[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

Now we know she is actually suffering from the trauma of being dumped THREE, not two, times .... The first being from her previous life by Ri Jong Hyuk.

the most traumatic one being Jin Kyu assuming his previous life as RJH in the hypnosis :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Do anyone remember the scene or episode from CLOY for these scenes? I need to find it. 

Also, SSH should stay in a suit. That guy is truly beautiful but only Hyun Bin makes a North Korean uniform dreamy.

I can't say for sure but it reminds me of the beginning of episode 5 when Seo Dan shows up unannounced at Captain Ri's house. The outfit seems to reference her red and white dress.

I cannot agree more. Hyun Bin's the only one who can transform an ugly brown North Korean army uniform from dreary to dreamy. SSH in a suit though... sigh. Especially that three-piece suit in the dream sequence.

2 hours ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

Now we know she is actually suffering from the trauma of being dumped THREE, not two, times .... The first being from her previous life by Ri Jong Hyuk.

Come to think of it, it's actually FOUR times she didn't get her man .. Gu Seung-jun too.

Good god, you're right. Seo Dan/Do Hee can't catch a break:

-gets dumped by Captain Ri for a South Korean heiress even after waiting for him for almost 10 years

-falls in love with the charming Alberto who dies trying to save her. Oof.

-gets dumped by first love Jae-Hyeok by text. By text!

-Alberto returns as Young Dong only to cheat on her with a flight attendant!

No wonder the girl has trust issues. Here's hoping that sweet and sensitive Hae Kyung will make it all worthwhile.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

Thanks for the preview trans! 

This week's episodes are A++++++! Love our lead's inner monologue at the end. 

I guess NE is one of those annoying ex who can't take no as an answer huh? But hey her little rant got our handsome HK realize what his feelings toward DH really is. (we the audience know but i don't think he was too sure?) Hence moving plot forward, I don't dislike NE that much, for now. 

JH on the other hand though. What a creep. We are to believe he sneaked into DH's house and took HK's business card right? At least thats how it looks to me. Regardless if he did it, he's bad news. 

Homeless guy needs to spill all the tea, and soon! Boy, Monday is so far away. 

• Like 9

Sorry I keep posting but just so we can all swoon a little bit more, here's Hae-kyung's confession.

Do-hee: I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to lie to you. I just…

Hae-kyung: It doesn’t matter. I wanted to see you. The woman whom I had dinner with. The woman whom I went camping with. The woman who loves coffee milk. The woman who is still heartbroken from her previous relationship. I wanted to see that woman. Even after I learned that woman was Producer Woo, who cussed at me, I wanted to see that woman. That’s why I ran here today. I told you that every ending is the same. But you told me that some endings can be different. I want to believe that’s true. I have never been so brave in my life. I’m saying… I like you, Ms. Woo Do-hee.

So what do you guys think? Are they going to kiss in the next scene or not? They've been really good at building up the end of each scene only to let us down in the next episode. Boo.

[EDIT: Based on the BTS it looks like it's a hug. Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that. At least, it's not a handshake.]

BTS of the confession scene! (No English subs tho) They are so freaking cute.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Awww! I love this show. It's cute but there supposed to be mature kinda cute. 

Hahahaha! Do you guys get it? I think I'm drunk from all the cuteness. 

11 hours ago, airgelaal said:

I think Do Hee's ex is ill, but not physically. And now I'm really scared. If he wasn't that dangerous, Keanu wouldn't be so impatient just to warn HK.

I'm guessing Doo Hee's ex had something to do with Keanu losing his doctor's licence. Maybe something related to the article in the laptop which DH's ex closed before looking at pics on the wall. Maybe he fabricated a story about giving drugs or Keanu was manipulated to give him drugs just to make his story stick. Creepy!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Kudos to Kim Hae Kyung - for not one but TWO confessions :wink: boy really stepped up!!

:heart::heart:

e5f9bb99f355455a9ffaba1215de2342d18ecba59effcc7a287982f0d27b2dccb9846178bac11e05

485a3028a2b3bd446ec48a373541b1a1b9f65c66

Spoiler

c8f736074b542dfb6805837ba6f6b98b811cecdb

Creds. Tumblr (@kojiseok and @dingyuxi)

On a side and more morbid note - JH freaks me out :crazy: dude went into DH's apartment without her knowing??? Then deliberately hurt NE just so he can gain DH's sympathy?? And then goes on to threaten HK?!!!

He's kinda living in his little cuckoo nest of manipulative and conceited thoughts and expects DH to just waltz back into his life. TBH I did not expect him to be THIS crazy. I thought he had some kind of fatal illness or something made me feel kinda bad for him at some points but OMG he's actual looney tunes!!

But now I'm so curious how he ties in with Keanu and cannot wait to find out the actual reason he disappeared for 10 years and the REAL reason why he chose to come back. 

But for now OMG THAT CONFESSION WAS SO SWEET! SSH did an amazing job showcasing how desperate HK was in that moment - he teared up I teared up GOSH that was some good acting!

:love:

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

I'm guessing Doo Hee's ex had something to do with Keanu losing his doctor's licence. Maybe something related to the article in the laptop which DH's ex closed before looking at pics on the wall. Maybe he fabricated a story about giving drugs or Keanu was manipulated to give him drugs just to make his story stick. Creepy!

He is medical journalist, so I think it's his article.

But his disappearance is really very suspicious. His cousin said, that they both afraid of Jung family, so may be it's some family secret.

• Like 3

Do you think JH will write a slanderous article about HK's food based psychiatry and try to cause him to lose his license? :angry: Which is why in the trailer for next week someone starts to question the scientific basis of HK's method?

@airgelaal I think you're onto something.  I also thought it was random to mention how powerful the Jung family is, so it means it might have something to do with the central JH mystery. I wonder if he was talking to someone in his family on the phone, when he said he had to tell DH the truth and he couldn't live without her.  

Just back here clicking replay on the confession!  Haha.  This is literally all I will probably do for the rest of this week. I love this show so much!  Have I already said that? :D

• Like 5
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, blademan said:

On a side and more morbid note - JH freaks me out :crazy: dude went into DH's apartment without her knowing???

DH just moved into that neighborhood so i dun think JH actually knows the passcode to her house? unless the last time when he followed her mom in and saw it... but the thought of him sneaking in... too much FMIYM... please, no! :confounded:

20 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

He is medical journalist, so I think it's his article.

i'm also wondering if his article had ruined Keanu.. then what more had happened to his wife and daughter to make Keanu warn HK about JH being more dangerous than he looks?

the makeup artist did a good job on JH though... he does gives the tanned sick vibes (which kind of reminds me of jaundice or some organs malfunction). :sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

Do you think JH will write a slanderous article about HK's food based psychiatry and try to cause him to lose his license? :angry: Which is why in the trailer for next week someone starts to question the scientific basis of HK's method?

@airgelaal I think you're onto something.  I also thought it was random to mention how powerful the Jung family is, so it means it might have something to do with the central JH mystery. I wonder if he was talking to someone in his family on the phone, when he said he had to tell DH the truth and he couldn't live without her.  

Just back here clicking replay on the confession!  Haha.  This is literally all I will probably do for the rest of this week. I love this show so much!  Have I already said that? :D

I think he was talking to his doctor 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

DH just moved into that neighborhood so i dun think JH actually knows the passcode to her house? unless the last time when he followed her mom in and saw it... but the thought of him sneaking in... too much FMIYM... please, no! :confounded:  

Idk really but he had HK’s name card that DH thought she lost earlier on in the episode. It was on his creepy wall in his room :crazy: Oh gosh yes FMIYM scarred me too!!

• Like 4

Woah what a rollercoaster episode...part frustrating, part hilarious and that ending! *fans self*
Slight uptick on the ratings too yay! Go team DM!

I can't believe they could get away with the CLOY parodies even though its in in part a cultural phenomenon this year... I mean it still is aTVN show! DH must be so traumatised by all these men haha!

It was frustrating to watch them apart due to conniving ex - we really are into classic K-drama tropes which moved on as it got way too predictable relying on the same 'script' for decades. The past few years was for the 2nd leads to have their own storyline and love line, or really put in a half-hearted, weak and unfruitful attempt at gaining their love and then moving on/giving up. JH is creeeepy complete with serial killer board and he BREAKS INTO HER HOUSE!?? Somebody arrest dat criminal!!!!

Still love the show 100% but I'm still confused, why did DH even call off the Dinner Mates thing once she found out who HK was? I mean, sure they fought a bit online and their exes are all caught in this complicated web.... but why reeeeally did she refuse to see him again? How exactly would he get hurt? She did the noble idiot thing and I don't even know why!!

Ending post on Keanu and AY love! They're so cute. Don't hurt Keanu anymore show!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Linwe said:

Still love the show 100% but I'm still confused, why did DH even call off the Dinner Mates thing once she found out who HK was? I mean, sure they fought a bit online and their exes are all caught in this complicated web.... but why reeeeally did she refuse to see him again? How exactly would he get hurt? She did the noble idiot thing and I don't even know why!!

Ending post on Keanu and AY love! They're so cute. Don't hurt Keanu anymore show!

I don't understand either!  I thought she wasn't bothered by the No-Eul thing, as he's over her.  Maybe she didn't think he liked her, but when has he been anything but generous with her?  :huh:  My conclusion is that she was too embarrassed about swearing at him, like doing something really undignified in front of the person you like and trying to run away, I think we've all done that!

But she didn't have to act so cold!  Especially since it echoed No-Eul's previous break up with him, which was out of the blue and because he was 'boring.'

• Like 6

i think DH was trying to protect her heart... given that she confided and revealed so much to him, got caught in awkward situations.. and then one big circle turned out he is the "psycho psychiatrist" (si bel homme or whatever she used to scold him in earlier episodes). she knew her growing feelings for this "strange jeju granny" guy had caused her to cross the line that's why it's not the first time she hinted to stop being dinner mates.. and right now, probably felt too embarrassed to face him with her real identity.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Linwe said:

He didn't tell her a lot about himself. She told this herself. She wasn't confident, that he wouldn't feel betrayed or reject her the same way she did. She was betrayed not so long ago, so she is not mentally stable now. That is why he said, that it was him, who messed things up.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I salute HK for his admirable composure and demeanor in the midst of all the negative situations he faced in episode 15-16! He sure knows how to handle being rejected, being threatened, and being pursued by an ex girlfriend who is desperate for him and will not give up. Both HK and DH showed maturity in their feelings! DH was the first to realize her feelings for HK and she protected herself from further getting hurt and also HK from being hurt if he discovers who she is, so DH broke up the dinner mate set up. HK's realization came just a little later, but it wasn't too late for him to own up to his identity and feelings for DH! I love our amazing HK and DH! 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Linwe said:

Woah what a rollercoaster episode...part frustrating, part hilarious and that ending! *fans self*
Slight uptick on the ratings too yay! Go team DM!

I can't believe they could get away with the CLOY parodies even though its in in part a cultural phenomenon this year... I mean it still is aTVN show! DH must be so traumatised by all these men haha!

It was frustrating to watch them apart due to conniving ex - we really are into classic K-drama tropes which moved on as it got way too predictable relying on the same 'script' for decades. The past few years was for the 2nd leads to have their own storyline and love line, or really put in a half-hearted, weak and unfruitful attempt at gaining their love and then moving on/giving up. JH is creeeepy complete with serial killer board and he BREAKS INTO HER HOUSE!?? Somebody arrest dat criminal!!!!

First and foremost, let me say I absolutely adore the leads, their chemistry and their moments. Tugging my heart strings from all possible angles :heart: I haven’t felt this way about a rom-com for quite a few years :love:

The first time I watched the scene, I too thought DH was mean to HK. But my heart couldn’t take it and I tried putting myself in her shoes and I can now understand better why she did what she did.

From the get go, DH has been in vulnerable situations in front of HK. She explicitly told him that he has witnessed too many awful things in her life (although he responded that didn’t make her an awful person) while HK had never got himself into a situation where he embarrassed himself in front of her. He sort of had the “upper hand” although it was not his intention.

DH has also been more open to share with HK her innermost thoughts (she’s more outgoing than he is) while he is a lot more reserved (partly due to his upbringing). Again, she told HK this on the way back from their camping trip that he didn’t reveal much about his personal life to her.

This led to HK telling DH about his mother, how all relationships end by one either leaving or being left behind, and how he protects his future self from misery by not getting into a relationship at all. This really stuck with DH and from her point of view, he wasn’t going to invest in a relationship with her, ever.

Then she found out he’s KHK from his ex whom she was starting to form a friendship with. So to her, she would never stand a chance with HK. She couldn’t picture herself having a special place in his life.

When HK asked DH why she wanted to stop being dinner mates, her answer was the fact that he was by her side whenever something ridiculous happened didn’t mean he was special (she was still trying to deny her own feelings for him here). And she didn’t want to waste her time with a stranger anymore since she should live for her future like he said (this she really meant it. after going through two bad breakups, she was scared of being hurt again and she wanted to protect herself from his rejection).

When he came by her place to hand his business card over (the most romantic and beautiful scene in this show on par with his confession), her inner dialogue was “that’s when I realised that your efforts to deceive your heart come to nothing when you truly like someone”. That was the moment when it hit her that she’s caught feelings. But what could she do? HK didn’t see her that way. They could keep going out for dinners as non-strangers. She would fall deeper and harder for HK but he was not going to take a step further. At this point, HK has not realised he’s already in love with DH either. What he wanted was to just keep seeing her but that wasn’t enough for DH.

So that’s why she said it had become uncomfortable to eat with him (not because she found him boring or in any other negative light but because she had to protect herself, she activated her flight mode). It wasn’t him, it was her.

This in turn triggered HK to confront his own feelings and I’m so happy he decided to man up and fight for DH by confessing to her that he likes her instead of letting her run away. He told her he wants to believe that they can have a different ending from his old way of thinking. He was very visibly nervous because for the first time in his life, he’s wearing his heart on his sleeve and risking it all for DH.

Now that they’re both self-aware of their feelings for each other and HK has admitted his affection for DH, let’s see how she will react. She has now gotten the assurance from HK that he likes her for who she is (doesn’t matter if she’s PD WDH or not) and he wants to be together with her. There’s no way in heavens or  hell she has the heart to turn down those puppy eyes again (have you seen how smitten HK is from the preview!!).

Meanwhile, I’m going to impatiently count down to next week’s episodes. I’m in a dilemma. I’m dying to know what’s going to happen next but at the same time I don’t want this show to end after 8 more episodes! This is by far the most beautiful love story of 2020 :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, Linwe said:

I can't believe they could get away with the CLOY parodies

Hahaha omg I died. When I first started the show I was like wait these two look familiar. Only later on in the show it clicked that they both appeared in CLOY. I died when Park Jin Kyu said he was Captain Ri in his past life HAHAHAHAHA. Maybe he used up all his hotness in his past life hahahaha

2 hours ago, Linwe said:

JH is creeeepy complete with serial killer board and he BREAKS INTO HER HOUSE!?? Somebody arrest dat criminal!!!!

I was actually impressed with Lee Ji Hoon's acting here. He rarely makes a strong impression to me but he caught me here. Full chills especially when he was in his car passing by HK's car at the traffic light. Actually I was wondering if that was when he drove from DH's house after breaking in? Because he looked extra pale right there like he did something guilty.

2 hours ago, Linwe said:

I think aside from embarrassment of not wanting to reveal herself as the rude Woo PD, I think she was both afraid of hurting him but more so hurting herself. She knew she was falling for HK quite a bit and I think when HK said he believes it would all end the same and he doesn't want a relationship, perhaps she might have been afraid that her feelings are only one-sided (it did seem like that from her perspective, only from audience perspective had we been aware of HK's little antics that revealed his feelings toward DH). As much as she seems optimistic, I think she might have a lower self esteem after getting dumped by JH and cheated on by Young Dong. This is probably visible to HK in the earlier episodes which drew him to stay with her as he evaluated her emotional/psychological state.

2 hours ago, Linwe said:

AY is so funny trying to get Keanu's attention! Hahaha. I hope AY and Keanu will also work together to protect the leads from JH!

3 hours ago, blademan said:

On a side and more morbid note - JH freaks me out :crazy: dude went into DH's apartment without her knowing??? Then deliberately hurt NE just so he can gain DH's sympathy?? And then goes on to threaten HK?!!!

He's kinda living in his little cuckoo nest of manipulative and conceited thoughts and expects DH to just waltz back into his life. TBH I did not expect him to be THIS crazy. I thought he had some kind of fatal illness or something made me feel kinda bad for him at some points but OMG he's actual looney tunes!!

I was not expecting him to be this crazy too and I thought he had some other reason for leaving DH but he really is CRAZY. And it's really scary to see how he is like! I am just wondering is NE had worked with JH earlier at Pizza Hut to get both HK and DH to turn up there?

It seems like NE and JH would be on the same boat but it is extra creepy now that JH is willing to put NE in danger just to get his way. He is also very strategically manipulative in how he schemed to hurt NE to get DH and HK meet at the hospital and tries to show DH how HK is still in love with NE ughhhh. The way JH observed NE hugging HK in front of DH infuriates me.

I super hated how he appeared to be such a hero risking himself and pretended that he was so hurt from saving DH hence emotionally manipulating her to spend time to drive him around and want her to allow him back into her home. I just hope DH is not stupid enough to give him room in her life anymore. Any street wise person would be able to make sense of his manipulative dialogues!!!

I am quite convinced that he is narcissistic with the way he insists DH is still so in love with him. The scene at HK's office was just wow crazy too. HK was trying hard to remain professional while JH keeps trying to make it personal. Not sure if he was intentionally trying to see HK's weak points before he attacks them.

The way he pins DH's photos on his board looks as if he is trying to scheme a murder hahaha. Creep level over 9000.

But now I'm so curious how he ties in with Keanu and cannot wait to find out the actual reason he disappeared for 10 years and the REAL reason why he chose to come back. 

Me too. I do wonder if this is why Keanu had been so closely observant about DH all these while. Maybe he had been trying to keep her safe. And I wonder if Keanu had seen JH breaking into DH's house (if JH had done that).

Aside from the real reason he chose to come back, I am also very very very curious as to why he had left in the first place. I am equally curious if he had ever been "normal" or was in only under DH's romantic lenses that was unable to see the real JH while she was with him for so many years? Could something have triggered him to be like that? Or was he once normal when he was being treated by Keanu?

But for now OMG THAT CONFESSION WAS SO SWEET! SSH did an amazing job showcasing how desperate HK was in that moment - he teared up I teared up GOSH that was some good acting!

:love:

Yesss! He captured the expression of HK being vulnerable after so long very well. I hope DH would accept his confession. He did say it was a very courageous thing for him to do and I believe it too. He is so in love the way he kept waiting in her neighbourhood just to catch a glimpse of her. Now I know why romance during the days of no mobile phone felt so much more intense. It must be all that uncertainty and waiting and hoping HAHAHAHAHA.

But I am kind of frustrated with HK as well because of the way he acts around NE. His words insist his certainty of not wanting to get back together with her. But yet he still goes around so worried about her and sticking around her and giving her hope (sleeping on her bedside?!). She's an adult for goodness sake! You are not obligated to care for her to the point of staying overnight by her side! You can visit her but you are not obligated to let her hug you like that neither! Omg HK, draw some boundaries! And NE is also full of BS trying to put the blame on HK's past and his trauma from his mom. If you left him because you had felt that way, I can't understand why you need to come back again begging for his love (which you probably won't be able to "feel" anyways)! Omggg anger much. I really question the intention of both exes turning back up.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1