[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

I started off this show with not much expectations, given the premise was quite simple and straightforward. Watched the episodes this week and found it nice and enjoyable. It’s a simple romantic comedy with a straightforward storyline. The characters are likeable and it’s funny! Not the kind of show that will become super addictive, but a nice watch to unwind :) the romance is definitely tonnes more convincing than what we are seeing on The King Eternal Monarch 

Shared my brief recap and thoughts on this week’s episodes on my blog here:

https://kdramaanalysis.com/2020/05/30/dinner-mate-will-you-have-dinner-with-me-episodes-1-4/

• Like 3

Will You Have Dinner With Me: Episodes 3-4

by selena

DIN0304-00312.jpg

Their time on Jeju was short, but it’s enough to make an impact on both of our leads even if they may not like to admit it. When they return to their regular lives, it’s like the forces of the world are purposefully pulling them together, although they aren’t aware of it.

EPISODE 3 RECAP

DIN0304-00010.jpg

A hungry Do-hee steps out of the car when she hears a knock, thinking that the man selling chocolates is back. She’s surprised to see Hae-kyung instead, who smiles warmly and asks, “Will you have dinner with me?”

As they drive off, Hae-kyung searches online for restaurants that are still open. Though the island has many 24-hour options, he prefers ones with set hours – the staff will be well-rested enough to cook delicious meals.

Do-hee spots a quaint little food truck and pull up to it, ignoring Hae-kyung’s protests. She promises that she’s great at picking out restaurants and cutely asks him to trust her. The owners are ecstatic to have guests, scrambling to set up a table for them.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/will-you-have-dinner-with-me-episodes-3-4/

• Like 4

Tae Jin Ah, MBC 'Let's have dinner together' OST participation

AKR20200530037500005_01_i_P4.jpg

Taejin-ah appeared as a cameo in the 4th episode aired on the 26th and performed.

According to the ‘Would you like to have dinner’ song, this song contains the content of confessing one's inner feelings with feelings of fate to a woman  met by chance and features an exciting rhythm. Written by Taejin-ah's son Yiru, is about confessing the inner feelings to a woman, feeling it is a love of destiny. Exciting rhythms and lyrics that fit into your ears excite you, and the excitement that the whole family can sing together.

https://m.mbn.co.kr/entertain/music/4167797

• Like 5

I think I'm in love with this drama.

Even though it barely resembles the webtoon, it has: very likeable lead actors; strong female lead; unique Korean food; exes with just the right amount of villainy; adept editing; great music (could stand to hear IU's "Eight" every episode).

• Like 12

Heading into the 4th (7th&8th) episode and its just getting better -

Love the pacing and the overall light and fun feel to it. Even the introduction of the exes was fun, because you already know there's no chance of a reconciliation - they're just here to cause trouble. 

I really thought Do Hee was gonna get his name at the end ... looks like we're still waiting :blush:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I don`t mind that the exes came back in their life because I know that they did not have a chance. Maybe it is time for both our protagonists to really move on from the past.

Hae-Kyung is very observant with others but he keeps inside his own problems. I hope Do-Hee with her open personality will make him heal his heart too. Just like I said earlier, the abandonment from his mother affected him a lot.

• Like 6

Have only watched Ep 3 so far. Their closing scenes alway get me. So beautifully shot. And, the exes are back. I usually root for the trope-y first loves, but definitely not in this case. Looking forward to Do Hee and Hae Kyung getting their closure. Seems like they're making positive progress based on their natural affinity for each other. I really like the vulnerability they show when they're eating/drinking together.

CZuL2j9.png

P.S. I do hope Hae Kyung can mend his relationship with his mother. I get why he holds resentment toward her, but I feel that she may have her reasons. Just hoping that he doesn't regret anything before it's too late.
  • Like 5

As I said last week, this show really wowed me with this week's episode. The perfect combination of romance, comedy, and a hint of melodrama. I just like the lead characters' struggles and how they are similar yet very different. Im already looking forward to next week's episode.

Although if I have a concern it would be the stalkerish approach of the second leads, its pretty disturbing to be honest especially with Jae-hyeok's character. Also this is me being nitpicky and totally choosy but No-Eul character is a bit dead to be honest the same with Jae-hyeok but she seems to be more flat and almost seems like a second female lead from a kdrama 10 years ago. I guess I have to wait for their backstories (IF THEY HAVE ONE, PLEASE LET THEM HAVE ONE) to get my peace of mind cause honestly right now I'm confused whenever they're onscreen.

• Like 3

They're really laying on the 'destiny' and coincidences real thick but who cares the chemistry is sensational! I want to swat the exes away like flies they're annoying and getting in the way!

• Like 7
  • LOL 2