[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

1 hour ago, SharkDudu said:

actually in one of the ep before (i dun remember which ep), hyemi mentioned to JB that she once rent the house to a genius painter (the house that JB is currently staying) which i assumed could be GJC. so thats mean GJC does have the ability to paint hence could be that the painting HB saw in school is all painted by GJC and not his father.

True, but we were made to believe that this genius painter was GJC father since we only seen "GJC father" who paints & never GJC. HB has said it either that since GJC was dropped out from school so there's no way he can learn to paint.

And they want to mislead us as well by showing the car scene where GJC father asked her secretary (Hyemi) to take care of his son.

But, I think it was GJC alter ego all along.

So now back at the present time, I think maybe it's only a matter of time that JB eventually had to experience similiar situation like GJC.

Will JB able to tame & overcome it unlike GJC?

Will Sa Bin remember what happened in the past & learned some lesson from it to her advantage?

But I think, her meteorite necklace from JB later will come in handy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching Ep. 15 and 16, I think the person who let Sabin's father be disoriented causing him to ran away is Soo Hyuk's GF becoz I saw the one who whispered on his ear is a woman and the one who texted JB while he was in his house is a woman. I think it is SH girlfriend who is manipulating the situation with the help of her Mom?? 

I only want SH and SB to be together!!!:) <3

I really hope SH heart will remember Sabin so that we will have lovey dovey scenes already. Pls writernim let SH and SB be together.:):heart:

As for JB, it is obvious that SB has no feelings for him and what SB feels is only sympathy. By the way, SH gf is creepy and it is as if she is the killer.

Soo Hyuk and Sabin Forever in this drama!:):heart:

I was a little disappointed when SH went to that gangster to show him

that piece of paper.

That was reckless.

I wonder when he will realize how dangerous SA is.

She will  try to harm SB.

Im almost glad that JB is following SB.

So she may be less in danger. :sweatingbullets:

So sad and a little scary...

6 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

that piece of paper.

That was reckless.

So she may be less in danger. 

One think gangsters always have the rules

and as we heard he never touch a women so I'm  sure SB is in save here.

SA is dangerous yes  I'm even think what if she is sister of JC or his daughter, why SB's father said it was JC

when he saw her?  Or she is really JC?  no... its too much

@Plummpychan 

Just to add an information to your theory - GJC serial killer/ alter ego GJC's daddy, in episode 1 when GJC was in hospital.

He was there as Min Yong Ho's guardian, the doctor says - You're his son, right?

After this in the next episode, the doctor says to Hyun Bin - I've seen him before. He 's a guardian for a patient in the intensive care unit. - and said GJC's name, so GJC was really Min Young Ho's guardian, but who the hell is Min Young Ho? Is he GJC's real father?

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

that piece of paper.

That was reckless.

So she may be less in danger. :sweatingbullets:

Haha!  Good point about JB.  At least he wants to keep her safe so even if he is stalking her SB will be safer with him araound than cray cray Sang-Ah:lol:

2 hours ago, jeilopes said:

@Plummpychan 

Just to add an information to your theory - GJC serial killer/ alter ego GJC's daddy, in episode 1 when GJC was in hospital.

He was there as Min Yong Ho's guardian, the doctor says - You're his son, right?

After this in the next episode, the doctor says to Hyun Bin - I've seen him before. He 's a guardian for a patient in the intensive care unit. - and said GJC's name, so GJC was really Min Young Ho's guardian, but who the hell is Min Young Ho? Is he GJC's real father?

In that scene he was just pretending to be Min Young Ho's son so that he could speak to the Doctor.  He had overheard the nurses talking about how that patient was braindead so he was trying to learn more.

1 hour ago, raziela said:

In that scene he was just pretending to be Min Young Ho's son so that he could speak to the Doctor.

If He was just pretending why the doctor said - It was written Gong Ji Cheul in the chart.

His name was in the medical chart. Maybe He was just pretending, but I don’t know that’s made me suspicious.

—————————————-

Still Cuts

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003363910

I love seeing that in their past life it's Hyung Bin who waits patiently for Ha Eun but now in the present time it's the otherway around, Sa Bin is waiting for Soo Hyuk's love ♥♥♥
They gave me butterflies everytime I seen them two together, amazing chemistry

Also, am so happy to see many people went crazy over this pairing & flooding KBS youtube channel with affection (KBS had to know that this drama is so underrated & many people loving this series).
There're so many SH-SB shippers that FMV for them just keeps coming in too (♥♥) I feel content ㅋㅋㅋ

*can't get enough of these two :wub:

js4Nxcr.jpg

One of my fav FMV, their first encounter :rolleyes:

@jeilopes thank you for the cut stills & news link,

Here's the english translation 

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1400831wpp/born-again-love-triangle-heats-up-as-lee-soo-hyuk-breaks-off-engagement-jang-ki-yong-embraces-jin-se-yeon

On May 17, the KBS drama unveiled a sneak peek of its upcoming episode that hints at the intensifying feelings between its three leads. Previously, Kim Soo Hyuk (played by Lee Soo Hyuk) attempted to fight his feelings for Jung Sa Bin (played by Jin Se Yeon) because of his engagement to Baek Sang Ah (played by Lee Seo El), and he even firmly rejected her when she confessed her own feelings to him.

However, after Jung Sa Bin puts herself in harm’s way in order to save his life, Kim Soo Hyuk finds it increasingly difficult to suppress his growing feelings for her, especially after visiting her in the hospital. As seen in the preview aired last week, Kim Soo Hyuk will break off his engagement with Baek Sang Ah, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what exactly caused the typically frosty character to make such a sudden decision.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Kim Soo Hyuk coldly pushes his fiancée away as she attempts to embrace him, suggesting that Baek Sang Ah isn’t ready to give up on their relationship without a fight—and that Kim Soo Hyuk has no intention of backing down from his decision.

Lee-Soo-Hyuk2.jpgLee-Soo-Hyuk-2.jpg

Meanwhile, Chun Jong Bum (played by Jang Ki Yong) underwent a flood of mixed emotions as he watched the woman he loves get stabbed in Kim Soo Hyuk’s place. After seeking her out at the hospital, Chun Jong Bum is caught up in a torrent of emotion and passionately embraces Jung Sa Bin, looking as though he’s desperately afraid she’ll disappear if he lets go for just one second.

The producers of “Born Again” commented, “Please keep an eye on the changing feelings of Chun Jong Bum and Kim Soo Hyuk, both of whom are transforming due to Jung Sa Bin.”

Jang-Ki-Yong2.jpgJin-Se-Yeon1.jpg

The next episode of “Born Again” will air on May 18 at 10 p.m. KST.

Ciy. form @jeilopes post  https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003363910

trans. via google ( correct me if I am wrong.please)

The production team of ‘Born Again’ said, “It would be good to pay attention to the emotional changes of the two men, Chun Jong-beom and Kim Soo-hyuk, who are changing due to Jeong Sa-bin in the play.”

I agree, it was the writer conception to exchange.cross  the lead characters( yes, three of them are leads)  in the time of resurection but:

- It is not seen in LSY yet,.. so we must wait!

- JKY acts with almost the master precision and he is much more visible

- JSY can't find herself in this double rule..yet ( as you remeber JKY's words in the first BTS - "...Sabin is Sabin..." - means no changes)

We , the audience",  are not lost it is..the screenwriter who wants to follow E.Bronte ... what for? 

There is much more better solution to use a story within a story technique to save this interesting drama.

Behind the fabula there is a story about lost, innocent, injured by life lonely people pushed to the margins of society. No hopes for them?Really? - The screenwriter and the director should think about it - kdrama is not only l'art pour l'art - it is also a MESSAGE towards watchers. the audience.

Stay healthy in a good mood:)

-

I just don't understand... I've seen comments on other sites where people are still supporting JB and SB as a couple. Like I understand wanting a redemption arc for him because the writers should have done that in the first place. Instead of fixing his past mistakes, they chose to repeat history.

See they could had done these things instead:

1. Him being a medical student, he would want to help people, even animals. (I almost forgot that time when he wanted to let that puppy die.)
  2. Could have seen him act as a protective younger brother to SB, maybe even SH. I could see a bond between the three of them, be like a little family.
  3. He try to get SB and SH together since HE and HB were engaged in their past lives and didn't get the chance to get married.
  4. Not let his family boss him around or threaten him.
  5. Return things that aren't his and not go through them unless you don't know who the owner is! If you have to look inside for a name then fine! (JB knows exactly what I'm talking about!)
  6. Also not put a tracker on someone's phone! (Still can't process that he even did that...)

What is the point of repeating history? I see a lot of people changing their minds after what happened the last two episodes. People are seeing that he's is back to being a psychopath and stalker but it is way worse this time! But some people still want them to happen! Like how? I mean I understand you can ship who you want but... This is something else...

22 hours ago, jeilopes said:

If He was just pretending why the doctor said - It was written Gong Ji Cheul in the chart.

His name was in the medical chart. Maybe He was just pretending, but I don’t know that’s made me suspicious

Good point. I just went back and watched that part in episode 2 and I see what you mean but I thought he was just pretending.

16 hours ago, Plummpychan said:

They gave me butterflies everytime I seen them two together, amazing chemistry

Also, am so happy to see many people went crazy over this pairing & flooding KBS youtube channel with affection (KBS had to know that this drama is so underrated & many people loving this series).
There're so many SH-SB shippers that FMV for them just keeps coming in too (♥♥) I feel content ㅋㅋㅋ

*can't get enough of these two :wub:

Agreed. Their chemistry  and relationship in both decades is so heart-fluttering:wub: I would really love to see them win a couple award at the KBS Drama awards. Same with acting awards especially JKY as I think he is impressive in this drama particularly as Gong Ji Cheol. Sadly, I think they will likely be overlooked due to the ratings:(

@Plummpychan @SweetButters Here is the Korean viewer post I mentioned earlier which theorises Hye Mi is the Heathcliff character in Born Again (I used Google Translate so some of it is a bit confusing. and I have only copied the part directly related to Hye Mi and Heathcliff)
So who is Heathcliff? He is a person who takes revenge and confirms love with powerful power and wealth ...... Hye-Mi Jang 

I love Cheon Seok Tae, but he was betrayed...

The plot of Wuthering Heights says that Heathcliff, betrayed by love, revenge with his mighty powers.

He appeared in both the past and present lives and has a strong power and wealth (Hye-mi Jang's husband is Chairman Baek Seok. Kim Su-hyuk threatened Seo Tae-ha and said he showed him the letter from Seo Tae-ha).

A person who wants Kim Soo-hyeok to hit Cheon Seok-tae by approaching his son in order to bring down Cheon Seok-tae and wanting him to commit a crime.

Betrayed by love and everything that fits his revenge to hit Heathcliff.

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=bornagain&no=424&page=1

14 hours ago, PeVe said:

There is much more better solution to use a story within a story technique to save this interesting drama.

Behind the fabula there is a story about lost, innocent, injured by life lonely people pushed to the margins of society. No hopes for them?Really? - The screenwriter and the director should think about it - kdrama is not only l'art pour l'art - it is also a MESSAGE towards watchers. the audience.

Very much agreed about what you said about the lost, injured, lonely characters pushed to the margins of society, how the drama seems to be implying there is no hope for them and the writer and director should consider what kind of message they are sending to the audience. 

Sa Bin has a great wardrobe.  She must be getting paid well by the NFS if she is rocking a Marni purse;)

2 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

I just don't understand... I've seen comments on other sites where people are still supporting JB and SB as a couple. Like I understand wanting a redemption arc for him because the writers should have done that in the first place. Instead of fixing his past mistakes, they chose to repeat history.

See they could had done these things instead:

1. Him being a medical student, he would want to help people, even animals. (I almost forgot that time when he wanted to let that puppy die.)
  2. Could have seen him act as a protective younger brother to SB, maybe even SH. I could see a bond between the three of them, be like a little family.
  3. He try to get SB and SH together since HE and HB were engaged in their past lives and didn't get the chance to get married.
  4. Not let his family boss him around or threaten him.
  5. Return things that aren't his and not go through them unless you don't know who the owner is! If you have to look inside for a name then fine! (JB knows exactly what I'm talking about!)
  6. Also not put a tracker on someone's phone! (Still can't process that he even did that...)

What is the point of repeating history? I see a lot of people changing their minds after what happened the last two episodes. People are seeing that he's is back to being a psychopath and stalker but it is way worse this time! But some people still want them to happen! Like how? I mean I understand you can ship who you want but... This is something else...

To be honest, I wonder how many of those people rooting for JB and SB couple would be singing the same tune if JB was short, overweight, sweaty with bad skin and didn't look like Jang Ki Young:lol:

OMG!  These were totally my thought too that they should have written JB's character totally differently instead of making him another disturbed, obsessive loner like his previous life. I really like your suggestions! Or if he was going to go dark then writing his character starting off as a normal guy, actual love rival competition for SH, crushing on SB who gradually finds himself doing these crazy things like following her around, diary stealing and he's shocked and confused about his stalker behaviour and he is genuinely trying to fight his impulses  This life should have been about JC/JB's redemption arc but I don't understand what the writer is doing with his character repeating the same mistakes.  Maybe it will be clearer after this week?  

12 minutes ago, raziela said:

To be honest, I wonder how many of those people rooting for JB and SB couple would be singing the same tune if JB was short, overweight, sweaty with bad skin and didn't look like Jang Ki Young:lol:

I always think about it. I think people are rooting for the actor, not the character. Of course, Jang Ki Young is handsome, but Jang Ki Young is not his character.

In reality, I would be terrified if I attracted someone like Jong Beum, just the idea of someone stalking me and wanting kill someone I like is horrible.

I feel sorry for JB / GJC because all the abuse he has suffered in his life, but He needs medical treatment, not a woman to be obsessed with.

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Well, I kinda would.  But I love bad broken Byronic heroes (this has proven Not to be a good personal choice on a real-life level, I assure you, when it comes to picking a partner, although I have met some very interesting people). 

All the same I'd rather be around damaged people who have found the courage to change, and I'm never comfortable with people who have perfect lives.  The nastiest, rudest, most selfish people I've ever met were good-looking and aware of it--they don't have to be nice and they know it.

So, yeah, I'd still be rooting for JB, warts and all.  Besides, he DOES look like JKY, and that's a nice bonus since I'm on the other side of the screen and I can hope he's nice in real life.

He doesn't just need redemption.  He needs to be loved by someone.  More than that, he needs to believe that he is worthy of being loved.  So, futile as it may be, I'm gonna keep hoping and, yeah, I'll ship him with the FL just because I can.

Just a few thought I want to share also. I hope I don't step on anybody else opinion and correct me please if I have missed out something.

I am concentrating more on GC/JB personality as he the one that intrigues me the most (He is like a 'lost' kitty but ferocious like tiger)

I find GC/JB to be an anti-hero type character. He is a mentally unstable person who has never felt love from his family and was ostracized by people around him because he is different from them. I found his actions of crime are motivated by injustices around him,  or he let them to die so they can get resurrected and have a chance of better life, or to help SB/HE due to his affection. Some of his crimes that I've seen he committed in the story

- The lady at the salon who's son she murdered as GC

- the doctor and the security (while trying to escape jail and hospital to go to SB)

- attempted to kill his brother who has  been mean to him (has he hurt him before?)

- and the guy he stabbed after he attacked SH where SB got hurt in the process.

To me his reactions are somewhat similar to (the incredible hulk) in a way, once his sense of injustice gets triggered he totally flips out and go crazy. 

Why I have difficulty putting him totally in bad light, his mental state is due to the mental abuse experienced both in his past and present life and he some redeeming qualities as well.

- In his past life he was a friend to the kid who was murdered by his mom, he even bought him ice cream.

- In the present time he  buried the baby behind the church after his mom murdered him

- He wanted to give his heart to HE in the past so she can live but was thought differently by HB 

- In the present day he still still wanted to protect SB at all cost (He practically assigned himself as her bodyguard without her knowledge aka stalker in order to protect her/obsessing over her).

Now, KSH and CJB to me are similar in that they both don't tolerate injustices, KSH as prosecutor will put them to jail however way he can, and JB on the other hand, with murderous intent. 

I think JB needs to heal before he can be love but definitely he too deserves a chance to be loved.

It would be nice to find out in the end that  present day SB was given GC heart or maybe lay his life for her sake at the end of the story,  then to me their lives would have come full circle. Tragic it may be,  but knowing how SB and KSH love story is flourishing, there doesn't seem to be any room for him in their life.

Story is only but halfway so my opinions can change overtime but right now these are my thought.

42 minutes ago, Arcticmama said:

It would be nice to find out in the end that  present day SB was given GC heart or maybe lay his life for her sake at the end of the story,  then to me their lives would have come full circle. Tragic it may be,  but knowing how SB and KSH love story is flourishing, there doesn't seem to be any room for him in their life.

Yeah, I kinda like this end.  I would add one more thing in your finale theory, maybe He could born again as Sabin's child. You know, this time He would have a healthy family and the love of their parents.

2 hours ago, Arcticmama said:

I think JB needs to heal before he can be love but definitely he too deserves a chance to be loved.

This I agree, he need a therapist before he's able to have a healthy romantic relationship.

Idk why ppl still want to root him for Sa bin now, because clearly he had things that he shd be looked after & prioritize which's healing himself & not a romantic interest.

I understand that his life is pitiful & he's a product of bad environment too, but when it comes to crime, the reason behind his crime is no longer important for the victim/ victim's family.

Let's say if he succeeds in killing SH, would his mother be okay just because he had this pitiful life as his excuse? When he doesn't seem to understood his own action & not at the right state of mind.

Especially if JB formed a romantic relationship, all I can see is two people's life will get ruined instead of one.

My cousin shared similiar experience with her ex bf who needs a therapy himself & she need to take an extreme measure just to break their relationship, that's why I don't see why anyone would want any of that kind relationship, which's toxic to me. And yes her ex bf is hot & handsome too like JB, but would that really make any difference? :sweatingbullets:

JB is pitiful but I think the only way he'd able to have a better future/ environment is his redemption/ healing him self, it'd be best if both SH&SB able to help him too, but what's more important now is how determined he is to fight his inner instinct.

1 hour ago, jeilopes said:

I would add one more thing in your finale theory, maybe He could born again as Sabin's child. You know, this time He would have a healthy family and the love of their parents.

This also comes to my mind once & I think I like the idea 

Archived