[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

Tonight's ep is the battle between two psychos, oml, the amount of danger around our OTP is too much :tears:

- Sang Ah literally straight up went killing the homicide detective & JB witnessed all her doing and took a picture of it.
- Sang Ah & JB hunted eachother down
- Soo hyuk realize his feeling to Sa bin & broke off his engagement, but he's being too honest with Sang Ah, he confess that his proposal to her was directed to Sa Bin X'D omg
- Soo hyuk gives a smartwatch to Sa bin with a direct call button to his phone as very well gps track to monitor her location.
- Sa bin knows that JB took her diary, stalked her & attempted to hurt SH, at first she's being cold to him, but later she's still trying to befriend & teach him the right things to do
- Sa bin goes to old future book store, JB asked her where she is & tells her he'll go to her
- Soo hyuk went to old book store where Sa bin is, he admits his feeling that he's wavering at her too & went asking her if it's ok for him to make sure something (experiment just like Sa bin is) & then he straightup kissing her :wub:

But sadly, we didn't have that  much time to squeal (I need more passionate one, lol) & also
- JB came right after & witnessed it all, he had a flashback of GJC stalking at HB&HE from outside the bookstore when HB tying HE's hair & then his left eye start to hurts

End of episode

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Plummpychan said:

- JB came right after & witnessed it all, he had a flashback of GJC stalked HB&HE from outside the bookstore when HB tied HE hair & his left eye start to hurts

End of episode

I will point out to discuss this. I'm anxious as to why both men left eyes hurt? We had assumed that SH is the reincarnated of HB, more so the skull bones fractured, but did they pointed out that his left eye was injured??? Or that it was just when the both SH & JB "remembered" their pasts live? 

Were both the "souls" inside them interchangeable? Again plausible assumption I made if the writer seek some crazy plot twist to intrigued TV rating. 

1 minute ago, goodbyewinter said:

I will point out to discuss this. I'm anxious as to why both men left eyes hurt? We had assumed that SH is the reincarnated of HB, more so the skull bones fractured, but did they pointed out that his left eye was injured??? Or that it was just when the both SH & JB "remembered" their pasts live? 

Were both the "souls" inside them interchangeable? Again plausible assumption I made if the writer seek some crazy plot twist to intrigued TV rating. 

When HB died, someone mocked his body, his skull was smashed on the left side, injuring his eye. Maybe that's why his eye hurt, this is the last thing HB remembered before his death, maybe he was still alive when someone extracted him.

6 minutes ago, goodbyewinter said:

No, I think at this point there's zero chances their soul is switching.

No doubt that HB=SH 

SH left eye's hurting I think it's from HB's memory post mortem, his skull was brutally damaged at the left part when the corpse was found.

I believe it has something to do with a certain ritual that GJC tried to do to HB's body after his death or to hide his identity so no body will recognize his corpse.

Waaahhhhh . .. .  My SaFo or SaPo couple kissed!!!! It is sweeetttt..... but Directornim, we want a passionate kiss and longer plssss . . . . I really hope and pray that SH and SB will be endgame and that they will marry and live happily together in this lifetime.:):heart:

Hello everyone, it has been a long that I posted here and I am here because of the amazing chemistry between Lee Soo Hyuk and Jin Se Yeon and because of the SaFo couple or shall I say Formaline Couple!:):heart::heart::heart: I want them to be together in the end!!!:):heart:

arghhhh i expect for more passionate kiss when SH goes in for another kiss when he was done for the first one. So sad TT is it bc this drama is a melodrama so they wont give us such a passionate kiss??? please dont make that one is their last kiss please

31 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

The clip for next ep is pretty dark and  creepy. Why did SB fall asleep on JB's shoulder like that.. at this point i imagine maybe he drugged her. Well i hope not.  He's trying to kiss her too while she's unconscious.. :sweatingbullets:  SH ex is getting creepier too.. i can't imagine a violinist being evil they are usually gentle souls lol.. Who would have thought she'll be the real psycho.. 

Seems like SH will gave SB another present next episode inside a box with a ribbon. What a cutie pie ❤️

Episode 19-20 Preview Translation

SB friend: Does Prosecutor Kim like you ?

JB: I am curious what expressions one will make in front of the person you like

SH (i think to SB): I need to protect you.

JB: Do you want to be friends with me?

SH: Do you (maybe referring to murder) want to get away again this time?

SH (i think to JB): She is my woman now.

SB: It is the first time I like a man/guy so much

JB (to SB?): You have to take responsibility

JB: Can i have/own this woman? 

SB friend: There is a stalker hovering around SB.

JB: (that person) is after you Sunbae

SA: Only death is complete possession

JB: The person chosen to be killed, i wont let him/her get away

*finalized translation, there are still parts i can't fully comprehend, please correct me if i am wrong!

Edit: although the previews are kind of misleading, i find SB - JB's interaction still kind of weird? like she knows he stalked her, almost killed someone she like but still keeps him around. I mean i get her intention of wanting to heal/teach him, but i think it may be perceived as sending mixed signals? She is still his teacher in this context and she didn't really draw the boundaries clear. Eitherway, i am looking forward to the next ep !! I hope the reveal all the murder / backstories soon :(  scared of what the crazy fiancee will do 

p.s Anyone watched Netflix's "YOU"? JB kind of give off similar vibes to the main lead in there (but the main lead is way more extreme in that series) 

Ep 17-18 small summaries

Spoiler

So SB realises JB took her diary + stalking app + was behind the stabbing SH incident etc she was kind of disappointed, but still chose to befriend him and educate the right way to express concerns/ be honest with the person he likes (??)

SH was so tsundere lol, he got SB a smartwatch and said it was linked to an emergency contact (supposedly 112/police) but instead was linked to his cellphone number lmao

SA turned out to be the killer (not really surprising, but rather abrupt for me) behind the serial murders + killed the detective (WHAT i was waiting for his reaction when he sees SB). 

Eitherways SA + JB are hunting each other now because JB witness her killing the detective

SH tells SA he wants to call off the wedding because he finds himself attracted to SB. And because of his feelings for SB, SH just blatantly confessed that he realized he had never once loved her and that he was thinking / imagining her to be SB during the proposal scene ... :D LOL (ok seriously, if SA wasn't a murderer in this context, that's kind of harsh man)

SH finally face his feelings and kissed SB at the bookstore (ok i found it random that the bookstore owner wasn't there during the scene) and JB happens to see it. He has flashback of the scene when JC watches HB ties HA hair. 

-end-

1 minute ago, galaxy97 said:

arghhhh i expect for more passionate kiss when SH goes in for another kiss when he is done for the first one. So sad TT is it bc this drama is a melodrama so they wont give us such a passionate kiss??? please dont make that one is their last kiss please

Hey what passionate kiss in pandemic time ? (go to hell COVID19)

22 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

I believe it has something to do with a certain ritual that GJC tried to do to HB's body after his death or to hide his identity so no body will recognize his corpse.

why I didn't think about it before, you're right, he could have come to his senses after the shot, see that she was still alive, and decided to run away with her, but before that he distorted HB's body so that he wouldn't be searched.

41 minutes ago, Rosie20 said:

The clip for next ep is pretty dark and  creepy. Why did SB fall asleep on JB's shoulder like that.. at this point i imagine maybe he drugged her. Well i hope not.  He's trying to kiss her too while she's unconscious.. :sweatingbullets:

This! I hate seeing it, I hope Sa bin won't be that foolish & not learning from her mistake.

She's keeping him near in a too close distance. Like, Sa bin Waeyooo??

And omg, the amount of creepy person around the OTP is too much.

Can we even have any fluttering romance between the OTP without having anyone stalking at them, please?:joy:

I'm dumping this drama.  This is not the drama's fault.  It is because of the atmosphere on this thread where pro-JB posters have multiple times been referred to as "some people" who have unacceptable ideas.  That is a diminishing way of treating people with a different opinion.  I respect that everyone has varying ideas.  But it is one thing to say "okay that's different" and quite another to say "that's really stupid to think that way"  I'm afraid that the attitude here is the latter, and I'm tired of it.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I'm dumping this drama.  This is not the drama's fault.  It is because of the atmosphere on this thread where pro-JB posters have multiple times been referred to as "some people" who have unacceptable ideas.  That is a diminishing way of treating people with a different opinion.  I respect that everyone has varying ideas.  But it is one thing to say "okay that's different" and quite another to say "that's really stupid to think that way"  I'm afraid that the attitude here is the latter, and I'm tired of it.

If you like the drama don't drop it, don't punish yourself for something somebody else has done. Just walk away from the community that upsets you.

I agree with you though, within this drama's fandom there is a bit of "you are silly if you like this and that" going on, which in my opinion should be " I don't like this character/ couple because..." . This approach doesn't target any person, but rather a fictional situation. 

I haven't had a chance to watch today's episode yet so I'm trying to answer the earlier posts and spoilers!

Welcome to the thread fellow JSY fan @Rosie20:relaxed: and thanks for joining the thread @pamela572 :grin:

16 hours ago, thistle said:
Spoiler

Well, I kinda would.  But I love bad broken Byronic heroes (this has proven Not to be a good personal choice on a real-life level, I assure you, when it comes to picking a partner, although I have met some very interesting people). 

All the same I'd rather be around damaged people who have found the courage to change, and I'm never comfortable with people who have perfect lives.  The nastiest, rudest, most selfish people I've ever met were good-looking and aware of it--they don't have to be nice and they know it.

So, yeah, I'd still be rooting for JB, warts and all.  Besides, he DOES look like JKY, and that's a nice bonus since I'm on the other side of the screen and I can hope he's nice in real life.

He doesn't just need redemption.  He needs to be loved by someone.  More than that, he needs to believe that he is worthy of being loved.  So, futile as it may be, I'm gonna keep hoping and, yeah, I'll ship him with the FL just because I can.

15 hours ago, Arcticmama said:
Spoiler

Just a few thought I want to share also. I hope I don't step on anybody else opinion and correct me please if I have missed out something.

I am concentrating more on GC/JB personality as he the one that intrigues me the most (He is like a 'lost' kitty but ferocious like tiger)

I find GC/JB to be an anti-hero type character. He is a mentally unstable person who has never felt love from his family and was ostracized by people around him because he is different from them. I found his actions of crime are motivated by injustices around him,  or he let them to die so they can get resurrected and have a chance of better life, or to help SB/HE due to his affection. Some of his crimes that I've seen he committed in the story

- The lady at the salon who's son she murdered as GC

- the doctor and the security (while trying to escape jail and hospital to go to SB)

- attempted to kill his brother who has  been mean to him (has he hurt him before?)

- and the guy he stabbed after he attacked SH where SB got hurt in the process.

To me his reactions are somewhat similar to (the incredible hulk) in a way, once his sense of injustice gets triggered he totally flips out and go crazy. 

Why I have difficulty putting him totally in bad light, his mental state is due to the mental abuse experienced both in his past and present life and he some redeeming qualities as well.

- In his past life he was a friend to the kid who was murdered by his mom, he even bought him ice cream.

- In the present time he  buried the baby behind the church after his mom murdered him

- He wanted to give his heart to HE in the past so she can live but was thought differently by HB 

- In the present day he still still wanted to protect SB at all cost (He practically assigned himself as her bodyguard without her knowledge aka stalker in order to protect her/obsessing over her).

Now, KSH and CJB to me are similar in that they both don't tolerate injustices, KSH as prosecutor will put them to jail however way he can, and JB on the other hand, with murderous intent. 

I think JB needs to heal before he can be love but definitely he too deserves a chance to be loved.

It would be nice to find out in the end that  present day SB was given GC heart or maybe lay his life for her sake at the end of the story,  then to me their lives would have come full circle. Tragic it may be,  but knowing how SB and KSH love story is flourishing, there doesn't seem to be any room for him in their life.

Story is only but halfway so my opinions can change overtime but right now these are my thought.

I do agree with both of your posts about JC and JB. We have seen they are both capable of being very kind and they are very much a product of their abusive upbringings. That's why i want to see redemption for JB (and justice for JC who may not have killed all those other girls).  i also agree JB deserves the chance to be loved.  Personally, from what we have seen I don't necessarily think a romantic love with SB is going to happen but there are many different types of love and I think the platonic love of friendship, kindness, encouragement, kindness that SB can give him is just as valuable.,  As @Plummpychan said in her post I don't think JB is at a place mentally yet where he can have a healthy romantic relationship.  He needs to address his own issues with a professional and find healing before he is ready for that type of relationship 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I  thought we have had some really good discussions about differing viewpoints on this thread and I particularly liked your recent post about why you ship the two characters. I  thought the overall atmosphere on the thread was very friendly and I'm sorry to hear you feel picked on:( I wish you wouldn't leave the drama and thread just because of a few posts but, of course, it's your decision.

SB... Girl look. You see. JB NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP!

PROFESSIONAL HELP!

She knows everything that he's done up to this point and she's still keeping him around?!

giphy.gif

Girl, bye! Bye and I mean bye! Bye bye bye! She's different from me because I would already be gone! I said this before, I'm not messing with that!

Writers, what are you trying to accomplish here? Redemption arc, so much better. Repeating history, what for?

To be honest, I'm more interested in JB and SB relationship. What makes Sabin have soft corner for JB. Is there a bigger meaning to the scene when GJC hold HA hand and she gets better. I think the answer is Love. GJC madly loved HA, as they say love heals pain, She was healed by GJC love for her. I wouldn't be surprised in future that scene also repeats with JB and SB.  If JB comes out clean and not a murderer then what other SIn's has he done in this life except for stalking SB?

21 minutes ago, Swatkats said:

If JB comes out clean and not a murderer then what other SIn's has he done in this life except for stalking SB?

Well, he tried to kill some people (Kim Soo Hyuk and his brother), which is attempted murder, and that is a crime.

He had luck, he could be a killer now.

But, in fact, they had some kind of connection.

She is understanding, way more than Ha Eun.

Ha Eun, after talked to JC in prison, called him a monster and testified against him in court.
Sabin said she doesn't care about his past, include the maybe murder of the 15-year-old girl.

And the connection can be love, but I agree with @Raziela love is not necessarily a romantic love.

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Personally, from what we have seen I don't necessarily think a romantic love with SB is going to happen but there are many different types of love and I think the platonic love of friendship, kindness, encouragement, kindness that SB can give him is just as valuable., 

1 hour ago, scarletlover1 said:

SB... Girl look. You see. JB NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP!

PROFESSIONAL HELP!

She knows everything that he's done up to this point and she's still keeping him around?!

Lol, I feel your frustation, I'm kinda confused too why would Sa Bin want to keep him in a too close distance even when she knew what he's capable of. I get that she want to teach him for the better, but the way in the preview she keeps being all touchy to him is a no no for me, so unappropriate esp when she know that JB likes her & mentally unstable.

In today's ep there's also a scene when Sa Bin laying in bed at the hospital having some dream & we heard Ha Eun's crying over Hyung Bin who's dead & she survived alone on background.

She sounds really devastated & kinda blaming herself.

I wonder if similiar scenes will happened this time too if anything happened to SH.

But seriously, more than JB, SA is really scary, what's her dealing actually, today she went all cray cray & a total psycho, idk who's in more danger, is it SH or SB :joy:

And the way JB being so calmed when he caught her right handed killing ppl is :joy: too

Yeah, so We know now for sure, Ha Eun didn't die with Hyung Bin and She was looking for his corpse like Soo Hyuk's dream.

So, She probably not the one who buried him. (I already thought that's was not her)

20 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

In today's ep there's also a scene when Sa Bin laying in bed at the hospital having some dream & we heard Ha Eun's crying over Hyung Bin who's dead & she survived alone on background.

I loved their scenes, I loved it! So interesting their dynamics.  JB x SA  - I want more of that.

Two unpredictable people.

20 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

But seriously, more than JB, SA is really scary, what's her dealing actually, today she went all cray cray & a total psycho,

Archived