[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope that all the negativity that people express towards this drama won't discourage or damage the trios careers. Not just JKY and JSY, but also LSH, because he too is involved in it and the hateful comments no matter who they are directed at might impact him too.

They are doing a fantastic job and the drama is keeping us entertained. Just a piece of fiction after all :P

The first scene, JB - "Jung Ha Eun. I have engraved her in my heart. If I can be born again, I'd like to be born as Sa Bin's heart.  I want to beat as her heart under her chest, live with her, die with her and be an eternal memory."

I know the writer is crazy, but the drama is talking too much about this, so the theory JB is gonna die and his heart goes to SB is a HUGE possibility.

25 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

The first scene, JB - "Jung Ha Eun. I have engraved her in my heart. If I can be born again, I'd like to be born as Sa Bin's heart.  I want to beat as her heart under her chest, live with her, die with her and be an eternal memory."

I know the writer is crazy, but the drama is talking too much about this, so the theory JB is gonna die and his heart goes to SB is a HUGE possibility.

I think so too, although wouldn't it be weird if SH and SB end up together afterwards? :blink:

11 minutes ago, MVM said:

I think so too, although wouldn't it be weird if SH and SB end up together afterwards? :blink:

Well, She said to JB she might go back to SH, and SH said to her that He is waiting for her.

People are mad with SB, not SH. SH is waiting for her. 

2 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

Well, She said to JB she might go back to SH, and SH said to her that He is waiting for her.

The people are mad with SB, not SH. SH is waiting for her. 

What I mean is previously SB said that the fact that she has a heart of a death row criminal had an impact on her, so how would having JB's heart impact her? I don't know I'd just feel a little strange if she ended up with SH while having JB's heart beating inside her, but that's just me. 

1 hour ago, D27Gjk68 said:

Hey, the actors got paid for their work while I had to pay to watch this!

LOL this is true though

12 minutes ago, MVM said:

What I mean is previously SB said that the fact that she has a heart of a death row criminal had an impact on her, so how would having JB's heart impact her? I don't know I'd just feel a little strange if she ended up with SH while having JB's heart beating inside her, but that's just me. 

the whole story is weird and strange, so to have that as an ending isn't even strange anymore now :unsure:

1 hour ago, MVM said:

I just hope that all the negativity that people express towards this drama won't discourage or damage the trios careers. Not just JKY and JSY, but also LSH, because he too is involved in it and the hateful comments no matter who they are directed at might impact him too.

They are doing a fantastic job and the drama is keeping us entertained. Just a piece of fiction after all :P

the most damage must go to JSY. i actually pity her, the writer done her so dirty it's unforgivable. for LSH, i think even if this drama is a mess, he gain quite a lot of new fans since his character is the only one sane and charming here.

If SB gets to know JB has bullet in his head, there is no way she will forgive SH for JB's death. Only possibility  of her going to SH is if everyone kept it a secret of JB died or about the bullet. or She completely forgets Sabin and becomes 100% HE, then there is a chance, but seeing the preview she will find out about JB sickness and bullet.

Though I hope JB wont die and he lives a happy life. I can't bear the pain of him dying. 

14 minutes ago, nitttss said:

LOL this is true though

the whole story is weird and strange, so to have that as an ending isn't even strange anymore now :unsure:

the most damage must go to JSY. i actually pity her, the writer done her so dirty it's unforgivable. for LSH, i think even if this drama is a mess, he gain quite a lot of new fans since his character is the only one sane and charming here.

True it's weird enough to have an ending like this :lol:

LSH's character might be the only sane one, but I disagree with him being the only charming one :P

2 minutes ago, Swatkats said:

If SB gets to know JB has bullet in his head, there is no way she will forgive SH for JB's death. Only possibility  of her going to SH is if everyone kept it a secret of JB died or about the bullet. or She completely forgets Sabin and becomes 100% HE, then there is a chance, but seeing the preview she will find out about JB sickness and bullet.

Though I hope JB wont die and he lives a happy life. I can't bear the pain of him dying. 

Sincerely, I don't know how SB is going to react about Ha Eun's memories or JB's probable death.

SB was not a well-written and consistent character. So, I think we need to keep our mind open.

I just think he is going to die because the drama is saying a lot about heart and the promises the guys did in the past.

Side Note: The way she starts to remember Ha Eun's memories was similar the way SH remembers all, so probably She will keep both memories. If she became Ha Eun and forget Sabin, I think it was just a temporary thing.

26 minutes ago, nitttss said:

I dont think there was any damage done to any actors. If actors are rated based on their character's goodness and morality then why call it acting? I think she knew from the start teh story would majorly focus on JKY character. I think she would have gained immense confidence to take up a new modern drama because of this experience. She would have definitely become comfortable with modern drama. Its a step up for her because she got to do 2 roles and she worked with 2 other actors, delicately balancing love relationships between them. I saw JB through her eyes. So for me, she made me understand JB, thats quite good.  Though she didnt have much to explore interms of emotions. Her character is used as angel guardian to JB and she nailed it:) If an actor is performing well and the scene made you feel something, then its the credit goes to both actors. If I liked a reaction of JB, then credit goes to actor who triggered the action. So its combination of efforts.

Though the most challenging part was JKY, and he did a great job. Every single time JB talks on phone with SB or looks at her or thinks about her, the subtle change in his facial expression to softness in his eyes. I could feel it. His subtle but effective acting  made me like him so much. I liked him so much I started seeing his reaction in every frame even he is blurred in a scene.

LSH had romantic dialogues ,  promises and knight in shining armor character which most of them rooted for. Its quite obvious to like him. He himself said he wanted to take up romantic role, he and he played it very well.

So overall this drama made me loose sleep waiting for subtitles and the anticipation of whats going to happen. I started for JSY but I loved the show itself for what it is. 

I know Jb might die and I'm not ready for it. This show made me realize how one person believing in another can change him/her for good. 

I will remember this drama for How a person brought life, love , laughter and happiness to a unhappy and sad person.

PS: Waiting for BTS of kiss scene, because offscreen they would have laughed so much, and JKY's silly jokes:) can't wait.

5 minutes ago, Swatkats said:

I dont think there was any damage done to any actors. If actors are rated based on their character's goodness and morality then why call it acting?  I think she would have gained immense confidence to take up a new modern drama because of this experience. She would have definitely become comfortable with modern drama. Its a step up for her because she got to do 2 roles and she worked with 2 other actors, delicately balancing love relationships between them. I saw JB through her eyes. So for me, she made me understand JB, thats quite good.  Though she didnt have much to explore interms of emotions. Her character is used as angel guardian to JB and she nailed it:) If an actor is performing well and the scene made you feel something, then its the credit goes to both actors. If I liked a reaction of JB, then credit goes to actor who triggered the action. So its combination of efforts.

yes i know some ppl might think like this, but for me JSY didnt do her best for her character here. her expression isnt delivering the emotion well, and i failed hard to understand SB. i dont like SB, not JSY since i actually like her in QLOW , so i wonder if the writing took a part here.

i have stopped watching the drama, just lurking here and instagram to read the comments. thats more exciting actually:D

35 minutes ago, Swatkats said:

im quite sure someone will die. there's no way the three of them survive, and mostly one of the man will. either it's JB or SH, i just hope that the writing doesnt get anymore ridiculous than this so at least i can pick up and watch the last 3 episode :sweatingbullets:

From MY understanding..(haven't seen the four new eps. yet)

Even in their past life, SE was unexplainably drawn toward GJC, always acting affectionate towards him until the time she saw him murder the lady at the saloon. Then later after she decided to marry HB.

She felt rejuvenated at the hospital after JC stayed with her all night holding her hand -- her formalin aversion is completely gone! (I felt here that JC/JB will always play a big role in her life)

HB had been courting her for quite awhile and she had been rejecting his marriage proposal  (most likely because of her heart condition or could be some other reason also (?)). She somehow foretold they will not be together as husband and wife but only lovers in that lifetime (which definitely happened). 

On one of HS's flashback of the time he(as HB) and HE first met, he asked her why a person who has done wrong shouldn't apologize. She explained, it would put the burden of forgiveness to that person who was wronged. It would be better to care for that person instead (might explain why she's caring for JB that way after he tried saving her and got himself in the condition he's in now)

All three of them in the past had somehow tied a red string to one another that complicates their future happiness, GJC to SE, HB towards SE and SE towards HB. 

Here is how I feel the ending is moving towards ..

JB will die (!) and HS and SB will finally have their happy (?) every after. 

(This ending to me is tragic as I actually feel so much for JB/GJC,  he is  one poor soul with very sad story. I think he deserves a happy ending also)

This is how I WOULD LIKE to see the story to ends ...

Being that the string that binds them is already strained and untangling it would leave very noticeable marks on the strands,  in the same way their present life is already complicated due to the issues from their past. So whoever is left behind will be  shouldering some guilty feelings over the other person. 

All of then will be REBORN again on a clean slate without strings attached and murder issues, curses and hard feelings.

HE/SB will be a twin this time.

And three of them will have their happy ending! :)

I really don't care about her love interest at the moment~ This is way more serious than a romantic relationship issue~What I find horrible and dangerous is that some people are so self-righteous about their intentions of doing something that they legitimized all the damages they caused along the way!! 

SB kept blaming SH cause she did not think it was the right thing to shoot JB at the moment, without giving SH any opportunities to have a calm and reasonable talk about their feelings and problems. If SB really hates him so much, then breaks up with him! Easy breezy~

But no, she cold turkey him for a year, not trying to understand what he was thinking and whether it was an instinctive reaction in that situation~She blamed herself, but her anger was all dumped on SH~ She sat with SH in the bar to help but kept texting the other man, seriously even it is just any friend it was still really impolite and annoying~ If she was that worried, then tell SH she had something more important to do and have to leave~ Not to mention she went to JB again and got kissed and in the next ep still going out with him for a movie date... 

JB is fine in the sense that at least he is honest and straightforward about his feelings for SB ~But he was that way when he manipulated the gangster to murder SH!

As for SB, she felt so self-righteous to hurt SH because she felt guilty and felt like making up for JB~This is not going to fix JB but at the cost of... well anything she can come with ....This really scared me! How can someone think that any behavior is justifiable as long as it is out of good intentions? I don't even want to be friends with someone like this...:unamused:

Ofc this is the writer's problems, having nothing to do with actors ! Peace out~~~

I don't like the way SB act toward SH now. like when he called her.  she have this disgust look at the phone and turn away.  even her eyes, it doesn't have the I like you look from the first 10 episodes.  everything about her feelings toward SH is gone. So technically I don't give a BS about what she told JB that she's gonna go back to SH.  and don't what's with I want to have 2 hearts.  honey, if you love a person,  you should feel flutter for that person only.  I'm already given up and I hope that they don't end up together, I don't want SB and SH together anymore.  I want her to be with JB and leave SH alone

Thank you for summarising episode 14 earlier and the preview translation @whiteclover

Glad to see the bookstore grandpa a bit more active this episode^_^ It was lovely to see the Hyung Bin/Ha Eun moments again:wub:  Excited that SB is regaining her memories and Ha Eun will finally return next episode!

After the kiss SB says that SH used to make her heart flutter but now JB makes her heart hurt so the feeling she has for JB/JC isn't romantic love or attraction but it is confusing her.  I think @Arcticmama  makes a good point that Ha Eun was also inexplicably drawn to JC and was moved by his pain in the past and that connection is repeating in the modern lives. I was worried when I read about the hand holding  but it made more sense in context because SB was crying about the film so it seemed like JC/JB was trying to comfort her.

8 hours ago, ErikaJ said:

I'll have more to say once I watch it in full, but for now...I basically feel like an idiot after writing that whole long post about how I was so sure SB did not see JB romantically at all. To explain the GIF, the person applying the makeup is present me, and the person sitting down is past me, being so sure that I understood where SB's heart really was. :joy::joy::sweat_smile:

:lol::lol::lol: LMAO!  Yesterday we were masochists.  Today we are clowns for coming back for more pain with this drama.  BA is really putting us through it!

8 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Biologically speaking in very shallow way, two very handsome men are courting Sa Bin so I get the confusion....Maybe she should just openly date both.

:lol::lol::lol: Maybe this is the new horizon which the writer was referring to!

7 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I also feel the writer owes all 3 actors big apology......I am sure they did not sign up for this mess of a story line.

6 hours ago, Maisy88 said:

Gotta say, you have to admire their hard work and dedication. Aside from the messy plot line, I think JKY and LSH have improved greatly on their acting especially differentiating between the 2 personalities. Their portrayal of both characters is phenomenal. So that's one good thing I can say which has come from this.  

I am sorry JSY -  this drama hasn't done you any justice at all. I hope she chooses a better project for next time. 

Agree with you both.  The premise for the drama was so promising and I don't think any of the actors expected the drama to turn out like this.  I feel bad for them because they and the staff have been working like crazy live shooting.  The writing has been disappointing but I think LSH and JKY have really impressed with their acting here and I say this as someone who was ambivalent about them before this drama.  As a fan of JSY I agree this role and drama has done nothing for her.  The character of SB is poorly written, inconsistent and very polarising.

5 hours ago, jeilopes said:

LMAO!:lol:  At this point I wouldn't put anything past this drama. The beginning of this episode seems to be signposting that JC/JB is going to end up achieving his wish. My ideal happy ending was to see all three characters alive and thriving but it seems like JC/JB's ideal happy ending would to be part of SB/HE's anatomy.

6 hours ago, MVM said:

I hope it doesn't discourage or harm any of the actors too.  I have seen some appalling comments.  It's one thing to dislike a character but some people really go to far and even tag the actors in their hate.  The actors are all doing their best and working very hard. The blame lies primarily with the writing and directing.

Cool Baek Sang Ah fanart:scream:

After giving it some further thought. I think there is nearly no doubt that JB will die. Besides the bullet being stuck in his brain and all the foreshadowing, what do people think will happen if Sabin chooses SH or decides not to choose anybody at all? I am actually genuinely curious what people's opinions are. Provided the three of them remain alive and in good memory of course. 

Prior to JC returning I thought there was a chance JB could get better and live a normal life without SB, but I have a huge doubt about this now. 

In my opinion he will keep on waiting as he said he would. The ending thus will be somehow unfinished.I partly agree with what SA said that by killing off SB they would take care of all three. Except that I think SH/HB would survive, he would miss her terrible, but he would live. JB/JC on the other hand would be destroyed, I really don't think he can survive her passing.  

16 hours ago, Maisy88 said:

yeah I was thinking if JB died, how can SB forgive SH, knowing he was the cause of his ill health but if JB gives her his heart then she will always be with him and never has to worry about his happiness. 

I do hope the writer doesn't take the Lonely Goblin approach and believe humans have 4 lives. They have already used 2 of them already. Maybe third time lucky in their next life? 

I have no idea how the writer is going to tie things up nicely and make everyone satisfied. It has been bugging me that no one has questioned the direction of the plot to her. Surely, she has an editor who can advise her or even the director can have his take on the plot. I supposed its too late now. 

@Maisy88 okay, i watched the full episode with subs today. SB said that regardless whether its the wrong choice (wth?), she will still go towards SH? Because her heart remembers him ... hmm. I think the last episode was dropping alot of hints, like how JB will become SB's heart? And how SB will cry wholeheartedly for him when the times come? And SH passing SB a set of rings, telling her to put them on him when the time is right. Hmm ... but then i wont be surprised if the author pulls out anymore tricks ... LOL

Actually if you look at the entire plot and the twists, i think the entire drama still makes a good story?? Probably just poorly excecuted or the timing was not well sequenced ? I personally felt that if they balance out the plot in between the episdoes, it'll be way better? Like spreading the romance between the two leads in the earlier episodes, instead of having the first 10 being SB x SH, and the last few episodes suddenly having SB x JB? And the serial murder revelations + STH revenge plot  could have been slowly revealed/ developed and built on from the earlier episodes, rather than squeezing them in the last few episodes... thats just my personal opinion because it feels disjointed? Like the latest few episodes focused too much on the crime elements that our leads hardly appeared while in the earlier episodes, the side characters hardly had any use... 

16 hours ago, ErikaJ said:

If we get an open ending, I'll lose it bruh. I wouldn't be all that surprised though because this writer has been all over the place. Her track record thus far hasn't...been ideal LOL. I'm hoping for a SB-SH ending like you, but I disagree with the sentiment that it's unlikely. SH is willing to wait for her, although I'm not sure if I would be waiting for her if I were in his position. He's willing to do basically anything for this girl like JB. They're both willing to give her the time to make a decision. Hopefully, her remembering her past life will clarify everything in her eyes, and she'll let one or the other know where she stands for good. I just want her to make up her mind. I can't deal with this back and forth love triangle for much longer. I thought initially that the JB/SB relationship was really one sided, but this episode really disproved that LOL. There are also only like two episodes left :joy::joy::joy: I'm worried tbh that it'll be super rushed.

@ErikaJyes i agree, while reply to @Maisy88 above ^^^ the plot timing was just kind of off imo. It would have potentially be a fast paced and tight/suspensful drama if they spread/balanced the crime + romance elements better in each episode. I think they already kinda hinted that SB will go back to SH despite the wrong choices he made, just because thats what her heart tells her. Idk what to feel about this though? Will have to wait and see the impact of HE's memories, and how the dynamics between her and JB + SH will change...

13 hours ago, MVM said:

@MVM thats true, but we will see. I mean ultimately she now has HE's memories? In the past life HE loved HB and she witness him stabbed her fiance on her wedding day .. and tho he didnt kill SB's father, he still killed the other prison guard while he escaped.. hmm. But yeah, i am still having my reservations because it feels indeed weird for SB to go back to SH.

12 hours ago, jeilopes said:

Sincerely, I don't know how SB is going to react about Ha Eun's memories or JB's probable death.

SB was not a well-written and consistent character. So, I think we need to keep our mind open.

I just think he is going to die because the drama is saying a lot about heart and the promises the guys did in the past.

@jeilopes hmm possibly maybe she will let go? If SH x JB are able to call it quits? Because fairly speaking, they both tried to killed each other once across both lives and HE/SB is aware of that. But yes, i agree with keeping our minds open. 

then again, i think the author forgot about alot of stuff she buried earlier?

-Like they still hadn't explain why JB was 10 years younger when he presumably died the same year as HE & HB?

-SH's mum red bracelet line, because i rmb the Mum said she started out the business because of a bone archaeologist (inferred as SB?).

-The HE x HB confession thing on the day the first met? Or was that just trying to randomly insert some literature elements? 

-The stone necklace JB gave SB?

Anyway, i also found it abit sloppy on how GIW was captured so easily when he was supposedly some genius who escaped unscathed for so many years... and i am also kind of curious, how come there isn't any mention of SB's mother?

11 hours ago, Arcticmama said:

his is how I WOULD LIKE to see the story to ends ...

Being that the string that binds them is already strained and untangling it would leave very noticeable marks on the strands,  in the same way their present life is already complicated due to the issues from their past. So whoever is left behind will be  shouldering some guilty feelings over the other person. 

All of then will be REBORN again on a clean slate without strings attached and murder issues, curses and hard feelings.

HE/SB will be a twin this time.

And three of them will have their happy ending! :)

@Arcticmama actually, this is really a nice ending!! I agree... no matter the ending, i think so much has happened for each of the leads to be truly happy... maybe there's a possibility that the ending reopens another reincarnation, where all 3 of them are no longer tied by their ill fated red strings. 

8 hours ago, MVM said:

After giving it some further thought. I think there is nearly no doubt that JB will die. Besides the bullet being stuck in his brain and all the foreshadowing, what do people think will happen if Sabin chooses SH or decides not to choose anybody at all? I am actually genuinely curious what people's opinions are. Provided the three of them remain alive and in good memory of course. 

@MVM imo, i can't think of a good ending after all the writer has caused... haha! But i am still sticking to the most plausible ending being JB dying, SH-SB having their happy ending, at least that's what the author is making us believe.

I think all 3 had somewhat sins towards each other in their past lives and probably the concept of them being reincarnated today was to resolve all these misunderstandings and find redemption/ forgiveness or complete their unfulfilled wishes:

HB misunderstanding JC, and him trying to kill him --> so in this life, SH will work to return JC's innoncence?

JC killing (attempted at least) HB --> maybe he will return his favor, saving SH from HM + STH duo

HE calling / cursing JC without having a full picture of whats going on --> in this life, her heart will feel pain for him, and will probably help him seek happiness?

JC wanting to end his destiny by giving his heart to HE --> I think he will in this life. 

HE vowing to love only HB for eternity --> objectively speaking, no doubt SB feels love for SH but at the same time feels pity for JB i guess. So probably their love will transcend this lifetime idk man

actually if you come to think of it, if JB lives in SB, it is sort of a happy ending for JB X SB because they are together as one? And then SB can still continue to be with SH to continue their love this life?? So, its also a happy ending for SB x SH? Meaning all 3 will have a HE? I guess its all about perspective then?

9 hours ago, Swatkats said:
Spoiler

Its a step up for her because she got to do 2 roles and she worked with 2 other actors, delicately balancing love relationships between them. I saw JB through her eyes. So for me, she made me understand JB, thats quite good.  Though she didnt have much to explore interms of emotions. Her character is used as angel guardian to JB and she nailed it:) If an actor is performing well and the scene made you feel something, then its the credit goes to both actors. If I liked a reaction of JB, then credit goes to actor who triggered the action. So its combination of efforts.

Though the most challenging part was JKY, and he did a great job. Every single time JB talks on phone with SB or looks at her or thinks about her, the subtle change in his facial expression to softness in his eyes. I could feel it. His subtle but effective acting  made me like him so much. I liked him so much I started seeing his reaction in every frame even he is blurred in a scene.

LSH had romantic dialogues ,  promises and knight in shining armor character which most of them rooted for. Its quite obvious to like him. He himself said he wanted to take up romantic role, he and he played it very well.

So overall this drama made me loose sleep waiting for subtitles and the anticipation of whats going to happen. I started for JSY but I loved the show itself for what it is. 

I know Jb might die and I'm not ready for it. This show made me realize how one person believing in another can change him/her for good. 

I will remember this drama for How a person brought life, love , laughter and happiness to a unhappy and sad person.

I haven't even sat down to watch the latest episode yet but all of you guys' comments are just luring me in hahahaha!

I agree that this script is definitely a step up for all three of the actors and actress. It's definite a complex script. Not only do each of them hold two roles with different personality composition, they also had to express a third one which embodies a combination of the past two roles and their character growth moving beyond their combined knowledge of the two roles. I think this script really gives all three of them a lot of room to showcase their skills as well as to improve on them. Interestingly I was reading some earlier news on Born Again, it seems like originally LSH was supposed to play JB/JC. Hahaha that would have been very interesting.

In my opinion, JSY does appear to have the least character growth/change throughout all the episodes thus far. I believe yes it is partially due to script but I would not omit the fact that her acting might have also contributed to it. Even her character from HE to SB, JSY did not seem to portray much differences between the two (correct me if I am wrong, I might have missed some details). She did an okay job to the extent of us not having to cringe at bad acting but I think some of her hit and miss moments made it confusing for viewers to decipher her intent (like for example, many would read that she looks annoyed/etc. when dealing with SH which I felt it was not the intended feeling to be conveyed).

Again, purely in my opinion, SB's character should feel a lot more matured as opposed to HE. The reason for me saying this is because the storyline seems to intend for SB to be a protective figure for JB. SB is also a professor. SB was also given the responsibility to care for her father since a young age. HE on the other hand, appeared to be a very protected figure (protected and sheltered by SH's love) especially considering her heart complications, she was mostly in the character of being protected and cared for. SB's character is more complex to play as opposed to HE.

However, when I was watching her scenes as SB, it felt a lot like she was a student herself hahaha. It felt like her character was the same age as JB. I know IRL she is about the same age as JB and I know she is petite, but if you analyse the expressions she puts out there, they do feel rather one-dimensional in comparison to LSH and JKY's acting. There are a lot of moments here and there where it also felt like her expressions do not align with her script. Like even the kiss scene under the trees from the previous episode. I know she's supposed to be wringing and pushing JKY away. But she seems so half heartedly doing it and I don't think it was intended (yes in my head I am comparing IU and LJG's scene from Scarlett Heart and eventhough IU was bashed for her acting in Scarlett Heart, she still nailed the refusing an unwanted kiss scene better than JSY hahaha).

And I can't help but to think that some confusion stemmed from past episodes might be our failure in reading her difficult to decipher expressions hahaha. Like the care and love given to JB after treating him as family. Can it feel more like it is coming from that angle? When SB and JB was at the arcade and JB touched her hair, I found her expression there to be confusing as well. Like during that time she was supposed to be in love with SH. But her surprised expression leaned more towards flustered towards JB touching her hair lmao. These are purely my opinion, perhaps it was intentional. I don't know.

I am not bashing JSY and I know she had played some good roles in the past, but perhaps SB's character and scenarios were not easily relevant to her own experience hence she might have found them difficult to portray.

As for LSH's first return to a drama, I think he did great. He plays a good cold character and also a good warm and thoughtful character. He is definitely good at playing romantic roles and has a face to suit it. His character as HB is easily likeable (except the hair lol) and although SH was too cold for my liking, he did have his charming moments when he was protecting SB.

JKY definitely should do good considering he has had very closely relevant past dramas and he is personally invested in playing dark characters. I think he really lets himself go and is mentally committed to his role everytime he is on screen. It's rare to see an actor or actress this young and yet isn't too conscious about how they aesthetically appear on screen (sometimes I find how certain actors trying to look hot/cool in their scenes to be distracting hahaha). It's particularly apparent in this drama because he made a lot of terribly ugly faces in this drama just to ensure that he captivates the essence of the character. But I think he needs a bit of training in his romantic scenes. Both the throw his bag and run towards SB for a hug as well as the kiss under the tree scene, it felt unnatural hahaha. Not sure if he is shy in person or what but seriously JKY, you need some studying on these basic scenes. He seems to underestimate these scenes just because they are less complex than the darker scenes.

1 hour ago, whiteclover said:

@Maisy88

Actually if you look at the entire plot and the twists, i think the entire drama still makes a good story?? Probably just poorly excecuted or the timing was not well sequenced ? I personally felt that if they balance out the plot in between the episdoes, it'll be way better? 

I do agree the beginning started off with too much romanticising of HE and HB which diverted most of the audience's attention to be too fixated on the romance route. 

I also think that midway of the drama, the production team rearranged some elements as the ratings were very low. So they might have included too much of that love triangle dynamics in there during then and pushed back some important parts for later just to keep the boat sailing. I hope they could release the original director's cut or something after the show ends. Because I am quite convinced that they changed tune midway to gain better ratings.

I think the story itself and the morals behind it still holds strong despite it all. It speaks about deep truths of our reality around us and the ugliness in humanity which is not commonly discussed. I appreciate the ambitiousness of the writer and director. Hope their next drama will be even better and they could polish up the mistakes they had encountered this time around.

then again, i think the author forgot about alot of stuff she buried earlier?

-Like they still hadn't explain why JB was 10 years younger when he presumably died the same year as HE & HB?

-SH's mum red bracelet line, because i rmb the Mum said she started out the business because of a bone archaeologist (inferred as SB?).

-The HE x HB confession thing on the day the first met? Or was that just trying to randomly insert some literature elements? 

-The stone necklace JB gave SB?

I know chances are slim, but I do suspect SB is already carrying JC's heart. Because there are no other hints thus far in the plot that requires JC's life to be stretched for another 10 years.

I think what SH's mom said might just be to build a sense of "fate" between SB and SH and to show how they are interrelated before they even encountered each other. They might not come back to this. And it came back as evidence so I think it served its purpose already hahaha.

HE and HB confession thing is probably coming back in the last two episodes. Pretty sure it is an important discussion.

Stone necklace given by JB to SB I think might also not be discussed again. I think it was included in the storyline just to show us that even a religious figure fears of the unknown--JB's past and what he had done when he was 15. It also goes to show that JB himself was unsure of himself after years of people confidently assuming he is "different". It was also an early symbolism to let viewers know of how JB felt about SB, that he ultimately wants to protect her. Probably had served its purpose in the storyline already.

Spoiler

I think all 3 had somewhat sins towards each other in their past lives and probably the concept of them being reincarnated today was to resolve all these misunderstandings and find redemption/ forgiveness or complete their unfulfilled wishes:

HB misunderstanding JC, and him trying to kill him --> so in this life, SH will work to return JC's innoncence?

JC killing (attempted at least) HB --> maybe he will return his favor, saving SH from HM + STH duo

HE calling / cursing JC without having a full picture of whats going on --> in this life, her heart will feel pain for him, and will probably help him seek happiness?

JC wanting to end his destiny by giving his heart to HE --> I think he will in this life. 

HE vowing to love only HB for eternity --> objectively speaking, no doubt SB feels love for SH but at the same time feels pity for JB i guess. So probably their love will transcend this lifetime idk man

I agree to all the points here except HE towards JC. I think in the previous episode where SB had said that if only someone appeared in JC life earlier and cared for him enough so that he did not become a murderer. I think this was what she had made up to in this life for her past life of misunderstanding JC. We see JB remembering SB's words when he was on the verge of killing GIW. SB did come on time in this life and SB did stop him from murdering in this life.

Also not to forget, there might be a possible unfulfilled wish from HB for HE. If he had something to confess that is. This does make me wonder if in this life, would SH be the one giving his heart to SB? I know, so twisted of me to think that but if HB did had a sin, I cannot predict a logical atonement he can do for SB in this life. Does SH loving SB back for eternity atone things? Or does SH protecting SB for eternity atone things? I mean HE did say it is better to be by one's side and protect them rather than confess? And SH had been protecting SB once again in this life for multiple occasions already.

actually if you come to think of it, if JB lives in SB, it is sort of a happy ending for JB X SB because they are together as one? And then SB can still continue to be with SH to continue their love this life?? So, its also a happy ending for SB x SH? Meaning all 3 will have a HE? I guess its all about perspective then?

Sigh, can they just wipe out his memory with memory loss and not let him die. Can he live happily for once after GIW/HM/CST is gone T___T How dare they put him through abuse, unrequited love, blamed for murder, brainwashed by psychopath, and multiply that by two times and then kill him off AGAIN?!!! If I was JC/JB, I will revive as a zombie and haunt everyone especially the writer and director.

36 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

Again, purely in my opinion, SB's character should feel a lot more matured as opposed to HE. The reason for me saying this is because the storyline seems to intend for SB to be a protective figure for JB. SB is also a professor. SB was also given the responsibility to care for her father since a young age. HE on the other hand, appeared to be a very protected figure (protected and sheltered by SH's love) especially considering her heart complications, she was mostly in the character of being protected and cared for. SB's character is more complex to play as opposed to HE.

However, when I was watching her scenes as SB, it felt a lot like she was a student herself hahaha. It felt like her character was the same age as JB. I know IRL she is about the same age as JB and I know she is petite, but if you analyse the expressions she puts out there, they do feel rather one-dimensional in comparison to LSH and JKY's acting. There are a lot of moments here and there where it also felt like her expressions do not align with her script. Like even the kiss scene under the trees from the previous episode. I know she's supposed to be wringing and pushing JKY away. But she seems so half heartedly doing it and I don't think it was intended (yes in my head I am comparing IU and LJG's scene from Scarlett Heart and eventhough IU was bashed for her acting in Scarlett Heart, she still nailed the refusing an unwanted kiss scene better than JSY hahaha).

And I can't help but to think that some confusion stemmed from past episodes might be our failure in reading her difficult to decipher expressions hahaha. Like the care and love given to JB after treating him as family. Can it feel more like it is coming from that angle? When SB and JB was at the arcade and JB touched her hair, I found her expression there to be confusing as well. Like during that time she was supposed to be in love with SH. But her surprised expression leaned more towards flustered towards JB touching her hair lmao. These are purely my opinion, perhaps it was intentional. I don't know.

I am not bashing JSY and I know she had played some good roles in the past, but perhaps SB's character and scenarios were not easily relevant to her own experience hence she might have found them difficult to portray.

I agree on the part where you said SB sometimes acts like a student herself, I do feel only when she is giving lecture in classroom she acts like professor but when she with Jb and there is a date scene or funny scene with her uncles, its bit awkward. But I also feel she tries to act like his age to make him feel she is with him. Imagining SB giving only lecture and therapy class to JB with her heavy dialogues would not have same impact as this. But I dont see fault in acting other than in fun bits where both JKY and JSY seems awkward:P:P  But I think in latest episode of their movie date scene they were comfortable and it almost felt like an adlib and not acting, its a good progress.  JSY i know is very good in emotional scenes and this show has lot of them between JB and SB and they are all my favorites.  She does need to work on comedy parts and as well as few fun scenes in the NSF with her friend. Hope she gets scripts where her character is detailed out nicely helps in more depth to her character.

Also I heard there is younger Sabin actor casted. Dont know what will be the story of young Sabin, if they havnt trashed it yet....

Archived