Guan Xiao Tong as Ban Hua
Hou Ming Hao as Rong Xia
Zhao Shun Ran as Shi Jin
Li Zong Lin as Ban Heng
An Yong Chang as Xie Wanyu
Xia Nan as Shi Feixian
Jiang Hao Min as Jiang Luo

Synopsis:

Ban Hua is a girl known for her straightforward and feisty personality, and due to this, she was rejected for marriage three times. However, she is actually a kind and sensitive girl. One day, she accidentally finds out that she has the ability to tell the future through dreams. Ban Hua decides to use this to help her family avoid doom. Meanwhile, Rong Xia is a man of outstanding looks and talent, searching for the mystery behind his family's extermination and the truth of his birth identity. He meets Ban Hua, and the two work together to solve the mystery, and falls in love in the process. 
(Source: DramaWiki)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

Episodes:

Additional Links:

I Am Just This Type of Girl 我就是这般女子 Novel Translations

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @Jillia

This is an adaptation of 我就是这般女子 from one of my fav author 月下蝶影... 

Here's the official book link :http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2973352

And here's the information about the ongoing english translation:

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-am-this-type-of-woman/

To be honest, I haven't read this novel yet... but I'm sure I'll read it sometime in the future.. I really like the author's style.

Hopefully this will be a decent adaptation..  

On 6/21/2020 at 9:29 PM, lynne22 said:

To be honest, I haven't read this novel yet... but I'm sure I'll read it sometime in the future.. I really like the author's style.

The book is decent, I find it average at first, but I really liked female lead + her family's characterisation, they were all fairly unusual and adorable so I end up liking the story fair bit. Male lead is much more standard.

• 2 months later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] A Girl Like Me 我就是这般女子
On 6/21/2020 at 8:29 AM, Lynne said:

I started the book. Seems interesting but don't have a verdict on it yet. FL seems more bubbly in the preview than I imagined in my head.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] A Girl Like Me 我就是这般女子
On 6/22/2020 at 10:55 AM, skibbies said:

The book is decent, I find it average at first, but I really liked female lead + her family's characterisation, they were all fairly unusual and adorable so I end up liking the story fair bit. Male lead is much more standard.

In the drama, the family is a hoot. The father and the son can be silly but I like this brand of comedy. It’s not over the top. The mom and female lead seem more sensible. 

There are many critical discussions about this drama on Weibo and rating on Douban is not so high. But as a C-drama lover I think It is tastefully done from scriptwriting to character creation. 

I quite like the chemistry between the main casts, they are both stubborn but adorable. Can't wait for the next episodes :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished binge watching to ep 36 in one week. Can't wait for the last 4 eps (and the rumored happy ending) to come out :)

Favorite chars are little bro Ban Heng and Prince Akeqi. Hahaha I love how chill they are, it's been a pleasure to watch their screentime. Glad that the leads are smart and straightforward so that there's no hanging over misunderstandings for 10+ episodes as well. I also realized around ep 30 that the little cartoons before the ending credits scroll I usually skip and think are the same for every episode are a hint at the contents of the next episode! This is an interesting feature, I wish I noticed sooner.

Aside from hating some of the antagonists' guts my only issue/confusion is with the dreams. I would've thought they played a bigger role and had a reason to them (I hear this due to her identity in the novel that had to be adapted due to censorship? But I can't find where I read this anymore). Maybe this will be touched upon more in the final eps.

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] A Girl Like Me 我就是这般女子

Archived