Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

you all should watch the video, it was hilarious....I cannot breathe due to my laughter:tounge_xd:

Here  is the video

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/J61x8CYh2?fid=1034:4514357556477965

73837fc7ly1gfncxqzzmhj20b10io497.jpg73837fc7ly1gfncxrmcp2j20tz1gpqna.jpg73837fc7ly1gfncxs0dv3j20tz1gxh5a.jpg73837fc7ly1gfncxsc8qwj20tz1gnndl.jpg73837fc7ly1gfncxsrhykj20tz1gzh4r.jpg73837fc7ly1gfncxti2bqj20ty1gvatq.jpg73837fc7ly1gfncxvidn7j20tz1h4h64.jpg73837fc7ly1gfncxvwuyhj20tz1haauj.jpg

cr  https://www.weibo.com/1937997767/J60QfeCfT?filter=hot&root_comment_id=4514333382898871&type=comment#_rnd1591795762991 

@innrukia  I am not Korean~~~

Someone translate some sentences, JSY asking why the filter does not work on her and JKY, but only recognized LSH?:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

@raziela Thank you very much for the links :D

I am very late to the party again.

Glad to see that more and more JB supporters have emerged now that the story has ended with JB and SB as the end game. Not just here, but everywhere. I am curious as to why many people kept silent until now. 

I am still in shock. Yes I saw the connection between JB and SB, yes I shipped them, but never in a million years have I thought she'd pick him. 

Like a few others I am not satisfied that there wasn't a proper explanation for why there was a connection between them. I mean it existed since the 80s, I saw it, but it was never explained as to what the hell it was? If it was love, then who the heck was HB? 

Yes definitely sloppy writing. Could the writer have been pushed into a certain direction? I've seen it mentioned that some other writers joined at some point, does anybody have links to prove or disprove it?

I have enjoyed following JB/JC character's story from the beginning to the end. I thought it was a reasonable progression, I actually didn't want him to end up as a serial killer. I wouldn't have minded it to start with, but as the story progressed my feelings changed. 

The acting was lovely, everybody worked hard. I am about to start watching all of JKY's dramas one by one, really impressed. Pretty curious about LSH too, although I was better acquainted with his acting than JKY's prior to watching BA, I've never felt interested enough to check out more of his dramas until now. 

About the ending. I think JB is definitely alive. SB notices him, they smile at each other, but it's not until she hears him utter her name that she becomes excited.  I take it he lost his memory and has just remembered, so she is happy. When SH is standing outside he clearly looks at JB before he looks at SB, you can see his eyes shift. So unless they both are hallucinating it pretty much tells me that they actually see JB before them. The uncles not saying 'bye bye' to JB could be due to him not being himself and we don't know what they did prior to the start of the scene. Thus said I do think they wanted to have a somewhat of a confusing/ open ending, hence the hospital edit. In my opinion they failed, else the director has given the actors wrong directions in the book store scene before it. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hi all, I'm a silent lurker, and I'm out just because I feel the need to curse the writer-nim!!

Please, writer-nim, dont ever bring that SB character again in your drama. 

I tried to keep watching this drama just for the sake of LSH even though SB character is damn annoying. 

Don't bring that classic weak characters who can't differentiate love and pity to live again.

There are people who date someone cos they feel sorry of that person, but at least they know it's pity not love.

All the characters in that drama, SB friends and uncles could not even tell her that the feeling she felt about JB is pity??

I know drama is only fiction, but puuuhhllleeeasssseeeee :expressionless:

This drama is frustrating and wasting time.

I will remember his name Jung Hae Ryung and I will never watch his drama again, ever!!

Thanks @fluffyloaf for representing our thoughts about this drama. You nail it!

I hope LSH will wisely choose a good writer next time. Geez!:unamused:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@nitttssI hardly breath when Sabin returned the ring to SH last night. Too much to handle. However seeing the “filter” recognized the chemistry JSY x LSH makes me laugh like an idiot:lol:. Real life is so much fun indeed. I’m waiting for the behind the scene vids to recover the heartache.

@Yi Gui Do you mind to share what JSY said when she realized the filter capture LSH as well?

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

46 minutes ago, Yi Gui said:

you all should watch the video, it was hilarious....I cannot breathe due to my laughter:tounge_xd:

Lmaoooo, thank you for sharing these, it's so funny hahahah I can't stop laughing.

The filter only recognize LSH face & it's almost everytime, so cute hahahaha & the way JSY cracking up till the poster fell through.

Feels like seeing they're wearing couple things, couple headband, couple flower crown, couple sunglasses & both eating pop corn, LOL!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

2 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Feels like seeing they're wearing couple things, couple headband, couple flower crown, couple sunglasses & both eating pop corn, LOL!

The movie date we deserved to see lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Plummpychan said:

Lmaoooo, thank you for sharing these, it's so funny hahahah I can't stop laughing.

The filter only recognize LSH face & it's almost everytime, so cute hahahaha & the way JSY cracking up till the poster fell through.

Feels like seeing they're wearing couple things, couple headband, couple flower crown, LOL!

Exactly !The LSH on poster was really upset , I think:lol:~~~

Yes, The filter sort of knew what we want to see~:wub:

Can you image LSH's reactions when seeing it ?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• LOL 6

4 hours ago, Haeun said:

I really need justice for this couple :triumph:

@Haeun i know right !! Especially the ending scene, that bookshop . I lost it i had to curse out loud while livestreaming it last night sigh. Seriously, idk what HB/SH did to sign up for such fate. 

1 hour ago, fluffyloaf said:

Aside from how SB went for JB in the end, I think SH ended better than expected. I mean, I like the fact that he chose to leave his job because he realised that it was too corrupted anyways. And aside from the badly scripted STH and weak build up to STH and SH's relationship, I think SH was very gracious to try to make it up to STH and clear his brother's honour. I am glad he is using his competence for good now (lol, I make it sound as if I know him personally, what is this show doing to me). He even rushed to save JB from injecting himself :'( In fact, I think he is the only one coming out of all these well hahahaha. His scene with JB at his house was also good. Too little moments of the two of them together.

@fluffyloaf as always, your analysis really hit the nail, atleast for me, because i resonated with your post! Yes, actually was okay (more like i gave up) with SH not being with SB because he redeemed himself and right his wrong doings + was kinda cute (tho random) he reconciled and are now bros with STH lol. But i seriously lost it when they converted the bookshop into now a memory place for SB x JB? I total swear the hell out of my screen last night LOL. And pann to SH onlooking like how JC looks at the eternal couple in their previous life? Like wtf? huh? why? 

Although not the tragic ending I was looking for, it is still tragic to ponder about. But nonetheless, whatever I said here is no excuse for how sloppily everything was put together. And I do absolutely agree how the writers flipped the switch from SH to JB is pretty abrupt and how her treating him as family one moment and then lover the next?!?! Sigh. Even CST/HM/GIW/SA were all put to an end so awfully. I pity them and their roles. The STH, JB and SH triangle is also another really badly put together aspect. HM killing CST was like a joke. And when she said JB was a random semen it was like the writer last minute trying to find a way to close up the plot hole after they changed the storyline. Does not make sense at all why she had brought up the fact she sabotaged the semen only to come back and say that it was random and CST getting JC reborn as his son was random. What the BS. Oh yeah and SH confessing to killing HE parents were also soooo dumb. Like why they both be overreacting to an accident? SH feeling the need to confess is okay. But SB be like, you sure you caused it? HELLO of course not he caused it!!! He was just doing his job for goodness sake!!! 

yeah as i said in i dk how many posts (i think i am posting way too much here), they included too many characters that were under utilized/ didn't had much of a value to the show. Their endings was so sloppy? Like GIW, wtf the murderer that has be on the loose for 30+ years got caught so easily? And CST dying in just less than a minute for the last episode LOL. 

And right !!! I get SH feels guilty for indirectly causing the death of HE's parents, BUT it wasn't even intentional for god's sake, he was trying to pursue the criminal? What's with SB's double standards and values then? She was okay with JB instigating murder/ stalking and even past JC killing the salon lady + and her once beloved HB though? Huh i dk man, i won't even compare HB's sin to JC tho (sorry just my personal opinion only please dont bash me). If only they had developed the story better or made use of better subplots, perhaps it won't be seen this way...

- Never obsess over a K-Drama or you might have wasted way more than 16 hours of your life and emotions and quicken the process of going crazy hahahahahaha

after watching this drama, i wish i am Born Again so i can avoid shorting 16h (actually more than that) of my life :joy:

3 hours ago, nitttss said:

hahahaha he foreshadow it already! oh, did he said "its crazy" at the mid press conf?? is it the script he's talking about or??

@nitttss it was like during this mini short press conference halfway the broadcast (in their futile attempt to raise viewership) and they were commenting on this scene that SH mumbled "its crazy" at home after SB kissed him outside the bookshop. Had a hunch SH alr know what he signed up for then hahaha. Even JKY says the more he films JB the more baffled he gets lol. Can't seem to find the video though 

1 hour ago, Arcticmama said:

Anyway, as the episode 16 title implies, Sacrifice, I guess all three leads ended up sacrificing something they value in the end: life, love & profession. I didn't know that we as viewers would also end up sacrificing something as well, our time pondering over the story and our piece of mind trying to figure what the writer is trying to send across. But for whatever it's worth, it was fun up until frustration sets in! :lol:

@Arcticmama HAHAHAHHA THIS !!! yeah man, but okay the only worthy part of this sacrifice was meeting you lovely people on the thread :) 

51 minutes ago, MVM said:

I am still in shock. Yes I saw the connection between JB and SB, yes I shipped them, but never in a million years have I thought she'd pick him. 

Like a few others I am not satisfied that there wasn't a proper explanation for why there was a connection between them. I mean it existed since the 80s, I saw it, but it was never explained as to what the hell it was? If it was love, then who the heck was HB? 

Yes definitely sloppy writing. Could the writer have been pushed into a certain direction? I've seen it mentioned that some other writers joined at some point, does anybody have links to prove or disprove it?

@MVM yes...if only they had further developed this connection they planted earlier, perhaps it wont make the FL looks so fickLe-minded/ two timer. And yeah, its kinda ridiculous suddenly she realizes she love JB after 15 eps. And they more or less tainted HE x HB line too with that parents' murder subplot... 

and i think i was the one that mentioned the additional writer. I can't prove or disprove it, but i noticed an extra credits for another writer in the opening credits for the later few episodes, but not for the front episodes. I rewatched the script reading video and the only writer introduced was JSM too. Now at the KBS webpage, they have updated the extra writer next to JSM's name. But i can't exactly prove or disprove just a hearsay and observation i came across on some portals. I hope it doesn't bother you too much if it happens to be a not so credible piece of news :( 

1 hour ago, Yi Gui said:

Here  is the video

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/J61x8CYh2?fid=1034:4514357556477965

@Yi Gui yes i've watched it ! It was so funny because SY was like commenting that hers + JKY's face were like facing the front but the filter only managed to detect SH's. LOL. Well even the filter feels indignant for HB girl

12 minutes ago, Haeun said:

The movie date we deserved to see lol.

@Haeun i know right !! It's so cute tho and JSY even posted the clip on her instastory!! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

16 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

@MVM yes...if only they had further developed this connection they planted earlier, perhaps it wont make the FL looks so fickLe-minded/ two timer. And yeah, its kinda ridiculous suddenly she realizes she love JB after 15 eps. And they more or less tainted HE x HB line too with that parents' murder subplot... 

and i think i was the one that mentioned the additional writer. I can't prove or disprove it, but i noticed an extra credits for another writer in the opening credits for the later few episodes, but not for the front episodes. I rewatched the script reading video and the only writer introduced was JSM too. Now at the KBS webpage, they have updated the extra writer next to JSM's name. But i can't exactly prove or disprove just a hearsay and observation i came across on some portals. I hope it doesn't bother you too much if it happens to be a not so credible piece of news :( 

Thank you for the info. Please don't worry I was more curious than anything else. I wanted to check, because it would make more sense in my head than believing that this was the work of one person :lol: 

Unlike many though I still don't hate it. I found it entertaining and weirdly it inspired me to start some stuff which I have thought of doing for ages. So despite my confusion, my dislike for various things and knowledge that this isn't the best drama out there to say the least, I am grateful that it exists. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, innrukia said:

@nitttssI hardly breath when Sabin returned the ring to SH last night. Too much to handle. However seeing the “filter” recognized the chemistry JSY x LSH makes me laugh like an idiot:lol:. Real life is so much fun indeed. I’m waiting for the behind the scene vids to recover the heartache.

@Yi Gui Do you mind to share what JSY said when she realized the filter capture LSH as well?

hahahaha yes the filter game is so fun. as i understand JSY said, why the filter only works on LSH not with her face and JKY. 

oh did u know that JSY is following LSH real account on instagram?? his real acc only got like 40ish follower. i guess they must b close irl.

30 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

it was like during this mini short press conference halfway the broadcast (in their futile attempt to raise viewership) and they were commenting on this scene that SH mumbled "its crazy" at home after SB kissed him outside the bookshop. Had a hunch SH alr know what he signed up for then hahaha. Even JKY says the more he films JB the more baffled he gets lol. Can't seem to find the video though 

ahhh its the scene where he said 'it's crazy'. i thought he really said that the script is crazy LOL. i think i watched that interview already haha. 

i wonder if the actors know that netizen were criticizing their drama? or how do they feel with the drama itself? im sure they r baffled as well with the script right? especially JSY, since she got the most hate here portraying SB.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, an-naum said:

Have watched Come and  Hug Me (rewatched also) and Kill It when its airing. But, not a fan of WWW. 

@an-naum Hahaha omg I feel the same about WWW hahahaha. BA is my first JKY drama and it led me to watch Kill It, CAHM and WWW. I think Kill It and CAHM was good but WWW was a bit underwhelming for me as I found it a bit similar to BA. Started off strong, weakened in the middle and ended super mehhh. They also started a question on the institution of marriage but the ending did not really give any conclusive learning (not even talking about whether they get married or not). Especially hated how JKY's character suddenly had a tragic backstory which made it seem like Bae Tami was just a noona that pitied loved him and came back to him out of that sympathy. Ughhh back to back two rather disappointing dramas for me from JKY and it wasn't even his acting that was bad D':

1 hour ago, MVM said:

@raziela Thank you very much for the links :D

Glad to see that more and more JB supporters have emerged now that the story has ended with JB and SB as the end game. Not just here, but everywhere. I am curious as to why many people kept silent until now. 

I think for JB supporters, we just want a balanced voice to represent the show. And I think with all the heat for JC/JB character, it is hard for JB supporters to emerge and admit they are a JB supporter and even more to defend the character. Also I think those supporting JB due to JKY has been somewhat disappointed throughout the course of the show as well. I personally think JKY looked disappointed af when he was appearing at Baeksang on Saturday. He looked like he gave up on life walking in and posing at the backdrop hahahaha.

1 hour ago, MVM said:

Yes I am also surprised. I know I pointed out some scenes from the 80s but I was not too sure if they intended to build on that. Honestly I was wondering if it was just to create more inherent drama about JC being so close yet so far from HE. I did have some suspicions but I really was not convinced myself.

But I guess the end episode is supposed to show that SB wants to dissociate herself from HE. She don't believe her feelings as HE represented her feelings now.

But yes the connection is built so poorly (especially between JB and SB) and I suspect the writer is more thought driven than emotionally driven. The linkage we spot for the love between them are all very dry hence it was difficult to catch. The building up towards the change in SB's emotions were also so poorly written and too rushed for the viewers to follow along the change in emotions to actually be convinced about the ship. All we could catch was JB's feelings for SB which were portrayed to be semi-creepy.

1 hour ago, MVM said:

I have enjoyed following JB/JC character's story from the beginning to the end. I thought it was a reasonable progression, I actually didn't want him to end up as a serial killer. I wouldn't have minded it to start with, but as the story progressed my feelings changed. 

Yes me too, especially in the first half of the drama I enjoyed his roles. However when I rewatched the first two episodes, there were too many cues hinting that GIW was not the killer so it seemed only right that it was JC (but based on the portrayal, it cannot be his sane and rational self). There is a possibility that they might have intended it to be HM as well but if it was originally HM, then I don't see why they needed to change the script to make it stick back to GIW in the end. I am saying all these based on HB's repeated statement that there is more than one person involved "one killed, one buried" and "one killed, one painted". This is by far the biggest loose end they had left the drama with.

1 hour ago, MVM said:

About the ending. I think JB is definitely alive. SB notices him, they smile at each other, but it's not until she hears him utter her name that she becomes excited.  I take it he lost his memory and has just remembered, so she is happy. When SH is standing outside he clearly looks at JB before he looks at SB, you can see his eyes shift. So unless they both are hallucinating it pretty much tells me that they actually see JB before them. The uncles not saying 'bye bye' to JB could be due to him not being himself and we don't know what they did prior to the start of the scene. Thus said I do think they wanted to have a somewhat of a confusing/ open ending, hence the hospital edit. In my opinion they failed, else the director has given the actors wrong directions in the book store scene before it. 

I actually have a question. Is there two endings released to different countries? I know it happened for some of the dramas before where Koreans get a different end cut versus China audience. Because I did not see the uncles reappearing at the bookstore after JB's appearance. And some people mentioned SB screamed at the hospital. I also did not see that in my version. Very confused.

• Like 3

@nitttss Thank you for acknowledging my presence in this thread.  Up until now, I still cannot get over the ending of the drama which is the worst for me.:tears:  I really hope I can find another drama to watch to appease my heartache I suffered in this drama. I even cannot watched the last 2 episodes, I just cannot accept what they did to HB&HE and SH&SB lovestory. The writer totally destroyed it.

@Haeun You are right, they did not even showed why SB was in love with JB?? I don't get it, I just don't get it. I thought she just pitied him. In fact, SB even told JB she likes SH and that will never change, but what happened in the end is crazy as if SB was possessed. :joy::joy::joy:

@Plummpychan I agree with you that the ending showed that JB died in the hospital and that SB was only imagining that JB was there. At least in the end, SB suffered too ..... in the last part where she is crying realizing JB will never wake up.  The writer really screwed the character of SB in thus drama and she became the most hated person by many.

I came to watch this drama for the SaFo couple and the amazing chemistry of LSH and JSY.:)  But when their lovestory went down the drain, it was SH/HB/LSH who made me stay and watch till the end.:)  I really hope that LSY gets to be a male lead in his future drama, preferably a RomCom and maybe he gets to star again with JSY in a drama.:):heart:  LSH fighting!:)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Haeun said:

After Jichul killing Hyungbin infront of Haeuns eyes it wouldn't have been statisfying to me anyways but I might have been able to stomach it if he didn't stalk her in this life too and didn't try to get Soohyuk killed.

Except JB wasn’t Jichul. Not really. And the killing wasn’t premeditated, and was almost self defense bcuz HB was going to shoot him. Also, JC didn’t really kill HB, it was those other peeps who carried him off alive, and tied him up, bashed his brains in and threw him in the water. Y’know, if u wanna get technical.. And then SH shot JB in the head, so it was kinda even steven. I get it though. It’s a bummer if you have a ship that doesn’t sail. I didn’t really care as long as it came together coherently. But it didn’t

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, JelliKelli said:

Except JB wasn’t Jichul. Not really. And the killing wasn’t premeditated, and was almost self defense bcuz HB was going to shoot him. Also, JC didn’t really kill HB, it was those other peeps who carried him off alive, and tied him up, bashed his brains in and threw him in the water. Y’know, if u wanna get technical.. And then SH shot JB in the head, so it was kinda even steven. I get it though. It’s a bummer if you have a ship that doesn’t sail. I didn’t really care as long as it came together coherently. But it didn’t

Actually I had been wondering about that too. Because some comments were saying why HB's face 3D took much longer than JC's, when I was rewatching I had realised they bashed HB's skull and it was badly damaged. However I don't think it was clearly mentioned whether the bash was to kill him or to damage his skull and prevent him from being recognised as the detective? Please correct me if I am wrong. Hahaha because I don't remember if they had clearly mentioned HB's cause of death during the examination of his corpse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JelliKelli said:

Except JB wasn’t Jichul. Not really.

Yeah but he is his reincarnation so it doesn't sit well with me but like I said since this is his next life I could have at least accepted it if his character wasn't the way he was.

Also, JC didn’t really kill HB, it was those other peeps who carried him off alive, and tied him up, bashed his brains in and threw him in the water. Y’know, if u wanna get technical..

I'm pretty sure he was already dead at that time, didn't Sabin say it was the stab wound that killed him. And if you indeed want to get technical then he would still be the fault for his death because he stabbed him.

And then SH shot JB in the head, so it was kinda even steven.

Yeah but this was under a different circumstance, JB was a murder suspect and all evidence lead to him, yeah it wasn't right that he aimed for the head but it looked like he was going to hurt Sabin. If JB indeed died then yeah I guess they are even in causing each others death and hindering to be with the woman they love lol.

I get it though. It’s a bummer if you have a ship that doesn’t sail.

It's not just about shipping though, there was a certain point where it just made it impossible for it to make sense that she'll choose JB and that SB and SH weren't going to happen. Why give them such a tragic end in their first lifes just for them not to be able to be together onces again, it's highly unsatisfying storywise. Falling in love with your stalker that tried to have your lover killed isn't romantic.

1 hour ago, pamela572 said:

You are right, they did not even showed why SB was in love with JB?? I don't get it, I just don't get it. I thought she just pitied him. In fact, SB even told JB she likes SH and that will never change, but what happened in the end is crazy as if SB was possessed. :joy::joy::joy:

Lol. Yeah like I don't even get why she was suddenly confused whether her feelings were love, her attitude towards him was pretty much the same as before. Vows of eternal love are treated as a joke in this drama, I just have to laugh at her telling him that and then dropping him at the first mistake he makes which he just did to protect her.

Sabin should have gotten a brain transplant instead, Haeun literally only was there for a few minutes and then opted out one she realized how effed up Sabin is, that wasn't my Haeun they showed in the end.

• Like 5

I think for JB supporters, we just want a balanced voice to represent the show. And I think with all the heat for JC/JB character, it is hard for JB supporters to emerge and admit they are a JB supporter and even more to defend the character. Also I think those supporting JB due to JKY has been somewhat disappointed throughout the course of the show as well. I personally think JKY looked disappointed af when he was appearing at Baeksang on Saturday. He looked like he gave up on life walking in and posing at the backdrop hahahah

To be honest I feel like our society can sometimes be overly obsessed with 'right' and 'wrong'. So when one isn't sure whether their opinion would be socially acceptable they don't feel confident enough to come out and say that they like something. I find this sad that people feel oppressed about something as innocent as enjoying the character just the way he is and explaining why they like him without feeling ashamed. 

As for people being disappointed about the character of JB/ JC, well I suppose it all depends on ones expectations. I would have been disappointed if he turned out to be a serial killer, because I would find him too creepy for my liking afterwards and I didn't want that to happen. Why? Possibly because despite being sure it'd not happen, I've started shipping him with SB. A cheesy reason? Yes, I admit it is, but this is my taste :P

I am not silly and I understand that if done right it would have been much more challenging for JKY (in a good way) and exciting for many if he did end up being a serial killer and perhaps seeing it happen I might have even liked the way it went. However, as it stands I'm happy that it didn't. 

Yes I am also surprised. I know I pointed out some scenes from the 80s but I was not too sure if they intended to build on that. Honestly I was wondering if it was just to create more inherent drama about JC being so close yet so far from HE. I did have some suspicions but I really was not convinced myself.

But I guess the end episode is supposed to show that SB wants to dissociate herself from HE. She don't believe her feelings as HE represented her feelings now.

But yes the connection is built so poorly (especially between JB and SB) and I suspect the writer is more thought driven than emotionally driven. The linkage we spot for the love between them are all very dry hence it was difficult to catch. The building up towards the change in SB's emotions were also so poorly written and too rushed for the viewers to follow along the change in emotions to actually be convinced about the ship. All we could catch was JB's feelings for SB which were portrayed to be semi-creepy.

I guess I didn't fully explain myself. I kind of like overly romantically intense guys in fiction (again a matter of taste), so I wasn't questioning his emotions.  It's the explanation for her emotions that didn't do anything for me. Even though I shipped them I found her choosing him very dissatisfying. I didn't trust her emotions and I felt disappointed that nothing was explained properly. I would have rather she chose SH. I'm just glad that in my view of the ending JB ended up alive.

I got that SB dissociated herself and to me it's one of the lessons the drama did manage to teach( not sure if that was intentional), there is nothing wrong with changing one's mind. It's ok if your feelings change, don't stick with something that isn't right for you today, just because it was something that was right for you yesterday. 

Yes me too, especially in the first half of the drama I enjoyed his roles. However when I rewatched the first two episodes, there were too many cues hinting that GIW was not the killer so it seemed only right that it was JC (but based on the portrayal, it cannot be his sane and rational self). There is a possibility that they might have intended it to be HM as well but if it was originally HM, then I don't see why they needed to change the script to make it stick back to GIW in the end. I am saying all these based on HB's repeated statement that there is more than one person involved "one killed, one buried" and "one killed, one painted". This is by far the biggest loose end they had left the drama with.

I agree they should have done something about it, it was a loose end. I felt that the way they dealt with the whole bunch of the criminals was pretty amateur and unbelievable  

I actually have a question. Is there two endings released to different countries? I know it happened for some of the dramas before where Koreans get a different end cut versus China audience. Because I did not see the uncles reappearing at the bookstore after JB's appearance. And some people mentioned SB screamed at the hospital. I also did not see that in my version. Very confused.

I have noticed people were talking about SB screaming and I have no idea what that was about. I'd love to know though.

As for the uncles, I was talking about them being outside the shop at the beginning of the scene. Were the uncles not there in the version that you've watched?

• Like 1

JC was a convicted murderer who stabbed a sympathetic doctor, escaped prison and then chased down HE when she was at a church to get married to another man (how did he even know where she was?)  HB gave him a warning to stay away from HE which JC ignored.  HB then took an impossibly long time to fire his gun which allowed JC to charge him.  HB had his knife out but hesitated in stabbing JC when HE screamed.  JC, however, had no such hesitation so he took the knife and then repeatedly stabbed HB.  There is absolutely no legal or ethical justification for JC killing HB (I will admit there is the natural one of self preservation.). Beyond that, wasn't he there to give HE his heart?  Why didn't he just die?

Then, JB was ALSO a convicted murderer, who had tried to kill his own brother and had engaged in criminal conspiracy with a gangster to kill SH because SB liked SH and not JB.  The only way this is even remotely even steven if you agree that none of it means anything.  And I'd say the vast majority of people who are disappointed their ship didn't sail only feel that way because the show repeatedly hit us over the head with the message that this was an eternal love.  We are dissatisfied exactly because the ending didn't come together and any false equivalencies between JC/JB actions and HB/SHs are a big part of that.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, D27Gjk68 said:

JC was a convicted murderer who stabbed a sympathetic doctor

Are you talking about the doctor who was told to be intentionally cruel to JC in the second episode?  Edit - My bad, sorry ...After re-watching the scene the doctor wasn't really cruel in the end. 

I cannot remember, did JC actually stab him or just knocked him out so he could escape? Edit JC didn't stab him, he just knocked him out to escape 

Edited by MVM
to correct the info
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

SB didnt scream tho, she just sobs hard at the epilogue. i dunno if ppl mentioned she screamed? but im pretty sure there's only one version of ending.

2 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Actually I had been wondering about that too. Because some comments were saying why HB's face 3D took much longer than JC's, when I was rewatching I had realised they bashed HB's skull and it was badly damaged. However I don't think it was clearly mentioned whether the bash was to kill him or to damage his skull and prevent him from being recognised as the detective? Please correct me if I am wrong. Hahaha because I don't remember if they had clearly mentioned HB's cause of death during the examination of his corpse.

yes he damage his face so that the corpse wont be recognized later. but the cause for his death is JB's stab. it was mentioned clearly by SB when she did the autopsy. JB stab him several times, and she said the stab at his stomach ( or lungs or some part of body i dont remember ) is the fatal strike that cause his death. 

2 hours ago, Haeun said:

Lol. Yeah like I don't even get why she was suddenly confused whether her feelings were love, her attitude towards him was pretty much the same as before. Vows of eternal love are treated as a joke in this drama, I just have to laugh at her telling him that and then dropping him at the first mistake he makes which he just did to protect her.

this! even at ep 14 she clearly said that her hearts always remembers him. and at ep 16, before SH confessed about the accident to SB, SB said to SH : let's talk about our story now. then she took out the rings, saying : we ...  but SH interrupted her. i dunno what would she say to him at that time, but pretty sure she wont give back the ring. because the words she said before is that she wants to talk about their story. but after SH confessed abt that accident, and she collapse and JB carried her she suddenly remember her HE's memories when GJC carried her and hold her hands. ewwww. how come she cant remember how HE loved HB so much, how she vows to love him in 20-30 years blah blah, but she remember those??? then suddenly she make up her mind. all of that in less than 10 mins. thats why it's hard for many people to swallow it.

44 minutes ago, D27Gjk68 said:

And I'd say the vast majority of people who are disappointed their ship didn't sail only feel that way because the show repeatedly hit us over the head with the message that this was an eternal love.  We are dissatisfied exactly because the ending didn't come together and any false equivalencies between JC/JB actions and HB/SHs are a big part of that.

true. im disappointed about SB abruptly changing feeling towards SH. but they tainted the eternal love message they build in 10 eps. it was unacceptable. and what make me angry about the ending wasnt bcs SB didnt end up with SH. but bcs SB suddenly and absurdly realize that he love JB all this time. and to make it worse, the writer destroyed SH character so muchhhh to make SB can go to JB with no guilt. but sadly many people not buying it, if you watch kbs youtube channel the amount of dislikes and cursing comments there are no joke lol. 

• Like 10

I dont think l will watch the ending episode after reading about the stupid SB. She choosed her stalker???

I have watch all the dramas of this female lead cause l like her but now l am starting to dislike her.

I know l should know what is real or reel but l am so affected that l really want to xyz her.

The scriptwriter too.....xyz to you. May you never have a chance to write for Korean dramas again.

• Like 3