[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

I am planning to drop the show @whiteclover seeing tonight what was happening between SH and SB but I am staying for LSH till the end. The writer in this episode focus only on JB/GJC and in fact, the two other leads SH and SB were only seen for a few minutes. My reaction in tonight's episode is utter confusion since the brain of the writer is scattered and does not know which direction he/she wants to go. Too many subplots with only 3 episodes left, really!!! Makes me mad.:angry:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@whiteflower thank you for the recap. 

sigh...I haven't watched this episode yet but I too, pondered on whether to keep going or drop it but now that there's only 3 episodes left... I think you have come too far to abandon ship..lol.

Last few eps had killed the romance for me so I don't hold any expectations for either couple. I do think SB has some sisterly obligation towards JB and wanting him to experience what it is like to have an happy extended/unconventional family with her and her "uncles". 

I do think the writer has abandon ship on this drama. They added way too many subplots for them to tie them up nicely. It got too messy too soon and now they can't seem to savage it.

Thanks everyone for the update. I'm glad i decided to skip tonight episode. I don't think i can take the heartache anymore :tears:. My heart keep breaking with SH/HB and i have stop caring. Now i understand why the rating keep going downhill for this drama and people just decided to walk away. The writing was so bad with no clear direction. I've tried so hard to support the drama but at this point maybe i just need to give up to keep my sanity LOL.

Text Preview Translation for Ep 27 - 28

JB, who noticed that GIW is aiming for SB, wants to protect her. Meanwhile, SH tells SB he will return everything back to its original place and hands her the ring...

SA: I found a way to get rid of all 3 of them

GIW: GJC, i was wrong...

SH: Is the perpetrator SA?

JID: Yes, i remember it's her vividly

HM (to SA): I will do anything for you

JB > SH : The more you dig for the truth (i not very sure of this part, im sorry), the one who gets into more danger isn't you but SB.

CST: KSH, you take care of it

SH: I will return everything back to it's place, and go towards you 

JB: I will make her remember me first 

@whiteclover @pamela572 me too, damn, I keep telling myself that I keep watching it just for SH, but they keep hurting SH every single ep & even his scenes are getting lesser & lesser, he barely had scenes in today's ep, it's all about JB. Strangely, the plot (regarding the crime) doesn't move forward that much either & all I see is JB romancing SB while the plot is going nowhere.

I feel like I'm pretty much being masochist here forcing myself to stay but keep suffering everytime, gosh.

The only scene I like is when SH interviewing SA, he looks sexy there & i like their chemistry too when I see them arguing like that, haha

The most frustrating part is SH still loves her. Seeing him alone with all the memories of HE/SB makes me hope he will get the girl. BUT this girl somehow is too stupid and don't deserve him. How am going to get through this? 

Hello everyone, today I will not justify our heroine, something I do not want to do today and I'm tired of looking for some logic in her actions, but here we are shown in the next  that the wedding rings will return to her, will she not remember anything then , will the real heroine of this story never return? 
I missed the episode today and instead watched my favorite episode of X-files, so I'm in a great mood now. I'm just waiting for HE to come back, then it would be fair, although I don't know if there can be anything fair in this story. That is, the old killer began to hunt for the girl again, and the old story is repeated, why repeat it,
I do not understand.

@Plummpychan I think we all are a bit masochistic to keep watching it :lol:

SH's fans, because of all the heartache. 

JB's fans, because of the heartache and the fact that he most likely is going to die. 

I'm pretty sure that girl is going to refuse him in tomorrow's episode. Her hands were in an odd position, as if she was about to push him away. 

Also judging from her conversation with SH, she has been avoiding SH, because she feels guilty and is waiting for JB to get better. Well what happens then if he dies from that bullet in his head? 

Although they can always pull HE's card, where she regains her memory and suddenly hates JC. 

Yes we are definitely masochists :blink:

42 minutes ago, pamela572 said:

I am planning to drop the show @whiteclover seeing tonight what was happening between SH and SB but I am staying for LSH till the end. The writer in this episode focus only on JB/GJC and in fact, the two other leads SH and SB were only seen for a few minutes. My reaction in tonight's episode is utter confusion since the brain of the writer is scattered and does not know which direction he/she wants to go. Too many subplots with only 3 episodes left, really!!! Makes me mad.:angry:

@pamela572 there there me too...i will stay for LSH... poor boy still doesn't get the girl after so many dramas. WHY!!! :bawling: I agree, the author was too ambitious in setting up and planting too many subplots/hidden stories (and even adding them along the way). I think she's trying to resolve everything in today's episode... not surprised if she can't rmb what she plotted... LOL. I will say writer really set her new horizon (referencing her script reading video lol) in this drama.... 

40 minutes ago, Maisy88 said:

sigh...I haven't watched this episode yet but I too, pondered on whether to keep going or drop it but now that there's only 3 episodes left... I think you have come too far to abandon ship..lol.

@Maisy88 Hi Maisy, yesyes. I actually started off as neutral, actually thought was JKY-JSY pairing (fan of all 3 actors actually). BUT, writer-nim drew me in with the eternal love richard simmons and HE-HB story ... and that wasn't enough she continued to develop SB - SH... and now idk what's she tryna do. If she were to start out earlier with SB - JB couple, i won't have so much objections. Just feel that JSY's character will get alot of hate thanks to this writer....

and yes, they are now frantically trying to explain stuff... which actually i can't even count what has been explained what hasn't, maybe can come up with a list LOL.

39 minutes ago, Rosie20 said:

Thanks everyone for the update. I'm glad i decided to skip tonight episode. I don't think i can take the heartache anymore :tears:. My heart keep breaking with SH/HB and i have stop caring. Now i understand why the rating keep going downhill for this drama and people just decided to walk away it. The writing was so bad with no clear direction. I've tried so hard to support the drama but at this point maybe i just need to give up to keep my sanity LOL.

@Rosie20 actually, the premise wasn't bad. I started watching this after 2 episodes because of course the actors, and then the plot because the theme was fresh. The first 2 episodes, tho some parts were editted kind of strange/cringe, i thought it was okay? I think the writer was just too ambitious in this whole mysterious genre, so she kept adding plot twists/ making viewers guess/ make reference to literatures (which may not have any actually meaning to the development of the plot?). If only she focused on the reincarnation, the murder plot line and the character's love line it'll be good enough? Didn't think she needed to add SA as SH's fiancee, SH's mother (? seriously is she there just for the bracelet), and STH (don't think he has much use in the show tho) ...

36 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

We’ll finally see Soo Hyuk in the court.

@jeilopes yes... will pull through one more ep, to see SH in that court suit :love:

32 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

me too, damn, I keep telling myself that I keep watching it just for SH, but they keep hurting SH every single ep & even his scenes are getting lesser & lesser, he barely had scenes in today's ep, it's all about JB. Strangely, the plot (regarding the crime) doesn't move forward that much either & all I see is JB romancing SB while the plot is going nowhere.

I feel like I'm pretty much being masochist here forcing myself to stay but keep suffering everytime, gosh.

The only scene I like is when SH interviewing SA, he looks sexy there & i like their chemistry too when I see them arguing like that, haha

@Plummpychan yes :( like i said earlier, i think the theme and storyline itself was fresh and the premise was good. Guess the author was going too far with her ambitious writing....added too much irrelevant subplots/characters ... for the screentime, actually i don' think it was intentional. There are really also some episodes that SB hardly appears and also one that JB hardly appears. 

its okay, keep an open mind :) just try not to have your hopes up .... since we saw how this drama played out over the few weeks... hahah 

23 minutes ago, innrukia said:

The most frustrating part is SH still loves her. Seeing him alone with all the memories of HE/SB makes me hope he will get the girl. BUT this girl somehow is too stupid and don't deserve him.

@innrukia i know right... i get the writer's intention to portray SB that loves SH, but wants happiness for JB before she can be happy with SH, but i think writer ain't hitting the right notes...

21 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Hello everyone, today I will not justify our heroine, something I do not want to do today and I'm tired of looking for some logic in her actions, but here we are shown in the next  that the wedding rings will return to her, will she not remember anything then , will the real heroine of this story never return? 
I missed the episode today and instead watched my favorite episode of X-files, so I'm in a great mood now. I'm just waiting for HE to come back, then it would be fair, although I don't know if there can be anything fair in this story. That is, the old killer began to hunt for the girl again, and the old story is repeated, why repeat it,
I do not understand.

@Oksana Sutra hi hi me too, i think replying to everyone's posts makes me a little saner, so i am sorry if i tagged everyone. Yes, i am waiting for HE to return... and how is the killer still fit enough to kill at this age lol. Where he getting all the support from yo?

17 minutes ago, MVM said:

I'm pretty sure that girl is going to refuse him in tomorrow's episode. Her hands were in an odd position, as if she was about to push him away. 

Also judging from her conversation with SH, she has been avoiding SH, because she feels guilty and is waiting for JB to get better. Well what happens then if he dies from that bullet in his head? 

Although they can always pull HE's card, where she regains her memory and suddenly hates JC. 

@MVM yeah seems like it? but then, idk how SH-SB are going to have happy ending if JB is going to die in the end??

And they added like love grows out of pity notion in today's episode? Like they are making us doubt the eternal love between HE - HB that they made us believe in the first place? Like so HE's true love was JC then? I am just like ??? 

----------------------

side note, i think JSY & LSH will do good in a sageuk together??? Anyone agrees??:love: I am not sure if they will ever have that chance to work together again?! I think this is JKY's last drama before his enlistment ?

Sighs, how i wish i was the author... 3 great actors with good visuals, a combination that was hard to come by.........

@whiteclover I definitely agree they would look good together in a sageuk. She confessed in a radio interview that she feels more comfortable in historical dramas. Although, I am worried she will get typed casted too much.

I am looking forward for LSH and Kim So-eun (from scholar who walks the night) as they would make a better pairing. hehe.

I feel JSY hasn't had much luck in acting in modern day dramas. I do think the writer was over ambitious and I am not sure whether I would watch another drama they had written but hey hoo... I wouldn't say never.

I heard that Sabin said to Soo Hyuk that She wants to be happy with the man she loves, but first She needs to see JB happiness.

Well, I can't justify this scene HAHAHHAHAHA

I thought she was dumping him for good. It was not that, oh gosh.

17 minutes ago, MVM said:

please do tell me if that's true.. if she didn't refuse him, even when the writer give us SH-SB happy ending, i dont think i can relate at all..i stopped at ep 11, cant watched SH get wasted anymore here. and now i saw the kissing clips, wow i wonder what's in this writer head. maybe i'll wait till final to pick this up again. i sincerely we will have the ending that can make me continue this drama *fingercrossed

sorry guys if i tagged so many people at once :( other than this drama, i will miss reading all of your comments :( btw, for laughs, you guys should check the comments section at Youtube.  Some comments are really damn funny !!:joy:

Lets just smile, and get a little crazy before goodbye next week ..

59 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

SH: I will return everything back to it's place, and go towards you

44 minutes ago, innrukia said:

The most frustrating part is SH still loves her. Seeing him alone with all the memories of HE/SB makes me hope he will get the girl. BUT this girl somehow is too stupid and don't deserve him. How am going to get through this? 

This!! How undying SH/HB loves to SB/HE, after all she's done to him, the way she gives him nothing but pain every single time & leave him alone to suffer, wahhh

I want to wake him up that this girl doesn't deserve his love.

And I'm really speechless with the audacity SB tells SH that she loves SH but she can't leave that poor boy alone? Goodness, can't she tell how suffering that SH infront of her? Seeing his drunk like that but she doesn't even care & keep talking & worrying another person yet telling him she loves him? *my blood is boiling

Thank you for the next preview translation @whiteclover at first I thought SH gives SB the ring (so he took back from HE's cemetry?) to let go of her, but instead he said he'll go towards her? Oh gosh, SH why are you keep hurting yourself like this? :bawling:

@MVM yes I guess we all are, apparently writer-nim is sadistic & like to see her audiences suffer :sweatingbullets:

@whiteclover I wish LSH&JSY can have a new drama again soon, sageuk or melo or romcom, anything as long it's happy ending for them.

Too bad, writer-nim wasting their chemistry & talent here, oh what could've been.

@whiteclover Maybe SH will still get the girl (SB) after a time jump!!! Hehehehehe . .. . . Kidding aside, I feel hurt for SH in this episode but still he still loves SB, who is kind of crazy in tonight's episode! Hahahahaha . .. . I really hope that SB gets to remember her memories as HE. I think JB is getting GJC cleared as a murderer in the past and in fact, he visited SB's dad, maybe asking for forgiveness, before he dies 'coz I think he will die in the end.  The preview is kind of deceiving but we'll see what will happen in the end. Just wishing for the happiness of Soo Hyuk in the end.:) Thank you @whiteclover for translating the preview.:)

@Plummpychan Yes we are like masochists, still watching the drama even if it hurts looking at SH hurt.:( We are only watching it for LSH or shall I say SH.:) He deserves better I guess.  I also hope the writer gets to redeem the character of SB in the end.

At this point, I don't want Ha Eun back....they have established Sa Bin as an individual seperate from Ha Eun with clearly her own preference, taste and love...it would be murder to put Ha Eun back in her...Soo Hyuk deserves better than discount Ha Eun...give him another girl

JB-SB kiss scene on YT got more dislikes than likes, lol, so I'm not the only one who got mad. I think it's the only kiss scenes on YT that I find had more dislikes than likes feedback too :joy: 

Well, at least writer-nim has reached some record on her new horizon :lol:

Archived