[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Tw_22 said:

next week preview! 

ok. The leading men's soul switched. Notice Jang ki yong holding his heart and Lee soo hyuk twitching his eye? And also she fell from chair and JKY grabbed her, like in 1980s LSH grabbed her from falling the stairs?

Ok this gets more exciting, can't wait!!

Yeh, I think is really possible!! And I’m exciting to discover.

1 hour ago, The_Doctor said:

ok. The leading men's soul switched. Notice Jang ki yong holding his heart and Lee soo hyuk twitching his eye? And also she fell from chair and JKY grabbed her, like in 1980s LSH grabbed her from falling the stairs?

About that, it’s really too early to say who is going to end up with Sa Bin. Just enjoy the mystery.

41 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

soo hyuk again not will be with the girl:tears:

I've been looking forward to this drama.....but I'm kinda afraid to like it because I have a feeling that it will go tragic and that would completely wreck me.  It is way too easy for JKY to break my heart.  So I think I'll just be watching from a safe distance for awhile, like maybe only reading spoilers and following this thread. 

Man I feel like every drama Jang Ki Yong picks is right up my alley storywise (before this Come and Hug Me and Kill It) as I like dark moody dramas with serial killers and whatnot, but none have lived up to my expectations so far and have fallen flat with the story, so I'm really hoping this one can. change that.

Think he's more interesting playing a killer/tragic character so it's a shame it looks like he's the good guy in the present but will see how it goes.

Jin Se Yeon as beautiful as ever 

On 4/21/2020 at 3:29 AM, sasha1818 said:

I liked the start and how they showed the present time first before the past. Interestingly, Jeongbeom was standing in between the other 2 during the snowflakes scene. Normally, It would be the female lead standing in between the 2 guys LOL I guess it's foreshadowing how him meeting the 2 of them ended in their separation in the past life and how in this life as well, he will come inbetween them

I know people rag on the actress but I really like her here haha

Yes, I loved that opening scene and the snow is even more poignant now we see how and where they all died.

Thanks for liking JSY! She's my fave so always happy to hear praise for her :relaxed:

13 hours ago, rocher22 said:

An interesting episode.

I like the connection to the novel ''Wuthering heights''.

HEs kindness was the only thing that made sense of JCs life.

Hopefully the real killer wont find out about HE.

I like those scenes in the present. 

Yes, I like the literary references to Wuthering Heights.  I don't remember much about the book as-unlike Ha Eun-I wasn't keen on it but i wonder if the whole story will have parallels to Wuthering heights or just this opening section.  In this interview it states they even tried to make JiCheol's appearance reminiscent of Heathcliff so i guess that's why the long shaggy hair.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002857503 

12 hours ago, Lilona said:

All three leads have very nice voices. I really enjoy to hear them

They do all have gorgeous voices.  i would listen to them read audio books lol!:lol:

9 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

I have seen some people think their souls switched but I'm not sure yet.  I feel like maybe the drama is trying to make us second-guess ourselves by providing clues in either direction. Like we also saw JiCheol hold his heart in the 1980s when he was following Ha Eun right before he was arrested.  Also JiCheol held Ha Eun in his arms at least twice when she fainted too.

Whether JiCheol is medical student Chun JeongBeom or prosecutor Kim Soo Hyuk in his 2020 reincarnated life, I really hope he doesn't remember the horrific memories of abuse from his past life:tears:

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

Seriously.... Jin Se-Yun as the main female lead dies more often in dramaland than everyone else. Is there a drama where she doesn't die, or fake die (Dr. Stranger)?? 

Think she didnt die in Grand Prince?

I really like her. Her acting in Bridal Mask was quite raw but she has improved a lot

Thank GOD, all 3 are back in present times with better hair LoL!:w00t: In particular Ji Chul..;)

It's like the 2 men have a personality swap or somethin'. Ji Chul is now sweet while Hyung Bin became more aloof. I much prefer Ha Eun in straight hair. I'm only watchin' this strictly for Ki Yong and Soo Hyuk tbvh, am not a fan of Jin Se Yeon.:P It's nice to see Ki Yong switch it up with varied roles, btw he & Soo Hyuk are model turned actors from YG.

If this follows Wuthering Heights, it'd end tragically~:(

The story is quite tragic in the past.

JCs love for HE is weird and it would scare any girl.

But, that was the only beautiful thing in his life.

This is the similarity between JC and Heathcliff.

HBs love for HE is completely protective.

But, that kind of love can be a burden sometimes.

I like that HE had her own opinion even though HB told her

that JC was the killer.

She still believed that everything was an accident.

Thats why she visited JC to see for herself what was true.

Even HB was surprised that HE wasnt scared.

It was their first quarrel  at that bookstore.

I would like to make some key points here:

1. JC wished to be reborn as HB.
  2. Present day HB is getting like headaches and Present day JC is getting chest pains. (HB was the one who was stabbed in the chest and stomach while HB shot himself in the head.
  3. Also in the preview, it showed present day JC catching HE the same way HB caught her in the past.
  4. HE and HB swore they would love each other in their past lives and the next.
  5. But JC continues to stand in between them even in modern day as he did in the past.

I have SLS and am rooting for HB so if this is a soul swap, I don't know how to feel about this. What do you all think? Anymore theories?

2 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

I would like to make some key points here:

1. JC wished to be reborn as HB.
  2. Present day HB is getting like headaches and Present day JC is getting chest pains. (HB was the one who was stabbed in the chest and stomach while HB shot himself in the head.
  3. Also in the preview, it showed present day JC catching HE the same way HB caught her in the past.
  4. HE and HB swore they would love each other in their past lives and the next.
  5. But JC continues to stand in between them even in modern day as he did in the past.

I have SLS and am rooting for HB so if this is a soul swap, I don't know how to feel about this. What do you all think? Anymore theories?

Adding some more theories here! I just watched the highlight trailer a second time, having watched all the episodes and having a better understanding. Now there is the possibility of a soul swap but the present day selves seem more like their past selves and history could be repeating itself a bit.

So JC gives off the creepy vibe again. He's possibly following her around again, he's painting again, he found words that he wrote in the past and when he catches HE, she seems to remember HB catching her (just a possibility)!

HB is back to being a detective, him and HE find their bodies from the past including her wedding ring. His old partner recognizes him, which I suspected to happen anyway, this takes place what? 20, 30 years later? There are going to be people who recognize them. And the hospital scene when he's injured where in the past it was the other way around with her in the hospital instead. Including HB and HE find each other familiar.

Yes, HE and HB were in love and then JC appeared between them.

And somehow he prevented them from being happy.

But, HE only felt good when JC held her hand.

She was so happy when she explaining it to HB because she thought

it was his hand.

1 hour ago, jfritz09 said:

Jang Ki Yong surprised me in this drama. I knew that he was good from My Mister, but I didn't know that he was this good!

All I can say is Wow!

He is doing a tremendous job.

JKY is brilliant for sure.  I first saw him in Come and Hug Me.  His character in that drama was so believable and so true that I still believe that he exists for real.

If you haven't seen Come and Hug Me, you should.  It's in my personal top ten.  

However, a warning:  that drama is a complete "wrecker" because it is emotionally devastating to watch (especially if you have PTSD because the drama goes there).  I could not watch it until all the episodes had aired and I had read all the re-caps.  It is so good but it hurts so bad because the leads truly suffer because of the past.

I kinda have a feeling that Born Again is another drama that I'm gonna be waiting for rather than watching.  I got too nervous to watch all the way through episode one.  (And if I know anything at all, it is that JKY is gonna "bring it" in his role--his JC is my kind of character; a broken Byronic hero with a heart of gold.  And that's just the sort of character he played in Come and Hug Me, too.)  So, I'm just reading spoilers at a safe distance.    

Archived