[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg I haven't watched the ep but everyone comments make me already feel so frustrated. Especially SB! I've been trying and trying to understand her and look over her flaws as character. bc srly aint she the most useless fml ever? I felt it from the moment she appeared, can't stand on a chair correctly, can't tie her hair, can't wear necklace, well those are annoying but wouldn't bother me if she wasn't that forgiving or mary sue. It's people like her that sometimes don't only bring to herself but worse to others around her, who's trying to save her life! At least HE had a backbone, she called out JC and his wrong doings, even though they didn't know his story, what he was doing wasn't justifiable. Here JB stalked her, invaded her privacy, confessed he indeed provoked s/o to hurt SH bc he thought he's giving her hard time, AND she thinks it's okay and forgave him like in span of secs??! then acting all friendly, buddy, whatever you call it as if nothing matters, smh. In rl, i hate people who keep preaching to others and act like that, you gotta be real, you can be a good person but know your limit, you CANT change people, you can help but they need to do it on their own. sometimes not yourself but people around you will get hurt bc of your stupidity. sorry for ranting. but next ep preview makes me even more mad. I don't think SB deserves any of that protection or love when she doesn't think for one sec why and how those things keep happening. Keeping distant with SH?! yea right, now you do it and not with JB before? and what's worse is HB is coming back. mgosh please, i don't want him seeing SB, please give me HE back, to me it's HExHB. If SB doesn't change her train of thought and wake up and do sth instead of being a damsel in distress all the time, then nope, leave HB/SH and JB alone!

ok i need to calm down lol

Signed up on soompi just to chime in on the comments.

Despite all the frustrated comments about the writing, I beg to differ (and hopefully I am not wrong, maybe I am giving the writer the benefit of the doubt). I personally really enjoy the script. Just as some of the previous comments on this thread dissected and aligned Wuthering Heights to this drama, I think this drama is leading up to a lot of themes and questions which the writer wants us to consider and think about. 

Just like how Wuthering Heights explored the themes on different types of love, I think Born Again has quite an interesting exploration on the 8 types of love including mania as one of them as shown by JB towards SB. Mania aka obsessive love stems from low self esteem and is linked heavily to jealousy the fear of losing the object of affection. Although JB might not outright appear to be of low self esteem, I think some scenes do hint of it (e.g. him drinking detergent-contaminated juice for the sake of belonging to his family). Along the same lines, SB seems to represent a form of agape (unconditional) love which is often linked to Christianity. Another reason why I love the show is as mentioned by another commenter that SB often appears with the visual cue of Mother Mary. Great attention to detail by the production team.

Another major discussion I presume the writer is building up to is probably psychopaths vs sociopaths. Although JB this far has been labelled as a psychopath, if we look deeper into the character differences between JB and SA and do a bit of search on psychopaths and sociopaths, it seems that JB might be a sociopath driven by his environment instead.

Not too sure if I am right, but I deeply enjoy analysing the underlying messages and themes that the writer might be trying to convey.

However I do feel that in the past week and this week, the tone, pace and feel of the episodes seem rather different. I kinda appreciated the previous episodes more due to a less cliche albeit slower and maybe more confusing way of putting the show together. Just me. But I will still continue watching as I think this writer is of great potential and have some great concepts in mind.

4 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

Just like how Wuthering Heights explored the themes on different types of love, I think Born Again has quite an interesting exploration on the 8 types of love including mania as one of them as shown by JB towards SB.

@fluffyloaf - I should citated your full post - > good conclusion!

Now, my modest words -

Born Again evolves towards 'form over content' -

Jung Soo-Mi - the screewriter - the young one I bet :) (?)   now , wants to follow Park Hoon-Jung ( the Witch) - jumping from Wuthering Heights through  Frida Kahlo , with Chopin's Nocturne at the background...is it healthy mix? or it is only provoking? or...?

I continue watching because of JKY's acting and the scenery - and nothing about the plot :)

54 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

He stole her kiss, as he had once stolen in the past to be with her, in the hospital when he held her hand, it was also a stolen moment. He still can't openly confess to her, and he can't kiss her, only steal the kiss.

I also hope they all remember their past, but for Sa Bіn it's too early, I want
it will be more interesting for the prosecutor to bring back memories of their past  to her, and I want her to remember everything when he puts a wedding ring on her finger.

@Oksana Sutra Are you trying to say then because it was a stolen moment, it ok to kiss someone with without their consent? I mean I bet there are lot of times in our lives, we wished we could've had a do-over, but there are just some things that are morally wrong and not to mention illegal. Some might take this scene and think its ok for them to do the same. The writer and production team just basically communicated something that is morally wrong and illegal as romantic. I don't think there can ever be a valid excuse for what just happened in that scene. Sure, JB did not have the best life growing up and his past life as JC wasnt great either and he may be trying to act on a stolen moment, but regardless of whatever excuse he may have had it should not excused away that what he did was right. What the writer and pd team should think about is what message that scene just conveyed. I don't know maybe they should have played a creepier background music or something instead.

23 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Oksana Sutra Are you trying to say then because it was a stolen moment, it ok to kiss someone with without their consent? I mean I bet there are lot of times in our lives, we wished we could've had a do-over, but there are just some things that are morally wrong and not to mention illegal. Some might take this scene and think its ok for them to do the same. The writer and production team just basically communicated something that is morally wrong and illegal as romantic. I don't think there can ever be a valid excuse for what just happened in that scene. Sure, JB did not have the best life growing up and his past life as JC wasnt great either and he may be trying to act on a stolen moment, but regardless of whatever excuse he may have had it should not excused away that what he did was right. What the writer and pd team should think about is what message that scene just conveyed. I don't know maybe they should have played a creepier background music or something instead.

Illegal in everyday life, yes. Used in fiction, especially in some of our most famous fairy tales, not to mention Kdramas as romantic? Also yes. Surely everybody knows this isn't real? 

If we were to forbid this, shouldn't we also forbid some modern day crime or superhero movies too? I mean people might start jumping off the roofs trying to hunt down dangerous mafia gangs. 

I haven't watched yet but some of your reactions to this episode are scaring me:scream:

:lol::lol::lol: LMAO! I always appreciate your hilarious posts and gifs @scarletlover1

@PlummpychanI will say in SB's defence about apparently going to an abandoned place at night., I was having the same thoughts about the police detective in yesterday's episode meeting up with SA with no back-up.  What experienced veteran detective is all like, yeah, sure potential murder suspect let's meet alone at night at this random creepy art gallery you suggested with no back-up and I will only inform my superior once I am inside the creepy art gallery taking pictures of creepy paintings that remind me of a 30 year old serial killer?:rolleyes:

Also from what you are saying about their interactions i still cannot figure out why the writer made SB so much older and JB's teacher when it doesn't really seem relevant to the plot and she doesn't act like it which makes their interactions rather inappropriate.  I don't see why the writer didn't just make SB a university peer, a colleague, a neighbour.  Heck someone he met at the book shop!

4 hours ago, whiteclover said:

I will presume so because this ending looks starkingly similar to how the way things ended in Ep2. We can more or less confirm that JB = JC , SH = HB. So i will rule the soul switch theories out now.

The last part, its actually the voiceover from the first/second episode where HB held HE's hand at the bookstore

:" I vow to HE's parents who are in the heavens that I CHB, will risk my life to protect my bride, JHE right til the end." 

3 hours ago, whiteclover said:

KBS Text Preview for Ep 21-22:

Jong-beom who was shot by Soo-hyuk disappears. Sabin feels Jong-beom’s absence and grows distant from Soo-hyuk. Jong-beom who disappeared, appears in front of Sabin one day... Meanwhile, Soo-hyuk loses conscious after seeing the hologram of the restored Donggang corpse 

Thanks so much for the translations @whiteclover

I can kind of understand SB becoming distant to SH.  I was shocked how cold-blooded SH was in that clip @Oksana Sutra posted. Shot him point blank and just left him to die

3 hours ago, Maisy88 said:
Spoiler

This is the first time I have ever had the urge to comment on any Korean drama. This drama is definitely taking us on an emotional rollercoaster leading to a possible heart attack! hehe. 

Did anyone notice JB had the same ringtone as SB when KSH rung it? Just creepy. 

I also notice JB hand no longer trembles in the presence of KSH but now his eye is starting to ache when KSH and SB are together? KSH eye only aches as some kind of warning? his heart aches when he's having strong or concerned feelings when he's with SB? or does it ache in pain for not recognising the other's kindred soul. lol.   ahh... so many theories and grasping at straws and trying to dot the "i's" and crossing the T's. lol. 

It wouldn't surprise me if JB dad is the umbrella killer as he does a good job at covering things up or maybe its to save his image? I think JB Mother is involved somehow. Under rated characters seem to pop out from the wood works. Still does not explained why SA became a killer? She now reminds me of Glen Close (bunny boiler character) from Fatal Attraction!  I know rejection is the calayst for her destructive path now but why did she kill the other lady? 

Also, I hope they catch the real umbrella killer. What a frustrating episode!! :confounded:

Welcome to the thread @Maisy88:grin:  It's so interesting how many people we have had post who have said the same thing: they haven't posted before or haven't posted in a long time but this drama made them comment!  I guess the drama must be doing something right to elicit such strong reactions!

The meaning behind the various aches and trembling of the boys is so confusing.  So I wonder what it means when JB's heart hurts?

1 hour ago, fluffyloaf said:
Spoiler

Despite all the frustrated comments about the writing, I beg to differ (and hopefully I am not wrong, maybe I am giving the writer the benefit of the doubt). I personally really enjoy the script. Just as some of the previous comments on this thread dissected and aligned Wuthering Heights to this drama, I think this drama is leading up to a lot of themes and questions which the writer wants us to consider and think about. 

Just like how Wuthering Heights explored the themes on different types of love, I think Born Again has quite an interesting exploration on the 8 types of love including mania as one of them as shown by JB towards SB. Mania aka obsessive love stems from low self esteem and is linked heavily to jealousy the fear of losing the object of affection. Although JB might not outright appear to be of low self esteem, I think some scenes do hint of it (e.g. him drinking detergent-contaminated juice for the sake of belonging to his family). Along the same lines, SB seems to represent a form of agape (unconditional) love which is often linked to Christianity. Another reason why I love the show is as mentioned by another commenter that SB often appears with the visual cue of Mother Mary. Great attention to detail by the production team.

Another major discussion I presume the writer is building up to is probably psychopaths vs sociopaths. Although JB this far has been labelled as a psychopath, if we look deeper into the character differences between JB and SA and do a bit of search on psychopaths and sociopaths, it seems that JB might be a sociopath driven by his environment instead.

Not too sure if I am right, but I deeply enjoy analysing the underlying messages and themes that the writer might be trying to convey.

However I do feel that in the past week and this week, the tone, pace and feel of the episodes seem rather different. I kinda appreciated the previous episodes more due to a less cliche albeit slower and maybe more confusing way of putting the show together. Just me. But I will still continue watching as I think this writer is of great potential and have some great concepts in mind.

Another first time poster! Welcome to the thread:blush:  Very interesting comments on the themes and especially the different types of love.  I'm glad somebody else picked up on the Virgin Mary visual cue. You seem to know about psychology too!  There is certainly a lot to think about with this drama which makes for great discussion even if the drama's execution isn't always the strongest IMO.  Regarding what you said about tone and pace feeling different this past week, I suspect the writer and PD were told to get the plot moving more quickly due to the ratings.  Some of the scenes from yesterday's episode were filmed on May 11th  (fans took candid pics of the filming) so they are filming barely a week ahead of airing:dizzy:

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

I haven't seen this stolen kiss but I made a similar comment in an earlier post when JB was in stalker mode.  JB does some very questionable things (like when he was reading her diary and tracking SB) but the drama paints them as uber romantic with warm lighting, sweet music.  I like and am sympathetic to JB and understand a lot of his actions as a result of his upbringing, emotional/psychological difficulties, desire to be close to SB. Still I do think the drama should be more careful about how they frame these moments because even though we know JB has no malicious or harmful intent towards SB it isn't something that should be normalised especially for a young audience.

@scarletlover1 I AM LIVING FOR YOUR POSTS lol. As far as I'm concerned, you're the club leader of team SH/SB :joy:

Anyways, I was reading the Naver live chat comments and was surprised by the backlash on SH's actions at the end of the episode. Understandable since we know he's innocent, but it makes sense from SH's point of view. All the evidence that he has right now points to JB being the culprit. He literally just found out that JB was stalking SB and for him to kidnap SB wouldn't seem like a stretch. He knows that JB was on the scene of the crime as well. Plus, JB was caught in a pretty comprising position. It's all around a sketchy situation. To add to that, JB was withholding crucial evidence that would have literally cleared everything up. To be fair to JB though, he definitely doesn't trust SH. He knows for a fact that SH has a track record of manipulating evidence to get the results that he wants. Still, I doubt that SB would let SH do that.  It's just all around frustrating that all this could have been avoided if JB had just been more forward with the information that he had. 

It's just ironic that in today's episode, JB is so sure that SH is the one endangering SB's life. Like boy. You have the power to put away Sang-Ah who has straight up told you her intentions of killing SB. She even told him that SH's love for SB isn't the only reason that she wants SB dead. He is playing a role in it too! JB was playing with serious fire and got burnt. 

On the bright side, I'm glad that SB told JB very bluntly that she sees him as family and that her feelings for SH will not change. That being said, he doesn't seem to be quite getting the message yet, and SB's actions aren't helping either lol. I just hope that when all is said and done, JB isn't like third wheeling with SB and SH for the rest of time :joy::joy: I need some cutesy dates between SB and SH that don't involve self-defense or JB. Speaking of which, her reaction to SH bringing her an arsenal of self-defense gear was funny as hell. She should have used some of that gear when she was at the creepy, closed down school. LOL, she is really fearless, bordering on recklessness even. 

CUTEST MOMENT OF THE EPISODE AWARD GOES TO.... when SH got that message from SB, and he had the cutest little smirk on his face. Cold SH is sexy, but I live for his little moments of vulnerability. :flushed::flushed:

I'm like so amped for next week's episode. Finally, we have characters realizing who they were in their pasts. It looks like JB and SH will have their memories back first. LOL, SB is going to look like such a fool for turning away from SH :joy: I can't wait for both of them to fall into each other's arms, realizing who they really are to one another. HYPPEEEE. 

P.s we know that JB isn't going to die from his wounds! There definitely is no way that that's going to happen. 

Definitely, Ha Eun’s paint, Ha Eun was still alive when Hyun Bin saw this paint in the school.

I don’t know if GJC killed Ha Eun, but I think someone did, cause She was desperate to live and find Hyun Bin’s corpse (like we saw in yesterday’s episode) and She die without find him.

25 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

one more thing guys remember Detective Ju said : It's the painting he drew after killing a woman.

On this painting was HA right, so JC killed her in the end? and Detective Ju knows that.

This episode sounds like a very frustrating episode to watch.  I'll skip it for now.

Though SB might have told JB that she only sees him as family,  her actions towards JB is sending him one confused message.  Any normal person would have distanced herself  in this situation. By not doing so, I think SB is very insensitive towards JB's feelings and giving him hope.  Based the text preview of next week's episode, I am afraid to watch that episode too.   I  am going to be very disappointed with SB.  She would distance herself from SH.over JB:angry:.  If that's the case, I am sure SH would be very hurt.  I wish SH would have forgotten about SB and moved on in this life.   

I like JSY and that's why I started watching this drama. But the SB character is driving me crazy. 

1 hour ago, kdramafan1 said:

This episode sounds like a very frustrating episode to watch.  I'll skip it for now.

Though SB might have told JB that she only sees him as family,  her actions towards JB is sending him one confused message.  Any normal person would have distanced herself  in this situation. By not doing so, I think SB is very insensitive towards JB's feelings and giving him hope.  Based the text preview of next week's episode, I am afraid to watch that episode too.   I  am going to be very disappointed with SB.  She would distance herself from SH.over JB:angry:.  If that's the case, I am sure SH would be very hurt.  I wish SH would have forgotten about SB and moved on in this life.   

I like JSY and that's why I started watching this drama. But the SB character is driving me crazy. 

Poor heroine, you are too cruel to her. She seeks to protect her loved one, and she knows that this guy can kill for her because he loves her, she knows he's lonely and needs a friend, so she does. I agree that she is acting recklessly now, because if he regains consciousness after the injury and remembers the past, then it's not just her,
but her whole family will be in danger. As for the prosecutor, he acted impulsively when he was shot him and left to die, but it fits perfectly into his image of being cold and sensible, however, when he faints, she will forgive him and be with him in the hospital, I want to hope that remembering the past , he will become more sensitive, warmer,
more romantic and gentle.

@ErikaJ Thank you, I feel honored.

giphy.gif

Now I don't understand why people are hating on SH. From his perspective, it's understandable. His girl is getting stalked by the same man in both lives. JC/JB are being seen at the scene of the crime. JC killed the woman of the boy who was like a younger brother to him then killed HB. JB has attempted murder three times (maybe four if you include the puppy:cry:). First time was the man who attacked SH and SB. Second time was his younger brother. Third time was SH. SB got kidnapped and JC was seen at the scene of the crime and SH knows he's a stalker so can you really blame him in thinking that he kidnapped SB and was going to hurt her? (Once more. JB did try to kill SH, so he's not so innocent.)

I understand SB wants to believe in people and there's nothing wrong with that, I'm sorta like that myself. But you can't save everybody and I know that. Sometimes, you have to draw the line somewhere. If HE can let it go, SB needs to do the same.

1 hour ago, scarletlover1 said:

I understand SB wants to believe in people and there's nothing wrong with that, I'm sorta like that myself. But you can't save everybody and I know that. Sometimes, you have to draw the line somewhere. If HE can let it go, SB needs to do the same.

I don't think SB is one to give up too easily. She didn't give up on identifying HB's corpse even after SH told her to, as no one would miss a corpse after 30years. She got stabbed, stalked, nearly poisoned and now kidnapped??? I don't know what it will take for SB to come to her senses. Her level of forgiveness is getting too much for me to bare. :lol: I think something traumatic will have to happen for her to change her mind like it did with HE.

4 hours ago, ErikaJ said:

P.s we know that JB isn't going to die from his wounds! There definitely is no way that that's going to happen. 

I definitely agree. He will survive for sure. Whether or not he will be the same is yet to be seen.

I have just rewatched ep 8 with JB having that conversation with Hye-Mi - how could he not know he got caught in this own trap. I mean ... come on boy... you are supposed to be clever. hehe. I think he didn't turn in the evidence because he knows SH doesn't trust him and he's so blinded by hatred and prejudice - probably won't believe JB anyway and it will turn into another misunderstanding like what happened with his father . He knows he's a murder suspect and there's a mountain of incriminating evidence against him. He's playing into SA game. 

I feel everyone is blinded and driven by their own kind of love. Hye-Mi mentioned to JB about destroying is a way of possessing love (maybe his urge to kill SH to possess SB) and she told SA only death is a perfect possession and if your love not reciprocated then it turns into obsession - I understand SA love is now obsession and she wants to possess SH but how everyone goes about obtaining their kind of love is :tired:  Even SH said in ep 3 ' anyone obsessed with anything is weak-willed' Oh boy, that statement has come back to bite him now as he's obsessed with SB - she consumes his thought night and day - constantly checks her location on his phone like a crazy man in love. 

Anyways, Do you think Hye-Mi is somehow pulling some strings with both JB and SA - playing them against each other?  You never see all 3 in the same room yet SA knows more about JB than he does. JB visits Hye-Mi in their own home and SA never around. It would be interesting to see what kind of conversations they'll have when all 3 are in the same room. Food for thought. 

Nobody was right and sane in this episode.

• SH - Too impulsive. As I said before about JB, he was lucky, because he can be a murderer now.
  • SB - She put herself in danger again. And she didn't draw an appropriate line in her relationship with JB.
  • JB - Dude, you have an evidence, tell the police or your daddy, and not fall into the Sang Ah's trap like that./ And it's not cool kiss a girl without a consent, she passed out because the alcohol. I thought this kiss so creepy.

So, I agree with myself, just to hate Sang Ah! :lol:

I will hate her and wish all the other three happiness.
I still rooting for SH and SB's love,  and a redemption for JB.

And also I want JB can cleans his name.
And, for God's sake, these guys need to work together.
And they have the same objective that is protect Sa Bin.
They don't have to be friends, just stop trying to kill each other and make a deal.

I know that now, it's going to be hard for SH, if He really realizes JC/JB killed him in his previous life, but you know one hour He needs realize his own mistakes and forgive.

SH/ HB is not innocent is this whole situation, He has to stop thinking that assumptions are the real true.

8 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Agree with you.  I love this dark drama from Day 1.  Its unlike to usual romance drama where one will know what is going to happen next.  Born Again has lots of twist and turns fill with tensions as unexpected usually happens.  Viewers must be able to look from wider perspective and analyse the plot, why the writer is bringing surprises.   With few more episodes until the FINALE, and the 3 leads are having more flashbacks of their previous life, everything will come full circle at the end.  Hopefully with Father Goose surviving, who is the yellow umbrella killer will finally be known and it will definitely hit SH hard,  SH&SB (HB&HE) will come full circle and reconcile present life.  As for JB's fate, will he finally become normal and get love from this family when all the doubts are cleared?  Each weekly episodes bring suprises..and we dont know what the writer is plotting next.  Continue watching to find out the answers.

In a weird way, I can understand SB. She may have encountered numerous dangers but its probably because SB firmly believes that she can change JB for the better. She isn't wrong in thinking that way because so he has responded to her very well so far. Apart from that, I think part of her motivation to change JB also stems from wanting to protect SH.

She just cannot let JB go since she knows it will be dangerous for everyone. He has "attempted" to kill SH once, who's to say he won't do it again? If she is in close contact with JB, she can stop him like she intervened with JB and his brother.

SB told JB in the hospital the things that he should have done when he liked a girl. JB changed and SB responded. I shudder to think what would happen if SB snubbed JB. He would have been uncontrollable and would have proceeded to do the unthinkable. Thus I think, SB thinks that JB is not beyond redemption and that with a little attention, he would get get better. He has shown her that he is better once people show him attention. 

As for SB leading JB on, I think its a very fine line or wanting to be there as a friend and misleading him into thinking that he has a chance. For normal people, I think they would have understood when SB said she likes SH but its JB that we are talking about. JB probably thinks that if he protects SB to the very end, he will get her. SH would have failed and he would have won. 

I agree with the comments that I think JB will die protecting SB from SA. That would be his redemption and happy ending. SB and SH will finally get their happy ending in this lifetime and I hope SA would realise the folly of her ways. If not, I won't be surprised if SA dies at the end. That's my version of a perfect happy ending but its still early to say. 

I can't wait for next week!

The writer really need to stop making Sa bin's character looks cheap with no common sense just to give any "romantic scenes" with JB, it's seriously ruining her character, her intention maybe right but her action is not.
Stop giving false signals to a guy whom you said you had no feelings for & stop giving him the opportunity to take any advantage of you Sa bin-ah, Please!!!

I'm not even her BF & I'm this upset, let alone SH, knowing that some potential suspect with a problem in mind keep pinning & stalking his GF all the time, no wonder if he went crazy, like seriously, who wouldn't?
He even had the same ringtone as Sa bin is @#$%&

Also, the way I see it, it all happened because JB is too ahead of himself & want to be the "hero" for Sa bin, but his plan bites himself back in the a$$.
He's sure pitiful but he must hv seen all of this coming.
If you don't want to be suspect as a murderer, don't acted like one, defend yourself at the very least, gives any alibi or something instead of provoking here & there, he doesn't even trying yet blaming ppl who suspect him? smh.

*am sorry for my ranting here :sweatingbullets:

4 hours ago, Barbedflower said:

In a weird way, I can understand SB. She may have encountered numerous dangers but its probably because SB firmly believes that she can change JB for the better. She isn't wrong in thinking that way because so he has responded to her very well so far. Apart from that, I think part of her motivation to change JB also stems from wanting to protect SH.

She just cannot let JB go since she knows it will be dangerous for everyone. He has "attempted" to kill SH once, who's to say he won't do it again? If she is in close contact with JB, she can stop him like she intervened with JB and his brother.

SB told JB in the hospital the things that he should have done when he liked a girl. JB changed and SB responded. I shudder to think what would happen if SB snubbed JB. He would have been uncontrollable and would have proceeded to do the unthinkable. Thus I think, SB thinks that JB is not beyond redemption and that with a little attention, he would get get better. He has shown her that he is better once people show him attention. 

As for SB leading JB on, I think its a very fine line or wanting to be there as a friend and misleading him into thinking that he has a chance. For normal people, I think they would have understood when SB said she likes SH but its JB that we are talking about. JB probably thinks that if he protects SB to the very end, he will get her. SH would have failed and he would have won. 

I agree with the comments that I think JB will die protecting SB from SA. That would be his redemption and happy ending. SB and SH will finally get their happy ending in this lifetime and I hope SA would realise the folly of her ways. If not, I won't be surprised if SA dies at the end. That's my version of a perfect happy ending but its still early to say. 

I can't wait for next week!

There must be other way and her way is definitely illogical. Bcause for me JB isn't that 'crazy' or out of his mind. When he saw her seemingly having discovered what he did, he just turned away and left. He regretted what he did so he wasn't beyond help and if she 'abandoned' him or kept a distance with him, he wouldn't have gone attacked SH either. Bc SH has already started realizing his feeling and break it off with his fiancee. It's her who called him back and said 'next time this, next time that' right away. I get she wants to help, but to say she's doing all that for the sake of SH or anyone? nahh maybe it's the writer logic but it doesn't make sense at all. that only makes me roll my eyes in frustration cause i know nothing good is gonna come out from that. and at this point i don't wish for either JB or SH dying to save her bc of her stupid actions. JB deserves to start anew and meet someone who'd like him back and will finally find that happiness as 'normal' people. It will take time but i rather see this than his whole life revolving around obsessing and saving SB.

Archived