Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, D27Gjk68 said:

 

JC was a convicted murderer who stabbed a sympathetic doctor, escaped prison and then chased down HE when she was at a church to get married to another man (how did he even know where she was?)  HB gave him a warning to stay away from HE which JC ignored.  HB then took an impossibly long time to fire his gun which allowed JC to charge him.  HB had his knife out but hesitated in stabbing JC when HE screamed.  JC, however, had no such hesitation so he took the knife and then repeatedly stabbed HB.  There is absolutely no legal or ethical justification for JC killing HB (I will admit there is the natural one of self preservation.). Beyond that, wasn't he there to give HE his heart?  Why didn't he just die?

 

Then, JB was ALSO a convicted murderer, who had tried to kill his own brother and had engaged in criminal conspiracy with a gangster to kill SH because SB liked SH and not JB.  The only way this is even remotely even steven if you agree that none of it means anything.  And I'd say the vast majority of people who are disappointed their ship didn't sail only feel that way because the show repeatedly hit us over the head with the message that this was an eternal love.  We are dissatisfied exactly because the ending didn't come together and any false equivalencies between JC/JB actions and HB/SHs are a big part of that.

 

 

Never said JC was not guilty of anything, just that both men were grey characters. JB was not guilty of the murder he was convicted of. but I will give you the he tried to kill SH. That was rude. But there was no justification for SH to kill JB either. That is why SB rejected him. He made a lot of bad judgement calls due to his prejudices. And JB brother was always trying to kill him too. That family was FUBAR for sure. In the end I am glad that SH and JB apologized to each other for the wrongs they did to each other. I wish it had come earlier. The storytelling wasn’t the best. I didn’t hate either pairing. I didn’t see the HB/HA as eternal love. Just that they had a fate, just like JC/JB had a fate with them. I guess we are supposed to infer with the ending that the fate wasn’t settled yet? IDK I couldn’t make sense of it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello fellow lurker here! I’ve really enjoyed reading all your comments, and I don’t think I could express my feelings any better than what has already been said. I tried to keep my expectations low and they got my hopes up. So I tried to stay positive til the end (despite all the warning signs) but that led to disappointment. I think Born Again is truly the drama of 2020 because it started out like nothing we’ve ever seen, then crashed and burned like nothing we’ve ever seen.  :joy:


I stopped watching right after HB/HE date that’s all I needed to see. I just wanna know why JC and HB’s promises were significant enough to carry out in their present lives but not HE?? Her vow ended up being up for debate like it was a multiple choice question. I know the real reason is so the writer can carry out the love triangle. But it truly pains me that HB and HE suffered like that in both lives. It’s unacceptable. I’m in the deepest state of denial because it blows my mind that someone could write this and think yeah this is worthy of broadcasting and called it good. 


I don’t have the heart to finish the last episodes, but does anyone know if they addressed why JC died ten years after HE and HB? I must've missed that or did that detail fall into the endless abyss of plot holes? 
Sorry for the long rant. This drama properly messed me up.
 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still confused about the heart thing.  Can you guys help me out??

 

SB said SH make her heart flutter and beat fast  (skip beat)

SB said HB make he heart hurt

 

if you are in love with a person.  Which one of this feeling of the heart would you choose?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 4JennieN said:

still confused about the heart thing.  Can you guys help me out??

 

SB said SH make her heart flutter and beat fast  (skip beat)

SB said HB make he heart hurt

 

if you are in love with a person.  Which one of this feeling of the heart would you choose?

To answer your question, if I were her, ofc I'd choose the person who makes my heart flutters, you don't get to meet a person who can make your heart flutters often.

Why would I choose a person who make my heart hurt, I'm not a masochist who like to torture myself :D no wonder SB heart fail for her because apparently she likes hurting her heart alot, lol.

 

Pity =/= love , SB is stupid if she think pity = love, a relationship won't lasted long out of pity.

Would she took every pitiful stray kid let alone pitiful psycopath she met on the street then? It's probably true that she had a stockholm/messiah syndrome.

 

I want my life partner to be equal, I want to guide & be guide, I want my partner to be someone who I can depend/relied as well. Which I don't see that in SB-JB relationship. The way I see it SB keep baby sitted JB, it's only a matter of time for her to reached her limit, stressfull & exhausted.

 

Imagine if you're married, have kids & you also had to monitor & baby sitted him all day. Remember that JB has a psycopath traits, he need to be monitor & treated. 

That's why to me no matter how pitiful a person with a psycopath traits is, he's not ready/shdn't be in /shdn't formed a relationship before he cured himself, it won't be fair for his partner & their relationship will never be a healthy relationship one.

 

 

So I find it's pretty laughable for the writer to make the FL declare her eternal love on the first two episode.

Only then make the FL doesn't even understand what true love even means.

Now, I don't even think the writer knew what true love means herself :)))

  • Like 3
  • LOL 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 4JennieN said:

still confused about the heart thing.  Can you guys help me out??

 

SB said SH make her heart flutter and beat fast  (skip beat)

SB said HB make he heart hurt

 

if you are in love with a person.  Which one of this feeling of the heart would you choose?

 

This made me wonder. Is this something to do with the translation or perhaps the culture? I'd love to hear how the Korean audience understood it and how indeed they would answer this question. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 4JennieN said:

still confused about the heart thing.  Can you guys help me out??

 

SB said SH make her heart flutter and beat fast  (skip beat)

SB said HB make he heart hurt

 

if you are in love with a person.  Which one of this feeling of the heart would you choose?

Oh dear @4JennieN love suppose to make you feel alive. when we fall in love to someone, It feels beautiful. That's why when people fall in love we smile whenever we remember things about that person who make our heart flutters. Some can even become a sudden poet when they fall in love. Of course there are times when we feel our heart hurts when we fall in love to someone, but that's after our heart flutters. It's like your heart is in the air, and then it falls. that's when we hurt.

 

I really got no idea what's on the writer-nim mind, really, that's why I think the writer-nim is a "he" who thinks that woman's heart is complicated :unamused: He just did not know what we women feel when we fall in love. He weaken the female character, which a female writer, I think, won't do. And he tried too hard to twist the plot that made it odd.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, skinnyjeans said:

I really got no idea what's on the writer-nim mind, really, that's why I think the writer-nim is a "he" who thinks that woman's heart is complicated :unamused: He just did not know what we women feel when we fall in love. He weaken the female character, which a female writer, I think, won't do. And he tried too hard to twist the plot that made it odd.

Surprise....I've made the same mistake and thought - it was a man...of course not.  Jung Soo-mi - she is a woman and introduced herself during the script reading. Someone mentioned before about two "helpers"...who is it? I don't know...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000247312

 

Not sure if anyone is still interested but i found the article about the change & addition in writers which i mentioned before!!!

 

To summarize(after translating) basically the main writer started off as Jung Soo Mi for this drama. However, there seem to be some internal feud (probably over the viewership) that led to additional assitant writers being added and ultimately change in main writer (to Kim Kyung Min).
 
so based on the report, an assistant writer was initially added for Episode 10 (which was where i personally felt the writing’s change in direction). But seems like the ratings dropped further and they there after added another few assistants and ultimately a switch in the main writers at the end.......

 

LOL THIS WAS DIRECTLY TRANSLATED FROM THE ARTICLE(feel free to edit if this translation is not accurate!!)


“Seven people are participating in the script alone. In the end, the content went to the mountains. The story of stalking and attempted murder, which used love as a shield, was hard to gain sympathy from viewers.” (lmao i guess the Korean viewers are normal and sane as well)


"Born Again" received attention initially for its fresh subject of dealing with past life and reincarnation, together with the actors' dual roles. However, the broadcast ended up lonesome as a result to the internal feud over changing of the main writer.” 

——— 

Sigh if thats the case, i guess maybe JSM wanted HE x HB/ SB x SH to be the end game, but not KBS ? Idk man :( what a pity 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

“Seven people are participating in the script alone. In the end, the content went to the mountains. The story of stalking and attempted murder, which used love as a shield, was hard to gain sympathy from viewers.” (lmao i guess the Korean viewers are normal and sane as well)

 

Thank god they have the same view lol.

At the beginning I was defending the show that they weren't actually romanticizing JB since we had scenes like SH telling SB that she can turn her tracker off if she wants in comparison to JB installing a tracker on her phone without her knowing so I thought they wanted to show a parallel on which way is right. We also had Haeun tell Jichul that killing is wrong no matter what and that the person he killed for wouldn't feel happy about that but then they make Sabin APOLOGIZE to him because he did it for her like HUH??? That's why I'm saying that Haeun was gone lmao, you can't tell me that she would ever apologize to him nor fall for him. She was right to curse him.

 

The audacity that they used Haeuns memories returning for her to confirm her feelings for JB was ridiculous because it should have had the exact opposite effect.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000247312

 

Not sure if anyone is still interested but i found the article about the change & addition in writers which i mentioned before!!!

 

To summarize(after translating) basically the main writer started off as Jung Soo Mi for this drama. However, there seem to be some internal feud (probably over the viewership) that led to additional assitant writers being added and ultimately change in main writer (to Kim Kyung Min).
 
so based on the report, an assistant writer was initially added for Episode 10 (which was where i personally felt the writing’s change in direction). But seems like the ratings dropped further and they there after added another few assistants and ultimately a switch in the main writers at the end.......

 

LOL THIS WAS DIRECTLY TRANSLATED FROM THE ARTICLE(feel free to edit if this translation is not accurate!!)


“Seven people are participating in the script alone. In the end, the content went to the mountains. The story of stalking and attempted murder, which used love as a shield, was hard to gain sympathy from viewers.” (lmao i guess the Korean viewers are normal and sane as well)


"Born Again" received attention initially for its fresh subject of dealing with past life and reincarnation, together with the actors' dual roles. However, the broadcast ended up lonesome as a result to the internal feud over changing of the main writer.” 

——— 

Sigh if thats the case, i guess maybe JSM wanted HE x HB/ SB x SH to be the end game, but not KBS ? Idk man :( what a pity 

 

Thank you, episode 10 is indeed when it felt like the direction changed.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

“Seven people are participating in the script alone. In the end, the content went to the mountains. The story of stalking and attempted murder, which used love as a shield, was hard to gain sympathy from viewers.” (lmao i guess the Korean viewers are normal and sane as well)

LOL so SEVEN people fight in one script??? no wonder the messed is hardcore. yepp, korean netizen are sane like us lol. i actually read some of korean netizen comment and they r basically same like us. confuse, angry and cursing the writer 

 

19 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Sigh if thats the case, i guess maybe JSM wanted HE x HB/ SB x SH to be the end game, but not KBS ? Idk man :( what a pity 

my personal thinking of this : they changed the story line here and there but the ratings wont go up. KBS now they cant save it no matter what they do. so, why not make it a "makjang" drama??? with how ridiculous the story went by, people will angry and keep talking about it. even if the ratings wont increase, at least people will get "noisy" with this Born Again drama. then at least the drama will be remembered by some people as an absurd and unbelievable drama, rather than become forgettable drama.

 

 

and guess what?? i finally watched the last episode! hahahahah im proud of myself! 

of course i fast forward most of it, only see SH scene there. and surprisingly, i love his newly found bromance with STH. i wont comment any further bcs i did a lot it already and my opinion doesnt change.

 

  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, whiteclover said:


so based on the report, an assistant writer was initially added for Episode 10 (which was where i personally felt the writing’s change in direction). But seems like the ratings dropped further and they there after added another few assistants and ultimately a switch in the main writers at the end.......

 

LOL THIS WAS DIRECTLY TRANSLATED FROM THE ARTICLE(feel free to edit if this translation is not accurate!!)


“Seven people are participating in the script alone. In the end, the content went to the mountains. The story of stalking and attempted murder, which used love as a shield, was hard to gain sympathy from viewers.” (lmao i guess the Korean viewers are normal and sane as well)

 

Sigh if thats the case, i guess maybe JSM wanted HE x HB/ SB x SH to be the end game, but not KBS ? Idk man :( what a pity 

So it was not original writer's fault. Omg I cursed her from episode 10 till last episode:sweatingbullets:.

Episode 11 onwards was when we started to feel something was off. I think original writer wanted HBxHE, SHxSB as an endgame. We're not cheated by the writer but KBS itself.

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This explain a lot. I will stop to blame this poor writer. 
 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, innrukia said:

So it was not original writer's fault. Omg I cursed her from episode 10 till last episode:sweatingbullets:.

Episode 11 onwards was when we started to feel something was off. I think original writer wanted HBxHE, SHxSB as an endgame. We're not cheated by the writer but KBS itself.

Thissss!!! Me too! And now I know the reason why every writer that I've been put on my blacklist are from KBS!!!

They did it before with Beautiful Life Wonderful Life, because the other actor gain more attention so they change the end game to him.

(The FL had her heart flutter to one guy but ended up with another guy too).

 

Now they're trying to do the same to Born Again with no luck & only ending it as a flop drama & taking the crown as the most ridiculous drama ever.

I knew it, I shd never hv trust KBS!! They will do anything just to get more ratings! Gosh I hate how they ruined my fav drama like thisssss

 

 Thank you for brought this up @whiteclover now we know the real culprit who did us dirty!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Thissss!!! Me too! And now I know the reason why every writer that I've been put on my blacklist are from KBS!!!

They did it before with Beautiful Life Wonderful Life, because the other actor gain more attention so they change the end game to him.

(The FL had her heart flutter to one guy but ended up with another guy too).

 

Now they're trying to do the same to Born Again with no luck & only ending it as a flop drama & taking the crown as the most ridiculous drama ever.

I knew it, I shd never hv trust KBS!! They will do anything just to get more ratings! Gosh I hate how they ruined my fav drama like thisssss

 

 Thank you for brought this up @whiteclover now we know the real culprit who did us dirty!

At least we got our closure. Lets embrace 10 episodes of BA as it is the original story. 

Thank you to @whiteclover for sharing this news & now I feel more relieve.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whiteclover said:

“Seven people are participating in the script alone. In the end, the content went to the mountains. The story of stalking and attempted murder, which used love as a shield, was hard to gain sympathy from viewers.” (lmao i guess the Korean viewers are normal and sane as well)


"Born Again" received attention initially for its fresh subject of dealing with past life and reincarnation, together with the actors' dual roles. However, the broadcast ended up lonesome as a result to the internal feud over changing of the main writer.” 

 

OOps! So I cursed wrong writer:grimace:

I read in this forum first page that the writer is Jung Hae Ryung. 

I'm sorry for cursing you writer-nim!!! :confounded:

 

34 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Thissss!!! Me too! And now I know the reason why every writer that I've been put on my blacklist are from KBS!!!

They did it before with Beautiful Life Wonderful Life, because the other actor gain more attention so they change the end game to him.

(The FL had her heart flutter to one guy but ended up with another guy too).

 

Now they're trying to do the same to Born Again with no luck & only ending it as a flop drama & taking the crown as the most ridiculous drama ever.

I knew it, I shd never hv trust KBS!! They will do anything just to get more ratings! Gosh I hate how they ruined my fav drama like thisssss

 

 Thank you for brought this up @whiteclover now we know the real culprit who did us dirty!

 

I couldn't agree more. I should never watch on going drama from KBS again.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Thissss!!! Me too! And now I know the reason why every writer that I've been put on my blacklist are from KBS!!!

They did it before with Beautiful Life Wonderful Life, because the other actor gain more attention so they change the end game to him.

(The FL had her heart flutter to one guy but ended up with another guy too).

 

Hahah, I couldn't finish either 2 of these dramas because of the horrible changes.  And in both of them they made the female character accept a man who showed her no respect and only thought of himself (until well after the change.). But I guess there is still a lot of sexism in Korea :(.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, innrukia said:

At least we got our closure. Lets embrace 10 episodes of BA as it is the original story. 

Nooo, now I'm curious how the original script the original writer shd have make, aaaa I hate KBS robbing my fav drama not only once, but twice grrr...

 

 

15 minutes ago, D27Gjk68 said:

Hahah, I couldn't finish either 2 of these dramas because of the horrible changes.  And in both of them they made the female character accept a man who showed her no respect and only thought of himself (until well after the change.). But I guess there is still a lot of sexism in Korea :(.

 

Yes, I was so hurted seeing how they dumped the nice ML who change the FL behaviour for good & putting back all the things she has thrown only for her getting back to the spoiled & childish exhubby. The writer has been on my blacklisted but now I'm questioning myself if all this long I was barking at the wrong door.

 

KBS seems to hv no shame & will change the end game to anyone who seems to did more favour to them no matter how ridiculous the plot could become. :expressionless:  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whiteclover said:

“Seven people are participating in the script alone

 

Well, we should think...our screenwriter BORN AGAIN in seven incarnations.:no_mouth:

and BTS actions, jobs look much more "interesting".:tounge_wink:

 

By the way - why BA reminds me "Signal"  < - television series with Detective Cha Soo-Hyun ?

 

Right, if you are young, you must follow the best, and experienced professionals...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The end of BA is enigmatic - good one, because you can imagine what you want and all audience is happy, don't you think? :smiley:

 

  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...