Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

2 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

I guess its really up to our own intepretation. Mean me wishes the latter because the bookstore seriously shouldn't be the lovegrounds for SB x JB!! 

Yes its an open ending. No matter what ppl say, im going to think that JB died and SB only saw her imagination. Then SH looking SB from afar thinking, why did this girl smiling alone?? She must be crazy i need to move on from her! And he meets a pretty and sane woman later on:P

1 hour ago, Plummpychan said:

Btw, finally I took some courage to watch the last ending part

I think it's clear to me that JB didn't make it given how SB is crying at the end, and the scene where SB meet JB at the bookstore is only her imagination. That's why SH give a strange look because he doesn't see what SB is seeing, lol 

I don't get why ppl think it's a happy ending, because the way SB is crying didn't give a slight sign of relieve at all, it's pain.

Woah.. im proud of u! I cant bring myself to watch lol

One question, did SB forgive SH? In the hospital scene i tought i heard her saying its not his fault and she didnt blame him. Is that true? Or i heard it wrong?

And yes, her crying at the end definitely isnt a cry of relief. And at the end she said something like she forget all her painful memories already is it? Must be JB death. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

22 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Haeun-ah, i am so glad you made HB your DP. HAHAHHAAH!! Yesyes, i am all in for a new drama with SY & SH to serve justice for the 2 lives they missed in BA!! 

I really need justice for this couple :triumph:

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

wow thats very courageous of you!! applaudding you. You had no idea how i sat through the livestream yesterday first hand :rage::bawling: but yes i think the opinions on the ending seems very divided. Its either JB survived/ SB sees JB's spirits in the bookstore. I mean SH's eyes were kinda weird too at the end? I guess its really up to our own intepretation. Mean me wishes the latter because the bookstore seriously shouldn't be the lovegrounds for SB x JB!! 

Yess TT, I can't thank you enough for giving us the preview of how horrible the ep was. It must've been painful almost unbearable to not knowing it before hand where the drama is heading & it turns out like that.

I watched them with sub on every SH scenes only and skipping/fastforwarding the rest :sweatingbullets:

Yup I'll take it as the latter too. Not only SH eyes look kinda weird, but the way SB smiling I find rather weird too, lol

It doesn't make anysense as well if SB doesn't know that JB is survive & only find him there (she seem to be pretty shock seeing him at the bookstore as if it's her first time seeing him healthy)

38 minutes ago, nitttss said:

Woah.. im proud of u! I cant bring myself to watch lol

One question, did SB forgive SH? In the hospital scene i tought i heard her saying its not his fault and she didnt blame him. Is that true? Or i heard it wrong?

And yes, her crying at the end definitely isnt a cry of relief. And at the end she said something like she forget all her painful memories already is it? Must be JB death. 

It's not really clear if SB forgive SH, because when SH kneeled before her & asking forgiveness she only said sorry, look away & leaves.

And at the hospital, when she woke up, SH kinda blame himself & said he shd never told her the truth in this life time too & causing her sick, SB only said she's sick rn is not because she hates him, but she think because it hurts to let her parents go one more time (means remember her parents death?) & thank him for being brave to admit it.

Sooo.. I don't think she forgives him? :sweatingbullets:

And yes, the epilogue scene to me SB is trying to wake him up by showing JB some stuffs from their memories but I think she failed & lost him for good (her last crying scene was pretty telling).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In case there are any remnants of people who can bear looking at JKY's face again after Born Again (probably less than 5 of y'all here HAHAHAHAHA), Soompi had just posted hours ago that he might star in a new TVN drama for the second half of 2020. Sounds like he will be a mystical character instead of being first hand involved in the romance aspect (probably for the best for now). I hope TVN does a better job than KBS HAHAHAHA. *two fingers in the air for the folks up at KBS*

I don't know if I can ever watch JKY in a romantic drama anymore after this. I think SB's teary face will flash before my eyes holding a bottle of juice, holding a necklace, holding two books and then I will get an eye pain like SH. Wait, now I know why SH has eye pain... It was from foreseeing the bs ending.

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

6 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

In case there are any remnants of people who can bear looking at JKY's face again after Born Again (probably less than 5 of y'all here HAHAHAHAHA), Soompi had just posted hours ago that he might star in a new TVN drama for the second half of 2020. Sounds like he will be a mystical character instead of being first hand involved in the romance aspect (probably for the best for now). I hope TVN does a better job than KBS HAHAHAHA. *two fingers in the air for the folks up at KBS*

@fluffyloaf yesyes, i think @jeilopes posted about it earlier ! Seems like he died in BA and reincarnated into a gumiho (if he confirms the offer) in his next drama . Guess he felt indignant giving his heart to SB (not worth) and rebirth into a gumiho that now eats people's heart HAHAHAHA

6 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

I don't know if I can ever watch JKY in a romantic drama anymore after this. I think SB's teary face will flash before my eyes holding a bottle of juice, holding a necklace, holding two books and then I will get an eye pain like SH. Wait, now I know why SH has eye pain... It was from foreseeing the bs ending.

OMG you have no idea how hard i bursted out laughing at this. No wonder SH eyes felt pain at the start!!! He saw it all coming. No wonder he say "it's crazy" at the mid-drama press conference. He looks so done by the end of the drama LOL. Just waiting for the BTS to save the day now :joy:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5

12 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

In case there are any remnants of people who can bear looking at JKY's face again after Born Again

I can't bear looking at any of them at the moment without feeling frustrated. :joy:

14 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

I don't know if I can ever watch JKY in a romantic drama anymore after this. I think SB's teary face will flash before my eyes holding a bottle of juice, holding a necklace, holding two books and then I will get an eye pain like SH

"Jungbom look! My diary where I wrote down my private personal thoughts that you used to woo me while stalking me."

I laughed so hard when I saw her holding that.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

36 minutes ago, Maisy88 said:

I think we deserve flowers SH is holding more than SB. lol

We deserve some therapy paid by the network and writer lmao. This drama drained the life out of me.

The filter knows what's up lmao.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

14 minutes ago, Haeun said:

We deserve some therapy paid by the network and writer lmao. This drama drained the life out of me.

LOL same! i feel depressed for days already. try watch Like Likes Like, LSH is funny and smiling a lot there! im feeling happier and less depressed after watching it haha.

27 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

OMG you have no idea how hard i bursted out laughing at this. No wonder SH eyes felt pain at the start!!! He saw it all coming. No wonder he say "it's crazy" at the mid-drama press conference. He looks so done by the end of the drama LOL. Just waiting for the BTS to save the day now :joy:

hahahaha he foreshadow it already! oh, did he said "its crazy" at the mid press conf?? is it the script he's talking about or??

34 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

NO for me. im going to avoid him for sometime. i cant bear thinking of JB and GJC looking at him.

i want to quickly forget and bury this drama from my head, but somehow i keep lurking here to read all ur post lol. i guess it's the lingering feeling of regret and anger for they tainted SH character so much.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Haeun said:

And they ultimately failed to show us why, I still don't get why she is in love with him.

The majority of the show she treated him like a little brother what did change that she is suddenly in love with him? I never got any romantic vibes with their scenes because Sabin wasn't into him (and the actors, while both stunning, had no chemistry).

Yes! It was so terribly executed! It could have been so satisfying, but instead there was no time to really feel her feelings change. It was at the last very second and then he almost dies the end.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JelliKelli said:

Yes! It was so terribly executed! It could have been so satisfying, but instead there was no time to really feel her feelings change. It was at the last very second and then he almost dies the end.

After Jichul killing Hyungbin infront of Haeuns eyes it wouldn't have been statisfying to me anyways but I might have been able to stomach it if he didn't stalk her in this life too and didn't try to get Soohyuk killed.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Umberto Eco wrote in his "Serendipities: Language and Lunacy "

"...I wanted to show how ... false beliefs and discoveries totally without credibility could then lead to the discovery of something true (or at least something we consider true today). In the field of the sciences, this mechanism is known as serendipity. An excellent example of it is given us by Columbus..."

Serendipities - the last trendy idea...Reincarnation, Genetic manipulation etc. etc...good topics for KDramas ;)

Stay in a good mood :heart:  Life is very precious and beautiful .

• Like 2

Just finished watching the subbed ending and I agree with what @Plummpychan had said earlier. It did not seem like a happy ending. I don't think JB actually woke up. Especially how they used the cherry blossoms to hide JB's head when SH was looking in. SH also did not seem sad or jealous or longing when he was looking it, he just seemed like he was observing? Probably wondering what SB was smiling at?

I guess in a way, I would interpret it to be SB's regrets has mentally affected her since the end scene she has mentioned that she finds peace at the bookstore? I don't see why she would be seeking peace if the man she loved was still around (don't beat me for saying this, hahaha I am just following what the script is trying to portray)? So I can kind of say to all who had wished she would end up with nobody and suffer has kind of got that ending so maybe that was the happy ending they meant hahahahaha.

Well, I do feel kind of sad for SB watching the subbed version. I think her emotional scene is really getting to me (was it mentioned by @raziela that JSY was great at emotional scenes?) with her acting there. She looks like she is on the verge of a breakdown. Hence even more convinced I am about JB being her imagination.

Aside from how SB went for JB in the end, I think SH ended better than expected. I mean, I like the fact that he chose to leave his job because he realised that it was too corrupted anyways. And aside from the badly scripted STH and weak build up to STH and SH's relationship, I think SH was very gracious to try to make it up to STH and clear his brother's honour. I am glad he is using his competence for good now (lol, I make it sound as if I know him personally, what is this show doing to me). He even rushed to save JB from injecting himself :'( In fact, I think he is the only one coming out of all these well hahahaha. His scene with JB at his house was also good. Too little moments of the two of them together.

JB continues to showcase an extreme case of obsessive love in my opinion. I mean I am gripped by his character because I think it emotionally made me sympathise with him. Childhood abuse will always be a mystery to me. But until the end, JB was still obsessed with giving his heart to SB when he has a chance at survival (and the doctor was yet to conclude that SB is really really in need of a heart yet). I think it shows to an extent, JB/JC is still not in his right mind (eventhough much better than previously). I think JB is definitely alive but also definitely in a state of coma and definitely had forgotten his memories.

Those who had mentioned SB as to having a Mother Mary complex is right (I am more familiar with the term Messiah complex). I don't think she had Stockholm Syndrome because she was never actually harmed or put in the position of harm/held hostage. But it was her own problem of wanting to solve this mystery that is JB/JC. For thinking herself as saviour enough for him. I think people who have Messiah complex are also prone to mental breakdowns when they grapple with the fact that they are only human and cannot make that significant of an act to save someone. Therefore I am even more convinced that SB was having a mental breakdown.

I think as much as SB's uncles are foolish, I think what they have said is to a certain degree right. We all have a part of us which exists to love out of pitying a man and think we can make a significant difference in their lives. Just in this case, SB was a very very very very extreme case of it.

Just felt a bit odd regarding the scene at the bookstore when JB was reading Wuthering Heights but admitting he was JB instead of JC (despite turning to page 73). Was it a symbolism as if he were to have another chance, he wouldn't want to love like Heathcliff? Otherwise I am not sure why they showed him reading if he was just an imagination.

Although not the tragic ending I was looking for, it is still tragic to ponder about. But nonetheless, whatever I said here is no excuse for how sloppily everything was put together. And I do absolutely agree how the writers flipped the switch from SH to JB is pretty abrupt and how her treating him as family one moment and then lover the next?!?! Sigh. Even CST/HM/GIW/SA were all put to an end so awfully. I pity them and their roles. The STH, JB and SH triangle is also another really badly put together aspect. HM killing CST was like a joke. And when she said JB was a random semen it was like the writer last minute trying to find a way to close up the plot hole after they changed the storyline. Does not make sense at all why she had brought up the fact she sabotaged the semen only to come back and say that it was random and CST getting JC reborn as his son was random. What the BS. Oh yeah and SH confessing to killing HE parents were also soooo dumb. Like why they both be overreacting to an accident? SH feeling the need to confess is okay. But SB be like, you sure you caused it? HELLO of course not he caused it!!! He was just doing his job for goodness sake!!! 

Valuable lessons from this drama:

- Never go around having Messiah complex or you will go crazy in the end

- Never trust a woman who tells you she will love you for eternity (okay fine, we were dumb for believing that when we don't even believe it for our own love lives hahahaha) - only cheaters will tell you such nonsense!!! RIGHT???? In real life if some guy told you this, you would totally judge them for being full of crap!!!

- If your past life comes back to tell you about your past selves, pretend you didn't hear it (imagine SH not bothering about his memories of HB, he would have moved on way earlier hahaha)

- If you have a bullet in your brain, don't worry about someone else and their pathetic heart

- Everybody will eventually be crazy hahahahaha

- Never obsess over a K-Drama or you might have wasted way more than 16 hours of your life and emotions and quicken the process of going crazy hahahahahaha

Okay this shall be my last long post. I might still annoy y'all with some short posts hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

17 hours ago, thingskateknows said:

@an-naum Personally, I would recommend to stay away from this drama. The entire show is a mess, the romance isn't done well (it's not done at all, really) and the ending is a huge disappointment.

If you like Jang Ki Yong, go watch Come and Hug Me if you haven't seen that already. He's AMAZING and the show is one of my favorites. That show also has a serial killer theme but it's done right and the romance is fantastic.

Have watched Come and  Hug Me (rewatched also) and Kill It when its airing. But, not a fan of WWW. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

- Never trust a woman who tells you she will love you for eternity (okay fine, we were dumb for believing that when we don't even believe it for our own love lives hahahaha) - only cheaters will tell you such nonsense!!! RIGHT???? In real life if some guy told you this, you would totally judge them for being full of crap!!!

- If your past life comes back to tell you about your past selves, pretend you didn't hear it (imagine SH not bothering about his memories of HB, he would have moved on way earlier hahaha)

- If you have a bullet in your brain, don't worry about someone else and their pathetic heart

- Never obsess over a K-Drama or you might have wasted way more than 16 hours of your life and emotions and quicken the process of going crazy hahahahahaha

You have wrapped up everything nicely. I'm laughing loud for the last lesson:lol:. I think most of us here about to go crazy last night hahaa. 

• LOL 6

18 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

HELLO of course not he caused it!!! He was just doing his job for goodness

Hahahahahahahha ikr when i watched it, i was like WTF? R u serious?? 

19 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

Sadly im the type who obssesed over a character lol. Especially when they have a great chemistry, then it will be hard for me to let them go. I need a newly found couple for me to do so haha. 

7 minutes ago, innrukia said:

. I think most of us here about to go crazy last night hahaa

You know, last night is the first time i streamed live a korean drama. Im curious as how far the writer will ruined her own drama lol. And when i know for 99% shes going to choose JB. I still hold on to that 1% hope. But my heart really hurts for SH when she gave back the rings to him. From there i just hope both JB and SB will die and leave SH alone so he can start fresh. Sadly she survives ......

• LOL 5

@violet13  @Plummpychan @whiteclover I had to rewatch it again and I realized I totally missed the color of the coats they're wearing :tears: . My apology. Now I am baffled even more while trying to find my own closure to the ending as I too feel confused over it.

Anyway, as the episode 16 title implies, Sacrifice, I guess all three leads ended up sacrificing something they value in the end: life, love & profession. I didn't know that we as viewers would also end up sacrificing something as well, our time pondering over the story and our piece of mind trying to figure what the writer is trying to send across. But for whatever it's worth, it was fun up until frustration sets in! :lol:

I've yet to fully watch the last episode, sub is a little slow but I did skimmed through the last part where SB started showing items to JB items that hold  special meaning to both of them, and for some reason I had this creepy sound effect playing in my head up till the part where she screamed. (Did JB die or did he just temporarily lost his memory?)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arcticmama said:

I've yet to fully watch the last episode, sub is a little slow but I did skimmed through the last part where SB started showing items to JB items that hold  special meaning to both of them, and for some reason I had this creepy sound effect playing in my head up till the part where she screamed. (Did JB die or did he just temporarily lost his memory?)

I actually find the scene where she keeps showing those item is too funny! Lol it was like she's doing PPL with those thing. 

She must have known brain surgery will have a lot of side effects, so she shud have prepare for memory lost if he did wake up. But her screamed there sounds terrified so my bet is that JB dead.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, nitttss said:

I still hold on to that 1% hope. But my heart really hurts for SH when she gave back the rings to him. From there i just hope both JB and SB will die and leave SH alone so he can start fresh. Sadly she survives ......

A part of me still had hope for SH and SB too, it literally turned from be being 99% sure they will be together in the end to 1% hope of it maybe happening because my brain couldn't comprehend that they would waste everything they built up.

Waiting for the finale was so nerve wracking I literally had a nightmare where they showed JB and SB getting married LMAO.

A couple weeks ago I couldn't wait for the next episodes and now I'm just glad it's over.

• Like 6