[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

1 hour ago, GingerK said:

I just have to say I'm not sure I believe they brought in new writers. Me thinks they might feel bad for the writer and made that ish up. Because it already had a too many hard to swallow moments with JB & SB. It makes no sense that they would bring in two new writers and it was a garbled, irrational mess.

I hate open ending finale.  Its totally unwarranted.  As I have said before and with so many comments from the fans/viewers, the writer(s) should either stay on course to develop characters, OR shorten the nbr of episodes.  As they continue to drag the storyline.. its kinda of getting from what is a already BAD drama to WORSE drama for the 3 leads.  Among with 3 of them, JSY got the worse hit as HE/SB character are so screwed up and the writer/director did a roller coaster job on her dual characters.  I hope they forget this BA drama, recharge and look for positive drama in the near future.  Good luck and ALL the best to the 3 leads and the rest of the cast and crew who did a wonderful job and struggle on to the very last minute.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

aside, the ending clip on Youtube... haha the comments section are insane + dislikes > likes. I wonder if JKY/LSH will actl post anything about the drama? because it seems like JSY (and her staff) are the only more active ones on social media ??

She and her staff are really more active than the guys. She has a Twitter too and she is gonna do a live in V app today.

To see some photos of them, we need to look for their staff (kinda of discover who is their staff :sweat_smile:) or wait for their agency 

I am having heartache reading all these live recaps (and thanks all!) for the last 2 episodes. I believe this bitterness and sadness will stay with me (and in my HEART) for a while. I wish all memories of this drama can be erased too though I highly doubt I will ever be able to erase such a "masterpiece" this life.  

6 hours ago, Haeun said:

If it only was that easy, I can't even listen to the beautiful OST without feeling frustrated.

I asked myself many times since 3 weeks ago why did I start this drama? Just why??? Like you, I started with no expectations and I am not a fan of any of the leads. I started watching because the synopsis seems interesting. And before I realize it, I became invested in it. And as I think back now, this is almost 2 months (not just 14 or 16 hours!) of my time taken away by this drama (cos' I will look forward to next weeks' episodes and would look at all your interesting analyses on this page in the meanwhile). I really need to self reflect on this, and learn from this horrifying experience. Never give my HEART away so easily! 

The eternal love theme plus LSH's convincing acting (where I can relate to what the character is expressing; he knows who is THE one and only soulmate for him despite two lifetimes) coupled with the undeniable chemistry between LSH and JSY as HB/HE and SH/SB. I am captivated and grown attached to the drama. This in spite of all the massive and complex plot lines the writer has planted since the start of the drama. Afterall, it is not a drama on love only. 

5 hours ago, whiteclover said:

@ErikaJ @thingskateknows ikr ! Actually before the start, just by looking at the casting and character descriptions alone, i was quite sure SB was gonna end up with JB? But i was totally sold by the eternal love plot at the first two episodes. Couple it with HE’s vows, voila im in. I continued watching, without much expectations because like everyone, i was confused who the leading man was. And then they spent the next 8 episodes, showing SB x SH and how SB tries to draw her r/s with JB (seemingly non-existent tho) and telling JB her feelings for SH won’t change. LOL biggest joke was to ever trust HE/SB’s stupid vows. 

and another thing was the double standards placed across between the male leads. Sure both men had did regrettable actions, but i still can’t comprehend why JB gets more leeway than SH? HB indirectly caused HE’s accident while on his job while SH plays around with evidences to get longer sentences for criminals vs JC (tho being tragic) killing salonlady + HB and JB instigating murder against brother + SH & withholding crucial court evidences against a serial killer? Its a joke how the FL can be so understanding to JB but not even share the same level of understanding to her supposed boyfriend.

despite the case, i still wished JKY to have a happy ending, but not with SB because this stupid character doesnt deserve any of them!!!   

@Swatkats yes definitely. Everyone saw the connection she had with JB and SH! In fact JB x SB had more date moments than SB x SH. But i guess many viewers feel cheated because of the eternal love vows HExHB had and also the built up in attraction between SBxSH (thanks to SH tsundere moments). I personally was rather certain SBxSH was gonna be the end game and SBxJC will just be redemption path, but well guess this drama really opened a new horizon to me !!

@jeilopes basically there are alot of discussions for the ending?

1. JB survived the surgery, but suffers amnesia . He finally recalls his JB memories at the bookstore and voila happy ending in the bookstore

2. JB died , hence uncle, friends + STH weird teasing and interaction? SB will continue to live on (not sure if its with JB heart tho) remembering JB while SH can only watch her from a distance. 

i am still leaning more towards the latter but i think its really up to one’s own intepretation. But i really felt disgusted that they made use of the bookstore and had SH to be so tragic at the end. Sigh.

Yes, like you said so well. They have so little dating moments. But each precious moment they had, whether as HB/HE or SH/SB, I was engaged. They really looked like a very loving couple (as HB and HE) or slowly/strangely 'getting there' couple (as SH and SB, at least till episode 9.5). And I was still hoping that the writer would compensate with a loving epic moment with a proper kiss scene between HB/SH and HE/SB in the end. But there was none. Reading the recaps, the circling back of this "sin" of HB (and in the final episode) just really is so uncalled for and just so brutal. Like many of you said, there were so many other unexplained plot lines or lame treatment of certain plot lines. Just why did the writer have to bring this character to this low. :frown:

I think one day I will watch episode 15 and 16 (just to put a closure to this) when I am ready to watch all the disturbing scenes. For now, it is no. I will continue reading here. To know I never walk alone here on my feeling of this drama.

Yes, <Plummpychan> I noticed that LSH looked wasted since episode 11 onwards...  I hope you get a good drama to lead next time, LSH!

The writer didn’t change anything’s the story progress as the originally planned from the early episodes from the beginning they show hint that HB had something hide from HE even in his character description  they write he had sins he didn’t confess even some of us predicted he will be the cause of HE parent death 

even about SH shooting JB it was planned from the beginning because in the gangster character description write he will save JB and will be like his older brother even in JB brother description they mention about JB disappearance 

about JB/JC & SB begin the endgame also there was many hints from early episodes first of all the love triangle of this drama based on wuthring height as we know Catherine true love soulmate was heathcliff despite heathcliff had dark side and flaws and Edgar was more gentleman compare to heathcliff that didn’t change the fact who really Catherine love and since JC/JB was heathcliff in this drama we can predict who will SB choose at the end 

even in the first two episode there was hint indicate that JC is her real soulmate like when was the first one who write the proposal in her favorite page 73 and how HE read JC proposal not HB proposal who write it in the page 127 and when HE talked about some novel part 2 when the female lead end up with someone else’s it’s was indication about the ending of this drama

even how HE feel more comfortable when JC held her hands to the point when she wake up her fear from the hospital and formalin disappear and become more stronger but the reason that make HE love HB in the past and didn’t choose JC because JC and HB never really had fair competition since JC never approach HE because he was shy and feel himself unworthy and afraid his father will hurt her so he step aside and only watch her from afar so HE didn’t really know JC and only meet him twice 

in the present time we can clearly saw that SB only attracted to SH because of HE memories she was always wonder why her heartbeat when  she see him other than that we can see clearly SB and SH had very different characters , beliefs and opinions so SB was never loved SH it was only her memories from the past that make her heart beat at the same time she form stronge bond with JB both understand each other the most ,SB at first think what she feel towards him was pity and in some point in the story she was confused about her feeling towards both men but when she regain HE memories finally understand her heart  

And I see many people didn’t get the real message of this story 

the message was never judge the people from there appearance and background give them chance to talk and listen to them even the people who  had criminal records give them seconed chance there are maybe more human than some people around us and the writer give us example like JC/JB , SB uncles , the gangster boss and his younger brother 

6 minutes ago, saya2 said:

And I see many people didn’t get the real message if this story 

the message was never judge the people from there appearance and background give them chance to talk and listen to them even the people who  had criminal records give them seconed chance there are maybe more human than some people around us and the writer give us example like JC/JB , SB uncles , the gangster boss and his younger brother 

I’m sorry but if you said the message, shouldn’t it’s very clear for us that stalking, instigate murder & murder are morally and legally wrong? It’s contradicted with what has been shown here.

About JC/JB and HB/SH sins both was gray character and committed sins in there both lives 

for me in the present time SH committed more sins than JB , yes JB try to kill SH but at the end there no permanent damage occur and we didn’t forget JB can’t feel emotion 

but when come to SH his actions as prosecuter damage people lives we know the gangster brother was innocent he never kill anyone and he wasn’t pedophile as SH think it turn out he was in love with teacher at that school so SH cause the death of gangster brother and that make us wonder how many people SH misjudge them and put them in prison and also reveal how the family of the people who put them in person there lifes damage because of his action 

he even shoot JB at his head when he was able to shoot him in another place and nearly cause him to die 

but I like how he realize his mistake and redem himself by being lawyer to the criminal who didn’t had anyone to protect them

2 hours ago, whiteclover said:

I totally missed the drowning part when JC held her hands ?? But now it seems like they are referencing it to the hospital scene back then? I guess many viewers who are alr sold the eternal concept have neglected these scenes because they seem trivial. If only better writing was put in place then i believe everyone can have an appropriate closure

@whiteclover That would be Ep 16/32 (Ep. 14/32 is where she almost drowned and slightly touched JC hand who was also trying to save her). After the incident with her Dad and HB dropped her off, she met up with JB, had a little alcohol and opened up to him about an unexplainable pain in heart, she thought it might be  due to her heart holding memories of its previous owner. Here is a portion of what she said,

SB: "...  my heart flutters, but right here it flutters like its shattering...that man, how can he be so vivid? His hand grabbing my hand in the water. I can still feel it now. Its tormenting me..."

She said that without even knowing it was JC hand  that touched hers.

You're correct, poor writing and maybe poor directing also(?) What I think they actually did right was HE & HB love story, They have those heart tugging moments that made JB & SB story go pale in comparison. They also got most viewers rooting on them (SB/SH) hook, line, and sinker.

25 minutes ago, Arcticmama said:

@whiteclover That would be Ep 16/32 (Ep. 14/32 is where she almost drowned and slightly touched JC hand who was also trying to save her). After the incident with her Dad and HB dropped her off, she met up with JB, had a little alcohol and opened up to him about an unexplainable pain in heart, she thought it might be  due to her heart holding memories of its previous owner. Here is a portion of what she said,

SB: "...  my heart flutters, but right here it flutters like its shattering...that man, how can he be so vivid? His hand grabbing my hand in the water. I can still feel it now. Its tormenting me..."

She said that without even knowing it was JC hand  that touched hers.

You're correct, poor writing and maybe poor directing also(?) What I think they actually did right was HE & HB love story, They have those heart tugging moments that made JB & SB story go pale in comparison.

It was SH's, never JB, they give a flashback & she called for SH hands in the water & when SH holds and carress her hands after the cpr, it was never JB to begin with :expressionless:

I don't even think JB touch SB in the water at the drowning scene, SH brushed JB's hands before he had the chance to reach SB body, for him to save his bro who shd be prioritized first.

looke 

37 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

It was SH's, never JB, they give a flashback & she called for SH hands in the water & when he hold her hands after the cpr, it was never JB to begin with

@Plummpychan Yes, you are right, HB held her hand after the CPR but here SB was talking about the one underwater and it was onlyJB's hand that slightly held hers(underwater) while HB had his arm around her neck pulling her up the water.

I rewatched that part again just now to make sure it's not just my imagination. It is there, very briefly though. (Not the part where she gained consciousness after CPR or when she recalled bits and pieces of the past  -- but the actual drowning part after both HB & JB jumped down the water)

For the most part, I am guessing, it was JB that gave her heart a painful tug whereas with HB, he makes her heart flutter/skip a beat.

53 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

It was SH's, never JB, they give a flashback & she called for SH hands in the water & when SH holds and carress her hands after the cpr, it was never JB to begin with :expressionless:

I don't even think JB touch SB in the water at the drowning scene, SH brushed JB's hands before he had the chance to reach SB body, for him to save his bro who shd be prioritized first.

Yes..its not JB hand actually..im repeat this scene several time..if u look the color of coat..its white color which is brother of JB..so JB brother held the hand of SB..not JB..JB wear blue black coat at that time..

so its totally about HB and HE for this scene..

Wow this thread is still going at it until the end. Hahaha how hooked are we that after it ends like so horribly, that we are still grappling over its details? Hahahaha you guys are too cute. Our addiction is just too funny ahahaha.

4 hours ago, JelliKelli said:

SB fell in love with JB ultimately.

And they ultimately failed to show us why, I still don't get why she is in love with him.

The majority of the show she treated him like a little brother what did change that she is suddenly in love with him? I never got any romantic vibes with their scenes because Sabin wasn't into him (and the actors, while both stunning, had no chemistry).

2 hours ago, saya2 said:

about JB/JC & SB begin the endgame also there was many hints from early episodes first of all the love triangle of this drama based on wuthring height as we know Catherine true love soulmate was heathcliff despite heathcliff had dark side and flaws and Edgar was more gentleman compare to heathcliff that didn’t change the fact who really Catherine love and since JC/JB was heathcliff in this drama we can predict who will SB choose at the end 

The thing is hints aren't the same as developement. I could say the whole red string theme was a hint for SB/SH too but obviously that wasn't true. Hyungbin and Haeuns love was much more developed and had much more details and themes.

April 3rd, the cherry blossoms, the ring, music box, hair tying, red string, the wedding that didn't happen. Even both calling their kisses as experiments, how am I supposed to believe they were doomed?

Either they shouldn't have pushed the HE/HB romance so much or the should have changed them to be the endgame couple if they really intended for her to be with JB from the beginning, they did such a poor job.

28 minutes ago, Arcticmama said:

looke 

@Plummpychan Yes, you are right, HB held her hand after the CPR but here SB was talking about the one underwater and it was onlyJB's hand that slightly held hers while HB had his arm around her neck pulling her up the water.

I rewatched that part again just now to make sure its not just my imagination. Its there, very briefly though.

For the most part, I am guessing, it was JB that gave her heart a painful tug whereas with HB, he makes her heart flutter/skip a beat.

Yes it was SH hands she's talking about. If u watch carefully, the hand that holds SB is the little brother hand.

53 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Lol true. Even the flashback she's having is SH hand that hold his neck. 

My last thought of the drama :

i watched this at first for JSY. I love her in QLAW hence i decide to check this. I never paid any attention to both male leads at first place. But watching the series, like many of u guys im sold of the love story HE and HB, starting from the recited poems, the vows, the doll with red string, etc. Then as the drama move to the modern time, im again sold to the love story of SH and SB as well. So i thought, ahh even if he's second lead here, the love story must be abt him and the FL. I didnt favor anyone at the first place, it was hows the drama going that makes me choose and believe that SH will end up with SB.

But suddenly they turned all this around from ep 11. At first i was like, okay a couple in kdrama must have a seperation, theres no way for them to be lovey dovey all the time. Then i wait wait and wait, but things keep going down hill. To the point i cant watch it anymore. The last ep i watched properly with sub was ep 13. Then the story become worst at the ending. They tainted SH chatacter so much, make him a sinner for an accident he didnt intend to do. And i feel like thats the way the writer want to make us to believe now the FL can go to the other man peacefully. But JB did alot more of bad things at the first place, yet he makes him so saintly, so heroic all of sudden. And as u all know, the worst of the worst come, the ending.

i know theres many ways to intepret the ending. Either JB live or dead, the one thats unacceptable for me was how they portrayed SH at the end. The book place shud have remained as a memories place for HE and HB. I wish they didnt taint this. Some more SH becoming like GJC in the past, longing for the girl from afar. Wow i really dumbfounded and angryyy how they ruined SH character in only 1 eps. This will remain as one of the worst ending i watched in my kdrama life. 

I regret a lottttttttt watching this drama. But the only thing console me is that i discover my love for LSH here:wub:

Last thing. For those who wants to wash their brain, try watch Like Likes Like. I watched 2 eps of it and im happier and less deppresed now haha. Seeing LSH there really help to tend my scattered heart! 

If anyone found the subbed episode for ep 3 and the rest, PLEASE do message me the link. 

@whiteclover @innrukia @Plummpychan @fluffyloaf @raziela @Yi Gui @jeilopes @Jalhanda @pamela572 @emmaleigh 

Nice knowing u all and thanks for sharing all ur thoughts here. U guys really make it fun in this frustating drama haha. Im sorry if i missed anyone here, but i like reading all the post posted here. 

See you guys on another thread! Maybe u will find me on Mystic Popup Bar, Its okay not to be okay, and Evil flower. :P

1 hour ago, Arcticmama said:

looke 

@Plummpychan Yes, you are right, HB held her hand after the CPR but here SB was talking about the one underwater and it was onlyJB's hand that slightly held hers(underwater) while HB had his arm around her neck pulling her up the water.

I rewatched that part again just now to make sure it's not just my imagination. It is there, very briefly though. (Not the part where she gained consciousness after CPR or when she recalled bits and pieces of the past  -- but the actual drowning part after both HB & JB jumped down the water)

I think you mistook JB's little brother hand as JB.

46 minutes ago, Haeun said:

And they ultimately failed to show us why, I still don't get why she is in love with him.

The majority of the show she treated him like a little brother what did change that she is suddenly in love with him? I never got any romantic vibes with their scenes because Sabin wasn't into him (and the actors, while both stunning, had no chemistry).

True, there's no other reason other than pity :)))

Btw, finally I took some courage to watch the last ending part

I think it's clear to me that JB didn't make it given how SB is crying at the end, and the scene where SB meet JB at the bookstore is only her imagination. That's why SH give a strange look because he doesn't see what SB is seeing, lol 

I don't get why ppl think it's a happy ending, because the way SB is crying didn't give a slight sign of relieve at all, it's pain.

27 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

Wow this thread is still going at it until the end. Hahaha how hooked are we that after it ends like so horribly, that we are still grappling over its details? Hahahaha you guys are too cute. Our addiction is just too funny ahahaha.

It is because the disappointment is too big :joy:

I was sooooo invested in this drama and was defending it for such a long time because I thought that they wouldn't possibly let her end up with her stalker and the guy that murdered her fiance but hooooo boy. Just when I finally found a k-drama I was really enjoying after a long while especially with JSY and LSH playing a couple that looked like was definitely going to be endgame. I was sooo pleased and then everything went to hell and got irredeemable.

The fact they had a beautiful OST, beautiful actors with two having amazing chemistry (LSH and JSY) and a story that was actually interesting and would have been great if everything was adressed and it got the right ending. The wasted potential is what annoys me the most. I really hope someone casts Seyeon and Soohyuk in a romcom or something where their chemistry is used to the fullest and not wasted.

9 minutes ago, Haeun said:

I was sooooo invested in this drama and was defending it for such a long time because I thought that they wouldn't possibly let her end up with her stalker and the guy that murdered her fiance but hooooo boy. Just when I finally found a k-drama I was really enjoying after a long while especially with JSY and LSH playing a couple that looked like was definitely going to be endgame. I was sooo pleased and then everything went to hell and got irredeemable.

The fact they had a beautiful OST, beautiful actors with two having amazing chemistry (LSH and JSY) and a story that was actually interesting and would have been great if everything was adressed and it got the right ending. The wasted potential is what annoys me the most. I really hope someone casts Seyeon and Soohyuk in a romcom or something where their chemistry is used to the fullest and not wasted.

I FEEL YOU. I was defending JKY's character but they made him so lame in the end. You were shipping LSH and JSY while I was shipping JKY and murder (can I call it a ship). Different and yet both so agonizing hahahahaha. I can't believe he went through all the trouble of looking crazy to only end up this way. Screw this, I don't even have mood to work all day *throw my non-existent paperwork in the air*

@nitttss I will miss y'all too!!! Hahaha and all of y'alls humour filled posts!!!

@whiteclover I haven't replied your posts but I might come back to drag you into this thread again after I actually watch the subbed episode hahahaha

1 hour ago, fluffyloaf said:

@fluffyloaf this drama is poison with no cure :joy: i guess its the lingering regrets/ our hopes that the drama could have had a better ending that made us still loiter around here. I hate to admit but there's a part of me having withdrawal syndrome for this traumatic drama .... LOL. It's like i am used to popping by and reading everyone's comments & replying !! 

1 hour ago, nitttss said:

@whiteclover @innrukia @Plummpychan @fluffyloaf @raziela @Yi Gui @jeilopes @Jalhanda @pamela572 @emmaleigh 

Nice knowing u all and thanks for sharing all ur thoughts here. U guys really make it fun in this frustating drama haha. Im sorry if i missed anyone here, but i like reading all the post posted here. 

See you guys on another thread! Maybe u will find me on Mystic Popup Bar, Its okay not to be okay, and Evil flower. :P

@nitttss awww !! i appreciate everyone's replies and enjoy reading them too. It's like pulling me back to sanity because i can't relate to the values and sanity the writer has written for this drama! I will see you at Flower of Evil thread ^^ meanwhile, i will continue to lurk around until my heart sends HB away LOL. I am sure they will release some BTS too.

1 hour ago, Plummpychan said:

I think it's clear to me that JB didn't make it given how SB is crying at the end, and the scene where SB meet JB at the bookstore is only her imagination. That's why SH give a strange look because he doesn't see what SB is seeing, lol 

I don't get why ppl think it's a happy ending, because the way SB is crying didn't give a slight sign of relieve at all, it's pain.

@Plummpychan wow thats very courageous of you!! applaudding you. You had no idea how i sat through the livestream yesterday first hand :rage::bawling: but yes i think the opinions on the ending seems very divided. Its either JB survived/ SB sees JB's spirits in the bookstore. I mean SH's eyes were kinda weird too at the end? I guess its really up to our own intepretation. Mean me wishes the latter because the bookstore seriously shouldn't be the lovegrounds for SB x JB!! 

59 minutes ago, Haeun said:

@Haeun Haeun-ah, i am so glad you made HB your DP. HAHAHHAAH!! Yesyes, i am all in for a new drama with SY & SH to serve justice for the 2 lives they missed in BA!! 

42 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

@whiteclover I haven't replied your posts but I might come back to drag you into this thread again after I actually watch the subbed episode hahahaha

:joy: i am waiting for you to drag me to hell ... HAHHAHA. 

2 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

I guess its really up to our own intepretation. Mean me wishes the latter because the bookstore seriously shouldn't be the lovegrounds for SB x JB!! 

Yes its an open ending. No matter what ppl say, im going to think that JB died and SB only saw her imagination. Then SH looking SB from afar thinking, why did this girl smiling alone?? She must be crazy i need to move on from her! And he meets a pretty and sane woman later on:P

1 hour ago, Plummpychan said:

Woah.. im proud of u! I cant bring myself to watch lol

One question, did SB forgive SH? In the hospital scene i tought i heard her saying its not his fault and she didnt blame him. Is that true? Or i heard it wrong?

And yes, her crying at the end definitely isnt a cry of relief. And at the end she said something like she forget all her painful memories already is it? Must be JB death. 

Archived