[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

Hi everyone, let me join you~ :relaxed:

I really hope that Noeul and Jaehyuk will help each other and maybe become a thing. JH hides the real reason he broke up with Dohee, something is fishy but they should quickly clear this up and move on. 

(OH subs are out >>>>)

• Like 1

The episodes coming are getting more exciting! I love how HaeKyung silently wants to get to know Do Hee without pressuring her. There is really difference of the drama from the  Manhwa and similarity at the same time. I feel sorry for Do Hee because she's the protagonist who really felt different emotions, the good thing is she knew them (SJH portrays her role very well). Actaully I am a therapist and I understand how she felt, maybe that's why HaeKyung wants to help her as he benefit from her as well just by being each other as counsel..

Looking forward for tonight's episode.. And Do Hee's response to reveal herself to HaeKyung just how he reveals himself to her..

• Like 5

Their imaginations are making them long for each other.. Hahaha :joy:

Do Hee's imagination.. :wub:

HaeKyung's imagination.. :wub:

(Not the actual but this is SSH, post, I guess this is the rehersal)

My imagination of this is playing, SSH posting not the actual film cut but the rehearsal.. Seems like he's thinking of her?:tounge_wink::wub:

Sorry for so much involved in being a shipper with these 2..

• Like 3

Why why why won't they put subs on the preview? :rolleyes:

Another great episodes - I'm loving the scenes where they are letting their imaginations run wild

One tiny criticism - More Keanu and AY please please please - these two are so good they need more screen time :blush:

I'm glad HK introduced himself and didn't let her go - the chemistry between these is incredible to see and I'm glad we only had a few minutes of faux separation, and not an entire episode or more

Look forward to the next episode :blush:

• Like 3

Gosh some people hate this drama or criticise the female lead. And here I am having palpitations at her being so resolute and respecting herself by stopping her meetings with him. What she said is true regardless of who he is. Why should she confront him with his identity? It is not his fault he is who he is. Its her who wants him for her show.

My goodness, the last scene just shows a guy who worked out what's important. Actually the ML is pretty mature. Its the ex who is demanding and pushy. He behaved well even with NE. If NE dumped him then her loss. He seemed to be devoted to her and he can now be devoted to WH. The FL has had 2 ex who have deserted and not prioritised her.

So there. I like this show. And I squealed with the campy penguin strength competition. So so OTT especially with the backlight and hair blowing back in awe. That tongue- in- cheek was one of the funniest its so cringy that it ends up being so squishy- lovey- pitter patter squealing like a teenager girl moment instead.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Will You Have Dinner With Me: Episodes 11-12

by selena

DIN1112-00130.jpg

The frequency in which our leads meet up is increasing quickly, and each hangout is more effortless than the last. Sparks fly when they’re around each other, and their company is a great escape from their pasts that keep trying to tie them down.

EPISODE 11 RECAP

DIN1112-00004.jpg

When Hae-kyung returns to the samgyupsal restaurant, Do-hee is too drunk to walk. She falls into his arms and Hae-kyung apologizes when she slurs that she would’ve waited for him to come back if he’d asked her to. In fact, she was waiting for him to ask.

However, she’s not actually talking about him. Do-hee continues that the years passed by and she still heard nothing. She laments that they dated for six years, “How could he just leave without explaining anything?”

She compares her relationship with Jae-hyuk to meat that has gone cold. Instead of throwing it out, they could’ve reheated it, or added it to another dish. They could’ve made it work.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/will-you-have-dinner-with-me-episodes-11-12/

• Like 3

is this out of a book imagination again? :lol: 

like most of you, i love how HK decided to do a formal introduction to DH after hearing that she said she doesn’t see a future to their anonymous identity dinner dates.. can’t wait for tonite’s ep!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Gosh some people hate this drama or criticise the female lead. And here I am having palpitations at her being so resolute and respecting herself by stopping her meetings with him. What she said is true regardless of who he is. Why should she confront him with his identity? It is not his fault he is who he is. Its her who wants him for her show.

I like this woman. She doesn't have issues about who he is, or even the past relationship between him and NE. The scene where she is meditating showed her concluding that it was over between HK and NE, and it was not complicated anymore.

Her issue is with the fact that their relationship is complicated. They were semi-antagonists (due to the si bel homme episode), and anonymous dinner mates who said they would never date each other. And with an ex-girlfriend who wants all the exes to work together. How difficult. Now more complicated by her own budding feelings for him, and what he said in the car about all relationships end with either leaving or being abandoned. She thinks he doesn't reciprocate her feelings, doesn't want a relationship, and is afraid is being hurt. In the preview for the next episode, she said she didn't want to hurt him and didn't want to get hurt.

What she said about "this is not going anywhere and I don't want to waste my time" resonated with me, because that's how I used to decide on my relationships. Very practical. ;-D

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

I like this woman. She doesn't have issues about who he is, or even the past relationship between him and NE. The scene where she is meditating showed her concluding that it was over between HK and NE, and it was not complicated anymore.

Her issue is with the fact that their relationship is complicated. They were semi-antagonists (due to the si bel homme episode), and anonymous dinner mates who said they would never date each other. And with an ex-girlfriend who wants all the exes to work together. How difficult. Now more complicated by her own budding feelings for him, and what he said in the car about all relationships end with either leaving or being abandoned. She thinks he doesn't reciprocate her feelings, doesn't want a relationship, and is afraid is being hurt. In the preview for the next episode, she said she didn't want to hurt him and didn't want to get hurt.

What she said about "this is not going anywhere and I don't want to waste my time" resonated with me, because that's how I used to decide on my relationships. Very practical. ;-D

Oh no, has the angst and separation already arrived???!!! :anguished: I’ve barely experienced the sweetness! 

• Like 2

That ending!!! Never has handing someone a business card been so heart-stopping!

It's soo squeelicious that they pretty much like each other the same but Do Hee is just more aware of her feelings. I did expect the identity reveal to be totally different, as in they both find out at the same time and the ensuing confusion would have been fun to watch, but the restaurant scene in itself was hilarious.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I was sad to see Do Hee breaking up with Hae-Kyung but in the same time I think that this will bring their relationship to another level. It was inutile to consider that they were just as dinner mates. Of course, Hae Kyung will accept to appear in Do hee`s program.

I can`t wait. I miss their dinner dates. :D

And I am so curious about Keanu. I want to see more of him and A-Young.

• Like 5

That CLOY scene LOL this is when you imagine scenarios with your crush before sleeping.

I can't wait to see HaeKyung's reaction when he will realized who she was all this long!! If they work together there will be a problem because Jaehyuk saw them together and Dohee introduced HK as her boyfriend...if he repeats that in front of Noeul, urgh. Plus, that conversation between Noeul and Dohee when she criticised her ex-(HK) because he broke up with her. :vicx:

I love Keanu and Ayoung too!! Can't wait to see more of them. <3

Edited by LLYKE
  • Like 4

Are the posts directly above about episode 8 or 7? I might hold off watching if it Episode 8 ends on an angst cliffhanger. (Although who am I kidding, haha. The sweet moments when the smooth soundtrack kicks in really make this drama pop for me. It’s such a lovely vibe!)

I’m behind, so I may already have been proven wrong, but I wonder if JH will turn out to be a total doorknob and it is revealed to HK, who in turn has to restrain himself while JH tries to win back DH. Possibly because HK thinks it’s not his place, or because as a psychiatrist he has a duty of confidentiality.

Spoiler

I don’t like the clip of JH leaning in for a kiss in the trailer! It gives me the heeby jeebies!

Ending for episode 7 was palpitations inducing. My heart went pitter patter. I might have squeal. He be the man.

If moi the cynical commenter for most dramas thought it was good and optimistic half the other posters would be in 7th heaven. I thought ep 8 preview was good. I have got to say somehow the writer wrote 2 adults in their 30s who actually look and are not an embarrassment to their age and work persona. Most writers tend to muck up the leads characters. Both the leads actually seem to be decent people. They just met the wrong partner. Hopefully they get the chance to have many many episodes of dating now.

And also break ups don't happen in episode 8. They do in episodes 13. Lol.

• Like 5

This episode is the one that gave me the most feelings about the situation of HK and DH! I felt all their emotions! I felt my heart breaking when they met at the restaurant to stop being dinner mates and when DH was at the bus stop and pondering "That there may be tons of men in this world but none of them are trustworthy, but then Kim Hae Kyong showed up. He didn't know anything about me but he saved my life, listened to what I said and ate with me". I felt their love for each other when HK and DH saw each other at the crosswalk and DH's thoughts were "That's when I realized that your efforts to deceive your heart come to nothing when you truly like someone"! Another scene I love is when they were at the campsite and HK left a blanket on the chair for DH since it's cold and DH thanked HK not for the blanket but for coming with her to the camp site and you can feel their sincerity with each other in their conversation that they had. Then there was the beautiful background music of the piano as they were talking. The scene at the car where they were having a heart to heart talk is another one I love as well as when HK showed up at DH's outside building and confronted her ex and then HK took DH away from her ex and cared for her swollen wrist. This is the episode that it was revealed that both HK and DH are really over their exes and don't want to get back with them ever. Looking forward to the beginning of their relationship in the coming episodes!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1