Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

@whiteclover Mine would be:

LSH - Born Again

JSY - Born Again and

JKY - Born Again.

Which is I think I was invested too much in HB/HE and SH/SB's lovestory and also regarding true love. The ending of this drama really broke my heart.:bawling:

Right now, I am trying to watch When My Love Blooms and also would want to watch Find Me in Your Memory plus I am watching a Chinese Drama entitled "What If You Are My Boss" (without subs yet, still waiting for the sub) in order to forget the heartbreak brought to me by this drama.:sleepy:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, whiteclover said:

@MVM omy i know right!! Do you know they will star again in a new film!! Its premiering second half of this year :love:

You mean SIG and LSH movie? I have just checked and I didn't know, thank you for letting me know. 

9 hours ago, whiteclover said:

omg i reallly liked Nam-gil sunbaeee!!  he was perfect :bawling:

I was furious with the ML in that, arhhhh. And yes Nam-gil was perfect in every way, can we all have a Nam-gil each please? :lol:

• Like 1

JSY - Born Again

LSH - Born Again

JKY - Come and hug me 

I'll have a very hard time watching another drama with JSY or JKY until it's gotten tons of really good reviews.  I know that's kinda silly but it's how I feel right now...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, D27Gjk68 said:

JSY - Born Again

LSH - Born Again

JKY - Come and hug me 

I'll have a very hard time watching another drama with JSY or JKY until it's gotten tons of really good reviews.  I know that's kinda silly but it's how I feel right now...

Really? That's interesting, for me it's the opposite and I'm desperate to watch any drama with any of the actors from the main trio. Despite everything I miss their faces :bawling:

• Like 4

@whiteclover @D27Gjk68 @jeilopes @pamela572 @innrukia @emmaleigh

Am sorry for tagging you, I know it's so random, but recently I find a taiwanese drama which had similiar love theme like Born Again, a love that last through time, it's so good & I'm now marathoning the whole thing (currently at ep 7).

I normally only watch korean drama (for my own reason), this is the 2nd taiwanese drama I watch after Meteor Garden, lol.

Awhile ago I find it's being recommend & since the plot looks so interesting, I decided to watch it.

It's reallyyyy good & heartwrenching, so I just want to recommend it if you're looking for a good romance drama to watch:

It's called Someday or One day (2019) & it had 13 episodes only

Here's the plot:

Spoiler

The year is 2019. The 27 year-old Huang Yu Xuan terribly misses her boyfriend Wang Quan Sheng, who has been missing for two years and is presumed dead. Her birthday wish for this year is to "see him." The year is 1998. The 17 year-old Chen Yun Ru is in love with a boy who doesn't feel the same way for her. Her birthday wish for this year is to "become the girl Li Zi Wei likes." One day, Huang Yu Xuan receives a walkman and a music cassette from an unknown person. She falls asleep listening to its songs and wakes up to see Wang Quang Sheng sitting by her side. She believes she has finally been reunited with her boyfriend, but there's a very big twist. She learns that she is no longer a 27-year-old woman but a high schooler named Chen Yun Ru, who is in the hospital recuperating from a head injury. And the man by her bedside is not her boyfriend after all, but a schoolmate named Li Zi Wei. Trapped in what appears to be the past, living another person's life, Chen Yun Ru's death in 1999 will be her death if she doesn't figure out how the girl landed in the hospital. All the while, Li Zi Wei finds himself strangely drawn to the girl who used to be Chen Yun Ru, despite the fact that he knows his closest friend Mo Jun Jie has had a crush on her... Can true love find a way to bridge a seemingly insurmountable time gap?

https://mydramalist.com/39715-some-day-or-one-day

This drama is what I hope BA love story could have become T.T

PS: If you're watching it, just make sure you're watching it passed their 1st ep (the first ep is a bit cringey) because that's when the plot is start moving & became really good. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@PlummpychanThanks dear. I'll definitely watch soon. At the same time, I found one Thailand drama title Sorn Ngao Ruk and the synopsis is quite interesting. Haven't decide to watch this but It will be my 1st Thailand drama series.:lol:.

Now I just randomly search for a drama and have yet to find the series that can cure this bitter feeling. Luckily I could laugh with Mystic Pop Up Bar. I didn't expect Born Again left this much bitter compare to other drama that I've watch. Sighs.

Btw, I would recommend a Japanese drama " Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko Made mo" very cute drama with a happy ending. I watched this drama before BA. Tsundere doctor with his nurse:lol:

@whiteclover

JSY - Born Again

JKY - Born Again

LSH - The scholar who walk the night. Actually I finished Local Hero, during ep 11- 16 (BA) and to my surprise his characters was different from one drama to another. One thing that never change, he is a walking statue:wub: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

BA was the first drama I watched with LSH and totally fell in love with him... Only to have my heart broken all along and in the end.
So, to try to resuscitate my heart, I have watched Like Likes Like, but I can only find the first 2 episodes with Eng subtitles :-/ 
Among all other dramas he participated in, which drama do you recommend? None with second lead syndrome, please! 
Thank you so much in advance!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MVM said:

You mean SIG and LSH movie? I have just checked and I didn't know, thank you for letting me know. 

@MVM yesyes i think that is LSH's first film after his discharge ~ will be premiering this year, cant wait yo. Have to share the good stuff :tounge_xd:

4 hours ago, MVM said:

I was furious with the ML in that, arhhhh. And yes Nam-gil was perfect in every way, can we all have a Nam-gil each please? :lol:

@MVM ikr, but sadly the series got cut short til 12/13 episodes?? and ok at least Namgil got a happy ending (presumed). But he and JNR were kinda cute tho!!

3 hours ago, D27Gjk68 said:

@D27Gjk68 well its okay, you'll get over it with other series!! I guess the drama did successfully made viewers drawn in/ emotionally invested to such extent ... HAHAH

2 hours ago, Plummpychan said:

@Plummpychan wow didn't know you watch chinese series too! I heard about this show when it premiered last year... but i read alot of mixed reviews (plus from my friends whom watched) and they didn't recommend it. So i didn't start on it... haha ! Did you finished it?

1 hour ago, innrukia said:

Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko Made mo

@innrukiaOMG yes i watched this while waiting for the episodes weekly !! It's only 10 eps and omg Tendo-sensaei is hot af + because imma sucker for tsundere guys LOL!! 

Mystic Pop Up Bar.

and yeap going to start on this since it's finish its run right. Hahahah i dont want the same to happen when i chase weekly for a drama, for it to be like BA... LOL (traumatized)

he is a walking statue:wub: 

damn gotta agree w this yo, he aged like fine wine :wub:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, whiteclover said:

wow didn't know you watch chinese series too! I heard about this show when it premiered last year... but i read alot of mixed reviews (plus from my friends whom watched) and they didn't recommend it. So i didn't start on it... haha ! Did you finished it?

Technically I don't, I only watched Korean before this one :sweatingbullets:

I just finished ep 9 rightnow & currently on 10, can't stop :)))

They had the best friendship, romance & also heartwrenching & most heartbreaking story, It has sweet moments, I laugh but also cried a lot.

I'd totally recommend it because they're one of the biggest discovery for me this year & possible one of my all time fav. The series kinda reminds me of Nine nine times time travel (which's my fav too) with their similiar infinity loop :dissapointed_relieved:

5 hours ago, innrukia said:

Now I just randomly search for a drama and have yet to find the series that can cure this bitter feeling. Luckily I could laugh with Mystic Pop Up Bar. I didn't expect Born Again left this much bitter compare to other drama that I've watch. Sighs.

Yup, MB & Kkondae Intern are my fav airing too, loving all the laugh & messages in it.

5 hours ago, innrukia said:

Btw, I would recommend a Japanese drama " Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko Made mo" very cute drama with a happy ending. I watched this drama before BA. Tsundere doctor with his nurse

4 hours ago, whiteclover said:

yes i watched this while waiting for the episodes weekly !! It's only 10 eps and omg Tendo-sensaei is hot af + because imma sucker for tsundere guys LOL!! 

Wow it's recommended then, will check this out for sure, thanks for recommending it :kiss_wink:

Edited: I binged completed Someday or One day in one day only, non stop :joy:

Def a 10 out of 10 for me, such a tight plot, well made time travel romance with love that lasted through time (eternal love)

but if you're watching, make sure you watch the extended ending they made special for the viewers too :))) oh & don't forget to prepare your tissues ready. Happy Watching!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Plummpychan said:

I already watched it’s amazing, one of my favorites, but I don’t think is similar Born Again. But it is a must to watch, it is a really amazing love history and the script is so great!!

• Like 3

A JKY fan account posted these pictures and English translation on Twitter.  Apparently, these were some props prepared for the ending episodes before the original writer's script was tossed out: A certificate showing JB has successfully completed his studies and became a doctor in forensic medicine, JB's work office,  SB's work office and an appreciation plaque for her work with the National Forensics Service. 

The more we learn, the more annoyed I am by how much the replacement writers completely changed the original trajectory of the plot and the characters! :crazy: Also all these new writers and changes to props and sets to accommodate the new plot must have been very expensive! Along with the poor ratings KBS probably lost money on this drama.

I wonder what SH's ending was in the original script?  I already prefer this ending. At least it actually remembers that JB was a medical student and that SB is crazy about forensics!  One of the many, many things that annoyed me about the later episodes was that the script totally drops SB's passion for forensics. Her personality is reduced to love interest/JB's caretaker/fangirl.  This was a girl who cried over old artefacts, talks to the dead like they are friends and knows every detail about burials around the world.  Yet in the later episodes she barely interested in HaEun's burial or HyungBin's corpse and in the finale she appears to have quit her beloved forensics teaching and career to become a book shop owner.  That made NO sense considering that HaEun was the bookworm and the drama had thrown out the HaEun part of her personality.  Plus the bookshop was always HE/HB's special place<_< 

:rolleyes:Sigh. Whatever! I feel like we poor viewers gave more thought to the plot and characters than these writers did:rolleyes:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jeilopes said:

I already watched it’s amazing, one of my favorites, but I don’t think is similar Born Again. But it is a must to watch, it is a really amazing love history and the script is so great!!

Yes, the closest similiar probably their eternal love concept I pick at their earlier ep. But after I completed them, I find they're more similiar to Nine: nine times time travel with their infinity loop, but Some day setup are more modern & more beautifully taken. Such amazing love story & friendship indeed, I'm blown away & my eyes still sore from all the cry & lack of sleep (finished it at 3am) :sweat_smile: the series is going on my top fav with their excellent script & heartwrenching story.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@raziela Maybe, He would still be a prosecutor, it has His plague too. I think in this final The three would work together, cause the plagues.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

@raziela Maybe, He would still be a prosecutor, it has His plague too. I think in this final The three would work together, cause the plagues.

Thank you! i missed that tweet and I even follow that particular account haha! :sweatingbullets:

So Soo Hyuk stayed a prosecutor and gets a plaque of appreciation for his upstanding work and making a difference.  It looks like a happy ending for all three with recognition for their contribution and succeeding in their chosen professions too. I also think they original story would have made a bigger deal of them working together to solve the murders and uncovering the corruption in the system or something instead of the pathetic whimper of an ending the drama gave us instead where the murders and the whole Gong in Woo, Hye Mi and CST backstory barely mattered.

Can't believe KBS dumped this surely more satisfying ending and left us with that ridiculous, rushed nonsense ending instead!:grimace:

This total shambles of a drama...  

giphy.gif

• Like 4

@razielaWell, it will be more interesting. Do you realize Sa Bin never really met Sang Ah?

She never knew who Soohyuk's ex-fiancée was.

So many plot holes :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 6/11/2020 at 11:44 PM, fluffyloaf said:

I just dropped in to say wow this thread is still alive and HAH I KNEW IT THEY FRIGGIN CHANGED THE WRITER LIKE EVERYDAY CHANGING CLOTHES!!!!

Like shut up already you stakeholders, let the creative person do their thing!!!! I am so angry. Can they just release like a reshoot version. Like has any drama sparked this much outrage before?! Like if I was in Korea, I would organise some petition and stand in front of KBS to protest. If I had been the original writer, I would be so angry about how they butchered the story man. I hope all their cast, crew, director and writer will boycott them for their reckless decision making and reckless approval of script. Do they think audience is dumb or what?! If they cannot take the critic from the original script, they shouldn't have tried pretending to be brave enough to attempt at something new! Stick to your trope dramas, KBS. Some other channel could have done good with with the original writer and this original BA script!!!!!

Remember the saying "TO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE BROTH".  This is exactly what happen to BA.   They should STICK to the original script instead of confusing everyone ie the cast, the crew and the viewers.  Even the directors are not sure of the directions...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I still keep treating myself with homemade therapy----my FMV.  I also hope you enjoy it:heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, jeilopes said:

@razielaWell, it will be more interesting. Do you realize Sa Bin never really met Sang Ah?

She never knew who Soohyuk's ex-fiancée was.

So many plot holes :sweatingbullets:

LOL! Good point. There were sooooooo many plot holes and obvious changes to the original script.  If we listed them we would be here all day!  It's funny seeing all the things we were debating in the earlier episode:the red bracelet, SH's mum's words and the fact that she had met SB, HE's vow, the necklace, JC's possible schizophrenia, the accomplice for the murders, the paintings, the man in the car with JC/HM/GIW in the 1980s, JB's real sperm donor, the book references, the 10 year age difference and so much more...were all all just thrown into the trash into irrelevance

13 hours ago, Kimat said:

Remember the saying "TO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE BROTH".  This is exactly what happen to BA.   They should STICK to the original script instead of confusing everyone ie the cast, the crew and the viewers.  Even the directors are not sure of the directions...

100% agree. What happened to this drama is definitely a cautionary tale.  The funny thing is I think all these changes probably ended up costing KBS even more money and a whole lot more unhappy viewers

10 hours ago, Yi Gui said:

I still keep treating myself with homemade therapy----my FMV.  I also hope you enjoy it:heart:

Beautiful MV but anything BA related just makes me sad and mad now:cry:

I like that you found your therapy haha!  My therapy was I had to go cold turkey completely form the drama for a few days and thanks to the article @whiteclover translated I finally found closure and came to terms with the trauma experienced :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

May I invite you to a literature company? Of course if you are interested in, you have time, your passion is literature and kdramas - >
https://forums.soompi.com/topic/452081-wuthering-heights-born-again/

I know, we can't forget SB JB SH and the rest cast so...why not a comparing a novel with a drama. It would be a great loss because I've found there a lot of interesting - specially you @raziela :).

Stay in a good mood

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, PeVe said:

May I invite you to a literature company? Of course if you are interested in, you have time, your passion is literature and kdramas - >
https://forums.soompi.com/topic/452081-wuthering-heights-born-again/

I know, we can't forget SB JB SH and the rest cast so...why not a comparing a novel with a drama. It would be a great loss because I've found there a lot of interesting - specially you @raziela :).

Stay in a good mood

I do not have permission for that link

• Sad 1