[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

MBC Drama

Shall we eat Dinner together? / Dinner Mate

1Z1NVHXWRT_1.jpg

Network: MBC

Genre: Romance, Food 

Episodes: 32 (35 minutes each / 2 episodes per day)

Release Date: May 25th, 2020 -July 14th

Runtime: Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

Director: Ko Jae-Hyun

Writer: Park Shi In (webcomic), Kim Joo

OST: part 1  Ovan- Would You Like to Have Dinner

special track Tae Jin Ah -The Girl Come and Go

part 2 MC Mong (ft.Chancellor) - Yummy Yummy

part 3 Sondia (손디아) – Dear My Star (나의 별)

part 4 SHAUN (숀) - More Than Words (사랑한다는 말로는)

part 5 EUN 은- Midnight Cinderella

Official site: HERE

Plot

“Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” is based on a webtoon of the same name about a couple who carry out a secret relationship over food.

A man and woman wait in line at a restaurant to eat. They are mistaken for a couple and end up having dinner together. After their first unexpected meeting, they meet and have dinner together weekly. They get to know each other through their dinners. (Asianwiki)

“Woo Do-Hee and Kim Hae-Kyung are both young and single, each with a history of broken relationships in their past. They meet one day while trying to dine alone at the same restaurant and they soon become friends who eat together every week. But with each meal, their friendship grows deeper as they help each other heal from the heartbreak they have suffered and soon they must redefine what they mean to each other.”

Cast

Song Seung Heon as Kim Hae Kyung

300_400_s.jpg

Kim Hae Kyung (Song Seung Heon) is a psychiatrist and food psychologist who analyzes people by watching them eat and uses the uncommon practice of treating his patients through food and meals. Although he is gentle and mild-mannered when treating his patients, he is brutally honest when it comes to critiquing food.

Seo Ji Hye as Woo Do-hee

300_400_ss.jpg

Woo Do Hee (Seo Ji Hye)  is a member of the planning team for a YouTube channel called 2N Box. Though she has dated twice after turning 20 years old, she becomes unable to feel romantic love after getting her heart broken terribly.

Lee Ji Hoon as Jung Jae Hyuk

300_400_sssss.jpg

Son Na Eun as Jin Noh Eul

300_400_sss.jpg

Park Ho San as Keanu

Ye Ji-won as Nam A-Young

Lee Hyun Jin as Kang Gun-Woo

Go Gyu Pil as Park Jin-gyu

Ahn Tae Hwan as Kim Jung-hwan

Oh Hye Won as Im So-ra

Kim Seo Kyung as Lee Byung-jin

Jeon Guk-Hyang as Lee Moon-Jung

Jung Eun-Pyo as Woo In-Ho

Yoon Bok-In as Jeon Sung-Ja

Kwak Soo-Jung as pension owner

Ki Eun-Yoo as Kim Hae-Kyung (child)

Kim Jung-Hyun as Young-Dong (cameo)

Jung Sang Hoon as ER doctor (cameo)

Kim Hyun Sook as Geun-Hee (cameo)

Lee Si-Un as food truck owner (cameo)

Character Chart:

cast_bg.jpg

Posters

Dinner-Mate.jpeg

dinner-mate1.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Update #4 - New rule: "No Instagram embedded posts

• Like 5

Update: Song Seung Heon Considering Role In MBC Drama For The First Time In 7 Years Alongside Seo Ji Hye

Jan 30, 2020
by K. Z
ac6554e37cd14df1ada7ae858edf8c62.jpeg?s=

Song Seung Heon could be returning to MBC for the first time in over seven years!

On January 30, an industry insider told Ilgan Sports that “Actor Song Seung Heon is cast in the role of lead character Kim Hae Kyung in the upcoming MBC Monday-Tuesday drama, ‘Shall We Eat Dinner Together?’ (working title).”

Song Seung Heon’s agency, King Kong by Starship, later denied that he was confirmed for the role, but did say that he is positively considering taking part in the drama.

The role would be Song Seung Heon’s first with MBC in seven years, as the actor has typically been participating in dramas by cable networks tvN and OCN rather than public broadcasters.

“Crash Landing on You” star Seo Ji Hye is in talks to play the female lead in “Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” (working title).

A source from her agency shared, “Seo Ji Hye is positively looking over the casting offer for ‘Shall We Eat Dinner Together?'”

According to Ilgan Sports, Seo Ji Hye was offered the role of Woo Do Hee, a member of the planning team for a YouTube channel called 2N Box. Though she has dated twice after turning 20 years old, she becomes unable to feel romantic love after getting her heart broken terribly.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1380122wpp/song-seung-heon-considering-a-role-in-an-mbc-drama-for-the-first-time-in-7-years

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/01/30/song-seung-heon-and-seo-ji-hye-in-talks-for-mbc-drama-adaptation-of-webtoon-shall-we-have-dinner-together/

Song Seung Heon Confirmed To Star In MBC Drama Adaptation Of Hit Webtoon

Feb 6, 2020
by E. Ch

5878b58278d747c3a0844f560d6306db.jpeg?s=

It’s official: Song Seung Heon will be starring in an upcoming MBC drama!

On February 6, MBC confirmed that the actor would be playing the lead in its new Monday-Tuesday miniseries “Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” (working title), which is set to premiere this May.

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” will tell the love story of a man and a woman who have grown jaded about romance after experiencing painful heartbreaks. Through eating dinner together, they eventually recover their ability to feel emotion and begin to find love over food.

The drama will be helmed by producing director (PD) Go Jae Hyun, who worked with Song Seung Heon on his previous dramas “The Player” and “Black,” while the script will be penned by Park Jae Bum, the writer behind the hit drama “The Fiery Priest.”

Song Seung Heon will star as psychiatrist and food psychologist Kim Hae Kyung, who analyzes people by watching them eat and uses the uncommon practice of treating his patients through food and meals. Although he is gentle and mild-mannered when treating his patients, he is brutally honest when it comes to critiquing food.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381475wpp/song-seung-heon-confirmed-to-star-in-new-drama-adaptation-of-hit-webtoon

February 6 2020

Song Seung-Heon cast in MBC drama series “Would You Like To Have Dinner Together”

Would_You_Like_To_Have_Dinner_Together-a

Song Seung-Heon is cast for the lead male role in MBC drama series “Would You Like To Have Dinner Together” (literal title). The drama series is based on webcomic “Jeonyeok Kati Deusilraeyo?” by Park Shi-In. In “Would You Like To Have Dinner Together,” Song Seung-Heon will play Kim Hae-Kyung. He is a psychiatrist and a food psychologist. He has meals with his patients and listens/watches them during that time. Actress Seo Ji-Hye is currently “positively considering” an offer to play the lead female role.

“Would You Like To Have Dinner Together” will first air May, 2020 in South Korea (takes over MBC’s Monday & Tuesday time slot after “365: One Year Against Destiny“).

Plot synopsis by AsianWiki: A man and woman wait in line at a restaurant to eat. They are mistaken for a couple and end up having dinner together. After their first unexpected meeting, they meet and have dinner together weekly. They get to know each other through their dinners.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/song-seung-heon-cast-in-mbc-drama-series-would-you-like-to-have-dinner-together

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Shall We Eat Dinner Together? 저녁 같이 드실래요 - Song Seung Heon - Premieres in May

Song Seung-heon turns into a food psychologist in MBC’s Will You Have Dinner With Me

by tineybeanie

ssh_dinner.jpg

It has been announced that Song Seung-heon (The Great Show) will be starring in MBC’s upcoming Will You Have Dinner With Me. The drama centers around overcoming the scars of breakups. Due in part to Korea’s “solo” culture (a trend where single people do everything alone), the two protagonists found that that their feelings had atrophied, but love slowly grows between them as they share meals together.

Song Seung-heon will be playing the part of an expert food psychologist who helps people with food-related therapy. During therapy sessions, he has a gentle manner, but when it comes to rating food, his criticisms can be venomous.

Based on a popular webtoon by the same name, Will You Have Dinner With Me will be produced by Victory Contents, written by Kim Joo, and directed by PD Go Jae-hyun who has worked with Song Seung-heon previously in Player and Black. Fiery Priest’s Park Jae-bum has also joined the team as a creator.

There were several times when rumors of this webtoon getting a drama adaptation were bandied about. In 2015, Shin Mina was offered the part of the leading lady, but two years went by, and in 2017, Park Bo-young was offered the role same role. Then, there was no news about the project for a while, but hopefully 2020 will be a lucky year for this project.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/song-seung-heon-turns-into-a-food-psychologist-in-mbcs-will-you-have-dinner-with-me/

• Like 4

Son Na Eun is in talks to join MBC drama  ‘Shall We Eat Dinner Together?’ .

1YYTXJY4H2_1.jpg

Son Na-eun's agency, PlayM Entertainment, told Seoul Economic Star on July 7, "Son Na-eun is considering positively appearing on MBC's new  drama" Would you like to have dinner?

'Would you like to have dinner together?' Is a drama based on a webtoon of the same name. It is a romance story where two men and women who have lost their feelings of love due to parting wounds and culture of  not having a dinner alone.

'Would you like to have dinner with me?' Before Song Na-eun, Song Seung-heon, Ji Ji-hye and Lee Ji-hoon confirmed.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1YYTXJY4H2

• Like 3

Seo Ji Hye Confirmed To Star Alongside Song Seung Heon In Upcoming MBC Romance Drama

Feb 13, 2020
by S. Nam

96bcb220c2dc4192a322293cd4d18301.jpeg?s=

Seo Ji Hye has chosen her next project to follow “Crash Landing on You”!

On February 13, MBC confirmed that Seo Ji Hye will be starring in the new Monday-Tuesday drama “Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” (literal title) as the female lead.

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” will tell the love story of a man and a woman who have grown jaded about romance after experiencing painful heartbreaks. Through eating dinner together, they eventually recover their ability to feel emotion and begin to find love over food.

Seo Ji Hye will be taking on the role of Woo Do Hee, who no longer has any feelings when it comes to love after a failed dating experience.

Earlier in the month, it was confirmed that Song Seung Heon will be taking on the role of the male lead Kim Hae Kyung, a psychiatrist and food psychologist who analyzes people by watching them eat and uses the uncommon practice of treating his patients through food and meals. Although he is gentle and mild-mannered when treating his patients, he is brutally honest when it comes to critiquing food.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382820wpp/seo-ji-hye-confirmed-to-star-alongside-song-seung-heon-in-upcoming-mbc-romance-drama

February 13 2020

Seo Ji-Hye cast in MBC drama series “Would You Like To Have Dinner Together”

Would_You_Like_To_Have_Dinner_Together-M

Seo Ji-Hye is cast in MBC drama series “Would You Like To Have Dinner Together” (literal title) co-starring Song Seung-Heon. Seo Ji-Hye is currently starring in popular tvN drama series “Crash Landing on You” as North Korean socialite Seo Dan. For drama series “Would You Like To Have Dinner Together,” Seo Ji-Hye will play lead female character Woo Do-Hee. She has gone through 2 difficult breakups and she cannot have feelings for another man. Things change when she meets Kim Hae-Kyung (Song Seung-Heon).

“Would You Like To Have Dinner Together” first airs May, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/seo-ji-hye-cast-in-mbc-drama-series-would-you-like-to-have-dinner-together

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, lu09 said:

I remember reading the webtoon within a day and it was amazing. However, I'm wondering how many episodes are there? Because the webtoon is not that long unless the writer will be adding new materials.........

I saw that this drama has 32 (16 ) episodes. They chose the classic length of a miniserie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Shall We Eat Dinner Together? 저녁 같이 드실래요 - Song Seung Heon & Seo Ji Hye - Premieres in May

Boring? In what way? I usually like boring dramas if boring means they bond naturally and they show normal people who resolve their problems, like a slice of life drama. I prefer this than crazy makjang. I prefer anything than nonsense makjang.

The food is a bonus. I hope they don`t make noises when they eat. I have a personal "fobia" about it but maybe if I watch more food kdramas will be cured. I start to not turn off the sound all the time. :D

The last time I watch a drama about food was Let Eat 3.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, larus said:

Boring? In what way? I usually like boring dramas if boring means they bond naturally and they show normal people who resolve their problems, like a slice of life drama. I prefer this than crazy makjang. I prefer anything than nonsense makjang.

The food is a bonus. I hope they don`t make noises when they eat. I have a personal "fobia" about it but maybe if I watch more food kdramas will be cured. I start to not turn off the sound all the time. :D

The last time I watch a drama about food was Let Eat 3.

To each his own. I like dramas where a lot of things are happening so I don't find the premise exciting. The story revolves around their talking about their past relationships over food. I only like these kinds of plot if there is a remarkable change in one's character or perception. There is indeed growth in the characters here but I don't find it that remarkable. But then, this is just me.

In terms of food, the manhwa presented it well--and not just the Korean dishes. I hope they do the same in the drama. Not like a documentary but like how a certain dish/food relates to or reminds them of their experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apink’s Son Naeun And Lee Ji Hoon Confirmed To Join Seo Ji Hye And Song Seung Heon In New Romance Drama

Feb 21, 2020
by S. Nam
3c05814278ab47ecbb334930074e9504.jpeg?s=

Apink’s Son Naeun and Lee Ji Hoon will be joining Seo Ji Hye and Song Seung Heon in the upcoming MBC Monday-Tuesday drama “Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” (literal title).

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” will tell the love story of a man and a woman who have grown jaded about romance after experiencing painful heartbreaks. Through eating dinner together, they eventually recover their abilities to feel emotion and begin to find love over food.

Recently, it was confirmed that Song Seung Heon will be taking on the role of the male lead Kim Hae Kyung, a psychiatrist and food psychologist who analyzes people by watching them eat and uses the uncommon practice of treating his patients through food and meals. Seo Ji Hye will be taking on the role of Woo Do Hee, who no longer has any feelings when it comes to love after a failed dating experience.

Lee Ji Hoon has been confirmed to play the role of Jung Jae Hyuk, a freelancer medical journalist who was also Woo Do Hee’s significant other in college. Around graduation, he broke up with her and left to go abroad, only to return to Woo Do Hee five years later.

Having shown his versatile acting skills through MBC’s historical drama “Rookie Historian Goo Hye Ryung” last year, viewers are already looking forward to how Lee Ji Hoon will portray his unique and romantic character.

Son Naeun will be taking on the role of fitness trainer Jin No Eul, who is popular on social media due to her striking visuals. Jin No Eul is Kim Hae Kyung’s ex-girlfriend, and because he accepted all of her actions no matter what she did, that actually made her think that he didn’t love her and broke up with him. However, after realizing there isn’t a man as good as Kim Hae Kyung, she returns with an even stronger desire to date him again.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1384249wpp/apinks-son-naeun-and-lee-ji-hoon-confirmed-to-join-seo-ji-hye-and-song-seung-heon-in-new-romance-drama
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, larus said:

Apink’s Son Naeun And Lee Ji Hoon Confirmed To Join Seo Ji Hye And Song Seung Heon In New Romance Drama

Feb 21, 2020
by S. Nam

Apink’s Son Naeun and Lee Ji Hoon will be joining Seo Ji Hye and Song Seung Heon in the upcoming MBC Monday-Tuesday drama “Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” (literal title).

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Shall We Eat Dinner Together?” will tell the love story of a man and a woman who have grown jaded about romance after experiencing painful heartbreaks. Through eating dinner together, they eventually recover their abilities to feel emotion and begin to find love over food.

Recently, it was confirmed that Song Seung Heon will be taking on the role of the male lead Kim Hae Kyung, a psychiatrist and food psychologist who analyzes people by watching them eat and uses the uncommon practice of treating his patients through food and meals. Seo Ji Hye will be taking on the role of Woo Do Hee, who no longer has any feelings when it comes to love after a failed dating experience.

Lee Ji Hoon has been confirmed to play the role of Jung Jae Hyuk, a freelancer medical journalist who was also Woo Do Hee’s significant other in college. Around graduation, he broke up with her and left to go abroad, only to return to Woo Do Hee five years later.

Having shown his versatile acting skills through MBC’s historical drama “Rookie Historian Goo Hye Ryung” last year, viewers are already looking forward to how Lee Ji Hoon will portray his unique and romantic character.

Son Naeun will be taking on the role of fitness trainer Jin No Eul, who is popular on social media due to her striking visuals. Jin No Eul is Kim Hae Kyung’s ex-girlfriend, and because he accepted all of her actions no matter what she did, that actually made her think that he didn’t love her and broke up with him. However, after realizing there isn’t a man as good as Kim Hae Kyung, she returns with an even stronger desire to date him again.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1384249wpp/apinks-son-naeun-and-lee-ji-hoon-confirmed-to-join-seo-ji-hye-and-song-seung-heon-in-new-romance-drama

SSH's role is a ghostwriter in the manhwa. I think changing it to psychiatrist is more interesting.

P.S. I can imagine SJH playing the bitter (because of a break up) Do Hee perfectly. I remember one scene in the manhwa, Do Hee grumbles something like "what are you two so happy about when you will eventually break up anyway" when she sees a couple smiling at each other. My bitter self can relate. Lol

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, libra55 said:

Anyone knows where is report on first shooting of this drama? Why this topic seems to be dead?Pls explain! 

Usually they could have a first script reading but they will release the pictures on a different date. We don`t have official confirmation yet.

From Instagram, it seems that they already had the first shooting (three days ago). Maybe theyt did the first script reading too.   With the coronavirus scare, we don`t know if the shooting will go smoothly. Hope everyone will be OK.

translations

MBC Drama <Would you like to have dinner? >
First shoot tomorrow
I hope all the actors can shoot safely without the corona virus

• Like 2

14 hours ago, larus said:

Usually they could have a first script reading but they will release the pictures on a different date. We don`t have official confirmation yet.

From Instagram, it seems that they already had the first shooting (three days ago). Maybe theyt did the first script reading too.   With the coronavirus scare, we don`t know if the shooting will go smoothly. Hope everyone will be OK.

translations

MBC Drama <Would you like to have dinner? >
First shoot tomorrow
I hope all the actors can shoot safely without the corona virus

Dear friend, thanks a lot for the unfo! We all pray than the shooting goes smooth and safeky!

14 minutes ago, libra55 said:

Dear friend, thanks a lot for the info! We all pray than the shooting goes smooth and safely!

• Like 2