[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

2 hours ago, Plummpychan said:
Spoiler

Exactly, to me the writer has butchered her character just for her sake to prolonged this endless & pointless love triangle which's even degrading/ ruining the whole drama itself.

The writer seems to forget the background she has created for Sa bin, she's professor, JB is her student who is 10years younger than her, but this professor keep crossing her lines with her student, like what kind of professor that handsy over her student like that & keep meeting him in his room, goes on a date, drunk until she passed out, etc, how about her work ethics? She's hardcarrying JB like he is her baby.

She's a professional archeologist at NSF who shd be a detailed person just like her profession but she can't even notice the name in Ha Eun's thomb (which btw the same name SH/HB just called her earlier) & her photos.

She used to be so passionate over finding this John Doe lover but she doesn't seem to have a slight interest to know about her more when SH/HB (who usually against anything like this) finds her.

She's been portrayed as a girl who had so much compassion even for a non related corpse she knew nothing about, but none of that thing she gives to SH who shd be her current boyfriend at that moment. 

She made a promise to SH that she won't make him in pain/left a scar to SH just like what SH father did to him, well she perfectly made another scar for him.

The writer portrayed SH-SB love as an eternal love (the way she keep reaching for SH, in her dreams, when she's drowned) & cried her hearts out like that & even wish for her heart to stop beating when she knew SH was getting married, but SB completely cut him off for over a year as if it's nothing.

It's the writer's fault if people who used to ship her with either SH or JB doesn't want her to be with any of their stand anymore (you can see it on mdl, YT, etc where 95% of the comments were frustated with her character & writing) because the writer keep playing her character like a ping pong ball with no consistencies in writing, made SB lost her identities.

I really don't get what's the writer intention ruining SB character like this, unless she want  to change her direction & made SB-JB to be the end game, which's fine to me (given how they had totally ruined the flow of the story/character with their latest 2 ep eitherway) as long as it settled for good, like how much longer the writer will made her character going back & forth & dragged their love triangle like this, keep milking both stand until the last ep? Gosh, it's getting really tiring & frustating.

Absolutely correct. 

In fact secondary characters are more consistent and coherent than the female protagonist.

That lack of logic in everything she says and does only causes irritation. It is not a pleasant thing to see.

At this point, nothing SaBin can say in the future will be credible. She as a character is so damaged that not even reincarnation can save her.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my first post here. i just watched this drama till ep 11, and this ep really makes me jaw dropped. i never thought SB was two timing both men. she clearly likes SH, even tell JB about her feeling. the way she acts to JB is not flirting imo. but after the time lapse, i just cant understand her changed behaviour when she thinks about JB. i get it that she disappointed with SH, but how come she got a change heart?? those 10 episode clearly told that her soulmate is SH, both in this life and past life. so i dont get why the writer decide to take this route. now im not sure if i want to watch ep 12 and the rest:mellow:

Formalin couple:heart: Always a good sign when her Dad likes you...:lol:

Lovely Cheonsa couple fanart:innocent:

@jeilopes thanks for the new still cuts.  I wonder if we can finally see HB/SH and JC/JB working together at last.  Also can't wait to see the confrontation between JC and his father after all this time.  I can't believe that twisted old demon is still alive and still causing trouble. Hope he will finally get his comeuppance:angry:

1cae439026724f7e84f0cd4fcca17403.jpeg?s=Jang Ki Yong And Lee Soo Hyuk Meet A Mystery Figure In Upcoming Episode Of “Born Again”

KBS2’s “Born Again” has revealed new stills from the upcoming June 1 episode, in which Jang Ki Yong and Lee Soo Hyuk meet an unexpected character.

In the new stills, Cheon Jong Beom (Jang Ki Yong) and Kim Soo Hyuk (Lee Soo Hyuk) run into a mysterious man at a gallery. Both characters appear in disbelief at what they are seeing, and soon after get caught up in a physical altercation.

The stills show only the back of the man, who sits in a chair looking at a painting of Jung Ha Eun (Jin Se Yeon).

With the introduction of the mystery man, Cheon Jong Beom and Kim Soo Hyuk may be set to put aside their differences for the time being.

“Born Again” airs Mondays and Tuesdays.

lee-soo-hyuk-born-again-2.jpg

jang-ki-yong-born-again.jpg

Spoiler

jang-ki-yong-born-again-1.jpg

lee-soo-hyuk-born-again-0-e1590799107181

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1403502wpp/jang-ki-yong-and-lee-soo-hyuk-meet-a-mystery-figure-in-upcoming-episode-of-born-again

—————

@whiteclover Maybe? I don’t think they will be friends or they will have some sort of bromance, but like the news said They can put aside their differences for a while.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:29 PM, raziela said:

Sorry but this link is not working for me:(

Oh! I'msorry :(. Interesting! It was Chinese video and the trio leads interview - why it disappeared..??

Maybe here , also a Chinese station-- > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghU8ott9Szo from 30.05.2020 I hope it works!

On 5/29/2020 at 8:59 PM, MVM said:

If I understood your point correctly you mean that there is a swift change of personality in relation to SH? My take on it is we've never seen her witnessing her friend being shot in front of her and the person that did that claiming to be in the right. With JB she has managed to protect him from making this mistake and his reaction afterwards appeared regretful. 

Let me citate the post I agree with and it was also the answer to my previous post: :

On 5/29/2020 at 8:03 PM, Plummpychan said:

Exactly, to me the writer has butchered her character just for her sake to prolonged this endless & pointless love triangle which's even degrading/ ruining the whole drama itself.

The writer seems to forget the background she has created for Sa bin, she's professor, JB is her student who is 10years younger than her, but this professor keep crossing her lines with her student, like what kind of professor that handsy over her student like that & keep meeting him in his room, goes on a date, drunk until she passed out, etc, how about her work ethics? She's hardcarrying JB like he is her baby.

She's a professional archeologist at NSF who shd be a detailed person just like her profession but she can't even notice the name in Ha Eun's thomb (which btw the same name SH/HB just called her earlier) & her photos.

She used to be so passionate over finding this John Doe lover but she doesn't seem to have a slight interest to know about her more when SH/HB (who usually against anything like this) finds her.

She's been portrayed as a girl who had so much compassion even for a non related corpse she knew nothing about, but none of that thing she gives to SH who shd be her current boyfriend at that moment. 

She made a promise to SH that she won't make him in pain/left a scar to SH just like what SH father did to him, well she perfectly made another scar for him.

The writer portrayed SH-SB love as an eternal love (the way she keep reaching for SH, in her dreams, when she's drowned) & cried her hearts out like that & even wish for her heart to stop beating when she knew SH was getting married, but SB completely cut him off for over a year as if it's nothing.

It's the writer's fault if people who used to ship her with either SH or JB doesn't want her to be with any of their stand anymore (you can see it on mdl, YT, etc where 95% of the comments were frustated with her character & writing) because the writer keep playing her character like a ping pong ball with no consistencies in writing, made SB lost her identities.

I really don't get what's the writer intention ruining SB character like this, unless she want  to change her direction & made SB-JB to be the end game, which's fine to me (given how they had totally ruined the flow of the story/character with their latest 2 ep eitherway) as long as it settled for good, like how much longer the writer will made her character going back & forth & dragged their love triangle like this, keep milking both stand until the last ep? Gosh, it's getting really tiring & frustating.

By the way, it is really fascinating to read comments from different parts of the Earth :D, different cultures :D and to compare them .  Thank you for your creative conversation  <3  :D

AAAAAND -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE SOO- HYUK!

Drama is drama

but

real life is real life

This is This

and

That is That

8 hours ago, PeVe said:

By the way, it is really fascinating to read comments from different parts of the Earth :D, different cultures :D and to compare them .  Thank you for your creative conversation  <3  :D

I cannot agree more we are looking at and judging everything with what is acceptable in our part of the world. It's amazing really and great, because if everybody was the same it'd probably be a very boring world.

@Plummpychan  (I hope I've used the tag correctly) makes some very good points that I agree with. However for me rather than butchering SB's character completely, the writer has butchered the romance bit between the formalin couple. I do believe it will happen in some way, but I think SB's feelings towards SH/HB are not strong enough to call it 'eternal love'. I'd even add that for me their romance is  boring. 

After analyzing things in my head, I think what bothers me the most is that it appears as if she has a bond with JB and it's much stronger than her romantic love with SH...

I am not saying it's a romantic bond, it's just a connection. It has been there from nearly the beginning of the present day life. I believe this is unintentional, a mistake made by the drama makers. I don't mean just the writer's mistake, but the editors, the director, etc... I hope to be proven wrong and that there is an explanation otherwise it just makes no sense. 

Thus said I don't think it makes her into an unreliable character that cheats on her boyfriend.Sometimes we connect with friends on this level , else there are situations when we either mistake our feelings or they change with the passing of time. 

2 hours ago, MVM said:

@Plummpychan  (I hope I've used the tag correctly) makes some very good points that I agree with. However for me rather than butchering SB's character completely, the writer has butchered the romance bit between the formalin couple. I do believe it will happen in some way, but I think SB's feelings towards SH/HB are not strong enough to call it 'eternal love'. I'd even add that for me their romance is  boring. 

After analyzing things in my head, I think what bothers me the most is that it appears as if she has a bond with JB and it's much stronger than her romantic love with SH...

I am not saying it's a romantic bond, it's just a connection. It has been there from nearly the beginning of the present day life and it is stronger than her romantic love with SH. I believe this is unintentional, a mistake made by the drama makers. I don't mean just the writer's mistake, but the editors, the director, etc... I hope to be proven wrong and that there is an explanation otherwise it just makes no sense. 

Thus said I don't think it makes her into an unreliable character that cheats on her boyfriend.Sometimes we connect with friends on this level , else there are situations when we either mistake our feelings or they change with the passing of time. 

I think I understand what you meant. I've actually wrote similiar thing before (but I don't remember if I put it here or wrote it on another site).

The writer/director etc (I'd called them production team) seems trying to pull things in two opposite direction in related to SH-SB-JB connection, with SB in the middle & two male in each polar opposite. With JB I think SB had some sort connection from her family background (two ex convict uncle) & SB heart who came from an ex-convict as well thus understand where JB is coming from.

While with SH, SB had a strong connection from her previous life relationship with her soulmate that ended tragic with the death of her lovers at their wedding day.

Which to me, a rather weird decision (to develop two polar direction equally) because I don't see the point of making such option as it'll only resulting the FL/relationship stucked in the middle & the FL can be seem as inconsistent/ doubting her credibility/ ruining the FL character in the process which's to me happened to SB character rightnow.

I feel like they're trying too much to please two different parties which to me come at the expense/bring inconsistencies to the drama itself.

Even by now, the production team doesn't seem to understood it themselves on which character portrayal viewers shd be rooting for, like they had to make both ML as equal & intentionally confusing us viewers, I just don't get why would they do it like that.

The reason why I find myself or some other viewers as well who root for SH-SB upset is because the production team has made us viewers to believe that SH/HB-SB/HE love story is eternal, with the way how since beginning they had shown it to us the vow that HE made to HB that she'll only love HB forever even in her next life & she'll find him while tied their fate together with those red strings. As very well SB strong attraction to SH & show how SB was affected so much to the point that she keep reaching for him conscious and unconsciously & even wish for her heart to stopped beating because of how hurted she is (after she heard that SH was getting married) proven it to us as well. So, while I get why you're probably seeing SB had more connection with JB, we (who're rooting for SH-SB) think the same too that SB had a strong/more connection with SH.

That's why when the production team made SB suddenly turn as cold hearted FL who completely shut SH off from her life completely for over a year to the point she doesn't even answering his calls/messages & didn't give him a chance to explain himself & walk off from him easily, we're feel betrayed with the sudden change direction in writing/directing production team has made to SH-SB love story.

If this is just a normal/ordinary romcom where there's no connection from SH-SB right from the start & they're made from scratch, or if SB doesn't change that drastically, ie. still had some lingering feeling over him, etc (which I don't catch at all from her on ep 11&12) I would totally understand/ be more understanding with her choice. 

But here, we have this eternal love theme the production team has ensure us to believe & develop since the beginning, only for them to throw everything without meaning as if it's nothing, hence for us it came as butchering SB character in the process with how inconsistent her character is being written, didn't keep her own promise nor feelings to SH & many other inconsistencies like I've mentioned on my earlier post.

And yes I agree that this is came from production team fault.

I just hope they heard the viewers feedback of their last two ep & somehow able to make it up in their remaining ep.

I saw many of the fans mad from SB

they forget that this drama aspirated from wuthering heights if JC/JB take the role of heathcliff , SB taking the role of Catherine even if SB character is better version than Catherine who was manipulated and selfish but they share one important thing they never want to choose between the two men ( Catherine was madly in love with heathcliff and consider him her soulmate but she marry lenton because of his money and status she like him too but her feeling toward him not that stronge even after she married him she didn’t want to break her relationship with heathcliff and many time lenton said to her she have to choose between him and heathcliff but she refused to choose between them)

what I mean to say the writer try to mimic catheren character in SB 

19 minutes ago, saya2 said:

they forget that this drama aspirated from wuthering heights if JC/JB take the role of heathcliff , SB taking the role of Catherine even if SB character is better version than Catherine who was manipulated and selfish but they share one important thing they never want to choose between the two men ( Catherine was madly in love with heathcliff and consider him her soulmate but she marry lenton because of his money and status she like him too but her feeling toward him not that stronge even after she married him she didn’t want to break her relationship with heathcliff and many time lenton said to her she have to choose between him and heathcliff but she refused to choose between them)

I read WH summaries because I'm too curious how much they'll take them as their reference & yes previously I find the only similiar ref BA to WH is JB to Healthcliff (similiar background) & since Catherine character doesn't quite like SB as like you said Catherine was portrayed as one FL who had greed & doesn't want to loose both love & status/safety, and HC & Catherine relationship/love was portrayed as destructive. So at first I thought that they only took WH quotes as their reference.

But given their story progress, well now am not sure & probably like you said the writer might try to mimic Cathreen character to SB. But if that's true then no wonder if viewers being upset at SB character because her character was purposedly written like that, then?

:sweat_smile:

I rewatched some portions last night and while I don't think SB is two timing I can understand why people think so.  The scene when she checked out of the hospital really seemed like JB was confessing his romantic feelings to her and she was accepting them.  That was a great opportunity for her to clearly sent boundaries but she didn't.  So she is sending the message to JB that she found his trying to get SH killed was something she really appreciated (ok, slight sarcasm there....). At least EH told JC that killing someone on her behalf was not acceptable

And I can't add anything new about the SH/SB relationship.  Rewatching it, SB is clearly in love with SH, says that her feelings for him won't change, says she won't hurt him then does with no reason that is presented to us as viewers.

12 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

I read WH summaries because I'm too curious how much they'll take them as their reference & yes previously I find the only similiar ref BA to WH is JB to Healthcliff (similiar background) & since Catherine character doesn't quite like SB as like you said Catherine was portrayed as one FL who had greed & doesn't want to loose both love & status/safety, and HC & Catherine relationship/love was portrayed as destructive. So at first I thought that they only took WH quotes as their reference.

But given their story progress, well now am not sure & probably like you said the writer might try to mimic Cathreen character to SB. But if that's true then no wonder if viewers being upset at SB character because her character was purposedly written like that, then?

I read WH summaries as well and thought EH/HB was Catherine/Heathcliff and SB/SH would be the children who I thought had a happier ending.

26 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Even when SB said to JB they are family make me remember wuthering height because heathcliff was Catherine’s adopted brother 

even the relationship between JB & SH smilir to relationship between heathcliff and lenton how both men hate each other and willing to kill each other even in how lenton since the first time saw heathcliff had prejudice against him as Lowely wild servent the same as how SH from the beginning saw JB as psychopath and killer 

@Plummpychan I am disappointed with the romance plot in this drama in general. When I read the summary I thought that besides the mystery plot, it would have this great romantic story that can even transcend death. I was pretty shocked when I began rooting for a completely different couple/ character. My personal beliefs are closer to what formalin couple should have been. The production team is trying to keep us guessing or rather keeping both parties satisfied way too much. 

43 minutes ago, saya2 said:

26 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Wow my mind is blown! Is that what is happening? Are they trying to establish similarities between this story and WH? In this case this drama will have a very tragic ending... 

30 minutes ago, MVM said:

@Plummpychan I am disappointed with the romance plot in this drama in general. When I read the summary I thought that besides the mystery plot, it would have this great romantic story that can even transcend death. I was pretty shocked when I began rooting for a completely different couple/ character. My personal beliefs are closer to what formalin couple should have been. The production team is trying to keep us guessing or rather keeping both parties satisfied way too much. 

Wow my mind is blown! Is that what is happening? Are they trying to establish similarities between this story and WH? In this case this drama will have a very tragic ending... 

Yes, they're trying too much to please two different parties & resulting a half baked romance and I don't see what the needs for them to make it that way, unless they're trying to pull WH on us, welp as it's destructive in every possible ways & may ended as tragic unless they took the younger catherine pov (catherine & lenton's child) who had a healthier romance pov like @d27Gjk68 said.

You may look on WH summaries below if you're curious

https://www.sparknotes.com/lit/wuthering/summary/

However, seeing next ep stills (SH&JB might team up), we probably had a better ending & probably less likely they might pull WH ending (or not?) :sweatingbullets:

55 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Yes, they're trying too much to please two different parties & resulting a half baked romance and I don't see what the needs for them to make it that way, unless they're trying to pull WH on us, welp as it's destructive in every possible ways & may ended as tragic unless they took the younger catherine pov (catherine & lenton's child) who had a healthier romance pov like @d27Gjk68 said.

You may look on WH summaries below if you're curious

https://www.sparknotes.com/lit/wuthering/summary/

However, seeing next ep stills (SH&JB might team up), we probably had a better ending & probably less likely they might pull WH ending (or not?) :sweatingbullets:

I have read WH. The younger WH couple doesn't seem to be happening at this point. It's closer to the first half of the story especially since we have JC and HB back. Although of course I could be wrong and/or missing something. It could also be that they are taking some inspiration from it. I like the idea, because it makes some of the choices they have made with the drama so far less pointless :lol:

Archived