[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

The OST for this drama is so beautiful

Ha Eun :heart: Hyung Bin

JSY's stylist made a post on her 80s Ha Eun outfits:)  My favourite looks are yellow outfit when she was going to the bathhouse, the white top and blue skirt when she first spoke to JiCheol, I loved the colours of her death scene outfit against the snowy background.  I really like that short denim dress too. I suppose that's for a later flashback.

4 hours ago, jfritz09 said:

Jang Ki Yong surprised me in this drama. I knew that he was good from My Mister, but I didn't know that he was this good!

All I can say is Wow!

He is doing a tremendous job.

Yes, he has certainly pleasantly surprised me in this drama too. I last watched him in Search: WWW and disliked his acting to the point I was fast forwarding through his scenes. Although to be fair to him, his character in that drama was pointless and very badly written. I do highly recommend that drama besides his character though!

7 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

HB is back to being a detective, him and HE find their bodies from the past including her wedding ring. His old partner recognizes him, which I suspected to happen anyway, this takes place what? 20, 30 years later? There are going to be people who recognize them. And the hospital scene when he's injured where in the past it was the other way around with her in the hospital instead. Including HB and HE find each other familiar.

It think it's either 32 or 34 years as it's either 1986 or 1988. Yes, it looks like his old partner will recognise him! So funny how they  basically said the actor will be looking the same!and have just given him a goatee and slightly different hair :lol: 

Aiso according to the character descriptions the two lawyers at JiCheol's trial, the defence lawyer Hye Mi, and the prosecuting lawyer, Cheon Seok Tae, will be important characters in the modern timeline. I'm not sure if this is a spoiler as it's from the official KBS character descriptions but I will put in a spoiler bar just in case

Spoiler

Hye Mi's daughter is engaged to Kim Soo Hyuk and Cheon Seok Tae is Cheon Jeong Beom's father!:astonished:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, thistle said:

JKY is brilliant for sure.  I first saw him in Come and Hug Me.  His character in that drama was so believable and so true that I still believe that he exists for real.

If you haven't seen Come and Hug Me, you should.  It's in my personal top ten.  

However, a warning:  that drama is a complete "wrecker" because it is emotionally devastating to watch (especially if you have PTSD because the drama goes there).  I could not watch it until all the episodes had aired and I had read all the re-caps.  It is so good but it hurts so bad because the leads truly suffer because of the past.

I kinda have a feeling that Born Again is another drama that I'm gonna be waiting for rather than watching.  I got too nervous to watch all the way through episode one.  (And if I know anything at all, it is that JKY is gonna "bring it" in his role--his JC is my kind of character; a broken Byronic hero with a heart of gold.  And that's just the sort of character he played in Come and Hug Me, too.)  So, I'm just reading spoilers at a safe distance.    

Come and Hug Me sounds like an intriguing drama. I'll check it out.

If you are a big JKY fan, the first few episodes of Born Again may be a tough watch. He plays quite a tortured character who has to endure a lot. However, that also allows him to show his acting prowess. The good news is his character in the present seems to have an easier time. He may even get the girl :)

Among K-actors of his generation, JKY seems to be one of the most promising ones. He has a certain depth to him that shows in his acting.

I loved the first two eps, the ending of ep2 made me cry a bit TT And even though i do feel bad for Jicheol story, to me Haeun and Hyungbin didn't deserve that tragic ending either. I read about the swapping souls and honestly i don't feel it too much. i believe Haeun and Hyungbin are otp and mean to be so the only way to make JKY lead here is to make him Hyungbin reincarnation. Idk, i feel it's kinda unfair to Hyungbin, he didn't do anything wrong, was killed and to have his killer fulfill his wish that is to live as him next life? Even though well theoretically his soul is still with Haeun but that's just... man, sorry this drama is messing up with me already ^^, but either way i'm on board to see how it turns out while still holding on my ship that is Haeun and Hyungbin in their original forms! (lol) 

There's not many dramas i can watch these days, so glad to find one intriguing enough ^^ Btw, happy to see people loving JSY here! 

Im really happy to have found this forum. Im still amazed by the 2 first episodes of this drama. Like WOW. Can mondays and tuesdays come faster now??? And i was wondering if anyone has any sources of the highlight trailer with subs so i can rewatch it while waiting for the new eps. Can't wait to see our 3 leads fate entangle in the modern times 

One thing that has puzzled me is the amount of criticism that JSY has received on-line over the years. Sure, she was raw when she debuted, but she has improved a lot, and it is clear that she has been working hard to improve her craft.

I thought that her acting was more than good enough in Grand Prince and Queen: Love and War, and so far in Born Again, she has been doing well too. And, as always, her pure and beautiful "visuals" brighten the screen every time that she is on it. :)

On 4/23/2020 at 12:14 PM, RanP said:

I loved the first two eps, the ending of ep2 made me cry a bit TT And even though i do feel bad for Jicheol story, to me Haeun and Hyungbin didn't deserve that tragic ending either. I read about the swapping souls and honestly i don't feel it too much. i believe Haeun and Hyungbin are otp and mean to be so the only way to make JKY lead here is to make him Hyungbin reincarnation. Idk, i feel it's kinda unfair to Hyungbin, he didn't do anything wrong, was killed and to have his killer fulfill his wish that is to live as him next life? Even though well theoretically his soul is still with Haeun but that's just... man, sorry this drama is messing up with me already ^^, but either way i'm on board to see how it turns out while still holding on my ship that is Haeun and Hyungbin in their original forms! (lol) 

There's not many dramas i can watch these days, so glad to find one intriguing enough ^^ Btw, happy to see people loving JSY here! 

:heartbreak:I feel so sorry for Hyung Bin and Ha Eun too.  They did nothing wrong but because Jicheol became obsessed with Ha Eun they are all dead. Still at least HB and HE knew what it was to have family and love. My heart also breaks for JiCheol because, yes, some of his actions were very wrong but that was a result of the terrible abuse and brainwashing he had experienced since young.  His life was just so tragic and his love for Ha eun was so pure in it's own twisted way. Hyung Bin's love for Ha Eun is so pure too-the fact that he begged JC to save her even with his dying breath:bawling:

22 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

@raziela Who was Hye Mi again? Looking back at the 1980s character list, she is the only one I don't recognize.

Hye Mi was the female lawyer who defended Jicheol at his trial.  She was also the female driver in the car scene with JiCheol and his father. Jicheol's father (Gong in Woo) told her to look after him.

21 hours ago, Atelophobia said:

Im really happy to have found this forum. Im still amazed by the 2 first episodes of this drama. Like WOW. Can mondays and tuesdays come faster now??? And i was wondering if anyone has any sources of the highlight trailer with subs so i can rewatch it while waiting for the new eps. Can't wait to see our 3 leads fate entangle in the modern times 

Welcome to the thread :lol: Unfortunately nobody has translated the long trailer but KBS World has translated the four teasers. i have put them in this spoiler bar:)

Spoiler

Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Teaser 3

Teaser 4

17 hours ago, jfritz09 said:

One thing that has puzzled me is the amount of criticism that JSY has received on-line over the years. Sure, she was raw when she debuted, but she has improved a lot, and it is clear that she has been working hard to improve her craft.

I thought that her acting was more than good enough in Grand Prince and Queen: Love and War, and so far in Born Again, she has been doing well too. And, as always, her pure and beautiful "visuals" brighten the screen every time that she is on it. :)

:relaxed::heart:  Thank you for showing some love to my girl and recognising how much she has improved her craft.  She is doing a good job, kind, hardworking, professional, lives a lowkey life with no controversies but for some reason Se Yeon seems to be netizen's actress to pick on:tears:

13 hours ago, Fabbo said:

I don't believe they switched souls. It just doesn't make sense thematically.

How do you mean by "thematically"?  What do you think the theme of the drama is? I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

New stills of our lead trio reincarnated in 2020:

10 hours ago, jfritz09 said:

True. I've loved her since 'My Daughter The Flower' and was always happy to see her get the lead roles especially in Doctor Stranger. Yet ppl keep criticizing her acting. Im honestly puzzled as to why, i think her acting really has improved throughout the years. Its just that ppl tend to nitpick on her.

Hello All, 

I was browsing internet to find a place where there is more discussions on the Born again show episodes in detail. Is this the right place?  Happy to find place this place. Do you all understand Korean and watch it without subtitles?.

10 hours ago, Atelophobia said:

True. I've loved her since 'My Daughter The Flower' and was always happy to see her get the lead roles especially in Doctor Stranger. Yet ppl keep criticizing her acting. Im honestly puzzled as to why, i think her acting really has improved throughout the years. Its just that ppl tend to nitpick on her.

I agree with you and dont understand why she gets snapped at every time she is selected for new drama and all sorts of sarcastic remarks will appear.  Only rationale I can came up with the jealousy of these people due to her bright personality and well mannered.  I have been watching all of her drama ever since she debuted.  She has improved very much since then.   Despite getting flack every time she has a new drama, she has maintained a positive attitude and goes on with her own thing.   

8 hours ago, Swatkats said:

Hello All, 

I was browsing internet to find a place where there is more discussions on the Born again show episodes in detail. Is this the right place?  Happy to find place this place. Do you all understand Korean and watch it without subtitles?.

This is the right place--in fact, it's the best place!  Welcome.  :wub:

There are a lot of people here who understand various languages.  (Alas, I am not one of them.)  There are some who understand Korean, and many who do not.  We are really lucky because the ones who do understand Korean are great about sharing information.

And thank goodness for the people who share spoilers!  I'm just reading and not watching right now but Born Again looks like a really excellent drama and I'm longing to hear what happens next, so I hope you'll share, too.

Hmmm... a Monday-Tuesday drama, this would probably be a good replacement for my two ongoing dramas that will end next week.

But... I'm not sure if I'm ready with this love triangle :lol:. I always wanted Soo Hyuk to get the girl but then there's Jang Ki Yong too... aigoo... 

Well, KAJA ~ !!!!

the first two episodes where solid.

I don't like love triangles i'm more in to OT3  or solid one couple and no rivaliries.  So we will see how this tackles that aspect.

But i love the mystery/thiller.

@Swatkats welcome!! as myself I been watching k-dramas over ten years so I can watch without subtitles to catch the basic story but for the medical or juridical lingo I need subtitles. so I usually watch the episode twice if I can't wait for the subs.

On 4/23/2020 at 6:11 AM, scarletlover1 said:

HB and HE have to get the happy ending this time! JC got between them and ruined everything! I can't wait for him to remember and get his girl back!

I might be the only one but I feel sorry for JC and want him to have his happy ending.. he didn’t choose to be the son of a serial killer let alone be a KILLER himself. We saw his struggles... he didn’t have the intentions to kill, like he told his father, his father killed because he wanted to. We can all agree that that evil lady kind of deserved it, she was so dang awful.. had no remorse or regrets over what she did, even laughed. If I was JC, I probably would have smacked her too. Anyways, obviously we see that the 3 leads have been reborn and are living somewhat opposite lives from their past lives. I hope JC and HB didn’t switch souls.. but I also don’t want their present selves to have to suffer knowing what their past selves did and face the consequences of their past actions. Nobody deserved that tragedy... HE loved HB in her past life.. but I want her to love JC in this lifetime. After all, they all now have a clean plate... they should not be tied down to what they did in the past, especially JC.

KBS posted the Behind the scenes video

The filming atmosphere seems to be really good:grin: 

OMG! The snow scene looked so cold. :cold_sweat:I do not know how JSY ws walking around and even sat down the snow in a skirt and the boys rolling round in the falling snow.  Everyone worked so hard in difficult conditions!

I used to love that game SeYeon was playing on the old PC:lol:  

I didn't realise that was there first scene together. Soo Hyuk is so shy but he managed to win the battle with the hair tie in the end :lol:

JKY is so tall! I felt sorry for the make-up woman trying to fix his hair.  I am surprised he did that jump himself!  i thought it was a stunt person + CGI. Very cool!

English translation of the BTS video  All credit for English translation to lighthoney1610

20 hours ago, Swatkats said:

Hello All, 

Welcome to the thread! This forum is a great place to discuss and looks like our Born Again thread is already very active:lol:  I think the vast majority of posters do not speak Korean and watch the drama with subtitles on streaming sites.

@Atelophobiaand  @KimacC :blush: Thanks for supporting JSY:heart: 

Since Haeun made her vow to love Hyungbin and only him, i expect her not to change and still fall for him, under any appearance. only then i mayyy accept the swapping souls (edit: still not sure lol). Otherwise if she falls for JC then idk. well that's just me, once i'm set on an otp i can't change kkk plus Haeun and Hyungbin deserve their 2nd chance, too.

Archived