep that body in shape

That’s an interesting idea that JH hired someone to break in. One thing is for sure, the person knows DH’s door code. It was easy peasy to get in. As to the assumption it’s Noeul, I don’t think it’s her. I am more inclined to believe she would break into Hae Kyung’s place to seduce him. 

I don’t think Keanu told HK enough about JH to alarm him to the level of telling DH. He doesn’t seem to watch JH in a wary manner. In fact, HK doesn’t even seem suspicious of JH intentionally eating that strawberry. I thought it would have been a major flag for him to pay more attention to JH and become more alert with DH’s safety. To me HK seems more focused on JH “romantic” presence rather than his “mental” behavior.

• Like 9

@romance06 I thought the scene was there. I just finished the raw episode and going back to bed. I can't recall the exact words- it is like 3am+ here- but AY was right that NDH should be more responsible. This is a show featuring food. The basic responsibility is to check everyone's allergies. I know its done for the drama's sake but she is written in as an experienced PD.

What I can't remember is to analyze the preview scene by scene.

@celebrianna seemed to have given a comprehensive recap.

KHK is very understanding. NE must have pushed him to his limits for him to end the or end his feelings for her. This guy has more patience than many other males.

Oh yes some funny scenes. The paintball acrobatics and grandstanding made me laugh quite a lot. NH was evil as she shot KHK. Lol.

Ah Yeong and Keanu were adorable together. He was rather sweet and she is so feisty. Hahaha his reaction when she proposed that they live together. And her defintion made me chortle at his reaction.

I actually felt sad watching Keanu when he was talking to  JH when he mentioned what happened to his family. That is really bad especially if it was libel. 

Anyway its in the middle of the night and hard for me to recall every word. The BTS- it sounds or looks like SSH went off script. You know how actors usually discuss angles or step by step especially if one person is inexperienced  in kissing scenes. SSH went angled his head to the right- that must not have been discussed- if he was explaining to her why " this side, this side, the head. "  Since a couple of BTS were discusing angles, sides, and who can see the kiss. I presume the crew filming it. I wasn't paying that much attention since there were multiple posts of the same. There are only about 4 actual BTS right? I think 3 for sure at least based on what I heard.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

To me HK seems more focused on JH “romantic” presence rather than his “mental” behavior.

Its a given since now he is more romantically involved with DH. He can't seem to use his doctrine into it:sweatingbullets:

Moreover, since he still doesn't know what JH did to Keanu or the reason behind the accident on show with No-eul, he is a=unable to grasp the level of danger JH poses. That's why I think he is yet not alarmed...

Just saw the preview. The way DH was hugging her mom, it does seem like her father (but he has got no reason to tear the couples caricature). And if it had been anyone else, KHK would have taken her home with him for ensuring her safety, but she was at her home only. And even KHK looked tense even after going back to his house. Secondly since KHK came back to her, he might have met DH's mom. Good for them...

Seems like DH and NE are gonna have a face-off. DH looked a bit pissed off after having conversation with NE.

Thankfully, we will get to see some good time between DH and KHK.

JH went to KHK's clinic, don't know if for counselling (which I think has the least chance) or something else.

May god give you all the power to patiently wait till tomorrow's episode

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

@ednamode101  OHHHHH I like BJ with Sora. They both want to be dating and would be CUTE . Plus they could help DH and HK too. LOL.

I love Sora's support of DH. (She did arrange the camping/glamping meetup.):love:

@Wook's Fan Agreed! HK doesn't know the full details from Keanu what JH could do! (Any sane person would not do what he has done so far.) But Keanu does . The lack of remorse for his actions is scary. :cry: I am frustrated too @cantbreathe but yeah plot development and even Keanu did not want to say more until he saw that HK realized he know JH and DH connection.

@ck1Oz Good to see you back but sorry it is wee hours to write it! I agree with your words that AY was disappointed with PD Woo DH. Exactly, a BIG thing with allergies and food ones you have to check the FOODS show and allergies by participants. This is basic, since you are right it is not her first rodeo. Plus she knew JH would be on the panel. Their answers were scripted to prepare the food in advance, so no surprises or last minute entries. This MISHAP was 100% avoidable. :kitty:

@huckleberrymoonriver Godsend of BTS goodies. Thank you! Bless your heart. :luvarrow: Agreed @nyzah13 just GO GET a room. LOL.

Yes @ck1Oz I love the BTS seeing SSH blocking and SJH just being too cute. From the sweeping her off her feet practice move--he used when she was in is daydream pink dress . They are just too cute teasing each other. Even when SJH hit oppa , he was like no the kiss ends here (putting his face to one side of her face). 

(She is ONE lucky gal.):hwaiting:

I just read the Dramamilk recaps as I am at work and only 3.5 hours left til quitting time.

--Loved that HK did not drive NE home. Loved he told her off and said I KNEW about JH and DH already.

-Seriously NE to play up the photo and give it back to JH in front of everyone

-DH's mom meddling and contacting JH and feeding him. Mom NOOOOOOO!

-Lying JH to GW saying things are working out.

-AY checking in believing that JH will leave to USA (yeah right we know he is not)

-Loved that HK told her he loved her. He drove back to kiss her and tell her that. Plus telling her not to drink. So when DH cutely said she missed him ---he kissed her more (Swoon!) :ohboy2:

-Love Keanu dresses up to ask AY on a proper date (looking good) and they kiss (again AY initiative) but at least he is meeting her halfway until he is ready---but I love she said just bring your "body" Oooooh la la ! ROAR!:Cornykiss:

-loved reading pouty HK to DH so all into watching the movie and ignoring him

So cute that he did not want to wake her up and just was content looking at her peaceful sleeping face

-Interesting how DH put the breaks on a kissing session with sexy HK and asking him to be a good guy that night (oh my heart) I wish we got more kisses but she was right--she is in his territory it would be natural to go to the bedroom. Glad he listens to her.

-UGGGH on the intruder (trying to be Keanu) so invasive and scary---ugggh.

-NE going overboard shooting DH in paintball

-DH shooting HK (caught unawares loving the aegyo) then getting it from her to do the finger heart--- too cute

-liked they had jjajang myun date and he told her she did a good job. I am glad he told her not to hold other guy's hand but only his. (Got to show your woman you are jealous--what NE wanted but he never felt to do it for her)

So pumped for tonight's episode.:piggydance:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I’ve only watched the clips, but is it ok to say I’m a little disappointed at how passive DH seems in the kiss? I feel like a lot of kdramas have moved beyond the woman just being the kiss recipient, but she seemed to just stand there and move her lips to receive the kiss?  I wanted her to hold him closer to her. Maybe she grabbed the front of his shirt? I was trying to zoom in on the Twitter clip on my phone but it just got grainier! Haha. I’m just super eager not to miss details! I will double check the scene on the ipad later

:Ohboy3:

I will probably feel different with the whole thing in context.

You’d think I’d watched enough kdramas to keep my expectations low! I just wish we saw more ‘rarrrr’ from both of them. If you know what I mean. 

:hooray:

I’m not prone to shipping, but I have to say I love their BTS, I think they are very sweet together! 

@ednamode101 I totally love Sora’s ASMR show, haha. She looks like she’s having a blast. She’s probably as big a star as NE, but NE is really stuck up like she’s some goddess guru, while Sora just acts down to earth and like part of the 2N Box team.

Spoiler

OMG, so grateful for these emojis. Was so very demoralising to have to emote with these :cookie::mrgreen: haha

• Like 7

@cantbreathe Ahem! I want more rarrrr too. It is why I was thinking the BTS was way sexier than the actual clip (with tons of far away shots of the couple) . Sigh. But what from other peeps have said, SJH mentions her kiss scenes were not to this LEVEL yet. Plus the time slot it is on earlier in the night (so cannot be too racy unlike cable).

I cannot blame all on SJH, you have to remember she can block and give input in the end it is what the PD Nim uses. 

(As I have seen in many other dramas as well BTS is way hotter than the actual shown kiss on TV. So when TOO hot for TV seeing the clips of BTS were more satisfying. Yes, I am guilty as charged--I totally killed the replay button on Suspicious Partner of the OTP. Hubba Hubba Hubba).

Like I said, I wouldn't mind their kiss to be similar to these kisses (but of course I am in LALALA land.).

The BTS SJH was more active and moved her head. In the actual clip she did not move her head. :criesariver: Just too sexy for TV? 

@cantbreathe @huckleberrymoonriver @ednamode101  Sigh we got our KISS but will we get more? Hmmm. I wonder. It was BETTER than I thought but not as GOOD as I want it to be. LOL. Oh Pervy mind just demanding more ACTION. Gosh my drama characters are getting more better love life than moi. Sigh.

Spoiler

Here is one clip and cue 1:16  til 2:22 then later CLOSE UP--omg gosh hubba hubba for the good stuff to start (lol):ohboy2:

Ok fast forward to 2:08 for some lip lock action (their blocking the moves with the PD nim is hilarious not going to lie) 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

I think the BTS kiss scene was shoot twice, it has 2 versions.. First one is while they were shooting and SJH used her left hand to put on SSH (broad) shoulder while the second one was her right hand on SSH chest and this was the one used in the film..

Thinking, who might be having good time taking the kiss scene twice?.. HAHAHA :lol::rolleyes:

I think they were enjoying?.. :tounge_wink:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

11 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

:brokenheart:Just saw the preview, it makes me nervous. Why is DH so sad? What more could NE have to say to her? They are so over NE, surely she’s irrelevant? I was hopeful NE’s story had concluded today, but I guess not <_<

Even Gun Woo was shocked. 

I think, she has only one card - the fact, that Lee Moon-Jung is HK mother and she is ill. I hope I'm wrong, because it's too dirty. 

10 hours ago, sal2 said:

what if the intruder is DH father? we see in the preview it looks like she is hugging her mom. Maybe he want something from DH? since it looks like they do not have a good relationship or any for the matter. Now I am really curious who it is since it do seem to trigger our poor girl...

She was in the same dress, so I think DH decided to go to her parents home. I think, it was too much stress, that is why she was crying. 

I think its JH, who decided to frame Keanu. I'm sure, there a lot of cameras outside. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2