[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

12 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

I watched with subtitles.

Hye Mi and Jong Beum had a weird talk with Hye Mi, but Hye Mi always had weird talks.

Soo Hyuk is gonna investigate Jong Beum and He doesn't care with the prosecutor anymore.

Soo Hyuk is kind of fascinated with Ha Eun polaroid, it looks he noticed how Ha Eun is similar to Sabin.

Jongbeum is trying to be normal, but He really is a staker, unhealthy.

And indeed Jongbeum teases the guy to attack Soo Hyuk, after Sabin cried and said that her heart was in pain.

Soo Hyuk put a guy (I think he is a detetive) to protect Sabin, after read the paper threatening Sa Bin and her daddy. 

Before He asked her if She knows how to fight. HAHAHAHA

I don't know why He didn't appear in the last scene, maybe all happened too fast.

Sabin discovered about this note reading her daddy notebook.

Soo Hyuk thought the note was from the guy that left jail, he said to this guy to leave Sabin alone, but I think He showed to this guy that Sabin is his weak point.

@jeilopes Couldn't have said it better myself haha!

Just watched the episode with subs finally too.....

The interaction between SH and JB...wow....haha like SH something along the lines of

SH: Don't you think that makes you a stalker?

JB :Don't you think it's wrong to be dating two women at the same time?

^ they were clapping back to each other hard!!!

Yea I definitely agree with you on how SH going to the NSF office definitely showed that guy that SB is his weakness. I love the whole similarity of SH wanting to protect SB to that of the same need to do so in their former life! 

Did anyone else notice how that song playing in the car which SB turns up the volume is the same song from the window scene in their former life when Ha Eun gives HB a portable cassette player with his favorite song ? SO SWEET :love:

Other thoughts I had about this episode was the central book mentioned over and over again which is Wuthering Heights. Now I haven't read that book in probably a decade now, but I remember the major characters and themes. Basically the book is centered around exploring the different kinds of love and the results of its intensity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I thought was pretty cool was when JB asks her about why he likes/loves a man who's prone to change [aka SH]. To which, SB asks him "dont you want to change?" and he says "no". In Wuthering Heights, there is two main parallel love stories: 

1) Catherine and Heathcliff: Basically their story ends up with a destructive kind of love that doesn't ever change. Catherine ends up marrying Edgar because she wanted a safer and more quiet life and ends up having a daughter named after her aka Young Catherine/Cathy. 

2) Young Catherine/Cathy and Hareton: Their love story ends up being better and more well balanced because at first their relationship was one filled with contempt, but later on grows/evolves/changes to love.

So basically the drama is going the route of how their past life was reflective of the love triangle between Edgar[HB], Catherine[Ha Eun], Heathcliff [JC]. Now in their current life, it's going on the route of the other parallel love story of Young Catherine/Cathy and Hareton where SB is Young Catherine/Cathy,  SH is Hareton, and I'm guessing JB is Linton [son of Heathcliff and Isabella Linton] .

Haha so just read "Wuthering Heights" if you want to figure out what will happen next lol.:joy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to me that basically Hye Mi is like the puppet master in all of this [from telling SH he should investigate JB to asking JB about Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights to asking her daughter if that's a man that seems to be ready to get married]! Then again her daughter is just as manipulative too with the whole putting that note in SB's father's pocket. Can't wait until next week when SH breaks it off with her :)!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, but I still like the drama. I hope things will end differently, instead of the tragedy that happened in the previous life. Sabin and Soo hyuk can finally fulfill their past life promises ad of course their love. And I still hope a redemption for Jongbeum.

24 minutes ago, Annya said:

Although all actors are doing good job in drama ,but i am not getting the point of drama and where the drama is going ?The preset 2020  is very similar to past 1988, i mean the story of 1st three episode is coming in modern version in recent episodes.I though maybe soul switch was going to happen in current time they did give hint in few episode but suddenly took U turn.Was writer trying to confuse us or he or she is confused herself.Whats the difference between past and present story and character.The story is going same way as past.I am not getting what exactly writer is trying to tell us to watch.What's the purpose of them getting born again ?Already 8 episode are over.

So, I think that in the 80’s line...JC had multiple personalities kinda like Mr. Robot. His “Father” was really his alter ego, and JC main personality was innocent and childlike. I JB current incarnation is a psychopath of some sort via genetics. His mother is obviously a psychopath, his brother is a psychopath,  and so it is obviously genetic. He is trying very hard to “mimic” human behavior. SB knows he is a psychopath and is trying to encourage him to get in touch with his better nature, and to reject his base instincts. She understands that he literally doesn’t know any better, and can’t help his tendencies but that he can choose a better path. That is what is so sad about JB in his current incarnation. JC was a killer due to trauma. A sensitive person tortured to the point of dissociating with reality. Truly tragic. JB is a born psychopath, but trying to do better. He does not know what love is. He is obsessed with SB, because she makes him feel empathy, and she knows what he is, and tries to embrace him anyway.  I am kinda disappointed that their current incarnations are so similar, and on almost the same trajectory. I hope there is redemption for JB. 

I still don’t know how the “butterfly cult” fits into all this. I know that JB had an obsession with “resurrection “ and that is what the butterfly signifies, but I don’t know how this is gonna tie together in our story.

I am enjoying this drama, even though I feel like the writing could be a bit tighter. I find myself rooting for JB, maybe just because his story is the most interesting. SH character is a bit boring. SB character is a bit saccharine. The actors are doing well. I feel like they dropped the reincarnation fossil mystery and we haven’t heard about it again. It’s a shame. The premise is a good one, but poorly executed. It’s a waste of some really good actors. I’m hanging on for them, even though I freaking hated Wuthering Heights. People always talked about how romantic it was, but I thought it was just awful. I hated Catherine, and I ended up hating Heathcliffe at the end. Catherine’s husband was just kind of “there”. Catherine dies in childbirth halfway through the book....I hated it. I hope this Heathcliffe hets a happier ending.

2 hours ago, JelliKelli said:

So, I think that in the 80’s line...JC had multiple personalities kinda like Mr. Robot. His “Father” was really his alter ego, and JC main personality was innocent and childlike. I JB current incarnation is a psychopath of some sort via genetics. His mother is obviously a psychopath, his brother is a psychopath,  and so it is obviously genetic. He is trying very hard to “mimic” human behavior. SB knows he is a psychopath and is trying to encourage him to get in touch with his better nature, and to reject his base instincts. She understands that he literally doesn’t know any better, and can’t help his tendencies but that he can choose a better path. That is what is so sad about JB in his current incarnation. JC was a killer due to trauma. A sensitive person tortured to the point of dissociating with reality. Truly tragic. JB is a born psychopath, but trying to do better. He does not know what love is. He is obsessed with SB, because she makes him feel empathy, and she knows what he is, and tries to embrace him anyway.  I am kinda disappointed that their current incarnations are so similar, and on almost the same trajectory. I hope there is redemption for JB. 

I still don’t know how the “butterfly cult” fits into all this. I know that JB had an obsession with “resurrection “ and that is what the butterfly signifies, but I don’t know how this is gonna tie together in our story.

I am enjoying this drama, even though I feel like the writing could be a bit tighter. I find myself rooting for JB, maybe just because his story is the most interesting. SH character is a bit boring. SB character is a bit saccharine. The actors are doing well. I feel like they dropped the reincarnation fossil mystery and we haven’t heard about it again. It’s a shame. The premise is a good one, but poorly executed. It’s a waste of some really good actors. I’m hanging on for them, even though I freaking hated Wuthering Heights. People always talked about how romantic it was, but I thought it was just awful. I hated Catherine, and I ended up hating Heathcliffe at the end. Catherine’s husband was just kind of “there”. Catherine dies in childbirth halfway through the book....I hated it. I hope this Heathcliffe hets a happier ending.

@JelliKelli I think the best way to look at this whole series is by looking at some common themes:

1) Love and Its Intensity:

-Hye Mi even brought it up in the latest episode when she tells Sang-A "Love? Its not love when its not returned back, its called OBSESSION"

-HB loved Ha Eun, but even though his love were more pure and socially acceptable... it was still kinda overprotective and obsessive 

-JC loved Ha Eun, but his love for her caused him to murder that lady

- In either cases, both HB and JC's love for Ha Eun, caused all three to have destructive endings.

2) Resurrection:

-Symbolism of Resurrection: Red Strings/Ropes/Cords and Butterflies

-You ask how this all ties in? I mean its pretty obvious from the title "Born Again". As shown in a some scenes, JC keeps coming back to life over and over again....so for now it may be assumed that possibly JC is still alive?

-Butterflies morph right? They change from how they were in a previous life and grow into a different form. So maybe this killer uses this symbol on his victims because he/she feels its representative of him/her. So the question is who in this series would feel that way?

3) Human/Beast

-I think throughout the episodes so far, some characters keep asking the question "What makes you human and what makes you a beast". 

-In ep 3-4 Ha Eun even tells JC he is not a human, but a beast after he admits to everything. And I think she even says how beasts can be reincarnated after JC kills HB. 

-The whole human/beast theme is again brought up in the latest episodes like for example in the whole part of SH's dad committing suicide and also how in that scene with SH and that mob boss where SH says how he only deals with beasts and how revenge is what humans do, but what that boss does is what beasts do. 

-If you want to relate it to Wuthering Heights though, Bronte was trying to communicate the idea that you can't be both human or beast, you're either one or the other. 

-Other ways you can look at is that since JC was treated like an animal, he just accepted it and acted like one. 

-Big question in the show is what is their definition of what counts as being human and what counts as being a beast

-In Born Again, they kinda pushed the idea that only humans who do good acts and are regretful is they do bad acts [having morals, rationality, and knowing the difference between good and evil] are the ones who are reborn while beasts classified as those who dont have those qualities and are therefore should not reborn.

4) Revenge

-Does anymore needed to be said here?

-Basically every character in this series wants some sort of revenge on each other from Sang-A on SB because she thinks SB is stealing SH or that mob guy on SH

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha I totally did not think Wuthering Heights was romantic at all!!! I thought it was like more informative about the many different kinds of love there is and how Bronte portrays in her views what good love or destructive love or creepy love is lol. The whole line from book that HB wants to propose with is not romantic at all by any means!! I was like seriously that quote he was using is creepy af because originally in the book Heathcliff says it to Catherine and she says how her and Heathcliff are the one and the same so later like Heathcliff was all kinds of cray cray and wanted to be decomposing with her dead body since they were "one and the same" haha like EWWWWWWW 

I feel like Ha Eun/SB are just doing the same stuff that got them in trouble in the first place which is putting people on a pedestal sort of deal. Its like please wake up and smell the coffee!!!

With JB, sure he's searching for his identity, but like seriously I feel like he thinks loving and having SB will give him an identity. However, I think what he needs to do is become more independent before he can be inter-dependent on someone else romantically. Loving someone does not make up all of who you are and you shouldn't let your love for someone else consume you which is what JB does. I mean yea he's given an opportunity to change and be better, but like literally  right after SB tells him she believes he can do better...he goes off and  manipulates that guy to try and kill SH which ends up going horribly wrong and SB gets stabbed instead. Basically what's real love, obsession, or madness I guess is what also this series is trying to differentiate between lol. 

JB's entire family is richard simmons weird....his mom seems to be aware of exactly what both her son's been up to....she only acted after one nearly died...what was that all about?? I no longer can blame Jung Beom...when 1 person in a family is weird, it can be accident, 3 people can't be all weird, its then inherited. Also pretty sure that writer is trying to move chess pieces for sake of writing another book...and JB knows it...they both gave each other veiled threats....that was the interesting part for me........as for Sa Bin and Soo Hyuk, would it kill both to act their part with bit more emotions. 

i came after watching the subbed latest episode. Dude ,i think JB has lost control over himself? He is taking the path JC took in his previous life. He believes getting rid of SH will be the best for SB (Just like how JC thought of killing someone to get a heart for HE). I mean the intentions are right, but the methods are just too extreme!!! Yet again in both lives, JB/JC doesn't care if this was what SB/HE wanted... at this point of time i don't think it will make any sense if the writer makes SB & JB end up together after all that he has done. I do hope he finally comes to realize that he should live for himself and not for others.

As for SA, do you guys think she is the person sending the messages (as GJC?). I mean SB's dad reacted so violently after his interaction with her. Even if she isn't the real GJC, i guess there might be a link or a cult involved for the killings? If not, probably she just wanted to threaten SB for being around SH? But it doesn't seem to be that simple...

I hope they also reveal the backstory as to how JC survived? And how he suddenly became so vicious? We are halfway into the series but there seem to be increasing dangers surrounding SH/SB. Lets hope for a happy ending everyone :) 

**side note i found it cute when SH ran to the NFS for SB but pretended to be cold once he made sure she was safe + at the end the look he had when he walked towards drunk SB :wub:

4 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

JB's entire family is richard simmons weird....his mom seems to be aware of exactly what both her son's been up to....she only acted after one nearly died...what was that all about?? I no longer can blame Jung Beom...when 1 person in a family is weird, it can be accident, 3 people can't be all weird, its then inherited. Also pretty sure that writer is trying to move chess pieces for sake of writing another book...and JB knows it...they both gave each other veiled threats....that was the interesting part for me........as for Sa Bin and Soo Hyuk, would it kill both to act their part with bit more emotions. 

@Nymeria289! You're so right about that! I dont know why, but I think JB's father [Chief Prosecutor] is in that cult of JC's dad aka Kong In Woo!!

Literally while rewatching ep.1 I noticed a few things and came up with a few new theories:

1) Hye Mi (Sang-A's mom) was one of the followers of Kong In-Woo (ep.1 car scene)...probably still is a devoted follower

2) Man in the front passenger seat who's face you don't actually see is probably JB's current father figure the Chief Prosecutor (ep.1 car scene)

3) Original JC never actually died haha...like he became cursed to live forever? Like seriously after the whole supposed gun shot wound to the head and then hanging? Like really JC/JB you survived all of that?!

4) Hye Mi brings JB to live in the same apartment as he had previously lived as JC  (found it interesting in Ep.1 Kang In Woo tells Hye Mi to make sure to take care of JC/JB)

5) Hye Mi probably brought back Kong In-Woo (JC's crazy murderous dad who said in ep1 that he was leaving Korea) and that's why murders are starting up again; Plus there's that scene in ep 11-12 or ep.13-14 showing an old man's hand turning off the tv and with Hye Mi's book on the table.

6) I'm thinking JC probably was the one that smashed in HB's skull....because I mean I found it funny how JC's scar was on the left side of his face and that's where HB's skull is smashed in at. Probably didn't ever want for Ha Eun/SB to find HB/SH in next few lifetimes because as SB had said about how the skull was probably smashed in because they person who did it, didn't want anyone to be able to identify the bones/person. Plus maybe JC wanted to punish HB, but indirectly was punishing himself by recreating the thing he had hated about himself which was that scar on his left eye.

7) Some timeline stuff....HB and Ha Eun died on January 25th 1988 and JC was hanged on June 15th 1988. So there's probably some stuff that is left out between January and June that could explain how HB's body was buried the way it was. 

8) There's no way the Chief Prosecutor and Hye Mi do not recognize both SH and SB in this lifetime. Both Chief Prosecutor and Hye Mi were central players in that trial [Hye Mi if you guys remember was JC's lawyer and the prosecutor prosecuting JC is the now Chief Prosecutor]. I mean sure some of us probably can't remember what we ate yesterday, but I'm pretty sure if I was a lawyer in a big case to put away a famous serial killer, I would remember the faces of the only witness and her detective boyfriend who caught the suspected serial killer lol.

6 hours ago, whiteclover said:

**side note i found it cute when SH ran to the NFS for SB but pretended to be cold once he made sure she was safe + at the end the look he had when he walked towards drunk SB :wub:

Ikr??? I'm weak by all that, hahaha, can't wait to see his soft side & to see him smiling more often.

Also, that hand holdings at the lake scenes to me was to die for, I find it very manly & sexy esp hearing his deep voice too in the background.

Excuse me while adding the view of it :wub:

https://giphy.com/gifs/QTgcqEXJGY3KxYtWDZ

(Idk how to show/ embeded a pic/gif into post)

If a simple hand holdings can already make me weak as it is, imagine if we get the OTP romance for real? Hahaha I can't wait for that :love: but first, why so many obstacles infront of them? sigh

I am on the verge of loosing hope on my ship,  I'm in the minority but I really want to see JSY and JKY paired together.:tears: 

?scode=mtistory2&fname=https%3A%2F%2Fk.kakaocdn.net%2Fdn%2FdhoPoI%2FbtqD5I9a36n%2Fv7k0QvzT34rDHRWxkU1WCK%2Fimg.gif

Gif credit: lighthoney on twitter

I got this article on twitter... how I wish ,,

3 hours ago, Swatkats said:

I am on the verge of loosing hope on my ship,  I'm in the minority but I really want to see JSY and JKY paired together.:tears: 

Yes, this is the first article where the actors were selected for other roles, but then something changed and the roles were divided as we see it now, I thought too, and then an article with corrections came out.I have to say that I really like the new version of the distribution of roles, because I'm a big fan of Lee Soo Hyok, he deserves the first lead role and all his fans have been waiting for this for a long time.

41 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Yes, this is the first article where the actors were selected for other roles, but then something changed and the roles were divided as we see it now, I thought too, and then an article with corrections came out.I have to say that I really like the new version of the distribution of roles, because I'm a big fan of Lee Soo Hyok, he deserves the first lead role and all his fans have been waiting for this for a long time.

I think JSY have great chemistry with both actors actually. But having seen them in their current roles in the show, it's hard to imagine if their roles were switched... haha (imagine LSH being GJC/CJB and JKY being CHB/KSH)

I understand that you really appreciate JKY's work and you want him to be FL's love interest, but you know I think he's doing a great job.The scene in the mirror, wow, that was wonderful, it scares me too much. He's an unbelievable good actor.

And I think LSH is also doing an excellent job, I can't imagine LSH in his 30s as a college student, so I think KSH suits him better.

I just want to say that I love the actors and we need to separate things. JB is a complicate role and it is a challenge to make him alive, praises to JKY.

3 hours ago, Swatkats said:

21 hours ago, jeilopes said:

I don't know, but I still like the drama. I hope things will end differently, instead of the tragedy that happened in the previous life. Sabin and Soo hyuk can finally fulfill their past life promises ad of course their love. And I still hope a redemption for Jongbeum.

I didn't say i didn't like drama :) I am saying where exactly is the story taking us? It's not that HE and HB were not together becz of JC in past.HE rejected HB proposal becz of her heart condition which was getting worse.Although JC was stalking her in past but i don't think he knew abt her heart condition.In current time too she has heart condition. For me all 3 are responsible for there own mess and fate.HE should have accepted HB proposal and lived her life rather then thinking abt future or health concern.JC never wanted to marry her in past or was thinking harming her boyfriend his intention of saving HE and giving her heart made him serial killer.HB was detective he clearly knew after that interrogation that JC knew abt HE for long time, if JC was serial killer he had lots of opportunity to kill HE.But he was blinded by his own love and concern.Hope this time fate is good to all 3 of them.But i didn't see it coming so i raised the question.

17 hours ago, JelliKelli said:

Agree with bold part and i want to see how JB part ends in current time more then anything.Even in his past his family was worse even in current time too.I read this drama genre was mystery and thriller rather then romantic.

1 hour ago, Annya said:

I didn't say i didn't like drama :) I am saying where exactly is the story taking us? It's not that HE and HB were not together becz of JC in past.HE rejected HB proposal becz of her heart condition which was getting worse.Although JC was stalking her in past but i don't think he knew abt her heart condition.In current time too she has heart condition. For me all 3 are responsible for there own mess and fate.HE should have accepted HB proposal and lived her life rather then thinking abt future or health concern.JC never wanted to marry her in past or was thinking harming her boyfriend his intention of saving HE and giving her heart made him serial killer.HB was detective he clearly knew after that interrogation that JB knew abt HE for long time, if JB was serial killer he had lots of opportunity to kill HE.But he was blinded by his own love and concern.Hope this time fate is good to all 3 of them.But i didn't see it coming so i raised the question.

this drama is a kind of version of the  Wuthering Heights  a classic story of love, which without reciprocity grows into revenge and obsession, it is no longer a healing force that makes a person better, love is the impetus for the destruction and destruction of everything. But even after killing and destroying everything, the hero curses his beloved and says
that there will be no peace for you after death, while I am still on this earth, he shouts every night and begs her to come and take him with her. it perfectly depicts the protagonist of the Wuthering Heights , but the heroine of the book was rather cruel and narcissistic, rather than tender and romantic. The finale of the book is tragic for the negative characters,
but he is happy for true love.

If we see JC  as a sick person, then yes, I can justify his actions because he did not realize what he was doing, but did he really not realize? Just as now, does JB not really realize what he is doing wrong in persecuting and protecting SB like that?  e may not really realize it because he is unable to feel compassion, pain, fear, joy and even love, he calls it love, but does he know what it is?

3 hours ago, jeilopes said:

I understand that you really appreciate JKY's work and you want him to be FL's love interest, but you know I think he's doing a great job.The scene in the mirror, wow, that was wonderful, it scares me too much. He's an unbelievable good actor.

And I think LSH is also doing an excellent job, I can't imagine LSH in his 30s as a college student, so I think KSH suits him better.

I just want to say that I love the actors and we need to separate things. JB is a complicate role and it is a challenge to make him alive, praises to JKY.

Actually I am a JSY fan. Watched Queen love and war on facebook, a small clip of the girls running for queen competition. That 10 minutes clip made me google and find its title and watch the entire 16 episodes in a week:P Then started following JSY to find out there is a new show called Born again. I was soo caught up with Enbo and Lee Kyung. After I started watching Born again I was introduced to JKY, I was amazed by him in few scenes, it really was heart touching. So now I'm rooting for JSY and JKY scenes because I loved them as their characters.

1 hour ago, Swatkats said:

After I started watching Born again I was introduced to JKY, I was amazed by him in few scenes, it really was heart touching.

JKY is the reason I'm following this drama.  He was so brilliant in Come and Hug Me because he showed so many sides to his character:  sometimes confident, sometimes vulnerable, sometimes frightening, always alert and watchful.  These are all aspects that appear to be present in his current characters, too.

I'm still just waiting for the finale before I watch but, yeah, I want JKY to be the FL's love interest.  May not happen but I'm still just waiting.  

.....Also want to say this:  Love all the theories and spoilers that everyone is posting.  Thanks!

9 hours ago, whiteclover said:

I think JSY have great chemistry with both actors actually. But having seen them in their current roles in the show, it's hard to imagine if their roles were switched... haha (imagine LSH being GJC/CJB and JKY being CHB/KSH)

@whiteclover I sort of think the roles that they are currently in is more fitting? Who exactly is the male lead ? Is it just both of them or is LSH the main male lead?

--------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

this drama is a kind of version of the  Wuthering Heights  a classic story of love, which without reciprocity grows into revenge and obsession, it is no longer a healing force that makes a person better, love is the impetus for the destruction and destruction of everything. But even after killing and destroying everything, the hero curses his beloved and says
that there will be no peace for you after death, while I am still on this earth, he shouts every night and begs her to come and take him with her. it perfectly depicts the protagonist of the Wuthering Heights , but the heroine of the book was rather cruel and narcissistic, rather than tender and romantic. The finale of the book is tragic for the negative characters,
but he is happy for true love.

If we see JC  as a sick person, then yes, I can justify his actions because he did not realize what he was doing, but did he really not realize? Just as now, does JB not really realize what he is doing wrong in persecuting and protecting SB like that?  e may not really realize it because he is unable to feel compassion, pain, fear, joy and even love, he calls it love, but does he know what it is?

@Oksana Sutra I mean there were certain happy endings for Young Catherine and Hareton in Wuthering Heights. Yea sure those two had a contemptuous relationship in the beginning, but later on they realized they loved each other. Their love for each other was different and had greatly contrasted to that of Catherine and Heathcliff. Their love wasn't obsessive and destructive because it had changed and evolved. In contrast to Heathcliff and Catherine, their love never changed, it just remained pretty much the same kind of destructive, all consuming, and obsessive sort of love. 

In the beginning scene of eps 15-16, the exchange between JB and Hey Mi goes something along the lines of where JB says to Hye Mi that "dogs will choose their owner" much like later how JB says "I only love the ones I choose" as a way to almost show that he is more of a beast than human. This was further reinforced by the fact that then he says how he wouldn't ever change. To which SB says "you're human too aren't you" indicating that the difference between human and beast is that humans are those who have the ability to change. 

7 hours ago, Annya said:

I didn't say i didn't like drama :) I am saying where exactly is the story taking us? It's not that HE and HB were not together becz of JC in past.HE rejected HB proposal becz of her heart condition which was getting worse.Although JC was stalking her in past but i don't think he knew abt her heart condition.In current time too she has heart condition. For me all 3 are responsible for there own mess and fate.HE should have accepted HB proposal and lived her life rather then thinking abt future or health concern.JC never wanted to marry her in past or was thinking harming her boyfriend his intention of saving HE and giving her heart made him serial killer.HB was detective he clearly knew after that interrogation that JC knew abt HE for long time, if JC was serial killer he had lots of opportunity to kill HE.But he was blinded by his own love and concern.Hope this time fate is good to all 3 of them.But i didn't see it coming so i raised the question.

Agree with bold part and i want to see how JB part ends in current time more then anything.Even in his past his family was worse even in current time too.I read this drama genre was mystery and thriller rather then romantic.

@Annya Not sure if maybe you're not understanding the episodes? In episodes 3-4, Ha Eun did accept HB's proposal since you can see her in that scene traveling on the train to go to the church where they are planning to get married. JC did know about her heart condition....hence why he ends up murdering that hair cutter shop lady and studies about heart transplants or whatever. He did kill someone so that Ha Eun could get a heart transplant. JC did want to marry her hence why he imitated HB with the whole writing on pg 123 "will you be my wife Ha Eun". Originally JC wasn't a serial killer, it was hit artist father who was the one that murdering all those women with the yellow umbrellas. 

Maybe you should go back and rewatch some episodes because I think you're missing a lot of important parts in the drama? In doing so, I think you can maybe deduce where this show is going. 

So pretty much the evolution of the three main characters are:

1) Ha Eun/SB: 1988 version was much more innocent and acted more of a damsel in distress. 2020 version is a lot more outspoken and confident. In both versions, she is always a teacher of some sort, loves books, and gives people too much trust.

2) HB/SH: 1988 version was a lot warmer and sweet in terms of personality. 2020 version is the complete opposite with being super cold and ruthless. In both versions, he is always in law enforcement of some sort and always carries a fountain pen.

3) JC/JB:1988 version was a creepy stalker who experienced unrequited love, didn't know how to paint, and interested in medicine2020 version pretty much remains the same as 1988 version with the exception that he can paint now lol. In both versions, he's just plain creepy and chasing after a girl who doesn't feel the same about him lol. 

Point System for SH and SB saving each other: 

SH : +1 Car Accident, +1 Lake, + 1 Parking Lot

SB: +1 Parking Lot and +1 Gangster Guy

^So pretty much SH is beating SB in terms of who's saving who more haha. Thought that it was pretty cool how in their previous life Ha Eun probably wouldn't be as brave to do that for HB. Now in their current life, SB is a lot braver. For example, she was the first one to confess her feelings for him and the first one to kiss him haha. 

Jang Ki Yong + Jin Se Yeon’s Relationship Changes After She Saves Lee Soo Hyuk’s Life On “Born Again”

Get ready for some dramatic changes in the relationships between the three protagonists of “Born Again”!

Spoiler

On the previous episode of the KBS drama, Jung Sa Bin (played by Jin Se Yeon) bravely saved Kim Soo Hyuk (played by Lee Soo Hyuk)’s life by throwing herself between him and an assailant wielding a knife. As Chun Jong Bum (played by Jang Ki Yong) looked on in horror, Jung Sa Bin was stabbed instead of Kim Soo Hyuk.

On May 14, “Born Again” unveiled new stills from its upcoming episode that hint at the changing dynamics between its three leads. As the injured Jung Sa Bin recovers in the hospital, Kim Soo Hyuk is unable to hide his emotion as he sits by her bedside and watches over her with a deeply concerned expression. Although the cold Kim Soo Hyuk had previously suppressed his feelings for Jung Sa Bin and rejected her due to his engagement, the sincerity in his gaze suggests that he may be slowly opening his heart to his rescuer.

Lee-Soo-Hyuk-Jin-Se-Yeon1.jpg

Meanwhile, the relationship between Chun Jong Bum and Jung Sa Bin appears to have taken a turn for the worse. In contrast to the warmth of the affection that was previously developing between the two, Jung Sa Bin is noticeably cold as she turns her gaze away from Chun Jong Bum in the hospital. Meanwhile, Chun Jong Bum looks genuinely hurt at the frosty demeanor of the woman he loves, raising the question of what could have caused such a sudden change in their dynamic.

Jin-Se-Yeon-Jang-Ki-Yong3.jpg

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1400165wpp/jang-ki-yong-jin-se-yeons-relationship-changes-after-she-saves-lee-soo-hyuks-life-on-born-again

Archived