[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

Honestly after watching tonight's ep, I see potential in this drama but the writer keeps digging plot holes. 

Idk where this drama leads to cuz misunderstanding, strong willed heroine keeps getting herself into trouble, FL innocence in believing "I could change this man to a good guy". 

Imma say this for once: I'll just enjoy what they will give, no thoughts head empty (no need to think of any theory). But surely, i will enjoy Formalin Couple.

It was nice meeting u all for such a brief time:lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

!! OPEN IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING TO TODAY'S EPISODE

Spoiler

Spoiler

SA had lured SB to the empty school building which JB had lured SA to (mind games really). SA had someone knock out SB and held her captive. JB realizes in time and was about to save SB when SH just had to reach in time to witness this (!!!) . SH misunderstood and thought JB had kidnapped SB and fires a shot at him (kind of re-enacting the ending of Ep 2)!!!  JB falls to the ground (bleeding profusely) and starts to recall his memories as GJC. -end-

*THIS WASN'T THE CLIFFHANGER I WAS EXPECTING

Poor JB!!! He was on the track to being nice, wanting to help his father catch the real culprit (aww moment) but sadly was misinterpreted by SH, (whose actions were also understandable due to how it seems like + his impression of JB being a criminal)just like in their previous lives :( hopefully the last 6 episodes resolves everything... i kind of mini-wish SH + JB can join forces and have some little bromance !!

I will translate the preview once it is up!

Omg, I hate this ep!

- I hate JB for not telling the truth even when he had a solid evidence, like evidence what? I'd better playing around & trigerred my enemy left & right including SH. He could give that freakin' evidence to SH & get his name clear, but what? nope, it's too easy, I need some adrenaline rush

- I hate SB & starting to really hate her in this ep, she's just sooo beyond stupid & frustating as a character. Not only she keeps getting all cuddly to JB as if he's some neighboor kid, she's drunk till it got her passed out, alone with JB, & ofc JB won't missed his chance to stole a kiss from her, she woke up in the morning at JB's room (JB sleeps outside though)

- As if she's not stupid enough, then she went to an abandoned school alone after being lured by SA using JB's name, at night, with her phone died. Someone tied her in an empty room & JB found her.

- And ofc it'd lead to SH misunderstood the whole situation as JB was being suspicious as usual & then he shot him to save Sa Bin who passed out, and left him there to die, poor thing. (Then JB start seeing the whole memory GJC had)

Omg, this ep was a mess, am sorry for my ranted here, what a hella frustating ep

2 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

again I didnt understand what happened,  so JB remembered his past life, or what? I mast know  what SH said at the end

I will presume so because this ending looks starkingly similar to how the way things ended in Ep2. We can more or less confirm that JB = JC , SH = HB. So i will rule the soul switch theories out now.

The last part, its actually the voiceover from the first/second episode where HB held HE's hand at the bookstore

:" I vow to HE's parents who are in the heavens that I CHB, will risk my life to protect my bride, JHE right til the end." 

Just now, Plummpychan said:

Omg, I hate this ep!

- I hate JB for not telling the truth even when he had a solid evidence, like evidence what? I'd better playing around & trigerred my enemy left & right. He could give that freakin' evidence to SH & get his name clear, but what? nope, it's too easy, I need some adrenaline rush

- I hate SB & starting to really hate her in this ep, she's just sooo beyond stupid & frustating as a character. Not only she keeps cuddling JB as if he's some neighboor kid, she's drunk till it got her passed out, alone with JB, & ofc JB won't missed his chance to stole a kiss from her, she woke up in the morning at JB's room, well congrats girl, you're on another level.

- As if she's not stupid enough, then she went to an abandoned school alone, at night, with her phone died. Someone tied her in an empty room & JB found her.

- And ofc it'd lead to SH misunderstood the whole situation as JB was being suspicious as usual & then he shot him to save Sa Bin who passed out, and left him there to die.

Omg, this ep was a mess, am sorry for my ranted here, what a hella frustating ep

same sentiments !!@Plummpychan :( 

i thought things could be much more simpler if JB spoke up ? He had evidence, knew SA's relationship with SH, why can't he just tell him?? Or the police?? WHY ACT ALONE oh god...

SB's character is too much of a saint but i understand her intentions of wanting to help her student/ believe she can change him into a better person. But seriously??? She didn't even verify the truthfulness of the message and just proceeded to visit a rundown and spooky empty building alone? my gosh seriously...

I also had this opinion, he just can not be reborn, because his beloved woman cursed his soul, so there is no new beginning for him, so he suffers in this life as he suffered in the past, but maybe if he corrects the mistakes of the past he will be forgiven.

Can the writer just focus on the love triangle? Can the writer write a realistic 2020 Sabin? I mean you could see HE was more realistic compare to Sabin. She cursed him and said the realistic words when she visited GJC in prison. Instead you can see how stupid Sabin is even though she is a professor. The decision that she made cause a lot of misunderstanding.

What a frustrating episode. But I won't drop this drama. I'll keep on watching and swooning over Soohyuk and enjoy formalin sweetness. Hopefully this couple will be an end game. 

Preview Translation:

STH: 3 people went in, but only 2 came out

JB's Mum: Unless you can guarantee there will be no brain damage, i will not agree to the surgery

HM: I know that that person is alive 

SB's friend: I saw CJB at Insadong, I am sure

SH: It's me, HB, CHB

??: SH knows now

JID (the detective): The bookstore where HE is/was, what is it called?

SH/HB: HE-ah...

SA: I thought you said CJB is dead?

STH: Don't die, we have lots to do

This is the first time I have ever had the urge to comment on any Korean drama. This drama is definitely taking us on an emotional rollercoaster leading to a possible heart attack! hehe. 

Did anyone notice JB had the same ringtone as SB when KSH rung it? Just creepy. 

I also notice JB hand no longer trembles in the presence of KSH but now his eye is starting to ache when KSH and SB are together? KSH eye only aches as some kind of warning? his heart aches when he's having strong or concerned feelings when he's with SB? or does it ache in pain for not recognising the other's kindred soul. lol.   ahh... so many theories and grasping at straws and trying to dot the "i's" and crossing the T's. lol. 

It wouldn't surprise me if JB dad is the umbrella killer as he does a good job at covering things up or maybe its to save his image? I think JB Mother is involved somehow. Under rated characters seem to pop out from the wood works. Still does not explained why SA became a killer? She now reminds me of Glen Close (bunny boiler character) from Fatal Attraction!  I know rejection is the calayst for her destructive path now but why did she kill the other lady? 

Also, I hope they catch the real umbrella killer. What a frustrating episode!! :confounded:

KBS Text Preview for Ep 21-22:

Jong-beom who was shot by Soo-hyuk disappears. Sabin feels Jong-beom’s absence and grows distant from Soo-hyuk. Jong-beom who disappeared, appears in front of Sabin one day... Meanwhile, Soo-hyuk loses conscious after seeing the hologram of the restored Donggang corpse 

I just don't know what to expect, but I am exciting to see Soo Hyuk remember his past life,  and I think that's the reason He will see the hologram of his corpse. Maybe we will understand his eye pain. 

9 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Jong-beom who was shot by Soo-hyuk disappears. Sabin feels Jong-beom’s absence and grows distant from Soo-hyuk. Jong-beom who disappeared, appears in front of Sabin one day... Meanwhile, Soo-hyuk loses conscious after seeing the hologram of the restored Donggang corpse 

17 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Thank you for the text preview translation

Sigh, why there's only hardship & sorrow came after them? they grow distant because of JB & SH loose consciousness? I might even become more upset at SB then. Also I dislike seeing that it's HB who remembers everything first when SB is not. It shd be SB who remember their past the first time, not HB, he'll feel lonely there with no one remember him :tears:

So I’m still waiting for the upload of the episode with subtitles....but UM that kiss with between JB and SB made me so angry. Like it’s never ok to kiss someone while they’re passed out drunk and they can’t even consent to it. Basically in that scene they portrayed sexual assault as ok and romantic...LIKE WHAT?!! How is that ever ok in any setting ?!! I’m sorry, but the writer did a lot of injustice by writing such a scene. :rage:

19 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

So I’m still waiting for the upload of the episode with subtitles....but UM that kiss with between JB and SB made me so angry. Like it’s never ok to kiss someone while they’re passed out drunk and they can’t even consent to it. Basically in that scene they portrayed sexual assault as ok and romantic...LIKE WHAT?!! How is that ever ok in any setting ?!! I’m sorry, but the writer did a lot of injustice by writing such a scene. :rage:

He stole her kiss, as he had once stolen in the past to be with her, in the hospital when he held her hand, it was also a stolen moment. He still can't openly confess to her, and he can't kiss her, only steal the kiss.

39 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Thank you for the text preview translation

Sigh, why there's only hardship & sorrow came after them? they grow distant because of JB & SH loose consciousness? I might even become more upset at SB then. Also I dislike seeing that it's HB who remembers everything first when SB is not. It shd be SB who remember their past the first time, not HB, he'll feel lonely there with no one remember him :tears:

I also hope they all remember their past, but for Sa Bіn it's too early, I want
it will be more interesting for the prosecutor to bring back memories of their past  to her, and I want her to remember everything when he puts a wedding ring on her finger.

Archived