[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

1 hour ago, Adritz_ said:

who else is feeling a melodrama vibe from the ex boyfriend?

First  i thought he has some terminal illness because of the medicine bottles, his interest in doing a program on medical issues and the rush to get back with HD.

now i think he fled Korea because he was responsible for the death of that homeless man's family, and may have some illness related to the accident.

Yes, that's what I thought at first, that there was some illness. But now it seems the backstory involves Keanu. 

This drama is a bit of a reversal from other dramas and movies with this theme. A lot of the time, the ending is that female lead realises that that she is still in love with her lost love, there was a good reason for his departure, and they reunite once again. Old love are best, because they tap on our nostalgia. This show seems to be going in a different direction.

Still not feeling positive towards the female ex. The revelation this week that she had cheated on him just made it worse. Why did the designer need to inform him? He seems to be the central person who knows all four people.

And his mother is not becoming more sympathetic either.  Why did she have to show up on his date to check out the girl? His assistant had no business informing her.

10 hours ago, romance06 said:

At the end of today's episode, Dohee asked them not to have dinner together.
After the fall on Hae Kyung, Dohee knew that she had begun to like him, so she needed to finish seeing him because they agreed not to date.

I understand why she wants to pull back. She is trying to protect herself, because she thinks that he doesn't feel anything and its not going to lead anywhere.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just watching today's episode and thinking how good this drama is and wondering if anyone else was feeling that way why isnt it a forum for it so I decided to search and check and found you guys so hello everyone and I'm really love how this drama is moving 

4 minutes ago, Misstinker said:

hello everyone and I'm really love how this drama is moving 

Welcome!  It's great to have another voice added to our conversation.  :)  

I'm really enjoying this drama, too.

Hi, from Canada!

The main actors in this drama are fantastic and really impressed with the actress who plays Do Hee. I like that the women portrayed in this show are fierce and independent; refreshing as sometimes the female characters are too submissive.

To think I only recently discovered Korean and Japanese dramas.It is embarrassing to admit the number of hours I have spent in this "new world". You can run the gamut from cliche rom-coms to serious dramas. Same with the writing and acting. Many serious and talented actors in Korea and Japan.This drama will be one of my favourites along with The World of the Married, Playlist and Search: WWW. I havent cried yet which is a positive. With Covid and the train-wreak going on south of the border, I need something light at the end of each day.     

Why oh why can't I find the previews with subs? :angry:

Still learning Korean, but I'm pretty sure she called him "boyfriend" at the end of the preview ... yes?

Keanu and AY - great again!  Looks like they're going to be an item of sorts! :D

This drama has been light and fun from the start and I hope for the most part that they can keep it that way - I hope the exes don't turn this too melodramatic, and although it looks like Keanu has a dark history with JH, I just hope it won't take away from his lighthearted scenes with AY

Welcome to the thread @Misstinker :)

5 hours ago, Misstinker said:

I was just watching today's episode and thinking how good this drama is and wondering if anyone else was feeling that way why isnt it a forum for it so I decided to search and check and found you guys so hello everyone and I'm really love how this drama is moving 

Hello @Misstinker :). Same here. Although I noticed that this forum seems unusually quiet compared to those of the other ongoing dramas. In my experience here on Soompi, there should have already been more than 50 pages worth of comments on this thread by now. :huh:

But that's okay. I'm still enjoying this drama and glad that there are others who feel the same way. 

The main pair is just killing it for me and I am now declaring my undying love and devotion to the non-relationship of Kim Hae-kyung and Woo Do-hee. :D

Such warm fuzzy feelings with the most 2 recent episodes :blush:

Dara's cameo had me hugely smiling.  hahahaha

Definitely sensing something more to Jae Hyuk's disappearance in the past and Kaenu having some sort of relation to him?

I still find it amazing they're hanging out despite not knowing each others name, its a bit weird but at the same time... I wouldnt mind giving that a go while attempting to meet other people...coz you know...single life here...hahaha

The issues going with Hae Kyung and his mum is a bit sad though, but need to find out a bit more to see if its worth me shedding tears later on in the coming episodes.

how i hope this drama is on list of netflix or viu...hates the internet connection with web streaming TT^TT

i like Ji Hye. She is a pretty girl...

And for the story, how i hope they know each other very soon. its been dragging with those exes screen time..hahahahhahaa

7 hours ago, MLWetherill said:

Hi, from Canada!

The main actors in this drama are fantastic and really impressed with the actress who plays Do Hee. I like that the women portrayed in this show are fierce and independent; refreshing as sometimes the female characters are too submissive.

To think I only recently discovered Korean and Japanese dramas.It is embarrassing to admit the number of hours I have spent in this "new world". You can run the gamut from cliche rom-coms to serious dramas. Same with the writing and acting. Many serious and talented actors in Korea and Japan.This drama will be one of my favourites along with The World of the Married, Playlist and Search: WWW. I havent cried yet which is a positive. With Covid and the train-wreak going on south of the border, I need something light at the end of each day.     

Hi!  I'm glad you joined the fray!  I'm really enjoying watching the leads from this drama.  Our ML has a real talent for mixing a bit of comedy with the drama-drama, and our FL is really bringing her best to this role.  I have high hopes for Dinner Mates to be a really fun ride!

I discovered Asian dramas completely by accident about 13 years ago, and I've never looked back.  I started with JDramas and to this day I still believe that the first drama I ever saw was one of the best.

Spoiler

Tatta Hittotsu no Koi  It's an oldie but it is still so good!  If you remember how hard love can hurt when you're twenty, then this drama really strikes a chord.

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Why oh why can't I find the previews with subs? :angry:

Still learning Korean, but I'm pretty sure she called him "boyfriend" at the end of the preview ... yes?

Keanu and AY - great again!  Looks like they're going to be an item of sorts! :D

I feel the same pain.  I have been hunting for a subbed preview and cannot find it! :sweatingbullets:

The moments with Keanu and AY are the highlight for me.  I love our leads but Keanu and AY are really something special.

3 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Although I noticed that this forum seems unusually quiet compared to those of the other ongoing dramas. In my experience here on Soompi, there should have already been more than 50 pages worth of comments on this thread by now. :huh:

There are a few factors that can work against a forum thread being busy (like in this case, there are other current dramas with some similarities and the fact that our leads are more mature than some of the young cuties in other shows and there's also the fact that this drama isn't controversial).  The thing that keeps a thread busiest is just having viewers who are passionate enough to post.   We've just gotta keep on loving our drama and chatting about it.  :) 

3 hours ago, airgelaal said:

More mystery and more drama, but I like it.

One thing I realized yesterday was that there are even more "coincidences" going on with the timeline from the past.  This makes me wonder if I need to do a quick re-watch to try to figure out what has happened to whom and when it happened.  I think that there might be more mixed connections and more crossed lines than we have seen so far.   This really makes me curious what has happened, and I think that the incident with Keanu could be at the heart of a lot of things.

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

The issues going with Hae Kyung and his mum is a bit sad though, but need to find out a bit more to see if its worth me shedding tears later on in the coming episodes.

Very sad indeed.  And for a psychiatrist to leave his own relationships unsettled.....well, that's not good.  Reminds me of the old saying:  Physician, heal thyself.  He needs to work things out with his mum before he can have a decent relationship with anyone else.

HK really seems kinda conflicted in how he deals with the people he is closest to.  Not sure how his office assistant puts up with him!  It's funny to watch but it would be awful in real life.

1 hour ago, schummy_lover said:

And for the story, how i hope they know each other very soon. its been dragging with those exes screen time..hahahahhahaa

I'm wondering how long it will go on before they discover who their identities are.  The longer we wait, the funnier it can be but at some point, it will just be painful.

Just guessing but I've watched a lot of dramas and there are some formulas that they tend to use, so.....Given how dramas tend to go, I'm thinking that we will get to episode 8 (the all-important midway point) and there will be a kiss and then at the beginning of episode 9 while the viewers are all feeling happy, someone will drop the identity bomb.  

58 minutes ago, Misstinker said:

Is anyone looking forward to the exes finding out that there exes is dating lol

Looking forward to it.  There is such a tangled web here that it will be interesting to see how it all works out.  A big mess!  But fun.  

11 hours ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

This drama is a bit of a reversal from other dramas and movies with this theme. A lot of the time, the ending is that female lead realises that that she is still in love with her lost love, there was a good reason for his departure, and they reunite once again. Old love are best, because they tap on our nostalgia. This show seems to be going in a different direction.

You've made a really good point.  It's so interesting the way that this drama is taking old tropes and making them in a different way.  I like that.  :) 

3 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Such warm fuzzy feelings with the most 2 recent episodes :blush:

Yesss! Hahaha I love the scene of Dohee dancing with her giant penguin and kissing it. She's so silly but adorable at the same time.

I also love how she gushes of HK HAHAHAHA, she is like a teenager

Definitely sensing something more to Jae Hyuk's disappearance in the past and Kaenu having some sort of relation to him?

Yeahhh, could Keanu be JH's father by any chance? Like did his scams get discovered and JH had to flee the country? But then again when JH was talking to his cousin, it sounded like he has his family with him (with the discussion of them being a scary family)? Does it have anything to do with No Eul's mom getting involved with fraud? And has Keanu been watching DH because she was JH's ex? Hmmm

I still find it amazing they're hanging out despite not knowing each others name, its a bit weird but at the same time... I wouldnt mind giving that a go while attempting to meet other people...coz you know...single life here...hahaha

Hahaha ikr. I think in a world where privacy is so scarce, having anonymous friends can sometimes be a great thing. The same appeal as interacting on this forum.

It's quite interesting that DH is a fan of hers though. Maybe she can bridge HK's relationship with his mom. Hopefully.

------

Hahaha I like how Keanu also showed off his coffee knowledge to AY this episode. I was wondering where he had gotten those fancy teacups and such expensive coffee beans. Is he still secretly rich from his scamming days but hiding as a homeless man?

On 6/10/2020 at 7:31 AM, fluffyloaf said:

Yesss! Hahaha I love the scene of Dohee dancing with her giant penguin and kissing it. She's so silly but adorable at the same time.

@fluffyloaf That was one of my favorite scenes. The way she planted that kiss was so intense. She is definitely a cutie! 

giphy.gif

On 6/10/2020 at 4:19 AM, TRaNz said:

@TRaNz It is sad. No matter who is at fault, resentment is unhealthy for the soul so I really do hope that he and his mother can mend their relationship. If she happens to be terminally ill, it would be best for them to have some kind of closure. I agree with @fluffyloaf that maybe Do Hee could be that bridge for them.

18 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

maybe Do Hee could be that bridge for them.

Someone needs to read the book that HK's mom has written because it obviously has a message for him in it because mom is trying so desperately to leave a copy of the book where he might read it.  He won't, undoubtedly, but DH would and will because she likes the author.  The problem right now is that she got the book when she was drunk (again! girl drinks like a fish) and may not remember that she has it.

41 minutes ago, thistle said:

Someone needs to read the book that HK's mom has written because it obviously has a message for him in it because mom is trying so desperately to leave a copy of the book where he might read it.  He won't, undoubtedly, but DH would and will because she likes the author.  The problem right now is that she got the book when she was drunk (again! girl drinks like a fish) and may not remember that she has it.

I also think Do Hee will read the book first. Before Hae-Kyung `s mother gave her the book, I kept telling to my screen: Read the book, Hae Kyung! I hope he will read it too and find out more about his mother. I have no doubt that it was hard for him, he felt hard the abandonement but I want them to comunicate and see her perspective. I hope she is not terminal ill or something like that. 

I am curious about the conection between Jae-Hyeok and Keanu. I was waiting to see Keanu`s scenes, especially with A-Young. :D

I think Jae Hyeok lied about living for study aboard but that it was a stupid thing to do. Even if he probably thought that he has to be the noble idiot  he should have told Do hee the truth. She deserved the truth.

I cheered for Hae Kyung to win the big penguin. I admit that I thought for a second that he could be humiliated after he arrived so spectacular at the scene. :lol:

I love Do Hee and Hae Kyung as dinner mates, the camping scenes but Do hee is right. They are not just buddies anymore.

I wish there will be less drunk scenes. I personally hate seeing drunk people in real life. I tolerate it a little in kdramas as i know it is a clichee to conect two people who like each other but ...one time OK, two times ...right... three times... but enough. But that`s just my little wish. 

Archived