KBS2 Drama

School 2021

0001417479_001_20200204094904399.jpg?type=w540

Network: KBS2

Genre: Comedy, Romance, School, Youth

Episodes: 32

Airdate: November 2021

Airtime: TBA

Director: Kim Min Tae (past works: Cheat on me if you can)

Writer: TBA

Story:

The story of students attending a specialized high school and pursuing their own dreams rather than go off to college. It will delve into how these students learn about love, friendship, the things they like versus the things they’re good at, and growing up in an intense environment. Do Bin is a hardworking student who takes on work and school at the same time and achieves his dream job after learning about love and friendship. (Source: Soompi)

Cast:

Kim Yo Han

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] School 2020, 학교 2020 - Kim Yo Han - Premieres in August

Ooooh.. there' School 2020 already?This series or is it franchise?   always gives us the next kdrama stars to watch.

So my cast wish?! I hope to also see some of them......

I'm telling you all  fantastic acting from these young actors! And most of the young actors has won awards..

I hope to see some of the younger cast from Sky Castle.... Lee Ji Won, Kim Dong Hee, Kang Chan Hee

Beauitful World.... Nam Da Reum,  Seo Ding Hyun, Seo Young Joo)

Moment of Eighteen... Kim Hyang Gi, Kim Do Wan in particular.

And the cast of Condition of 17.. Yoon Chan Young and  Park Se Wan.

Here's wishng.. at least. It's School 2020 anyway.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Kim Saeron in school 2020. She's the only one I'm familiar with. 

Kim Sae Ron and Kim Yo Han may be uniting for “School 2020”!

On March 19, an industry representative reported that Kim Sae Ron is in talks to star in the upcoming KBS drama.

In response to the reports, the actress’s agency Gold Medalist commented, “She recently received the script for ‘School 2020’ and is considering the offer.”

“School 2020” is the eighth drama in the “School” series. Kim Yo Han is confirmed for the role of Kim Tae Jin, a former taekwondo athlete who quits and transfers to a vocational high school. Although he speaks and acts like a grown adult, he is an innocent high schooler who does not know what to do when with the girl he likes.

Kim Sae Ron has received the offer for the female lead Na Geum Young, a girl who dreams of becoming a successful YouTuber. It was previously reported that Ahn Seo Hyun is in discussion for the role.

“School 2020” is scheduled to premiere in August.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1389155wpp/kim-sae-ron-in-talks-to-star-opposite-kim-yo-han-in-school-2020

* so based from the story plot.. I sense lonely back story/ bullying part for the male lead.. It's the usual for most high school drama.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] School 2020, 학교 2020 - Kim Yo Han & Kim Sae Ron - Premieres in August

***related article prior to Kim Yohan's confirmation :)

Jan 13, 2020

Kim Yo Han reported to Star In "School 2020" + Agency Responds 

Source: SOOMPI by D. Kim

Kim Yo Han Reported To Star In “School 2020” + Agency Responds

Kim Yo Han is gearing up for his next activities!

On January 13, an industry representative reported, “Kim Yo Han, who was a member of X1, will be starring as the lead of KBS 2TV’s series drama ‘School 2020,’ which will air in August.”

In response to the reports, a source from Kim Yo Han’s agency commented, “It is true he received an offer to star in the drama.” The agency added, “He has also received offers for many other dramas, so nothing has been confirmed yet.”

“School 2020” is the eighth drama in the “School” series. Kim Yo Han has reportedly received an offer for the role of Kim Tae Jin, a former taekwondo athlete that won a bronze medal as a junior representative in the Korean National Sports Festival. After a severe ankle injury and the failure of his father’s business, he quit taekwondo and transferred to a vocational high school. Although he speaks and acts like a grown adult, he is an innocent high schooler who does not know what to do when with the girl he likes.

According to the reports, the drama will be directed by Han Sang Woo and written by Kim Ji Young and Ryu Sol Ah. The drama will reportedly begin filming in March.

cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1376570wpp/kim-yo-han-reported-to-star-in-school-2020-agency-responds

Feb 04, 2020

Kim Yo Han Confirmed to Star In "School 2020" 

Source: SOOMPI by K. Z

Kim Yo Han Confirmed To Star In “School 2020”

While it was previously reported that Kim Yo Han was considering a role in KBS 2TV's upcoming drama "School 2020", today his participation was confirmed!

On February 4, Kim Yo Han’s agency stated, “Kim Yo Han is confirmed to participate in the KBS 2TV mini-series ‘School 2020.'”

“School 2020” is the eighth drama in the “School” series. Kim Yo Han will star in the role of Kim Tae Jin, a former taekwondo athlete that won a bronze medal as a junior representative in the Korean National Sports Festival. After a severe ankle injury and the failure of his father’s business, he quit taekwondo and transferred to a vocational high school. Although he speaks and acts like a grown adult, he is an innocent high schooler who does not know what to do when with the girl he likes.

Before his debut as an idol, Kim Yo Han was a reserve national athelete in taekwondo himself and a two-time champion at the National Youth Sports Festival. This history in the sport made him almost a perfect fit for the role of Kim Tae Jin.

“School 2020” will begin filming in March, with the drama set to premiere in August later this year.

cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1380976wpp/kim-yo-han-confirmed-to-star-in-school-2020

Mar 19, 2020

Kim Yo Han confesses To Feeling Worried About Taking On Leading Role in "School 2020"

Source: SOOMPI by E. Cha

Kim Yo Han Confesses To Feeling Worried About Taking On Leading Role In “School 2020”

In a recent interview and pictorial with Elle Korea magazine, Kim Yo Han opened up about his concerns over his upcoming debut as an actor.

The idol is currently gearing up to make his acting debut as the male lead of “School 2020,” the eighth installment in KBS’s popular “School” drama series.

According to those present, Kim Yo Han showed impressive concentration through his photo shoot for Elle Korea, during which he admitted, “I feel a little awkward because this is my first time shooting a pictorial with such a natural vibe.”

Kim-Yo-Han-2.jpg

Kim Yo Han also spoke candidly about the pressures that come with starring in such a high-profile series, especially in the leading role.

“Because it’s such a famous series, and I’m playing the lead, I’m extremely worried,” he shared. “I’m working hard at studying the script.”

In terms of how he’s been preparing for the role, Kim Yo Han revealed, “I’ve been practicing my lines together with my manager, and I’ve also been trying to read my lines in different tones of voice and from different angles when I’m on my own. I’m also taking acting lessons.”

However, the idol went on to declare that he isn’t ready to give up his singing career just yet.

“I want to try a lot of things,” said Kim Yo Han. “I have a lot of ambitions as a singer. If possible, I’d like to enjoy life as an idol to the fullest during my twenties, when I’m young and shine the brightest.”

Kim-Yo-Han-3.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Yo-Han-4.jpg

“School 2020” is currently scheduled to premiere in August of this year.

cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1389069wpp/kim-yo-han-confesses-to-feeling-worried-about-taking-on-leading-role-in-school-2020

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!

Apr 06, 2020

WJSN's Eunseo In Talks To Star In "School 2020" Opposite Kim Yo Han

Source: SOOMPI by E. Cha

WJSN’s Eunseo In Talks To Star In “School 2020” Opposite Kim Yo Han

WJSN’s Eunseo may be making her small-screen debut!

On April 6, Korean news outlet TV Report published a report claiming that Eunseo would be starring in KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “School 2020” as one of its leads. Kim Yo Han has previously been confirmed as the male lead, while Kim Sae Ron is currently in talks for a different leading role.

Later that morning, King Kong by Starship confirmed, “WJSN’s Eunseo recently received a casting offer for ‘School 2020,’ and she is currently in discussions for the role with a favorable outlook.”

“School 2020” is the eighth installment in KBS’s popular “School” drama series. According to TV Report, Eunseo has been offered the role of Lee Yoo Jung, who has a one-sided crush on Kim Yo Han’s character Kim Tae Jin. Due to her parents’ obsession with education, Lee Yoo Jung leaves Korea at an early age to study abroad in the United States, but her personality takes a turn for the worse due to the severe racism she encounters there. She then returns to Korea to attend high school in her native country.

Although Eunseo has previously starred in music videos and a web drama, if she accepts her casting offer, “School 2020” would mark her very first role in a television drama.

cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1392561wpp/wjsns-eunseo-to-reportedly-star-in-school-2020-opposite-kim-yo-han

Apr 13, 2020

"School 2020" Responds To Reports of Drama Not Airing in KBS

Source: SOOMPI by U. Kim

“School 2020” Responds To Reports Of Drama Not Airing On KBS

The future of “School 2020” is unclear.

On April 10, SPOTV NEWS reported that KBS had decided not to air “School 2020.” Two days later, a source from “School 2020” clarified, “Nothing has been decided yet. We are discussing the matter from various angles.”

Previously, Ahn Seo Hyun was in discussion for the female lead role, but she was ultimately not cast in the drama due to conflicts between her father and the production company. The female lead role was then offered to Kim Sae Ron, while WJSN’s Eunseo was offered a different leading role. Kim Yo Han is confirmed to play the male lead.

“School 2020” was originally scheduled to begin filming in March and premiere in August. If KBS decides not to air the drama, the drama may be picked up by a different broadcasting channel.

cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1393918wpp/school-2020-responds-to-reports-of-drama-not-airing-on-kbs

Apr 14, 2020

"Update: School 2020" Production Company Shares Update On Drama's Status Following KBS's Decision To Not Air The Show

Source: SOOMPI by U. Kim

Update: “School 2020” Production Company Shares Update On Drama’s Status Following KBS’s Decision To Not Air The Show

Updated April 14 KST:

Following KBS’s decision to not broadcast “School 2020” on the channel, a source from the drama’s production company shared an update on the status of the drama’s production.

The source stated, “Currently, we are discussing the programming for ‘School 2020’ from various angles. The production is being carried out without any setbacks. We are planning to make final casting decisions and officially begin the production process.”

Updated April 14 KST:

KBS will no longer be airing “School 2020.”

A KBS representative confirmed on April 14, “After discussion, the decision was made [for KBS] to not broadcast ‘School 2020.'”

Spoiler

Original Article:

The future of “School 2020” is unclear.

On April 10, SPOTV NEWS reported that KBS had decided not to air “School 2020.” Two days later, a source from “School 2020” clarified, “Nothing has been decided yet. We are discussing the matter from various angles.”

Previously, Ahn Seo Hyun was in discussion for the female lead role, but she was ultimately not cast in the drama due to conflicts between her father and the production company. The female lead role was then offered to Kim Sae Ron, while WJSN’s Eunseo was offered a different leading role. Kim Yo Han is confirmed to play the male lead.

“School 2020” was originally scheduled to begin filming in March and premiere in August. If KBS decides not to air the drama, the drama may be picked up by a different broadcasting channel.

cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1393918wpp/school-2020-responds-to-reports-of-drama-not-airing-on-kbs

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] School 2021, 학교 2021 - Kim Yo Han - Premieres in August
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic

I'm uncertain about Kim Yo Han. The performance in A Love So beautiful was okay. It was more the script that I had a problem with. But I am excited about the news of Kim Young Dae casting. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...